Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

I'm getting tired of this manga.

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

Leoh

Leoh

Potato

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUranus

It's getting too long, and pretty soon all it's going to be doing is dragging it to make it last longer, I just want it to come to a conclusion already and have Ichijou pick a girl already. I really don't want to see it go over 100 chapters.

And now, of all things, they added a new girl to the harem, great, means that the author is only planning on letting the manga drag..

Anyways, what's your guys thoughts? Shouldn't this manga be close to finishing?

425q4sD.png

M o r s     R e g i s 

ElectricApple

ElectricApple

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I don't think it has to be finishing, it's just boring as it stands now. If the author had actually thought out the plot a little more instead of padding it with girl after girl who just randomly likes the MC after he does like one nice thing, then it could go on for a while and still be interesting. Then again, this is what sells I guess. 

Caladbolg

Caladbolg

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationDimensional Rift

I don't think this manga is ending.. unless it got axed. There's still a lot of stuff to milk. 
I read this manga for the characters' daily interactions , so I don't really mind the stalemate.

Aereus

Aereus

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 92 posts

Well ... what else did you expect from a Shounen Jump title? :) Ending the manga == giving up your paycheck. And its still solidly in the upper half of the rankings every week. And its been pretty derivative and cliche the entire way, so I don't know what you were expecting.

Leoh

Leoh

Potato

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUranus

Well ... what else did you expect from a Shounen Jump title? :) Ending the manga == giving up your paycheck. And its still solidly in the upper half of the rankings every week. And its been pretty derivative and cliche the entire way, so I don't know what you were expecting.

Well, I didn't know what to expect, since I'm not too familiar with those whole Shounen Jump business, I'm guessing it's the publisher of this manga though. 

Also, I gave it a chance when I first started reading it, I knew how it was going to go already but the story interested me, and now I feel it's a little bit too late to drop it..

425q4sD.png

M o r s     R e g i s 

Aereus

Aereus

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 92 posts

Ah well, the magazine is called Weekly Shounen Jump. Published by Shueisha. Their other notable manga include(d) Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, Death Note, Dragonball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, etc.

They're known for the Editors to push heavily on the authors to continue their series as long as possible if they're popular. And most well known for the "Jump Formula" .... which is the whole fighting manga stuff like Bleach and Naruto etc. where you have the main characters constantly "leveling up" and fighting progressively more powerful opponents, fighting tournament arcs, etc.

For those of us that have read manga for a number of years, Nisekoi very blatantly hits on a lot of the common romance/harem comedy tropes. (Misunderstandings, bipolar main girl, dense MC, etc. are some of the main ones)

Theoricus

Theoricus

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 71 posts

The problem is this series has become the author's meal-ticket, and I honestly don't think he expected it to be this successful when he started out and so didn't outline a longer storyline.

Ironically enough, one of his earlier series 'Double Arts' had a lot more groundwork in place for a long, ongoing, storyline. And frankly speaking, I kind of preferred it. But unlike Nisekoi it didn't sell well, and so the series ended prematurely, a third of where Nisekoi currently is.

Lolipop Candy

Lolipop Candy

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 19 posts

Welcome to the "Japanese manga business", sir. Where becoming a mangaka is the same as opening your little shop, and publishing it to a magazine is like give your shop to the promotor.

ib0CGzSTCe8yF8.gif

I smell a loli here.....

Spoiler

Mistaniel

Mistaniel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

The problem is this series has become the author's meal-ticket, and I honestly don't think he expected it to be this successful when he started out and so didn't outline a longer storyline.

True that.

As for me - the right time to start an ending arc was right before Tachibana appeared. Everything was going in the right direction and it had a nice flow. Right now Onodera's sister is a nice addition but still - main plot isn't going anywhere and it's pretty forced..

I suppose author has an ending ready, but because of reasons mentioned above he is postponing it however he can ;)

itsmee

itsmee

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

its getting boring alright, especially after the addition of the last character...

Leoh

Leoh

Potato

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUranus

I feel like he should just come up with ideas for a new manga, and just end this one already. 

Harem romances/comedies almost always have a breaking point where it quickly comes to a conclusion and the MC ends with none of the girls, which looks like it's going to be the case for this manga, based on the fact that MC only likes Onedera(?) and how he has no feelings for the other girls who all like him. This is the usual and most common setting in harem romances.

425q4sD.png

M o r s     R e g i s 

Fragile

Fragile

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 208 posts

I think you need to chill the f*ck out.

If this was Love Hina, I bet you'd complain after they introduce Mutsumi.

HOLY SHIT AND THEN THERE'S KANAKO OH MY GOD!

At least Nisekoi has a coherent plot. Love Hina was full of magic and flying turtles.

The story that has not yet finished...?

Leoh

Leoh

Potato

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUranus

I think you need to chill the f*ck out.

If this was Love Hina, I bet you'd complain after they introduce Mutsumi.

HOLY SHIT AND THEN THERE'S KANAKO OH MY GOD!

At least Nisekoi has a coherent plot. Love Hina was full of magic and flying turtles.

I haven't even read that manga.. I don't think I will after your brief description.

Coherent plot? No, it HAD one I don't see it anymore.

425q4sD.png

M o r s     R e g i s 

IanMcClaren

IanMcClaren

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMaryland

To be fair, the plot that they'd set up already went kind of wonky when the Three Keys showed up. I think the sudden reference to the locket for the first time in like a million chapters is probably a sign that he's heading back to the story, but he's making good money off of Weekly Cuteness Chapters.

itsmee

itsmee

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

i dont mind a long set up, but I do mind dragging things on pointlessly. All that time wasted on introducing Ondera's sister to just leave it at a cliffhanger and then move to paula's scheme? Don't get me wrong, I like this development with Tsugumi, but I think there's just too much jumping around and everytime the focus is on one character while completely ignoring what's going on with the rest.

Again I'm not trying to bash on this manga, I just think its quality and enjoyment dropped in the last couple of chapters.

Black_Saber

Black_Saber

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

@Daemon

you seriously need to read Love Hina :)

seriously, that was my first manga in which I totally hooked up. I instantly bought all 14 volume of it. Also been re-read of it once a while.

For Nisekoi, I loved the storyteller so far, at least it's better than to love ru where Rito just slipped around and gives some boobs or such in every, single, chapter.

Edited by Black_Saber, 21 June 2013 - 11:34 AM.

Sancrea

Sancrea

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPoland

@Black_Saber

I think you are comparing wrong manga, sure to-love ru have the same genre but in to-love ru darkness the whole point is about getting harem and rito have feelings for at least 2 girls(lulu and haruna) while in nisekoi mc will clearly get only one girl and he loves onodera yet does nothing and momentarily have feelings for other girls (i think we can compare it to passing by a hot chick wearing sexy clothes and you are looking at her even when she passes-by) kind of like koisome momij. I may repeating myself here since i said the same in comments, but forcefully stretching manga isn't doing it any good i think most of us will agree with that. Adding new characters (girls) may be a sign of author running out of ideas.

shin10

shin10

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 21 posts

Ironically enough, one of his earlier series 'Double Arts' had a lot more groundwork in place for a long, ongoing, storyline. And frankly speaking, I kind of preferred it. But unlike Nisekoi it didn't sell well, and so the series ended prematurely, a third of where Nisekoi currently is.

So much agree that Double Arts was more interesting and better planned.  It wasn't just cliche shounen, it had some interesting bits.  It was just getting real exciting too.  But apparently harem manga still sells and I don't know why.  It's not like this is even groundbreaking in any sort of way.  Then again it is shounen and anyone older than teens is sort of a peripheral audience.

Edited by shin10, 29 June 2013 - 04:55 AM.

Haiyami

Haiyami

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts

Well what's missing from this is the original premise, of two children of gang leaders. One a boy and one a girl. I like that sorta premise. Though it needs more gang rivialry  badassery to pull the two together. I also admit this sorta strayed, but heck maybe he will stop derailing and get back on course to the original idea.

uelydnar

uelydnar

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Easy, then stop reading it.  The only reason why you are posting your disapproval is that you are waiting for people to agree with you.  But seriously, if you don't like a manga, just drop it, and move on, its not hard, and you don't have to sour the experience for people who do enjoy this manga.