Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

I'm getting tired of this manga.

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

a7davidz

a7davidz

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

i not tired of it it good the author just describing each character and putting in good part like beach and etc just let it go it way if it long don't read it and i actually prefer long manga cause it tell more detail and end better than short manga that end like crap

Sir Birdy

Sir Birdy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAustralia

I don't think this manga is ending.. unless it got axed. There's still a lot of stuff to milk. 
I read this manga for the characters' daily interactions , so I don't really mind the stalemate.

I agree, I'm not really reading this for the sake of the plot. If I was I wouldn't have read it to begin with. Typical harem, with over used 'ten year ago promise' and the stereotype character casting. But the character chemistry and the comedy, I reckon it's fantastic and completely takes my mind off the plot. 

If anything I would like it to be a little more GE, and a lot less PG. :3 

Chayto

Chayto

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina

That's IT.

After reading chapter 92, I quit reading this manga. The main plot was originally meant to be Raku finding the keys to that lock, keys appeared, nothing happened. Plot is being draged out to infinity, almost 100 chapters and there isn't the tiniest development, not even their relationships. Some may argue that their relationships have developed, they might have, but they are still VERY shallow. Plus this manga seems that it has 2 possible endings: 1) Being Axed 2) Raku throwing his lock and not chosing a girl to stay with.

To hell with this manga.

bane_ecf

bane_ecf

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis-St. Paul metro

That's IT.
After reading chapter 92, I quit reading this manga. The main plot was originally meant to be Raku finding the keys to that lock, keys appeared, nothing happened. Plot is being draged out to infinity, almost 100 chapters and there isn't the tiniest development, not even their relationships. Some may argue that their relationships have developed, they might have, but they are still VERY shallow. Plus this manga seems that it has 2 possible endings: 1) Being Axed 2) Raku throwing his lock and not chosing a girl to stay with.
To hell with this manga.

You make it sound like the author is supposed to take a really popular series that makes tons of money and intentionally end it quickly to end the source of revenue. Of course the author is going to drag out the series as long as humanly possible, it's his or her job to do exactly that and you'd do the exact same thing if your livelihood depended on it. If you can't accept that, go read a novel where the story ends when you run out of pages instead of a manga series that can go on for years without end in sight.

/starts reading Doraemon.

Edited by bane_ecf, 27 September 2013 - 04:33 AM.

tehyar

tehyar

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Heh, I came here for this very reason. I'm giving this up until it's over, and starting my way back from the last scene. With everything that's NOT happening, I no longer trust this mangaka. We may either never get an end, or not get one that actually resolves anything. This has long since jumped the shark. It's turning into another Love Hina, where it's good stuff in the first few and last chapter, and piles of frustration in the middle. It's ok to make a long series, but a good author can have stuff actually happen that makes a difference along the way. I've read plenty that do. This is just a grind.

Edited by tehyar, 27 September 2013 - 04:26 PM.

notwo

notwo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

The problem is this series has become the author's meal-ticket, and I honestly don't think he expected it to be this successful when he started out and so didn't outline a longer storyline.

Ironically enough, one of his earlier series 'Double Arts' had a lot more groundwork in place for a long, ongoing, storyline. And frankly speaking, I kind of preferred it. But unlike Nisekoi it didn't sell well, and so the series ended prematurely, a third of where Nisekoi currently is.

I think that the author spend to much time setting the stage in Double Arts, and when the story was to really begin it got axed. 

Noitrus

Noitrus

Fingerling Potato

• Agrypnia Scans
  • 90 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Well it certainly feels like this manga is dragged out, but then again it's a problem that almost every school-romance-drama titles have. Look at "Kimi no iru machi", similar thing, same problems. It was very interesting at some point then it simply got to every day life with little to no development of the story line, occasionally popping a chapter which is slightly more interesting than others. 

But only really talented mangakas could probably create continuously great story line of this genre, it's rather difficult to make everyday life interesting. 

Sir Flash™

Sir Flash™

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationGaming & Streaming

Well it certainly feels like this manga is dragged out, but then again it's a problem that almost every school-romance-drama titles have. Look at "Kimi no iru machi", similar thing, same problems. It was very interesting at some point then it simply got to every day life with little to no development of the story line, occasionally popping a chapter which is slightly more interesting than others. 

