Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

Possible spoilers

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

Iron_Maw

Iron_Maw

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
Raba may not necessary die here. Bors raised a flag and he's still around, hopefully they both survive.

MasterFnarg

MasterFnarg

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUK
1 for 1? Not that bad a turn out. Plus they destroyed a Teigu. Not bad at all. Pretty OP girl that Kurome, hope she dies soon.

xzpwnz

xzpwnz

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 90 posts
Raba and chelsea are fucked

MrFeatherFang

MrFeatherFang

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
Chapter 33 SPOILERS
Well it was obvious, but Chelsea was killed off. She wasn't with the gang too long. I kind of liked her, but what I'm more interested in are how the others will react. Man I wish this wasn't monthly...

Undaunted

Undaunted

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Chapter 33.5:
This was a nice little chapter to reminisce on the characters that have been lost up until this point, and I like that they gave us a little teaser of what's to come at the end of the chapter.

but what I'm more interested in are how the others will react.

It looks like from here on out, Tatsumi means serious business.

Dubba

Dubba

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationScotland
Boss is on new cover.
You think Boss will be the next one killed?

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
Ahhh, just caught up with the current chapter........a good story so far, though being a supporting character in this one sure is a hazardous job. Yeah, who's gonna get killed off next?

Tn7HA0h.png

omnipwnage

omnipwnage

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon
Well, considering that there's -probably- only two main characters, everyone else falls under supporting. Tragedy tag indeed x_x

Danurai

Danurai

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 262 posts

Chapter 33.5:
This was a nice little chapter to reminisce on the characters that have been lost up until this point, and I like that they gave us a little teaser of what's to come at the end of the chapter.

[size=4]
It looks like from here on out, Tatsumi means serious business.

Was i the only one who saw that as a mega rub it in chapter?

"I am indifferent and If I have become evil, then it is what the tower has made me" -Twenty-Fifth Baam

baamtheking2.jpg

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Was i the only one who saw that as a mega rub it in chapter?

Well, certainly a lesson on why not to get too attached to any of the characters............though I'm hoping I'll be safe with Esdese for a while longer.

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Cool, looks like a couple of the match-ups are already set........should be interesting to see how things go from here, both teams have already gotten whittled down quite a bit.

Edited by svines85, 17 March 2013 - 03:29 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Seraphic Mist

Seraphic Mist

Russet Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 486 posts
  • LocationOtaku World

Boss is on new cover.
You think Boss will be the next one killed?

I hope not, she's the only smart person of the lot.

And by the looks of it, she's developed a strategy to fight Esdese. Depending on the author, boss may get killed - I mean, nobody expected Chelsea to be killed - however, if Boss is killed, they would lose a lot of time and power strategically. Perhaps even comrades.

Face it, Esdese and boss are the only intelligent people in the manga, everyone else is relatively stupid. The only way they could survive is sheer luck.

I would love to see Wave join Night-Raid though. Speaking from an unconventional perspective... Tatsumi's an anti-hero and Wave is good match for Tatsumi. I would love to see how they would fight together side by side - Twin Incursio! That would be pretty interesting. And if he does defect to Night Raid, whether his feelings for Kurome would get him killed.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I would love to see Wave join Night-Raid though. Speaking from an unconventional perspective... Tatsumi's an anti-hero and Wave is good match for Tatsumi. I would love to see how they would fight together side by side - Twin Incursio! That would be pretty interesting. And if he does defect to Night Raid, whether his feelings for Kurome would get him killed.

True, it seems the author has intentionally given us insight into Wave's thoughts and personality, most probably to foster just that hope in the readers. Though it might well just be a tease too, like Tatsumi's thoughts of swaying Esdese's loyalties, and never end up happening. He also seems to have a strong sense of duty to go along with all his doubts about what he's seen in the capital. 

Edited by svines85, 29 March 2013 - 05:24 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Seraphic Mist

Seraphic Mist

Russet Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 486 posts
  • LocationOtaku World

True, it seems the author has intentionally given us insight into Wave's thoughts and personality, most probably to foster just that hope in the readers. Though it might well just be a tease too, like Tatsumi's thoughts of swaying Esdese's loyalties, and never end up happening. He also seems to have a strong sense of duty to go along with all his doubts about what he's seen in the capital. 

There really wasn't much of a hope of Esdese joining Night Raid. I mean, if she did, the manga would have ended in two or three chapters. She could have just snapped the fingers and most of the Imperial soldiers would have been killed. Game over, the minister is in that castle.

I think that the Tatsumi-Esdese angle is just something cliché like Esdese hesitating before landing the final blow on, say, Tatsumi and he or Kurome manage to kill her before that. And then she'd be like "Aaaah he was stronger. I guess I wanted someone to stop me. I'll see my parents again because I wasn't stronger."

Agreed, the author - so far - has almost no clichés in the manga, but I don't think even he would be able to resist putting something like that in the end. Don't you think so?

EDIT: 4162 posts!??!

Edited by Shadowed Fate, 29 March 2013 - 07:07 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

There really wasn't much of a hope of Esdese joining Night Raid. I mean, if she did, the manga would have ended in two or three chapters. She could have just snapped the fingers and most of the Imperial soldiers would have been killed. Game over, the minister is in that castle.

I think that the Tatsumi-Esdese angle is just something cliché like Esdese hesitating before landing the final blow on, say, Tatsumi and he or Kurome manage to kill her before that. And then she'd be like "Aaaah he was stronger. I guess I wanted someone to stop me. I'll see my parents again because I wasn't stronger."

Yeah, agreed, that wasn't ever really something to be taken seriously, I think the whole Esdese/Tatsumi thing was in large part just a chance for the author to expand on, and give the readers more, of a very colorful character. And yeah, I'm sure you're right, no matter how long she lasts in the story (very deep into it I'd guess) at some point the "cliche" of her falling to Tatsumi or some combination will probably be just how things play out. 

With Wave? Well, we'll just have to wait and see how things go, it's certainly a possibility that his allegiance could change. . 

EDIT: 4162 posts!??!

hahaha!!! Yup, I do like to talk, even if it's only seldom I have anything good to say........ :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Rune.

Rune.

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts

Well... I have an idea on who's going to die next.

Hint: It's not Raba, not at all

nyamo

nyamo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

Oh a new akame. My heart is ready now. whos gonna die next. after Chelsea's death i dont really care whos next. We could have the main char to die too if thats what the authors fancy. A lot of manga lately have been doing that.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Great chapter..............just not enough Esdese :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Seraphic Mist

Seraphic Mist

Russet Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 486 posts
  • LocationOtaku World

If a battle between Teigu users will end up in at least one of them dying (it has been quoted throughout the series, multiple times)

Spoiler

Is this an inconsistency?

tomatosrule

tomatosrule

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Maybe the rule doesn't apply because

Spoiler