Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

Possible spoilers

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

If a battle between Teigu users will end up in at least one of them dying (it has been quoted throughout the series, multiple times)

Spoiler

Is this an inconsistency?

You are of course right about the "one user will die" part of it having been said.  Though I suppose I see it as  more to be taken as 'if they both fight with the intention of winning the fight' then at least one is bound to die............meaning something like a tactical retreat or maybe even surrender just shouldn't be considered in the statement.

So maybe I'm viewing that axiom as  more of just a practical, combat-type "rule-of-thumb" instead of some fixed, set in stone, sort of thing.

Edited by svines85, 10 April 2013 - 07:52 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Seraphic Mist

Seraphic Mist

Russet Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 486 posts
  • LocationOtaku World

Maybe the rule doesn't apply because

Spoiler

Really? He's a Teigu? I mean...is it mentioned somewhere? Because I definitely missed that, then.

I see it as  more to be taken as 'if they both fight with the intention of winning the fight' then at least one is bound to die

Admittedly, that's a good point. I didn't think of that... I was imagining something really far-fetched like some kind of Supernatural Prison or Arena Trap that would prevent either user from leaving a Teigu battle, once it started.

I thought that if the Teigu didn't see (the?) potential in a person (that it was looking for), it wouldn't choose them. And so, if two Teigu confronted each other, they wouldn't allow their users to just walk away if the users displayed killing/winning intent. But that was my far-fetched imagination.

I still harbor my doubts, but I'll have to make do with that explanation for now. Because it's definitely the more correct explanation than my ridiculous one...

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Nah, I know just where you're coming from, and there have been many examples of........I guess I'd use the word "mystical"......type occurrences in the manga already that might imply that it was some sort of "iron-clad" rule that had some means of being enforced. I know at the end of the previous chapter I sure thought Akame and bird-man starting to fight meant one was fixing to die.

But, now the author has shown that, at least on that occasion  (one where one of the combatants very quickly changed their mind and was able to retreat)  that it isn't set in stone. 

Tn7HA0h.png

Seraphic Mist

Seraphic Mist

Russet Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 486 posts
  • LocationOtaku World

Nah, I know just where you're coming from, and there have been many examples of........I guess I'd use the word "mystical"......type occurrences in the manga already that might imply that it was some sort of "iron-clad" rule that had some means of being enforced.

I remember what manga I was thinking of, when I made my earlier post.

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/kami-sama-no-iutoori-fujimura-akeji-r1932

It seems that in all the games here, "Death" is a required condition. That's why I thought, "Hey, maybe Akame ga Kill! is like this too, where if someone tries to back off after entering an Arena Trap, they would die!"

Although in the manga I mentioned (If you've read it, you'll know) Death isn't a condition set in stone either, but in the last chapters of the First Part of the manga, when the protagonist tries to cheat the system, he, er, gets Icarus'd, if you remember.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I remember what manga I was thinking of, when I made my earlier post.

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/kami-sama-no-iutoori-fujimura-akeji-r1932

It seems that in all the games here, "Death" is a required condition. That's why I thought, "Hey, maybe Akame ga Kill! is like this too, where if someone tries to back off after entering an Arena Trap, they would die!"

I've got that one in my (huge) pile to "read later" xD

and yeah, that blanket statement of "anytime two tiegu user face each other, one will die" definitely gives the impression that it was a set in stone thing..........good, now that i know it's not i can root for Esdese to just get defeated and join Night Raid. Esdese / Tatsumi shipping,  yayyyy!!! \o/\o/  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

tomatosrule

tomatosrule

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Really? He's a Teigu? I mean...is it mentioned somewhere? Because I definitely missed that, then.

I feel silly now. Looks like I was confusing him with someone else.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Wow, Rabac had what it took after all, two at once even. Can't wait for next chapter to see how things go for Tatsumi,  looks like Esdese is gonna find out for sure that he's on the other team now. 

