Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

Possible spoilers

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Jagers... Wild Hunt... There all complete scum, and if they're so obliging as to kill each other off, so much the better.

Well yeah, it's true, all scum.........of course these kinds of stories are better when they've got good villains.  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

sm31

sm31

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
I'm a little confused. After all the talk of Esdese having an "interest" in power, torture, fighting, and virtually nothing else... Suddenly we're told she cares for widows & soldier's families. Is it me, or is this a ham fisted attempt on the authors part to segue into a new "character" arc?

Probably just me. :(

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I'm a little confused. After all the talk of Esdese having an "interest" in power, torture, fighting, and virtually nothing else... Suddenly we're told she cares for widows & soldier's families. Is it me, or is this a ham fisted attempt on the authors part to segue into a new "character" arc?

Probably just me. :(

Well, it could be a little ham fisted, yeah, though honestly she's such an over the-top-type character probably just about any attempt to give her more than two dimensions might seem a little odd. Her whole "school girl" style infatuation with Tatsumi  is pretty odd if you put it in context with how she's been portrayed "professionally".

In defense of the author though, that "caring" for her troops bit, that was introduced right along with her character, the very first time we saw her she was giving instructions to give all the money to her troops. (yeah, I don't remember what money it actually was now, that was a long time ago to me   :D )

Edited by svines85, 01 March 2014 - 03:12 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

sm31

sm31

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
That's right! I forgot about that. Between that & her crush I can see how they did some foreshadowing. You nailed it with "over the top" comment. Pretty amazing considering the rest of the story! But I think that's the root of my issue with her character.

figureLP09

figureLP09

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationInside a sword.

Chapter 46 can be resumed in just one sentence: "Wave got tired of your shit, Xemnas".

The soil of a man's heart is stonier. He grows what he can, and he tends it. 

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

That's right! I forgot about that. Between that & her crush I can see how they did some foreshadowing. You nailed it with "over the top" comment. Pretty amazing considering the rest of the story! But I think that's the root of my issue with her character.

Yeah, you're right, she's quite the polarizing character, no doubt.  :)

Chapter 46 can be resumed in just one sentence: "Wave got tired of your shit, Xemnas".

Yeah, I agree with you on that, though I honestly find the scenario the author's given us on this just a little bit unrealistic frankly. Esdeath and her group were plenty feared/admired/respected in the capital, to think things would have gone so far the other way just seems a mite unlikely to me.

Of course it's the author's call, it seems clear (to me, or at least most likely) it was done with the express purpose of setting up a conflict between the groups which might have the potential to shift some or all of the Jaeger group's loyalties/alliances. 

Tn7HA0h.png

Julian_Ex

Julian_Ex

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

So after Bors burned lots of people alive with his fire, his wife and daughter got raped and killed.

I think that's good, but not really a fair trade though.

Mramazin_

Mramazin_

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

Sins of the father paid for with the death of his family. Damn sucked that Bors wife had to die, but I guess that needed to happen to push Wave over the edge. Now to see who will win the little bitch that hides behind his fathers name and title or the confused "justice" fighter, its probably gonna get stopped half way into the fight though so theres really no need to get too excited --_--

sm31

sm31

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
Well... Clearly the author was always going to set up a bitter sort of "enemy of my enemy" scenario. My hope is that once various baddies are killed over the next 20-ish chapters, they write a creative & believable reconciliation between the major players. That is my hope, vain though it may be. It will require a fair bit more talent than just killing everyone off in strange new ways. Yep, its a vain hope, but I'm gonna hold onto it as I keep following.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

So after Bors burned lots of people alive with his fire, his wife and daughter got raped and killed.

I think that's good, but not really a fair trade though.

Yup, in my experience "fair" is more of a concept, it's darned rare if not nonexistent in real life (and manga  :D ). 

Tn7HA0h.png

Alcruid

Alcruid

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • Locationsomewheeeeere... over the rainbow, way up high ~

Is it wrong of me to think this was quite a good chapter?

I'm actually surprised why I was fairly surprised that this actually happened, for some reason I always think someone's going to go out and save them, but No. 

Though it were probably the last few pages that made me really like this chapter and wave, though that just got me thinking, the normal scenario would be Wild Hunt vs. Night raid, with Wild Hunt not seeming all that powerful, but just axe crazy, and now it's wave instead of NR. Wave actually seemed like the most powerful Jaeger, judging from the last part, 3 NR's had difficulty with just avoiding him and in every arc he was blown away team rocket style, probably for the sake of him being too powerful to start the arc with. So basically I hope this means he'll slaughter wild hunt with ease.

Wow, that sentence really made no sense

Thaeria2.gif

My webcomic (action | fantasy | adventure | mystery) on Batoto (image)

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/sp/thaeria-dancing-with-the-devil-r11374

Hear me sing and help me grow and improve! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGBxlhBeruObuKrVkQaTRtw

Alcruid | Al | Alc | Altan | Alcchan

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Well that was a good chapter, Wave beat the main bad guy and it looks like Wild Hunt's become polarized enough to have both the "good" guys and the "bad" guys after them.........the next chapter should be really good.

Tn7HA0h.png

Azneas

Azneas

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts

Huh, so there was actually a reasoning behind Wild Hunt's actions (besides the whole enjoyment of killing and raping).  That's kind of clever, making Night Raid go after them instead of searching the entire region for Night Raid.  Of course, they're still scum of the lowest tier. 

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Great chapter..........and yeah, Ran's got Kurome's number, that's for sure  >_<

Spoiler

Tn7HA0h.png

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Huh, so there was actually a reasoning behind Wild Hunt's actions (besides the whole enjoyment of killing and raping).  That's kind of clever, making Night Raid go after them instead of searching the entire region for Night Raid.  Of course, they're still scum of the lowest tier. 

Well not too clever. They created more problems for themselves in the process, anticipatable problems at that.  They could have done a fraction of the things they did and still lured out Night Raid, without all the problems it created for them. Well I guess their egos were such that anyone defeating them was unconsiderable.  

Anyway, what use is luring the enemy to you, if your enemy has control of the time and place? Much smarter to track them down and take them by surprise on your own terms. This would make more sense if they had someone else do a atrocity, have this person wait around in a set place, and wait in ambush when Night Raid tries to attack.

So glad to see the clown die, that was too vile. And the school teacher dying and becoming a undead puppet was something readers might even have been able to predict. It's clear that the comic doesn't want anyone in Jaggers to be too much on the side of justice. Does she really think her friends still with her as a undead puppet? Talk about self delusion. What exactly killed the school teacher anyway?(besides the undead sword of course, she was dying before this)

Edited by truepurple, 30 April 2014 - 12:22 AM.

Forgotten Muse

Forgotten Muse

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationArtistic Limbo

Well not too clever. They created more problems for themselves in the process, anticipatable problems at that.  They could have done a fraction of the things they did and still lured out Night Raid, without all the problems it created for them. Well I guess their egos were such that anyone defeating them was unconsiderable.  

Anyway, what use is luring the enemy to you, if your enemy has control of the time and place? Much smarter to track them down and take them by surprise on your own terms. This would make more sense if they had someone else do a atrocity, have this person wait around in a set place, and wait in ambush when Night Raid tries to attack.

So glad to see the clown die, that was too vile. And the school teacher dying and becoming a undead puppet was something readers might even have been able to predict. It's clear that the comic doesn't want anyone in Jaggers to be too much on the side of justice. Does she really think her friends still with her as a undead puppet? Talk about self delusion. What exactly killed the school teacher anyway?(besides the undead sword of course, she was dying before this)

Yeah, if that was the plan, they certainly could have went about it better. What could have been a 2 vs 1 groupwise turned into a free for all that Night Raid capitilized on.

Ran was hit by two of Champ's ball teigus (one being an explosion deadon and close proximity while he's defending Kurome). He had some pretty bad wounds (especially to the back) from the explosion and drop thereafter. He may have survived if he didn't do anything else and rested, but he used a secret technique and further burned energy protecting Kurome and escaping.

Stand by your ideals, not behind them.

Bakeneko

Bakeneko

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOn Melancholy Hill

Well, Ran skillfully displays why it is never a good idea to turn your back on an enemy who is just 99% dead. You will be dead in the next couple of pages. Seriously, they really should learn to check wether an enemy is dead or just "nearly dead but still able to land a killing blow"-dead. Cheria made the same mistake and both don't even have the excuse of being attacked while trying to confirm their enemy's deaths; they just walked away.

Wild Hunt is not known for being clever. Look at that Clown! He is the very definition of "too dumb to live". He is after all easily fooled by Ran into following him to some ruins because Ran promises him innocent children for his own pleasure. Cosmina is also rather stupid and things like battle strategies are all but unknown to her. 

Let's face it; they just do things because they can and take delight in murdering and pillaging. A positive secondary effect was that their actions lured out Night Raid but I guess they would have done these atrocius things anyway and it is likely that Shura just disguised it as an elaborate plan he came up with to "justify" their actions.

Anyway, looking forward to the total obliteration of Wild Hunt :) 

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Well there is wild hunt, and then there is their leader, the privileged son, separate because he probably doesn't care one wit about the others on the team, just people to use from the start.  I mean none of Wild hunts members exactly have good bonds with one another, but him least of all, I bet. And while we might see the clown dying as the beginning of the end of Wild hunt, and in a sense that might be true, its also probably a elaborate ploy by Privileged son, they just took his bait. I am sure more of Wild hunt is sure to fall, and just when it looks like it is all over for them,(with them all dead except for two) Privileged Son and one insider Wild hunt member PS entrusts with his plan spring their trap.

It could also be a test of loyalty to the Jaggers members/chance to discredit their loyalty and eliminate competition for the spotlight.

Edited by truepurple, 01 June 2014 - 04:07 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Mmmm..........oh well, pretty much just an omake I guess. Though at least it did have Esdeath in it, we haven't seen her in a while, and now we know she's probably going to be showing back up pretty soon too..........and she's still got Tatsumi on her mind of course  :D

Mein is so dead    >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

Raptop

Raptop

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDunno where

I am very surprised and disappointed that the last chapter was only 10 pages long :(  -_-  :angry: