Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Leez's Romantic Partner (cute moments/evidence)- Compilation!

romance pairing leez

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

Poll: Leez's Romantic Partner (cute moments/evidence)- Compilation! (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Leez will end up with... [honest opinion]

1. Yuta (19 votes [51.35%])

Percentage of vote: 51.35%

2. Kubera (Mister) (3 votes [8.11%])

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

3. Mysterious person (2 votes [5.41%])

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

4. Someone else (1 votes [2.70%])

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

5. No one (9 votes [24.32%])

Percentage of vote: 24.32%

6. Yuta and Kubera (Mister) (3 votes [8.11%])

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

Your favorite pairing(s). You may choose more than one.

1. Leez x Yuta (20 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

2. Leez x Kubera (Mister) (17 votes [26.56%])

Percentage of vote: 26.56%

3. Leez x Mysterious person (3 votes [4.69%])

Percentage of vote: 4.69%

4. Leez x Agni (3 votes [4.69%])

5. Leez x Ran (6 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

6. Leez x Asha (5 votes [7.81%])

Percentage of vote: 7.81%

7. Leez x Someone else (2 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

8. Yuta x Leez x Kubera (Mister) (5 votes [7.81%])

Percentage of vote: 7.81%

9. Leez x No one (3 votes [4.69%])

Your age.

1. <12 years old (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 12-18 yrs old (9 votes [24.32%])

Percentage of vote: 24.32%

3. 19-25 yrs old (20 votes [54.05%])

Percentage of vote: 54.05%

4. 26-35 yrs old (7 votes [18.92%])

Percentage of vote: 18.92%

5. 36-45 yrs old (1 votes [2.70%])

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

6. >45 years old (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

"Homosexual friendship"? :huh: I guess she feels uncomfortable with the topic, but I don't get what she was trying to say with that. Maybe a friendship with some hints of attaction but nothing else?

I've got to say, I've never really thought about it but I'm not sure if I've ever seen any yuri or yaoi type story content in Korean manhwa......traditional manhwa or webtoons for that matter. Certainly nothing serious, not like is seen in Japanese manga. Of course that might just be me and my reading list but maybe that has something to do with the author's comment/s. Maybe it's just less acceptable in the Korean viewpoint to depict that sort of relationship as compared to the Japanese culture.

And different strokes for different folks and all, but I really have trouble seeing Leez/Asha anyway........or Asha/anybody for that matter, I mean she's just sooooo serious all the time. I'm not sure she's got time for any kind of romance, she sure doesn't give off those vibes (to me at least).

Tn7HA0h.png

fiveseconds

fiveseconds

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 228 posts
To be fair, there was quite a bit of Agni/Leez hinting in the first Atera arc. xD Not that it'll ever go anywhere, but shippers feel free to go wild.

Obviously it's more Yuta/Leez than Kubera/Leez right now, which makes me wonder what Currygom's going to put with Kubera/Leez since Y/L has a lot of shiptease at the moment.

Slightly off topic but still related to romance: a lot of popular pairings actually aren't Canon. I mean, Asha/Ran, Shuri/Visnu, Clophe/Airi, Brilith/Sagara, even Cloche/Hura seems to be a popular one, and Teo/Gandharva is only there if you squint. It's true that there's some material for most pairings, but not enough to actually confirm an established relationship and fan speculation tends to exaggerate moments. xD

Off topic but feel free to read some information about Asian countries on homosexuality:
Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

To be fair, there was quite a bit of Agni/Leez hinting in the first Atera arc. xD Not that it'll ever go anywhere, but shippers feel free to go wild.

Obviously it's more Yuta/Leez than Kubera/Leez right now, which makes me wonder what Currygom's going to put with Kubera/Leez since Y/L has a lot of shiptease at the moment.

Off topic but feel free to read some information about Asian countries on homosexuality:

Spoiler

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I know I'm more used to the Japanese manga and anime so when it's a manhwa/webtoon it's easy to be in the same mind set and think that they're going to have the same types of content, character depiction...whatever. And that's not the case in a lot of instances, Japanese culture has a lot of differences from other Asian cultures because of greater Western influence.

So we can wish for Asha x Leez or Asha and any of her fan-girls all we want but it's not going to happen.

And yeah, I forgot how Agni was interested in Leez early on, so I guess that means another member of the "Leez all-hottie harem plan" right? Wow, she's gonna have her hands full keeping order in that stable.

Tn7HA0h.png

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Agni x Leez. <3 If Agni weren't so infatuated with Brilith, I'd totally ship that too!

Spoiler

The way Currygom always seems to have put it, she isn't against homosexuality per se, but she doesn't like it when her obviously straight characters are made to behave in a homosexual way. Well, when you look at BL fanworks, it's true that um... some tend to make the characters OOC (out of character)? I guess, for example, she wouldn't really care if you wrote about Ruche chasing girls (Ruche isn't lesbian per se, apparently she just likes anybody with a beautiful face D: ).

Edited by Mizura, 09 December 2012 - 05:56 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

fiveseconds

fiveseconds

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 228 posts
"Gandharva had mistaken Leez for his daughter; thus potential love? (cite?), post# 3"

Um, this is a little bit awkward as it implies incest. Word it differently, perhaps?

Though sometimes I really do have to question some of the Gandharva and Shakuntala fanart and what the artists had in mind...

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
^ ... well, you could think of it this way:
- Leez looks like Shakuntala
- Shakuntala looks like Menaka
=> Leez looks like Menaka?

Though, Leez doesn't Really look like Shakuntala. o,o And we know that she looks even less like Menaka since we've learned that Menaka has Blue hair. I guess Gandharva x Leez would be more due to the fact that Gandharva seems at least somewhat fond of Leez because she's funny, and at least temporarily made him think of his daughter. I'm willing to bet that nobody thought of shipping him with anybody other than Menaka though until he disguised himself as a human and it turned out he was very hot. xD

Whoa, I am blissfully unaware of what Gandharva and Shakuntala fanart you are talking about. o,o

*sees a Ran x Leez fanart at the KuCa* You know, on the other hand, I'm starting to like Ran x Leez more and more. xD They're totally cute together too. Also, Ran is a Total fan of Rao Leez, it'd be totally interesting to find out how he'd react when he learns that Leez is his idol's daughter. They have a lot of things they could do together:
- They both use magic without calculations after all, they could totally practice together.
- And since Ran always wanted to be a fighter, they could probably have matches against one another, magic and transcendentals included!
- They can ;_; together over Rao Leez' death. Ran can share the stories he knows with Leez, and Leez can share... uh... something.
- Ran's rich so Leez will never starve. >.>;;;

Edited by Mizura, 09 December 2012 - 11:09 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany
Leezxher childhood friedn whose name I currently don´t remember.

Then he dies from old age/gets killed by Leez her punches and she never wants a romantic partner ever again.

Edited by Akasha, 09 December 2012 - 11:37 AM.

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **

"Gandharva had mistaken Leez for his daughter; thus potential love? (cite?), post# 3"
Um, this is a little bit awkward as it implies incest. Word it differently, perhaps?
Though sometimes I really do have to question some of the Gandharva and Shakuntala fanart and what the artists had in mind...

I meant the sort of "she has such a familiar vibe and energy" ^^ You know, how many people say "I fell in love with her, she is a lot like my beloved mother who died", or "I fell in love with him, he is so similar to my beloved dead brother" etc... I did not imply any "being attracted to kids" sort of weirdness... On the other hand, to Gandharva, who is this and this many billions of years old, almost anyone seems like a kid, so who knows what he sees in her =_=;;

So far I think Yuta x Leez is a lot like Romeo and Juliet, the 2 kids of families who are mortal enemies, love overcoming giant obstacles etc.. A difficult pairing, but on the other hand this is where the biggest love stories draw their material from ^^
Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

fiveseconds

fiveseconds

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 228 posts

Whoa, I am blissfully unaware of what Gandharva and Shakuntala fanart you are talking about. o,o

Those angsty father/daughter fanarts on KuCa? xD Where she's like holding him and crying? I get that, but then I remember seeing somewhere that an artist drew the two of them almost kissing, and I was like whoa, that's a little...

I meant the sort of "she has such a familiar vibe and energy" ^^ You know, how many people say "I fell in love with her, she is a lot like my beloved mother who died", or "I fell in love with him, he is so similar to my beloved dead brother" etc... I did not imply any "being attracted to kids" sort of weirdness... On the other hand, to Gandharva, who is this and this many billions of years old, almost anyone seems like a kid, so who knows what he sees in her =_=;;

I know what you meant but the way it was worded in the evidence post bothered me a little bit. I suppose I'll just wait until Tuesday to ask OP to change it.

Edited by fiveseconds, 09 December 2012 - 06:47 PM.

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **
Now I get it, you want me to change the actual post to make it sound more clear ^^ Always so tired out =_=;; I hope I will find it and get it done before I fall asleep suddenly =_=;;

Spoiler

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts
Ugh, you people love your romance way too much. ;) On the plus side, maybe the other threads will have less "OMG I ship a x b 'cuz I loooove them!" ......well probably not.

I've already made my position clear: Leez x Yuta, Ran x Rana, and Sagara x Vasuki (does this count as a homosexual relationship?) ;)

Edited by themantarays, 09 December 2012 - 11:38 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I've already made my position clear: Leez x Yuta, Ran x Rana, and Sagara x Vasuki (does this count as a homosexual relationship?) ;)

Maybe......I wonder if shipping a same sex pair is worse than an inter-species one (sura X human)? I guess that's probably ok with the more conservative since it's less "realistically" possible than a homosexual one. I just wonder these things sometimes is all, feel free to ignore me.

Tn7HA0h.png

fiveseconds

fiveseconds

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 228 posts
I totally ship Vasuki/Sagara. :) In KuCa it's okay as long as you have one of them as a girl and the other as a guy. Needless to say, with Nastikas, it's... complicated.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
*realizes something*

Hey, fiveseconds, I think I realize what's going on here, I think you're confusing Shakuntala and Menaka. xD Remember that until recently, everybody thought that Menaka looked the same as Shakuntala, green hair and all. It was only when the second book came out this summer that people realized that they had different colors. The best way to tell them apart is through the dress design and ear-level frills. xD

I had the same misunderstanding before. o,o I forgot all about them since more recent fanarts use the right color scheme, hurr hurr...

Err... come to think of it, Currygom probably warned against homosexual pairings in advance because she realized that the KuCa would otherwise get flooded with the likes of:
Spoiler

You know, the first time I saw a Ran x Asha fanart, my first thought was "Hey, Kubera has yaoi fanarts too! ... wait." xP (long time ago, won't even make same mistake twice)

So anyway, recent raw chapters are really bringing the Yuta x Leez vibes back. xD Hmm, I can't help but notice that Ran and Leez don't really seem to treat each other as members of opposite sex or anything like that....... Ah well, I wonder when God Kubera is supposed to show up again.

3492bk6.jpg

fiveseconds

fiveseconds

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 228 posts
I'm not. I assure you that it was Shakuntala and Gandharva, because she had fins coming out of her head and no tail. Also, I believe it was posted sometime after Menaka's real hair colour was revealed. I'd link you but it's buried 100 pages into the Fanart section.

HAHAHAH. Gandharva with Agni. Although I can't see Gandharva and Garuda happening. In their past, weren't they Grumpy and Grumpier? Tak and Vasuki would have some chemistry if Tak didn't have the emotional range of a spoon, but it's not like people can't ship them since they can be hetero. In fact, 5/7 of the pairings you listed could potentially be Het.

Then again, female Gandharva...

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
I wonder that too, and will he ever show up in front of, let's say...Asha? Now that'd be a very interesting conversation indeed. ...heh.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Proud Member of Kubera Wiki

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts

You know, the first time I saw a Ran x Asha fanart, my first thought was "Hey, Kubera has yaoi fanarts too! ... wait." xP

xD xD xD xD

Then again, female Gandharva...

Isn't Gandharva getting more and more feminine with each of his appearances..? And when he is wearing that bow in his long long hair, then he totally looks like a twin of Asha when she was still a girl and definitely feminine O_o Remember that flashback sequence, when Asha was talking to Visnu? I thought from behind she looked nearly identical to Gandharva O_o

Spoiler

OverLord-sama

OverLord-sama

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 81 posts
I am gonna just state right here and now, I am way to lazy to go and look back through the chapters for all the listings I am about to give towards my support of Leez x Yuta. So if you do not like that, please just skip over this post.

Well to start us off, let us take a look at everything that has been listed. We have how Yuta is willing to eat any kind of food put on his plate, because he doesn't want Leez to know about his true form, nor does he want to upset her. Then we have how he was wanting to use his wings to keep her warm, in one of the newest chapters, only to go against it because of Leez's comment. Then you can also look at how Leez overlooks even her most favorite food item when yuta returns to the group.

Now if you want to go at me with things against this item, then come to me. I can start off by saying, while Leez may have a grudge against the guarda (maruna mainly), she will most likely forget it in later chapters after learning that the people of the village are perfectly fine and alive, and/or a mirage of some kind (in Kubera's world, this type of sudden plot twist, wouldn't shock me in the least). So with that knowledge, she would realize that nobody was harmed in the process and either lose all revenge agenda's towards the guarda clan or lessen her hate from "Wanting them all dead" to something more like her of "You could of hurt everybody!!!". This meaning Yuta could show his true form to leez and not worry about what she would say.

And I am just using these two paragraphs for now, as I tend to come to the forums for this manwha a lot, I will keep track of any responses or replies to my own post and, if I can, respond back or at least give detail corrections.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
@ Overlord-sama

total agreement......and your flawless logic and shipping expertise has moved me to reassign Yuta the #1 (lead off) position in the Leez Harem batting order........he might not be as hot as Agni, God Kubera or Ran but he's got the "cute and dedicated" categories won hands down. :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera

xD xD xD xD

Isn't Gandharva getting more and more feminine with each of his appearances..? And when he is wearing that bow in his long long hair, then he totally looks like a twin of Asha when she was still a girl and definitely feminine O_o Remember that flashback sequence, when Asha was talking to Visnu? I thought from behind she looked nearly identical to Gandharva O_o

Yep, but who's gonna tell Gandharva he looks feminin������

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Proud Member of Kubera Wiki