Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

I'm getting tired of this manga.

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

atheus

atheus

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

What is it about the Japanese youth that is so fascinated about rediscovering some profound love they might have formed while they were so immature they can't even properly remember anything about it? It's like the whole shounen romcom has two possible points of entry for a female love interest - she was the male lead's lover from when he was four years old that he completely forgot about (but she still holds a deep, unshakable love for him), or she falls from the sky (and probably also met him when he was four and is utterly devoted to him). Is it some hopeless expression of the dissatisfaction of the predictability of life? A desire for some sort of shortcut from a boring, unfulfilling existence to a life of fortune and intrigue just by doing an inventory of one's childhood?

It's amusing in its own way when you realize that the "struggle" in many of these comedies is the male lead deciding when to eat the delicious cake(s) served up to him on a silver platter.

maffa

maffa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationitaly

well no need to search too deep in this. 

it's a new topos to express "destiny". Which is a very well know romantic value, even though id prefer a much more mature development. but again, this is shounen for you. if it werent like that, it would proably be seinen. the only exception that comes to my mind to this rule is Ichigo 100%, maybe there are others.

tehyar

tehyar

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

In the end, it's rather simple: I get really exhausted when an author uses cheap tricks to tease me regarding something they made important. You want this? You sure? nyahaha. really? no way, you cant... HAH I thought so! here it is... yoink NO WAY!

Edited by tehyar, 22 June 2014 - 03:11 AM.

Jzar

Jzar

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 36 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
I thought it interesting to read what one person didn't like. The follow up comments were good and had some fun things to say. Reading the tired old "Don't read it then and let others enjoy it ", makes no sense to me and was boring. How is posting one persons opinion going to spoil anything? Just don't read these sort of comments....:-)

youkissass

youkissass

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

Uh, I hate to say this to a such a good manga, but this is starting to drag, but its not up to the point its boring yet. So, I do still enjoy the manga but they making very slow progression of the main story and if the demand for this manga goes down he i just gonna rush his ending and its gonna be half assed and that would totally ruin the manga. So, I do hope that we get to see some progression to who the promise was made to and what the actual promise is sometime soon

Fluffyknowsyou

Fluffyknowsyou

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 61 posts

I don't want a TWGOK endings(rushed, bad, and full of holes),but would like this to end or at least reveal everyone's crushes by the end of the year.

Edited by Fluffyknowsyou, 26 June 2014 - 02:09 PM.

null7

null7

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

For anyone getting tired of, frustrated with or just on the fence with this manga, I would recommend just dropping it now. Unless of course you find some sort of camaraderie with the other plot seeker comments. Otherwise its just an exercise in frustration and waste of time. You can always revisit in X months to see if anything has changed, and marathon it if something happened.

Not to be disrespectful to the manga, but I actually enjoy it again after I stopped caring about the plot, dropped it for awhile and came back. So now its just a chapter by chapter slice of life ride. As long as its interesting/cute then all is good. The way he does and frames expressions and reactions is masterful and a real treat to read. Back when I was hoping for plot though, aggravation just kept piling up.

Its not all sunshine and sparkles though, as there are still chapters that come up meh. But oh well, just look forward to the next one. Not really into straight up (as in no Haru or other girls) Kosaki chapters for some reason. Probably a throwback to getting frustrated with Kosaki obsession pretty much throwing a wrench in the whole promised girl premise. Not in a plot twist kind of way, but a 'what's the point' kind - promise is irrelevant since Raku was so obsessed with Kosaki. Although that's still the case now.....oh, and Haru > Kosaki. But any chapter focusing on the others have been good. Anything Tsugumi is great. Yui is flat out awesome, but its just sad with the genre that I'm sure everyone can agree that she has 0% chance despite outclassing the others.

Vueiy

Vueiy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts

*sigh* I want to know how it ends.  I'm not a big fan of harem manga (either with guys or girls as the harem, although I certainly like a bunch of eye candy boys myself), but I started this one b/c the oneshot seemed really interesting.  There's all these people saying, "If you don't like it anymore, don't read it," but I personally like to finish stories that I've gotten into and started to enjoy.  Some will say, "Well, it's a gag-manga, and if you don't like that, stop reading."  There's nothing intrinsically wrong with gag manga, but I've noticed that there's one sure-fire way to make them tedious: insert a plot.  A plot, by its very definition, demands a beginning, build-up, climax, and then a resolution, also known as an ending.  For awhile now, Nisekoi's been doing mini-plots for each story arc, but this results in the overall plot just going back and forth between build-ups and climaxes, with a little let-down here and there but no solid resolutions.  That is what's annoying.  There's story progression here and there, but then it's episodic again.

