Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

I'm getting tired of this manga.

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

itsmee

itsmee

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

Easy, then stop reading it.  The only reason why you are posting your disapproval is that you are waiting for people to agree with you.  But seriously, if you don't like a manga, just drop it, and move on, its not hard, and you don't have to sour the experience for people who do enjoy this manga.

that's the worst post I've read in this thread. According to your logic there should never be any form of criticism, since you should always stop watching/reading what you're about to criticize. That's just wrong. Everyone has the right to criricize, and if you don't agree with a point, just argue against it, but pulling this "you should stop reading it" card is not even an argument and will only make you sound like a fool.

On topic, like many others who have posted here already, I enjoyed reading every chapter from it, but I also think the plot is getting no where.

firathmagi

firathmagi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts

I feel like he should just come up with ideas for a new manga, and just end this one already. 

Harem romances/comedies almost always have a breaking point where it quickly comes to a conclusion and the MC ends with none of the girls, which looks like it's going to be the case for this manga, based on the fact that MC only likes Onedera(?) and how he has no feelings for the other girls who all like him. This is the usual and most common setting in harem romances.

ever read bakuman?

if not you should. it gives the greatest example of why simply thinking of new concepts doesn't work.

the editor's response in bakuman isn't very realistic though.

Havoc12

Havoc12

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Why, its pretty funny and enjoyable as it is. If you are not enjoying it don't read it and eventually it will end and you can find out what happened. I don't quite know kind of plot you are expecting from this manga. It seems pretty consistent to me.

Edited by Havoc12, 05 July 2013 - 12:30 AM.

GabrielTDO

GabrielTDO

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

Gotta admit, i have no problem with the series as it is.  Except that I feel that more Tsugumi is needed.

Rifaz

Rifaz

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationIndonesia.

I just wish Raku finish the BS with Onodera imoto... that thing has dragged long enough.

Where it goes from there, we can only speculate.

Moe_Deity

Moe_Deity

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Inside Your Heart

I feel ya, OP. It's dragging itself quite long. I just want to see some damn plot. Remember Zaxia in Love? I bet the author doesn't.

tsetsofox

tsetsofox

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Personally, I'm not here for the plot. I'm here for what's there beside it. This is not a serious romance. It is not plot-driven. It doesn't have to be either. It's you common, weekly fix. It has some nice characters, funny interactions, slapstick humor, well-thought of and balanced art, occasional twist and a pinch of ecchiness. I'm pretty sure, if any1 of those complainig bothered to read a bit before plunging into it, u'd be alot less surprised. And stop comparing it with Love Hina, for this lacks not only the sausy language but the absurd, over-the-top wacky-ness of the former.

Whine till you gargle, if it sets ur mood, the only way this would ever change is to drop bellow the %. If it does, I forsee a change toward battle or adventure, not romance. Its how it works. if it gets to you that much, go read Cat Street. Or Fruits Basket? Kimi no Iru Machi? Whatever else rows ur boat...

Fluffyknowsyou

Fluffyknowsyou

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 61 posts

Can't say I didn't see chitoge developing feelings for raku in chapter chapter 18ish,but it's a damn good story. The only thing I really want is the tension from the gangsters again. that's what really hooked me in the first place

Leoh

Leoh

Potato

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUranus

The premise.

Everybody got hooked in on this story by it's premise, a mafia group against a yakuza family, we expected love and violence - but sadly it didn't go so well. I on the other hand, enjoyed the story it was going for, and the art. I expected this story to go for about 50 chapters, which should of been good enough to wrap it up nicely. Then the same thing happen as usual with all the Harem comedies, they stretched with fan service after fan service, and that's the main thing I don't like. The author should know that this manga won't be one to remember(it will just be "another harem comedy manga") if it doesn't have it needs most, a good plot, which was happening, until, you know.

Easy, then stop reading it.  The only reason why you are posting your disapproval is that you are waiting for people to agree with you.  But seriously, if you don't like a manga, just drop it, and move on, its not hard, and you don't have to sour the experience for people who do enjoy this manga.

Contradiction. What you're telling us to not do is the same as you telling others what to do. Why should we not give our opinions, while you're here phrasing your own? Make sense, and perhaps next time, come up with a valid argument. 