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

You really have to admire Seryuu...........if nothing else, she's consistent. Consistently insane, of course, but still. :D

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Wow, that was a great chapter......kind of hate seeing Susanoo (apparently) die and I've kinda got a bad feeling about Raba too......but yeah, still an awesome chapter.

And that kind of answered my question about Esdese and Tatsumi, I wouldn't have been surprised with her animal instincts if she already knew Tatsumi was part of Night Raid and the guy in the armor.

Tn7HA0h.png

TaintedDream

TaintedDream

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Looks like she sub-consciously realized it, but hasn't made the conscious connection yet.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Looks like she sub-consciously realized it, but hasn't made the conscious connection yet.

True, at least at first she recognized a feeling of "not wanting to attack"...........of course it didn't last long, or he at the very least still got caught up in the battle. 

Tn7HA0h.png

Hoodsome

Hoodsome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationGuadalcanal, Solomon Islands

Looks like the empire got reinforcements, hope the night raid will have someone who isn't just another pawn/scapegoat.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Wow, the empire really is horribly and rotten to the very core. That general is funny and very delusional/ignorant.  Basically he announced that after he destroys the resistance, he is going to become the resistance, Idiot. Watch as he gets one order after another meant to lead him to his death.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Awesome, back to mindless violence and brutality..........good, all that plot was getting kinda boring.  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Mramazin_

Mramazin_

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

Damn I was so excited when I saw that this is being made into a anime, but then I read the chapter and I immediately wanted to see that new group die in the worst way possible. I've come to the conclusion that in this manga their world is so fucking flawed that you cant really hate a character. The one exception to that was that damn chick part of the Jaegars that claimed she was doing all this killing for Justice. I was so happy when she died but I truly believe that she should have died a far more gruesome death, and now I want that whole secret police to die horribly especially that pedo bear. I kinda want him to go after Mein (since we all know that shes a goner regardless) and need Tatsumi to turn into a even more vicious heartless monster and rain down on him retribution on him for all that hes done. If that happens i'll be happy and the manga can take any turn it wants to after that.

:batoto_023:

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Spoiler

Yeah, one thing this manga does is go waaaaayyy out of its way to cast many of the "bad guys" in as despicable a light as possible. I do know what you mean, there's some pretty horrific content in it.

Yeah, I guess we'll see about Tatsumi and his actions, frankly we haven't had the opportunity to see his "cold blooded" side in a while since he's been up against strong opponents. I suppose I think back to his mercilessly cutting down the unarmed little girl (a crazy-as-hell sadist and murderer, but an unarmed little girl none the less :D ) back in chapter 1 (or 2, I don't remember now for sure).   :)

Edited by svines85, 28 February 2014 - 05:40 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Well, if nothing else, it looked like all of Leone's parts had been satisfactorily reattached.......

Spoiler

Tn7HA0h.png

taiyaki114

taiyaki114

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I'm interested most to see how Esdese reacts. She's a heartless, disgusting person to her enemies, but she's been shown to treat her subordinates well.

Having killed her dead subordinate's family and attempted to kill one of her remaining live ones, if she does nothing then she's just a huge mess of a character.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I'm interested most to see how Esdese reacts. She's a heartless, disgusting person to her enemies, but she's been shown to treat her subordinates well.

Having killed her dead subordinate's family and attempted to kill one of her remaining live ones, if she does nothing then she's just a huge mess of a character.

Well yeah, I personally have little doubt we're about to see a fairly major shake-up here. It's pretty much been set up to be "all this is happening because Esdeath is out of the picture"............so yeah, I agree with you, however high on the political landscape it goes, she's undoubtedly going to take some heads over what's happened (at the least of which is how her group's status has been usurped). 

Honestly, while she's been portrayed as being loyal to the empire, we also have the background on her to know it's most likely a loyalty based on convenience and nothing more. So she's really always had the potential to become a wild card in all this.

Tn7HA0h.png

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts

Jagers... Wild Hunt... There all complete scum, and if they're so obliging as to kill each other off, so much the better.

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.