It would be fine if it was just purely episodic, or purely (or at least mostly) plot-driven.  For example, Nichijou is a gag-manga that's absolutely hilarious, has no overarching plot, and has about as many chapters (although most are shorter), and I've yet to feel bored or desired to see the end of it.  Nisekoi, however, teases you along with a plot, then gives you a handful of filler chapters like 130 - Interview in between each.  I think it'd be good if the author had written them as separate series, like the main story and then spinoffs/4-koma.

Anyways, I'll stick w/ it until the end...I just hope that end comes soon and doesn't feel like a cop-out.

maffa

maffa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationitaly

problem is, it started with a plot, and it wasnt just a setting, no it was a proper plot. It's just that they want to milk the cow until it's exhausted, and gags -albeit not funny to me- fill the space week in week out. 

And this is pissing me off mightly.

Temenigru

Temenigru

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGermany

I don't really mind the series getting dragged. After reading HnG (#1 in terms of plot rarely progessing) I'm already prepared for anything and realized you'd better read for daily interactions not the plot else there's no joy in it. Consider the plot to be an addition... well, it still hurts deep down :(

Edited by Temenigru, 14 July 2014 - 09:37 PM.

Kagonesti

Kagonesti

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

So much agree that Double Arts was more interesting and better planned.  It wasn't just cliche shounen, it had some interesting bits.  It was just getting real exciting too.  But apparently harem manga still sells and I don't know why.  It's not like this is even groundbreaking in any sort of way.  Then again it is shounen and anyone older than teens is sort of a peripheral audience.

i agree. i loved double arts. one of the most interesting set ups i've seen in a manga. it was a little out there with the plot but still wish it kept going.

krazymustard

krazymustard

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

This is such a pointless thread.  People who enjoy the manga are going to continue reading it.  Those who are getting sick of it are just contributing to a negative discussion that accomplishes nothing.  I personally still enjoy this manga but I'm not about to waste my own time trying to convince people that it's still worth reading.  At any rate, I'm pretty bored of this thread now so I'll be leaving.

Noitrus

Noitrus

Fingerling Potato

• Agrypnia Scans
  • 90 posts
  • LocationLithuania

I have stopped reading this manga long time ago now, for same reasons everyone who don't like it describes here. However I am considering returning if they actually change something, therefore following this thread keeping an eye if people will say something about changes. So perhaps this thread isn't that worthless after all. 

irishredcap

irishredcap

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

Thread won't change. Author, or maybe editor/mag, is milking the popularity of this series for everything it is worth. The bad thing is for all the gag-esque chapters that have flowed out the past few months with the occasional plot thrown in willy nilly has detracted a lot from an actually decent plot regarding a harem manga.

My biggest issue is that I loved the one-shot. I liked the first couple of arcs as they were cute and actually served a purpose. Now it's turned into, what mini-arc can we throw in to take up a month, then add a new girl that will not really be part of the plot but just a side character for laughs to distract from the main characters. I fear what is going to end up happening is they are going to continue to run this episodic slice-of-life gag style until the manga loses a lot of it's popularity. Then they will axe the series and the author will be forced to rush the ending by throwing in plot devices that should have been hinted at/led up too throughout the series.

maffa

maffa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationitaly

i dont know man. everyone's pants is on fire for the umptenth cosplay chapter. 

I never been a cosplay fanatic, expecially the fetish about the "normal dress" like the sailor uniform or the chinese waitress. I understand this is a big topos in otaku culture but always failed to impress me, even though i recognize it and appreciate it if it belongs to a plot or a coherent story. These latest chapters, however, are just a parade of cosplaying characters, the story being a sorry excuse to show them off. What the fuck. I dont want to sound macho but im not into dressing barbies up, so even though i totally appreciated my dear Seichirou in her cocktail dress, all the following costumes bored me to death. And now this wardrobe-o-rama  school festival . Any kind of complex, twisting plot usually develops from school festivals, and all we got is this. 

i am so tired.