Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Spoiler] Tower of God Chapter 75

Tower of god 75 raw

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

Poll: [Spoiler] Tower of God Chapter 75 (114 member(s) have cast votes)

We all agree that Lahel is now Rachel ? o_O

1. Yes (88 votes [77.19%])

Percentage of vote: 77.19%

2. Nope (26 votes [22.81%])

Percentage of vote: 22.81%

May Hwa Ryun be Evankhells Daughter (he is not a redhead my mistake on not confirming it ._. )

1. Yes (22 votes [30.99%])

Percentage of vote: 30.99%

2. Never (49 votes [69.01%])

Percentage of vote: 69.01%

Vote Guests cannot vote

fancy

fancy

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 40 posts

Isn't the only requirement for being an irregular to have opened the gate to the inner tower? After all it is here the climbing takes place and where Headon is in charge of bringing the chosen regulars to.
Then it should be possible for the irregulars to be from the outer tower, but still from inside the tower, and therefore the irregulars might know someone else who is climbing the tower..

Zahard is of cause from outside the tower because of the bringing of air-suited weapons and all, but the problem as I see it with this theory/understanding of mine is that the blog post about the shinsoo and the weapons of the tower insinuate (to me) that all the irregulars have come from an air-filled environment, aka. from outside the tower..
And personally I don't see Baam being from outside the tower when Lahel is able to visit him like that and still become a chosen regular..

But am i wrong with the definition of being an irregular is to have opened the gate to the inner tower by your own will?

No you are right. At least thats what Lero-ro explained back in chapter 10. Could be an inconsistency in the translation but I read this part pretty much like you as well.

baam99

baam99

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 390 posts

I also see it as there being less people in general able to become wave controllers, as far as I recall they state somewhere that being proficient with shinsoo control is a very rare skill/talent to posses ( sry, am too tired and too late to look for quotes :P ).

Isn't the only requirement for being an irregular to have opened the gate to the inner tower? After all it is here the climbing takes place and where Headon is in charge of bringing the chosen regulars to.
Then it should be possible for the irregulars to be from the outer tower, but still from inside the tower, and therefore the irregulars might know someone else who is climbing the tower..

Zahard is of cause from outside the tower because of the bringing of air-suited weapons and all, but the problem as I see it with this theory/understanding of mine is that the blog post about the shinsoo and the weapons of the tower insinuate (to me) that all the irregulars have come from an air-filled environment, aka. from outside the tower..
And personally I don't see Baam being from outside the tower when Lahel is able to visit him like that and still become a chosen regular..

But am i wrong with the definition of being an irregular is to have opened the gate to the inner tower by your own will?

Nice theory about the princess conspiracy btw, might just be crazy enough ;D

Author Blog Translation

Of the Tower's Weapons by Ashul Edwaru [The maker of the 13 Weapon Series]
Dear readers,

A long time ago, King Jahad came into the uncivilized Tower and taught the inhabitants civilization and ruled over them. He had said, "This place is too boggy."

For us, who were born and raised inside the Tower, it is statement that makes no sense. But for the people outside the Tower, the "irregulars", it is something they know very well. Surprisingly, there's no Shinsoo in their world, and something called "air" fills their world instead. They said that the Tower filled with Shinsoo is too boggy and uncomfortable for them.

SIU's blog translation has a lot of information about the Tower.

Irregulars are beings who are from outside the Tower.

Andrey Kleshchev

Andrey Kleshchev

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

Then why Lahel were not able to see stars? or is she going for some other Stars?

Edited by Andrey Kleshchev, 14 December 2011 - 11:19 AM.

Sniter

Sniter

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • LocationSwiss :D

Author Blog Translation

A long time ago, King Jahad came into the uncivilized Tower and taught the inhabitants civilization and ruled over them. He had said, "This place is too boggy. "For us, who were born and raised inside the Tower, it is statement that makes no sense. But for the people from the outside, the "Irregulars" , it is something very well know

Dude that Blacksmith wrote it when the first "people form outside" came it's naturally that he wrote
"those Irregulars from the outside" remember that Zahard and all heads of the 10 families are Irregulars as well and THEY came from the outside.

it says nothing about how it works now.

Edited by Sniter, 14 December 2011 - 11:49 AM.

TheCrowSword

TheCrowSword

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Then why Lahel were not able to see stars? or is she going for some other Stars?

that doesn't really matter, outside the tower can be underground... and well they were underground

also Baam could have come into the tower in a different way in the first place. (such as being that mysterious irregular that's missing...(or a part of him) (maybe even enryuu or whatever his name was creation (i'm very bad with names lol :))))

or it could be what I personally believe, that the original irregulars was from the outside, but now they aren't necessarily from the outside

Edited by roaringrain, 14 December 2011 - 01:17 PM.

Posted Image
Spoiler

Michael Chandra

Michael Chandra

Fingerling Potato

• tC Donator
  • 71 posts
The first irregulars, the Ten families with Zahard, came from the outside. Since then, irregulars came who, as Zahard, opened the door of the (Inner) Tower themselves. They weren't selected by Headon, as said in the story. Whether they come from the outside or inside of the Tower as a whole, who knows?

potato

potato

Bikini Potato

• Members
  • 245 posts

There is no mention of Evankhell being red headed.

The only beings confirmed to have opened the gate to the Tower are:

1) Zahard
2) Enryu
3) Phantaminum
4) Urek Mazino
5) Baam

Akryun is not an Irregular as he is from inside the Tower, and it appears that Lahel may not be one either, especially if she is known by Hwa Ryun.

Except we know for a fact either Lahel or Akryun is an irregular we found it out when Quant told Yu Han Sung when their group murdered all those people in the test. Also we have some hints toward it being Akyrun like in chapter 57 they are talking about threats to the tower and show Anak, Baam and Akryun.

Lampshade

Lampshade

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 81 posts

Author Blog Translation

ANYBODY who opened the door themselves - as in, the people who were NOT chosen, is an irregular. People who come from outside the tower can't be chosen, so all of the are irregulars.

They can also come from inside the tower. Baam, for example, came from inside the tower, so did Akryung. They just opened the door to the inner tower themselves. Lahel was chosen, she even talked about it with Baam. This was barely 2? chapters ago - she told him that Baam couldn't go with her because he wasn't chosen.

Edited by Lampshade, 14 December 2011 - 04:42 PM.

Popopapikurafic

Popopapikurafic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Europe
There are some things that are not entirely clear to me.
1. How exactly did Baam opened the door? He has no memory of it. Maybe it was someone else who opened the door for him?
2. How come phantamimum was first seen at the top and never before? He must have gone on some different route than the others.
3. The place Lahel and Baam were staying has Zahard's emblem. Its weird if it was outside the tower.
4. Maybe the whole story was the guardians plot, cause Headon asked Yuri to give the Black March to Baam, and he was responsible for that Yuri had to go to the 2nd floor to retrieve it. He meets everyone who enters the tower so he talked with Lahel too. 2nd floor guardian also knew about everything.

potato

potato

Bikini Potato

• Members
  • 245 posts
1. Well you just push.
2. We have no idea we have been told there are different ways to climb though.
3. It is not as weird if you consider maybe Zahard was from the same place outside and just adopted the symbol for himself.
4. I used to think guardians were not exactly stupid but more oblivious to what was going on in the tower but after the last few chapters where Evan mentioned how the guardian had planned out all along for Yuri's group to deal with Ren I realize they are much more influential than I had assumed should have known this but they are so behind-the-scenesish >.< so I think it is possible for them to be orchestrating even more complex events.

Edited by potato, 14 December 2011 - 06:55 PM.

Rafa El

Rafa El

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationWarsaw
all is well, but where is cadence? waiting till saturday is agonizing

eXon

eXon

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationFrance

There are some things that are not entirely clear to me.
1. How exactly did Baam opened the door? He has no memory of it. Maybe it was someone else who opened the door for him?

1. Well you just push.

I'm not quite sure about this. I see the door of the Tower more like a metaphysical thing than a plain old door. Imho in order to open it you need to have a strong "will" which could explain why there isn't many irregulars and why they are so damn powerful. Otherwise you could have old plain joe stumbling into the Tower by mistake just because they pushed the wrong door. It's true that Headon could devise a test which would prevent them from climbing but it would be weird.

babbo3d

babbo3d

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • Locationin the outer tower (failed on the first floor)

I'm not quite sure about this. I see the door of the Tower more like a metaphysical thing than a plain old door. Imho in order to open it you need to have a strong "will" which could explain why there isn't many irregulars and why they are so damn powerful. Otherwise you could have old plain joe stumbling into the Tower by mistake just because they pushed the wrong door. It's true that Headon could devise a test which would prevent them from climbing but it would be weird.

There is some truth to this that a will is necessary but i think there is something more something only irregulars have. I would give it my best to guess as to what it is, but i only met two irregulars Baam and Rachel or Arkyoung, but i think that it might be that there rellation with shinsoo is the same as the guardians so the tower whom houses the guardians recognize them in a form as kindred spirits, because the only commom trait i see between irregulars is that the shinsoo is strong within them (sorry could not resist ripping off star wars).
Posted Image

veirge

veirge

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

They can also come from inside the tower. Baam, for example, came from inside the tower, so did Akryung. They just opened the door to the inner tower themselves. Lahel was chosen, she even talked about it with Baam. This was barely 2? chapters ago - she told him that Baam couldn't go with her because he wasn't chosen.

where in god's name was there written/drawn that baam came from inside the tower...? all we saw was a dark cave world, nothing more nothing less. that was an assumption on your part. same with arkyung being irregular. same with Lahel talking about the tower, when all she said was "up there." because if she was talking about the tower, then how could she be chosen but then only decided to climb a few years after...

Anarch

Anarch

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

same with arkyung being irregular...

While it doesn't say straight out, its implied at the beginning of chapter 14 where Quant mentions there being both an irregular and princess, although they could also be referring to Lahel though I doubt it... can't help but wonder how he could tell someone was an irregular, Lero-ro didn't pickup that Bamm was one after meeting him and Arkyung doesn't seem teh talkative type.

Hmm... now that I think about it, I can see her being an irregular if way back when Bamm just completed his first test, Headons' referring to someone as "child" was said to Lahel. I remember it being mentioned somewhere that the chosen regulars skip the first floor and go straight to the second, assuming Headons' test for Bamm was done on the first floor as he was an irregular, why was Lahel there? I could of course have misread, I'll have to re-read to find that bit of information.

TheCrowSword

TheCrowSword

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationDenmark

where in god's name was there written/drawn that baam came from inside the tower...? all we saw was a dark cave world, nothing more nothing less. that was an assumption on your part. same with arkyung being irregular. same with Lahel talking about the tower, when all she said was "up there." because if she was talking about the tower, then how could she be chosen but then only decided to climb a few years after...

lol I can't believe this...
they came from inside the tower
1. they knew about the tower,
- Lahel was talking about the tower, the tower is common knowledge within the tower, Lahel wasen't sealed like baam was, and actually knew other people... Lahel kept trying to distance herself a bit from Baam, cause she was hoping/waiting to be chosen.
- Zahards symbol was in that cave...

Also, it isn't an assumption that Arkyung is a irregular it's kvalified guess... because we have strongly been hinted throughout the whole damn story, that it indeed is Arkyung that is the irregular, not Lahel,,,,
hint
1. wait!! I just realized I don't want to spend my entire night writing down evidence for this....

and yes i'm sorry that I have offended you, but seriously can't see any reason not to say that, all odds are for them being from within the tower and Arkyung being an irregular, it's true that there is some chance (10%) that it's not outside the tower.... but just seems really really unlikely in my opinion at the very least.

ok, time for me to sleep... I think i need it....
Posted Image
Spoiler

babbo3d

babbo3d

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • Locationin the outer tower (failed on the first floor)
Could someone have left the tower. i guess if you can open the door to enter the tower, you can open it to leave it.
Posted Image

TheCrowSword

TheCrowSword

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Could someone have left the tower. i guess if you can open the door to enter the tower, you can open it to leave it.

yeah, this seems possible... at first floor? because Headon said to Baam that he should just go back... now back might have been in the tower. but 1'st floor might really be a great portal, that leads outside and to many places within the tower as well.
Posted Image
Spoiler

Cell

Cell

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts
My guess is that once you leave the tower, you cannot return. It was said people trained to enter the tower, prepared one way or another. So they all knew what it meant to enter the tower in pursuit of reaching the top. Baam however does not know any of this, and has entered the tower regardless.

eXon

eXon

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationFrance
Yes you can iirc, notably on the 77th floor, there is a passage between the inner and outer tower and everyone can take it due to the Wing tree policy. It is possible on other floor but they are guarded

Edited by eXon, 15 December 2011 - 05:54 PM.