Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Koe no Kitachi anime confirmed

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

KeK

KeK

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationCyberworld

The cover of final chapter of Koe no Kitachi says there will be an anime in the works.

This is just lovely. Something I wanted to see ever since I started reading this manga.

Here is the link about it.

tohukyo

tohukyo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts

I thought the article said Crunchyroll is releasing the anime.I suppose it's releasing the manga for now? But I checked for both and none for now. Is it too soon? (nov 2014 and now may 2015)

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

I thought the article said Crunchyroll is releasing the anime.I suppose it's releasing the manga for now? But I checked for both and none for now. Is it too soon? (nov 2014 and now may 2015)

A film....seems like it was first thought it would be a series but turned out to be a single, feature-length film...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-15/a-silent-voice-anime-project-is-a-theatrical-film/.82166

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1325273

Though it doesn't appear to have been released yet, and I've not seen anything about Crunchyroll releasing it online. They don't actually have any anime movies, do they?

Edited by svines85, 11 May 2015 - 06:47 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

tohukyo

tohukyo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts

I think they do anime movies. Or at least the only ones I know for sure they're released is Makoto Shinkai's inspiring anime films. But that was quite some time ago. 

But to become a movie instead of an anime series...is it because it's too radical of a topic to be done over a series of episodes? I can't see how it's possible to turn a heart wrenching and profound 62 chapters (7 volumes) into a film 2 or less hours. 

Are they going to rely on just fans watching the movie and hoping that it would entice/tease those new to the story to get the whole story by turning to purchasing the manga? If so, I can see the profit benefits from this choice.

Well then again, it wouldn't stop the message from getting across; open people up to the potential maltreatment of those who are not as able as others when placed into a mainstream environment in contrast to specialized education. My concern with this point is impact then.

Edited by tohukyo, 11 May 2015 - 11:50 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Spoiler

Good question, I'm sure it was a judgement decision by management based (in some way or the other) on money and how they thought they'd make the most of it the quickest  :D

Dunno, I'd expect it'll either be very compressed or.........my guess......is that it'll only cover a certain portion of the story. Like maybe just the very first portion of the story........ the original oneshot only, not the additional story content that came from the serialized version.

But what do I know  :)

Tn7HA0h.png

tohukyo

tohukyo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts

Well, the same goes for all of us who aren't in the know of the production. It's all speculation until a trailer comes out. Some people in the forum you linked me to in myanimelist said if they make a movie for the one shot, it would be interesting as the prequel to a anime series so one shot=film and main story=anime series. Again, it's all speculation =) Well, until more info comes out I'll be waiting with more excitement for Kodansha USA to release the whole series in english for me to buy up =D

Thank you for humoring me. It's been a pleasure =)

Edited by tohukyo, 12 May 2015 - 03:55 AM.