But only really talented mangakas could probably create continuously great story line of this genre, it's rather difficult to make everyday life interesting. 

so you are saying they are not talented?

Musician King's SoundCloud: 

p4dJLo8.gif

SON, NIC, SHAKES!!

Spoiler

Noitrus

Noitrus

Fingerling Potato

• Agrypnia Scans
  • 90 posts
  • LocationLithuania

so you are saying they are not talented?

Not saying they're not talented, but perhaps not talented enough to break these mangas out of their usual genre bounds.

Vueiy

Vueiy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts

Heh, I came here for this very reason. I'm giving this up until it's over, and starting my way back from the last scene. With everything that's NOT happening, I no longer trust this mangaka. We may either never get an end, or not get one that actually resolves anything. This has long since jumped the shark. It's turning into another Love Hina, where it's good stuff in the first few and last chapter, and piles of frustration in the middle. It's ok to make a long series, but a good author can have stuff actually happen that makes a difference along the way. I've read plenty that do. This is just a grind.

Yup, I agree it jumped the shark a little while ago.  Probably around the time when they mentioned four girls with keys, from the little storybook.  That, to me, was when things started to feel a little forced (in the overall scope of things).

Personally, I started reading this one because of the oneshot, which I don't believe had the harem tag on it (might have and I just missed it).  I typically stay away from harem manga (especially shounen or seinen) because it's just an excuse to see lots of cute girls and sometimes fanservice.  However, I thought the plot was just interesting enough to stick around for, and I liked the Onodera angle, so I kept reading, and found I actually enjoyed it.  I even held out hope that MC would end up w/ Onodera instead of Chitoge (because I just don't like tsunderes; personal preference).  But now that Chitoge's started to like him, it's starting to feel inevitable.

That being said, it does seem to be dragging on quite a bit.  That's part of the main reason I wouldn't touch Love Hina with a ten-foot pole (that and, again, I don't like tsunderes, especially when they're the obvious ending love choice, and especially when they're self-righteous).  The stories are still interesting at this point, but they do feel forced, like they don't add to the overall plot.  I know there's another key-girl on the way, but I'm really not looking forward to any more harem girls...unless it turns out to be what's-her-face, Chitoge's guardian girl (the one with the boy's name; it escapes me at the moment).  I'm thinking it's not her, though, since she seems to pretty clearly remember that time period in her life, and has thus far not indicated that MC gave her a key or that she has one.

Honestly, keys aside, I just want him to pick one (*coughOnoderacough*) and be done with it.

Dice Warwick

Dice Warwick

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

I stopped reading some time back, the start was fun and funny, but now it has become your standard harem anime, with all the originality sucked out.

Nightdragon

Nightdragon

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts

It's getting too long, and pretty soon all it's going to be doing is dragging it to make it last longer, I just want it to come to a conclusion already and have Ichijou pick a girl already. I really don't want to see it go over 100 chapters.

And now, of all things, they added a new girl to the harem, great, means that the author is only planning on letting the manga drag..

Anyways, what's your guys thoughts? Shouldn't this manga be close to finishing?

no what should have ended was kimi no iru machi thats what you call dragging this is more like in mid-stream.

kinda funny really the authors Double Arts was more intresting but it seems this is more popular. Go fig.

Vueiy

Vueiy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts

no what should have ended was kimi no iru machi thats what you call dragging this is more like in mid-stream.

kinda funny really the authors Double Arts was more intresting but it seems this is more popular. Go fig.

I went and read Double Arts and loved it.  That I would've liked to have seen more of (although I kinda understand why he ended it)!

taaudoloran

taaudoloran

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

This manga is published in the Jump family of magazines, home of other nice fast paced and compact mangas such as: Dragonball Z, Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece. 

Need more explanation?

oboeotaku

oboeotaku

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLook behind you.

I think you need to chill the f*ck out.

If this was Love Hina, I bet you'd complain after they introduce Mutsumi.

HOLY SHIT AND THEN THERE'S KANAKO OH MY GOD!

At least Nisekoi has a coherent plot. Love Hina was full of magic and flying turtles.

I have read 20 chapters of Nisekoi (this is after 3 attempts to try out the series...I'm not sure if there will be an attempt #4) and I have read 0 chapters of Love Hina. However, I feel compelled to mention that there's been like a 10 year gap between Love Hina and Nisekoi. Even if they do have the same premise and the same schticks or whatever, I feel like it's wrong to try and compare series with such a time gap between them. 10 years of seeing the same schtick being repeated over and over will make a big impact on how one will judge a series.

