Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Spoiler] Tower of God Chapter 75

Tower of god 75 raw

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

Poll: [Spoiler] Tower of God Chapter 75 (114 member(s) have cast votes)

We all agree that Lahel is now Rachel ? o_O

1. Yes (88 votes [77.19%])

Percentage of vote: 77.19%

2. Nope (26 votes [22.81%])

Percentage of vote: 22.81%

May Hwa Ryun be Evankhells Daughter (he is not a redhead my mistake on not confirming it ._. )

1. Yes (22 votes [30.99%])

Percentage of vote: 30.99%

2. Never (49 votes [69.01%])

Percentage of vote: 69.01%

Vote Guests cannot vote

potato

potato

Bikini Potato

• Members
  • 245 posts
I hope it is Baam who comes in contact with the princesses since he already has 3 on his side I hope he is able to convert more to build up his future harem.

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!
Makes me wonder why lehal pushed him.... perhaps she felt that yuri and the others belonged to her since baam was not supposed to follow her to the tower - and so she pushed him to make her dream come true, we can all agree she barely had attention of the others while in the tower.. she knew that if she'd push baam they will help her instead

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

Sniter

Sniter

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationSwiss :D

Maybe she is Evankhell's daughter and already a ranker... Since Evankhell is an important person in tower, it wouldn't be weird If Evan knew her.
And she might be a princess and Evankhell's daughter at the same time.

hmm new poll added :)

Michael Chandra

Michael Chandra

Fingerling Potato

• tC Donator
  • 71 posts
Not sure why people are freaking out about Lahel possibly being the focus of attention for a while. It's not as if the focus always was Baam, and he might mature as a main character before returning. Also, this means the rest is free from the irregular-curse, so they can make their own decisions later on. Can't wait for Baam to return later on.

Of course SIU prolly is expecting a bit of a backlash, given the part where he said he gave up on the rating. :P I'd rather have the story become less popular with some fans so that the full story can be written, not a weakening where somehow miraculously Baam and company never take casualties while the king wants to get rid of them.

Zageron

Zageron

Russet Potato

• tC Donator
  • 427 posts
  • LocationCanada
From the way SIU is making the audience angry at Lahel he's either going to change our opinion of her as he unearths more of the story or we'll come to understand exactly why she did what she did. Either way I'm going to keep reading it! :)

TheCrowSword

TheCrowSword

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationDenmark
and 98% of all other people will most likely as well... I still believe that this is a turn for the better, one of the greatest mistakes an author can make is to listen to much to his fans...
sometimes you just gotta remember that there is a reason that he came up with this story in the first place. Even more so that he actually planned roughly how it had to end as well as all the major turning points of the story and that at some point it will all add up :)
Posted Image
Spoiler

shionoro

shionoro

Potato

• Members
  • 160 posts
Lahel is an intriguing character. i love her even more since she pushed Baam.
She has many layers which we don't know obviously, so focussing on her would be quite interesting in my opinion.

Even androssi was unable to hurt Baam cuz he's just such a cutie pie, but Lahel obviously is one of the REALLY bad girls <:

Gizmos

Gizmos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 854 posts
A guessing about Lahel; we know she came Baam's cave from outside a shiny place, right? But at the begining chapter of series, Lahel says "Living in this dark world, I can't stand it anymore" (Though world is written as work, probably a mistake) So we can understand Lahel started to live in the cave with Baam at some time. After we saw a hand pulling Lahel's hair, remember? It was the hand of someone from outside, so I assume people from outside exiled Lahel to the cave. Hmm?

And a question about director; Does yu han sung live at 2nd floor or he is temporary in there because Evankhell is on holiday?

Murkel

Murkel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 401 posts
^ Or maybe she considers the whole tower a "dark world" since there is no real sky.

I'd say the Yu Han-sung lives there permanently. He was the director even when Evankhel wasn't out.

eXon

eXon

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationFrance

I hope it is Baam who comes in contact with the princesses since he already has 3 on his side I hope he is able to convert more to build up his future harem.

I'm not sure you can say that the lizard is on his side. The clearly threatened him during the crown game when he had something she wanted and she assisted him only as far as it suited her goals. So I could totally see her betraying Baam if the need arose.