425q4sD.png

M o r s     R e g i s 

Fluffyknowsyou

Fluffyknowsyou

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 61 posts

That's a little harsh. The only thing holding it back is really this obsession with onodera. At first my hope was he'd end up with her with chitoge as the friend with no benefits. Turns out the author clearly wanted chitoge to be the end girl and that's alright. Problem is as you said, the fan service. It's keeping the damned series in an episodic limbo where the only girls who matter are onodera and chitoge. Tsugumi is just a tit trap and mari is the uncute girl who apparently has no concept of marriage.

Edited by Fluffyknowsyou, 07 July 2013 - 03:51 AM.

Mellatau

Mellatau

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSaint-Petersburg

*reposting this from comments*

Sad but true =( Seems like people in Japan hate such things as good plot and true romance without stupid shoujo/shounen drama and/or fanservice. And it's not the author to blame here. Komi Naoshi can do MUCH better and I think he really wants to. His previous manga (Double Arts) is an absolute Masterpiece of romance, and what happened to it? It got axed due to lack of popularity with less then 25 chapters (T___T). Nisekoi oneshot was also good. But what do you think will happen to series if it will get serious about the plot and cut the harem thing? No, it won't be ended in a month or two. It will be axed by that time, simply because japanese readers will be bored with only one girl (without others clinging onto main character) no matter how good the storyline will be.

So I hope author will soon run out of ideas for fillers and show us what he really is good at. And we will finally be able to enjoy reading this manga not only because of its cuties and fanservice.

(sorry my lame english, I hope it's at least readable)

Leoh

Leoh

Potato

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUranus

*reposting this from comments*

Sad but true =( Seems like people in Japan hate such things as good plot and true romance without stupid shoujo/shounen drama and/or fanservice. And it's not the author to blame here. Komi Naoshi can do MUCH better and I think he really wants to. His previous manga (Double Arts) is an absolute Masterpiece of romance, and what happened to it? It got axed due to lack of popularity with less then 25 chapters (T___T). Nisekoi oneshot was also good. But what do you think will happen to series if it will get serious about the plot and cut the harem thing? No, it won't be ended in a month or two. It will be axed by that time, simply because japanese readers will be bored with only one girl (without others clinging onto main character) no matter how good the storyline will be.

So I hope author will soon run out of ideas for fillers and show us what he really is good at. And we will finally be able to enjoy reading this manga not only because of its cuties and fanservice.

(sorry my lame english, I hope it's at least readable)

It's readable don't worry ;p

And I don't get this either, most people would truly enjoy the thrill of a good plot than the all this fan service. If it was like 2 fan service chapters every 10 chapters, then that would be fine but it's 3 plot worthy chapters every 7 fan service chapters, which is totally annoying and really ruins what this manga could be.

425q4sD.png

M o r s     R e g i s 

itsjenyoumen

itsjenyoumen

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Honest I say let him continue to extend the manga, till he can finally think of more good ideas to add to the Nisekoi. I want this manga to last a long time so the author can gain more fame so his next manga wouldn't be ignored by everyone in Japan anymore.

Edited by itsjenyoumen, 11 July 2013 - 04:26 PM.

Seijass

Seijass

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

You don't go to Shounen Jump for good romance... that simple. 

2 possibilities for romance in SJ: 1. gets axed even though the series was heading to a good direction or has good potential; 2. It has a silly/predictable/simple plot and gets stretched  like hell 

(there's also a possibility the magazine itself is involved in both cases, not merely the author's intention for #2)

Edited by Marisa_love, 11 July 2013 - 04:51 PM.

olidamara

olidamara

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I want this manga to last a long time so the author can gain more fame so his next manga wouldn't be ignored by everyone in Japan anymore.

Hell Yeah! My thoughts, exactly.

When you see what this guy is capable of, he deserve a little more recognition, to create his own stories, and the fame he'll get by drawing such mainstream love comedy will provide it, hopefully.

Now let's just hope he's smart enough to end it at the right time and not because of the lack of popularity Well, l'm sure he is.

FudgeNouget

FudgeNouget

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 68 posts

Contradiction. What you're telling us to not do is the same as you telling others what to do. Why should we not give our opinions, while you're here phrasing your own? Make sense, and perhaps next time, come up with a valid argument. 

Well tbh, he kinda does have a point.

He's not telling you to not voice out your opinions, but rather to just stop reading the manga if you dislike it so much.

