Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 976votes)

Koe no Katachi

Alt Names: alt A Silent Voicealt 声之形alt รักไร้เสียงalt 聲の形alt 聲之形alt 목소리의 형태alt La forma de la vozalt Sesin Şeklialt The Shape of a Voicealt هيئة الصوتalt Wujud Sebuah Suaraalt Форма Голоса
Author: Ooima Yoshitoki
Artist: Ooima Yoshitoki
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Shouya Ishida, a boy always looking for ways to beat boredom, ends up looking for it in the wrong place. Weirded out by his new classmate, a deaf transfer student named Shouko Nishimiya, he deems her as the target of his ostracizing and bullying. Day after day, Shouya picks on Shouko, unaware of the effects of his thoughtless actions. He finally understands the pain he has inflicted on her when one day, his bullying culminates in her leaving the school, and his classmates begin to shun and harass him every chance they get instead. Determined to right his wrongs, five years later, Shouya, now a third year high school loner, meets Shouko again. Thus begins the story of a young man's path to redemption.
Go to Koe no Katachi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Is this worth reading? New Window Kenshin-dono
  • 26 Replies
Topic The hearing aids; what's their point? New Window Joe-Kerr
  • 2 Replies
Topic Koe no Kitachi anime confirmed New Window KeK
  • 5 Replies
Topic What happened to the sister? New Window Sennkestra
  • 16 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Blue Flaming Wings
  • 72 Replies
Topic I am outraged at the father New Window Joe-Kerr
  • 2 Replies

2149 Comments

Now is 31 humm..

A one-shot was brilliant, but i won`t make it to read the series... too hard...

Thanks for the release of the first chapter! I actually enjoyed it and oop, let the journey begin:

Spoiler

The oneshot was very hard for me to read, it brought back painful memories.

Read the one-shot long before. This was so gold, that i can remember clearly, I don't really care about that boy's bad deeds, yeah sure boy's an ass-butt, but what I really care was the girl's happiness; that's what this manga make me think the whole time i was reading.

Boy and girl had grown up, each had changed from the past, and finally meets in the present. Like @S.C. said, just a simple sequel is needed, cuz serialization can also have the means of dragging the story, and dragging one's story isn't the most brilliant thing a publisher and author do in the history of manga industry. Especially to such piece like this.

I just hope the serialization doesn't fuck this up.

OUUUAUUAUAUAUAHAHAHAHAHGHGHGHAHGHHGGH IT WAS NICE OF A ONE SHOT ALREADY !!!

Damn making us go read through it again :o thats not smooth for the heart :D It gives me even more evil thoughts

Well... atleast wer gonna see their romance I sppose right?

Or... is it just the one shot split up in the few bits of chapters :(

So author decide to split one shot to several chapters.
Then this will be a long suffering.

@all

Sorry guys. I'm checking to see if i'm not bumping into some other group who are already working on this...

Mangafox and Mangapark already leeched it. If you don't mind, please go read the first chapter there. 

Or here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvt77kkmwrd69dx/Koe%20no%20Katachi_ch01.zip

[edit] nvm. i'm putting it back.

Yeah ? I was reading it then I got back on the OS, what's going on ?

Thank you very much for doing this Annonymous

Edit: Wait what? chapter 1 just got remove?

Actually, the serialization is set to be published next week.

You made me love you.

The manga left me speechless I wanted to write something other than this comment but I couldn't. Anyone who comes by and see it please consider reading it, it won't be a waste of your time.

Hah! And I get now what the magazine people were on about in the cover XD

Well, on the drama side... I really don't get how can people be such assholes! I myself got problems with low-end bullies, but they turned out to be nice people after I scared/creeped the shit out of them! The poor girl got enough shit with being deaf, she didn't need the -All the other reindeer- treatment, dammit!

I really liked the development. It went nice and clean, made want to read it till the end :D

I would like to be a student in Japan just for bullying the bullies, bullies are less than a insect for me. Discarding their stress on innocent people who don't give problems. Worse than a mental illness.

Actually, the serialization is set to be published next week.

why isn't this manga published anymore?

What are you talking about he goes through a ton of bullying after she leaves and probably gets through the rest of elementary school

Plus he totally changes his ways after and probably will help people out if they're being bullied

despite that i agree the a-hole needs to apologize first. just because he finally got a taste of his own medicine doesnt mean he should be forgiven until he owns up to what he did entirely. not to mention that he isnt deaf. the girl was already going to have a hard childhood, and thanks to him she had to deal with that AND a bunch of obnoxious kids teaming up on her..... not to mention him throwing her concern back into her face at the end of it. so far he has done 3 times the damage to her then he ever received, and she never did a single thing to him. not quite a point where you call it even without a single sorry

nice !!!

Could the MC not even say sorry once? Too sweet ending for an @sshole.

From 5/5 to 1/5.

What are you talking about he goes through a ton of bullying after she leaves and probably gets through the rest of elementary school

Plus he totally changes his ways after and probably will help people out if they're being bullied

This's why a slice of life and drama manga should be short. Because you can get to the main point more faster and make it more clear!

True

This's why a slice of life and drama manga should be short. Because you can get to the main point more faster and make it more clear!

Im really interested what happened afterwards too. Somehow they would make such an awsome couple:D

Fucking stealth onions ;_;

Damn, this needs to be serialized for a full series; either that or an OVA. I enjoyed the the hell out of this. 62 pages of enjoyment. 8/10.

Could the MC not even say sorry once? Too sweet ending for an @sshole.

From 5/5 to 1/5.

Well yeah, he deserves two or three Morningstars to the head, but at least as clumsy as he is, he´s trying to make up for all the shit he did in the past.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics