Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

I'm getting tired of this manga.

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

watsu

watsu

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts

change = getting together? or leaning towards one girl, then eventually slingshotting back to another? in romcom or drama, nothing happens relationship-wise in the long run until a final girl is picked. the rest is all character development. it's just a difference in execution.

like others said, once a relationship is solidly picked, the manga either ends or it drags onto its end (aka, Kimi no iru Machi, Pastel, etc).

lots of impatience here. weekly manga, but look at it altogether and you see the pattern is several chapters highlight each girl, several chapters of char development, then some chapters of plot. It's about 5 chapters filler with 5 chapters plot/char development, give or take. a good balance, although development in relationship is pretty biased to chitoge and kosaki (only complaint I can think of, although I'm an onodera fan). pace is pretty average when you compare to something like Pastel; monthly release but has like 10 chapters of filler with maybe 1 chapter of char devel, no plot at all now (that's almost a year for a non-filler chapter).

Edited by watsu, 01 December 2013 - 02:08 AM.

h99.png

Rainblergh

Rainblergh

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 447 posts
  • Locationat every wrong turn to take

The idea of this manga is actually pretty good and I like it, but goddamit I also don't feel like reading a 100 more chapters without any progress.

I'm also getting annoyed of Raku's crush for Onedera, like Ok you have it but realize that Chitoge is actually pretty awesome and blush a little because of her.

One more thing thats bothering me is his never ending and growing harem, like everyone is falling for him, it at least needs one more male character that is a giant flirt or massively in love with Chitoge that makes him jealous.

The worst thing you can do to any manga or an anime is pointlessly drag it on forever without any progress. It's the same as when it started, Raku is head-over-heels over Onedera and everyone else is in love with Raku.

And god speed up the lock and key thing, like how long can that thing be broken =.=

stripper_bunny.gif

tehyar

tehyar

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

It's not impatience; it's apathy. A good simile is the old story The Boy Who Cried Wolf. The author may set up a situation where it appears that two characters will get closer, or a secret revealed, but based on his past history I know better and find it impossible to read with any interest. Only disbelief. By the time he actually shows me something I will no longer be watching, and get eaten by the wolf. It's ok to run on a fun story. But this is so chock full of teasers that the annoyance is overwhelming the funny.

Edited by tehyar, 02 December 2013 - 12:03 PM.

Nightdragon

Nightdragon

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts

It's not impatience; it's apathy. A good simile is the old story The Boy Who Cried Wolf. The author may set up a situation where it appears that two characters will get closer, or a secret revealed, but based on his past history I know better and find it impossible to read with any interest. Only disbelief. By the time he actually shows me something I will no longer be watching, and get eaten by the wolf. It's ok to run on a fun story. But this is so chock full of teasers that the annoyance is overwhelming the funny.

past history? you mean Double Arts where it got cancelled just as it was getting started, the only other ones I know of are One shots, which doesn't really have enough pages to do any big plot twists or the like. So comparing a serialised story with a oneshot is a seriously flawed thing to do.

as for the cried wolf crap. this is the kind of genre it is, don't like it don't read it. It seems all the rage in Japan considering Nisekoi seems to be popular there. So aparently there is a nation of Manga readers taht disagree with your opinion.

tehyar

tehyar

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

past history? you mean Double Arts where it got cancelled just as it was getting started, the only other ones I know of are One shots, which doesn't really have enough pages to do any big plot twists or the like. So comparing a serialised story with a oneshot is a seriously flawed thing to do.

as for the cried wolf crap. this is the kind of genre it is, don't like it don't read it. It seems all the rage in Japan considering Nisekoi seems to be popular there. So aparently there is a nation of Manga readers taht disagree with your opinion.

Past history = the last 90+ chapters.

Don't like it don't read it? Maybe you only ever share your thoughts about the things that you like? That must make you a seem very pleasantly cheerful individual. My apologies for hurting your feelings by sharing my opinion that doesn't match yours. I'll give you a moment to look up the word "forum" in the dictionary.

In any case, you are correct: I have far better things to read.

p.s. Congratulations on being elected to represent the opinions of thousands of other people. You must be popular indeed.

Edited by tehyar, 07 December 2013 - 08:24 PM.

rion134

rion134

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

lol read some of the comments and well....  to the guys saying stuff if you dont like the manga dont read and dont comment lol...... 

thats what the comment section is for, you tell what you think about the manga itself whether it be good  or bad...

I have no problem with long series as long as it is interesting, and with that I feel that this series is losing interest... thats what I think... as it feels it is not sticking with the original plot that it had......

Edited by rion134, 15 December 2013 - 08:23 AM.

Bloody Sorcerer

Bloody Sorcerer

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts

I haven't even read that manga.. I don't think I will after your brief description.

Coherent plot? No, it HAD one I don't see it anymore.

That's cause you're way too impatient, you lost sight of what this manga is about. I've seen some small plot progression in some of those you call "filler" chapters,  it's hidden but it is there. Sure Harem mangas can drag on and sometimes deviate from plot progression for a time, but it is done so as to explore more of the world and it's characters. Surely you aren't one of those who only care about the main character and heroine?

Edited by Bloody Sorcerer, 22 December 2013 - 04:24 AM.

Nightdragon

Nightdragon

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts

Don't like it don't read it? Maybe you only ever share your thoughts about the things that you like? That must make you a seem very pleasantly cheerful individual. My apologies for hurting your feelings by sharing my opinion that doesn't match yours. I'll give you a moment to look up the word "forum" in the dictionary.

p.s. Congratulations on being elected to represent the opinions of thousands of other people. You must be popular indeed.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA whatever....

Sorry kid I've been on "Forums" long before they where popular. Back when the max speed on the "internet" was 500 baud. not MB, not KB 500 B. Back when they where called Bulletin Boards. And where you had to dial into the place you wanna "post" to. So please stop with the internet bravado thinking your some badass your not.

Also, I do think there are times mangas are "slow" 2 mangs that are FAR FAR worse offenders than this, is kimi no iru machi, and the worse one of all is Pastel. And I hate to say it, even tho I love the manga, Ah! My goddess. But at least he keeps the story intresting. So me reading it for the last 10 years really didn't seem like 10 years.

what the hell you talking about in your PS?? Thats the FACTS something you seem to be lacking. Maybe you should take your own advice and look up facts before you post stuff.

Hoodsome

Hoodsome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationGuadalcanal, Solomon Islands

Everyday it's filler day. I kind of understand why the author has to prolong the story guess it's the only way the author can earn money thus the term his bread and butter but it's kind of getting ridiculous that we ain't getting no where with non sense fillers of his.

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Everyday it's filler day. I kind of understand why the author has to prolong the story guess it's the only way the author can earn money thus the term his bread and butter but it's kind of getting ridiculous that we ain't getting no where with non sense fillers of his.

If this is the only way for a mangaka (read: artist) to earn money, then he should quit. Plain and simple.

I personally believe it is more to do with the publishers than with Naoshi. They want Naoshi to drag out the now plotless drivel that is Nisekoi so they can continue to rake in the cash. I understand that publishing is all about making as much money as possible, but there are limits to the amount of crap they can dump on people.

Edited by JohnFlower, 25 December 2013 - 11:16 AM.

HammerU89

HammerU89

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts

If this is the only way for a mangaka (read: artist) to earn money, then he should quit. Plain and simple.

I personally believe it is more to do with the publishers than with Naoshi. They want Naoshi to drag out the now plotless drivel that is Nisekoi so they can continue to rake in the cash. I understand that publishing is all about making as much money as possible, but there are limits to the amount of crap they can dump on people.

You going to pay his way in life then? I don't think so, so stow that comment away.

As for all the filler. It's still better than half the shit in WSJ these days and actually funnier than we do get plot.

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

You going to pay his way in life then? I don't think so, so stow that comment away.

Eh? The author is paid to be creative... If he cant come up with another decent story and end the BS with Nisekoi, then what's the point of being a mangaka? In the past, Naoshi has proven that he can write a worthwhile story (see Double Arts), therefore I doubt it is due to his lack of creativity. This is why I believe the 'filler' is the result of the publishers wishes and not Naoshi's.

Of course my opinions rely on how Naoshi feels about his own work. For all we know he could be in this game to milk, in which case I have no respect for him.

Martypants

Martypants

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationIn someone's spud basket, like a store-bought potato

Of course my opinions rely on how Naoshi feels about his own work. For all we know he could be in this game to milk, in which case I have no respect for him.

But of course, it may be that Naoshi is simply running out of idea's as lets face it, with a chapter to pump out every week, who wouldnt be out of ideas after 2 years+ ??

Edited by Martypants, 27 December 2013 - 07:53 AM.

Rainblergh

Rainblergh

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 447 posts

But of course, it may be that Naoshi is simply running out of idea's as lets face it, with a chapter to pump out every week, who wouldnt be out of ideas after 2 years+ ??

But who needs 2 years to get a flipping idea, oh wait he still doesn't have one >.>

Well personally I think he ruined a good manga, the idea is good, the art style  is absolutely wonderful but the plot is isn't going anywhere.

The only thing that is going anywhere is the number of chapters and the never ending harem. Like the mc literally says "hi..." and 4 more girls fall for him =.=

stripper_bunny.gif

JohnFlower

JohnFlower

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Run out of ideas? He has a whole plot line to explore/develop, yet he isn't doing it.

Hoodsome

Hoodsome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationGuadalcanal, Solomon Islands

He ain't running out of ideas, he is actually exploring every bit of the manga like the previous one, though he isn't using it for the story to advance but for the sake of milking the shit out of it.

Noitrus

Noitrus

Fingerling Potato

• Agrypnia Scans
  • 90 posts
  • LocationLithuania

It's highly possible that he's running out of ideas. That stuff happens alot, but the most sensible thing to do then is wrap it up and start a new work, I'm sure he hadn't lost his touch as a mangaka and can make plenty of great works. However it doesn't matter what we think only what japanese readers think. If they somehow consider this drag-on popular then we only can suck it up, and hope that it'll become better one day...

Rainblergh

Rainblergh

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 447 posts

It's highly possible that he's running out of ideas. That stuff happens alot, but the most sensible thing to do then is wrap it up and start a new work, I'm sure he hadn't lost his touch as a mangaka and can make plenty of great works. However it doesn't matter what we think only what japanese readers think. If they somehow consider this drag-on popular then we only can suck it up, and hope that it'll become better one day...

Quite true, but personally I agree with HoodSome, he is fliping milking the shit out of it.

If we think of the manga as a fabulous cow ( why not <.< ) it is already anorexic because he isn't feeding it any plot, but still he wants it to produce a shit-ton of milk.

Sooner or later the fabulous cow will die and what then, no more milk for the author.

As my fabulous story just explained manga can't last without any plot >o<

stripper_bunny.gif

Xaal

Xaal

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

My only thought here is that maybe the deal is that Nisekoi is drawing alot from Slice of Life, a genre that's not too popular in the West when not a 4koma - from what I've seen. Considering Slice of Life is more laid back and, as far as I've seen, Drama is toned down, I think that the ones that get tired with it are the ones who expect more out of a comic that isn't seen right away as a something that's drawing alot from the SoL genre. 

Basically, maybe it's time to change some perceptions because the slow pace is like the slow pace of reality. I don't disagree that there's possibly milking going on, but the SoL's that I've seen that weren't 4koma-gags do drag. I know that no one wants to hear the 'don't like it don't read it' spiel when you want to voice how you're dissatisfied with the comic, but the reality is that in your quest to gain empathy among your tired-brethren you also make others get defensive when the comic didn't do anything wrong. If you make a personal thread like this, expect the critics because there's really not much to discuss underneath the subject of 'I'm getting tired of this manga' other than arguing and making theories about why the comic is like this because there's nothing better to do. There's nothing wrong with the theories though I don't see any point since it's not like the theories that 'are true' will spark a movement that will force the mangaka to accelerate the slow pace.

taiyaki114

taiyaki114

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

This is most definitely not of the Slice of Life genre; just because some idiot tagged it as such does not make it so. There is generally some sense of realism for it to really be a SoL where generally mundane things occur. A better description is that it's similar to the roguelike genre of games. It's not slow, not at all. It just takes you to the point right before the end and then the mangaka goes "THAT'S CUTE, BUT OH NO YOU DON'T!", throws in some OP monster that one-hit KOs us and brings us back to Floor 1 with our Level back to 1 and we lost all our items. However, the experience was still there. This will happen numerous times.

But yes, this is a harem, romance comedy, which means the mangaka will milk this for all its worth and then rush the ending when he realizes it's no longer selling and piss everyone off. Ending will likely result in an open ending where no one girl is "chosen" officially.

Welcome to the genre!

Edited by taiyaki114, 29 December 2013 - 02:55 AM.