This is not a first time thing, and is something of much debate almost for every manga. 

"If you hate it so much, why are you still reading it?"

Like you said, if you're getting tired of the manga, just stop reading it. Of course there's nothing wrong with criticism but since you went on to make a whole thread about it, it just means you want other people to join in on the bashing.

I don't understand even the point of this thread. I'd like to know what you're trying to get out of this, whether to make people convince you of the good points of this manga, to see people agreeing with your criticisms, or to just start an argument with the people that enjoy the manga and fight them... I just think it's dumb to make a whole thread on such a stupid topic.

It's silly to ask for a coherent plot with a solid one-way story line in a harem romcom. I can't think of yet 1 harem romcoms with a plot like that (except maybe sora no otoshimono). Ask yourself what you're trying to get out of this manga. For me, most harem romcoms are just a light read in which I can enjoy the art and the funny stories. Maybe you just need to read more and find out yourself.

Well the series isn't gonna end any time soon, especially with the anime coming up.

Mellatau

Mellatau

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSaint-Petersburg

You don't go to Shounen Jump for good romance... that simple. 

True. *following words will be about Double Arts as a better example of this case* I couldn't understand why did Komi Naoshi choose shounen magazine to publish his (certainly ROMANTIC) manga. But come to think about it... I don't know what magazines would be better. Not like I know anything about them at all, but still... It's certainly NOT a shoujo and do have many shounen features. Besides, one of the main plotlines is an adventure, and it's not just a subplot for romance, but one of mainpoints of this (Double Arts) manga. May sound stupid but it really is an important thing. So, now we can exclude shoujo, josei and seinen magazines and shounen is all that left. Still there are some types of it as well. But almost all of those who publish such things are monthly and DA is weekly. So WSJ is the best choice I can think of. Then again, I don't know much about manga magazines.
It also possible that Komi Naoshi did went to different publishers but WSJ was the one accepted his manga.

Leoh

Leoh

Potato

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUranus

Well tbh, he kinda does have a point.
He's not telling you to not voice out your opinions, but rather to just stop reading the manga if you dislike it so much.

This is not a first time thing, and is something of much debate almost for every manga. 
"If you hate it so much, why are you still reading it?"
Like you said, if you're getting tired of the manga, just stop reading it. Of course there's nothing wrong with criticism but since you went on to make a whole thread about it, it just means you want other people to join in on the bashing.

I don't understand even the point of this thread. I'd like to know what you're trying to get out of this, whether to make people convince you of the good points of this manga, to see people agreeing with your criticisms, or to just start an argument with the people that enjoy the manga and fight them... I just think it's dumb to make a whole thread on such a stupid topic.

It's silly to ask for a coherent plot with a solid one-way story line in a harem romcom. I can't think of yet 1 harem romcoms with a plot like that (except maybe sora no otoshimono). Ask yourself what you're trying to get out of this manga. For me, most harem romcoms are just a light read in which I can enjoy the art and the funny stories. Maybe you just need to read more and find out yourself.

Well the series isn't gonna end any time soon, especially with the anime coming up.

Well, with the first sentence you're wrong. I didn't at any point say that I disliked the manga 'so much'. I like it, but I'm getting bored of it.
The whole reason out of this thread was to discuss, I wanted to see if people shared my opinions.. or not. Which I did see. I didn't in any way, wanted to bash others opinion's or start any argument.

Also, I understand your point and acknowledge it, and although it is silly, I've never made a thread about romcoms and what people thought about them, so I just wanted to know.

425q4sD.png

M o r s     R e g i s 

larethian

larethian

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Quite obvious to me that, if this doesn't get axed, the author will be going to cover all 3 years of their high school. Remember the premise of their fake dating is to last for 3 years. After that, Raku will probably have to choose. Admittedly, recent chapters with the start of the 2nd year arc were mediocre at best. Hope it gets better with more tension between the mains: Chitoge/Raku/Kosaki.

Fluffyknowsyou

Fluffyknowsyou

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 61 posts

So far the numerous admissions to having a crush among the main characters is turning out pretty good. I know chitoge and onodera confiding in eachother will likely play a part in a future backlash down the line.

As for now with the shu ruri thing, it's an ok development. I've been waiting for this for a while now :P

still  could use more gangsters. Now even claude gives a hoot >_>