It's also frustrating because we know that Komi Naoshi is capable of creating much more creative works, as seen by the infamous Double Arts or the one shot Island (FakeHero aptly mentioned "The best one-shot I´ve ever read, and I doubt anything will top this. *Sigh that the author is making a no more than average harem love comedy now with that talent."

Time to go read Love Hina now. I need more magic and flying turtles in my life.

aokobeamu.gif

Nightdragon

Nightdragon

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts

honestly what a bunch of lightweights, the author is of coruse going to make something that is there meal ticket, you all make it sound likes its easy to stay published making manga... we know of the success's but how many faliures are there then end up having to do something else.

don't like it don't read it. there are worse offenders out there, Seo being one of them. Also a better work was CANCELLED because it wasn't popular, the author then makes this "blaned" manga and guess what its popular.

Obviously the author is doing something right.

Then again, what do you want for a bunch of leechers complaining that something is bland and don't like it.

Seriously don't like? drop it and don't come back.

Sir Flash™

Sir Flash™

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationGaming & Streaming

Not saying they're not talented, but perhaps not talented enough to break these mangas out of their usual genre bounds.

well yeah, but all authors have flaws, hell even the best in the world do

Musician King's SoundCloud: 

p4dJLo8.gif

SON, NIC, SHAKES!!

Spoiler

oboeotaku

oboeotaku

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLook behind you.

honestly what a bunch of lightweights, the author is of coruse going to make something that is there meal ticket, you all make it sound likes its easy to stay published making manga... we know of the success's but how many faliures are there then end up having to do something else.

don't like it don't read it. there are worse offenders out there, Seo being one of them. Also a better work was CANCELLED because it wasn't popular, the author then makes this "blaned" manga and guess what its popular.

Obviously the author is doing something right.

Then again, what do you want for a bunch of leechers complaining that something is bland and don't like it.

Seriously don't like? drop it and don't come back.

You know, I don't particularly care for the tone of this post, especially since I am am one of your so-called "lightweights." So I'll post a reply in turn.

So, are you saying that you've never complained for any series? Are you perhaps, someone who buys every single volume of manga that you read online, buys BDs for every series you watch online or torrent, breaking you apart from the rest of us "leechers?" Is there something wrong with us "lightweights" wanting and expecting more out of a mangaka who we know has much more potential, who is being suppressed by the industry and the stupid voting schemes of Shounen Jump?

Personally, I would ignore this series if I could. But it won't let me ignore it. How can I, when I hear that Shaft is supposed to be taking care of the anime adaptation?

P.S.  If you're going to start attacking a certain portion of the audience with a post, at least make your English more coherent. Or don't post such comments at all.

aokobeamu.gif

tehyar

tehyar

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
I have no idea why anyone would compare this to Kimi no iru machi. That manga may be long, but STUFF ACTUALLY HAPPENS/CHANGES. The story actually advances. Its not chapter after chapter of near misses and teases at a resolution like this (and Love Hina). If I want a static situation that only resolves at the final chapter (maybe) I'll go watch some american sitcoms. I don't want that from my manga. Well, I suppose not all sitcom manga are bad. Mangaka-san was the funniest thing Ive read. But this is one where the story is all about the end resolution, yet doesnt change. Its just a really long tease. Way too many "ohh, so close" moments that make me want to punch the author.

Edited by tehyar, 22 November 2013 - 03:53 PM.

Leoh

Leoh

Potato

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUranus

Head ups, 101 chapters and..... absolutely no change at all!

I mean really, what has changed in the manga? Apart from the fact the Chitoge realized she liked Raku (chapter 40 or so, I believe), and since most main characters realized their love for the heroine earlier on in the story and finally end up together 2/3 of the story later; going on by that chronology it will be another 260 chapters before Raku and Chitoge end up together or Raku and whoever else. 

I'm going to give this manga another 20 chapters, if no drastic change happens before then or what feels like a long and important arc is coming a along. I'm dropping it. Because really, I have nothing else to gain from this manga apart from annoyance. 

Edited by Leoh, 24 November 2013 - 01:00 AM.

425q4sD.png

M o r s     R e g i s