But I hope Baam is the one to come into contact with more Princesses. But I can't remember if the blog post was saying that more princess will appear or if they will have a more important role in s2. Because SIU heavily hinted (or was trolling us !) that Hwa Ryun is a Princess, and I can totally see her influencing the future of the group.

From the way SIU is making the audience angry at Lahel he's either going to change our opinion of her as he unearths more of the story or we'll come to understand exactly why she did what she did. Either way I'm going to keep reading it! :)

I'm not so sure of that. The comment about abandoning the stars (ratings) may mean that we will keep disliking Lahel/Rachel but she'll remain the main character of season 2. But even if I don't like her at the moment, I'll keep reading too.

And a question about director; Does yu han sung live at 2nd floor or he is temporary in there because Evankhell is on holiday?

He lives here. Evankhell is the Ruler of the floor, but Yu Han-Sung is the Director of the tests. So as long as Regular are tested he stays there (or as long as he want to stay here, he can quit if he want to)

RedGlow

RedGlow

Potato Spud

• tC Donator
  • 41 posts
Since Hwa told Lahel 'Congratulations for becoming the heroine of this story', I bet HwaRyun was there to kill Baam and Lahel pushed him to protect him or something along those lines.
Posted Image

eXon

eXon

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationFrance
Or maybe Hwa Ryun was just hinting that she knew what Lahel did, and was congratulating her for lying through her teeth and making herself the heroin

Edited by eXon, 12 December 2011 - 09:26 PM.

babbo3d

babbo3d

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • Locationin the outer tower (failed on the first floor)
Why don't they acknowledge that there are two irregulars all the plots seem to be against baam.

Edited by babbo3d, 13 December 2011 - 12:21 AM.

Posted Image

Snowl

Snowl

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationCanada
All it means is Baam is more special than the guy with immense (or at least soon to be immense) power. Akryung is like another Urek or Zahard, sure he might be super powerful but that would to be the extent of things. On the other hand, Baam seems like he could have similar powers to Enryu.and that is a lot scarier--the ability to control Shinsoo without a guardian is certainly something worth making careful plans around.

Suppose someone wanted to change the tower but did not want to align themselves with Wingtree. With Akryung as the centerpiece you might get as far as creating another faction like Wingtree but that would be all and you'd be at least a hundred years behind. Even adding nice pieces like Androssi, Anak, Koon, etc. when they fully mature wouldn't be sufficient to put you over the top. (Ignoring any Rachel is in a league with Yu Han Sung theories.)

Having Baam "die" is pretty convenient for Yu Han Sung & Co. because it gets rid of the pesky princess watching over Baam. Keeping him away from Koon, Androssi, etc. also makes him more malleable*. I wouldn't be shocked if Baam ended up climbing the tower with a certain redhead.

*This is another point in Baam's favor. Convincing Akryung to do anything seems practically impossible. Can he even talk?

Edited by Snowl, 12 December 2011 - 10:32 PM.

Zageron

Zageron

Russet Potato

• tC Donator
  • 427 posts
  • LocationCanada

I wouldn't be shocked if Baam ended up climbing the tower with a certain redhead.

nononononononononononononononononononononononononononono :C

eXon

eXon

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationFrance
Not sure I understand your point... did I miss something? how did Arkryung get to be in the picture?

All it means is Baam is more special than the guy with immense (or at least soon to be immense) power. Akryung is like another Urek or Zahard, sure he might be super powerful but that would to be the extent of things. On the other hand, Baam seems like he could have similar powers to Enryu.and that is a lot scarier--the ability to control Shinsoo without a guardian is certainly something worth making careful plans around.

Iirc all Irregulars can do it, that's it means (or at least it's how I understood it) being outside of the law of the Tower. Enryu's particularity when compared to Urek is that his Shinsoo manipulation is ranked a notch above the guardian's. There is no fundamental difference between them appart from a difference in strength and objectives. Or so I think

Having Baam "die" is pretty convenient for Yu Han Sung & Co. because it gets rid of the pesky princess watching over Baam. Keeping him away from Koon, Androssi, etc. also makes him more malleable*. I wouldn't be shocked if Baam ended up climbing the tower with a certain redhead.

Once again, don't really understand how you got there (and why you compared Baam to Arkryung), but I like this theory. It would have the merit of keeping Baam as a main character of sort (possibly switching POV between both groups, since they won't climb in the same manner if you're right) and giving a more important role to the princess (if Hwa Ryun if one).

Could you please develop your point on Arkryung, I think I missed something but can't find what (maybe another post I overlooked?)...

TheCrowSword

TheCrowSword

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Suppose someone wanted to change the tower but did not want to align themselves with Wingtree. With Akryung as the centerpiece you might get as far as creating another faction like Wingtree but that would be all and you'd be at least a hundred years behind. Even adding nice pieces like Androssi, Anak, Koon, etc. when they fully mature wouldn't be sufficient to put you over the top. (Ignoring any Rachel is in a league with Yu Han Sung theories.)

*This is another point in Baam's favor. Convincing Akryung to do anything seems practically impossible. Can he even talk?

I like these ideas, specially because my own seems to fit with them rather comfortably... But I still don't think Baam will end up actualyl climbing the tower i personally think he'll end up using a short cut to get to the top and become a ranker, otherwise I can't really see why SIU would build that much suspense up around Yuri, if we don't get to see Baam actually act in the wing tree with her.
also Baam is the first wave controller irregular we are aware of isn't he? If he really is the very first irregular that's a wave controller then I personally believe that he will be quite the special odd ball with lots of power... after all wave controllers are the rarest occupation.

EDIT

Could you please develop your point on Arkryung, I think I missed something but can't find what (maybe another post I overlooked?)...

he seems to be comparing Arkyung to Urek... saying that he will be powerful, and maybe do something alike Urek, but that Baam will far surpass all this...

and somehow I really believe that will happen seems very logical

Edited by roaringrain, 12 December 2011 - 10:48 PM.

Posted Image
Spoiler

eXon

eXon

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationFrance

I like these ideas, specially because my own seems to fit with them rather comfortably... But I still don't think Baam will end up actualyl climbing the tower i personally think he'll end up using a short cut to get to the top and become a ranker, otherwise I can't really see why SIU would build that much suspense up around Yuri, if we don't get to see Baam actually act in the wing tree with her.
also Baam is the first wave controller irregular we are aware of isn't he? If he really is the very first irregular that's a wave controller then I personally believe that he will be quite the special odd ball with lots of power... after all wave controllers are the rarest occupation.

You're quite right, whatever the solution SIU choose, we still have no idea how they will all become rankers (and not just Baam).
WC is both the rarest and the most common occupation among the High Rankers I think, because the higher you climb the most dependant on shinsoo you are. It's even truer for the Irregulars.
Enryu is presented as a spearbearer but his shinsoo manipulation and control is off the charts. His "spear" is basically Rooms shooting high condensed shinsoo bolt (not quite different as how Baam killed the Bull I guess).
Urek is a fisherman (while proficient in every other positions) using shinsoo blades at a speed faster than light? well at high speed anyway.

All these abilities seems to me as those of a Wave controller combined to another position. But I could be wrong since the only wave controllers we have seen until now (regulars notwistanding) all used some kind of special power - Anima and Dansoolsa

Snowl

Snowl

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationCanada
babbo3d asked why Baam? And it is certainly an excellent question. Why focus on Baam if Akryung should be an equally valid threat? Why not also get rid of Akryung? I don't think anyone would care if Yu Han Sung decided to slaughter him. They could call it an accident. Or hell just say Akryung bumbed into him and called him a midget. Twice.

I'm ignoring Rachel was working with Yu Han Sung all along theories because the whole series of events if that is true seems quite improbable (we'll find out her reasons soon enough in any case). It also makes Rachel less interesting as a protagonist if SIU decides to go in that direction.

Edited by Snowl, 12 December 2011 - 10:57 PM.

eXon

eXon

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationFrance
My bad I missed babbo3d post >.>

I see what you were saying now, and I agree, it make sens (even if I don't believe that Arkryung's goals are similar to those of Urek, I think he his linked to Lahel's past somehow)