Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Leez's Romantic Partner (cute moments/evidence)- Compilation!

romance pairing leez

• Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

Poll: Leez's Romantic Partner (cute moments/evidence)- Compilation! (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Leez will end up with... [honest opinion]

1. Yuta (19 votes [51.35%])

Percentage of vote: 51.35%

2. Kubera (Mister) (3 votes [8.11%])

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

3. Mysterious person (2 votes [5.41%])

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

4. Someone else (1 votes [2.70%])

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

5. No one (9 votes [24.32%])

Percentage of vote: 24.32%

6. Yuta and Kubera (Mister) (3 votes [8.11%])

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

Your favorite pairing(s). You may choose more than one.

1. Leez x Yuta (20 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

2. Leez x Kubera (Mister) (17 votes [26.56%])

Percentage of vote: 26.56%

3. Leez x Mysterious person (3 votes [4.69%])

Percentage of vote: 4.69%

4. Leez x Agni (3 votes [4.69%])

5. Leez x Ran (6 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

6. Leez x Asha (5 votes [7.81%])

Percentage of vote: 7.81%

7. Leez x Someone else (2 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

8. Yuta x Leez x Kubera (Mister) (5 votes [7.81%])

Percentage of vote: 7.81%

9. Leez x No one (3 votes [4.69%])

Your age.

1. <12 years old (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 12-18 yrs old (9 votes [24.32%])

Percentage of vote: 24.32%

3. 19-25 yrs old (20 votes [54.05%])

Percentage of vote: 54.05%

4. 26-35 yrs old (7 votes [18.92%])

Percentage of vote: 18.92%

5. 36-45 yrs old (1 votes [2.70%])

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

6. >45 years old (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

tkl.ee

tkl.ee

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 426 posts

In the process of updating info... (very slowly I'm more than 100+ chapters behind...I'll officially announce the update once I finish catching up to the translated chapters.)

New Poll!

Suggestion: Read this first post for any new updates! 

Thread Purpose/Information

Spoiler

*Updates*

Read up to forum post: #190 (pg. 10)

Updated info up to webtoon chapter: 2-49

*Starting June 15, 2013, if you have provided some evidence/support/moments etc and I "liked" your post then that means I have added all of your information in the compilation somewhere with your post#. If, somehow, you feel I didn't quite get what you're trying to say then please let me know and I'll fix/edit the info!*

EVIDENCE/SUPPORT/MOMENTS

Leez x Asha

Spoiler

Leez x Yuta

Spoiler

Leez x Kubera (Mister)

Spoiler

Leez x Someone else

Spoiler

PAST POLL RESULTS

Spoiler

Edited by tkl.ee, 11 October 2015 - 01:08 AM.

One Last God: Kubera (en)

Psst... need to find chapters that contain moments of LeezxYuta and LeezxKubera(Mister)? NO FEAR, click here

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
It's a pity that Currygom has insisted that there's no homosexual relations in the series. I'd totally ship Asha x Leez. xP
Well, let's start then with the main issues:
- Yuta x Leez: Yuta would die eventually of food poisoning.
- God Kubera x Leez: Leez would end up bald.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **

It's a pity that Currygom has insisted that there's no homosexual relations in the series.

Noooooooooo :( :blink: *sniff* Whotta discrimination :( I would be totally for something like Asha x Airi Yui, or Asha x some other lovely fighter lady :( Ok, I could still warm up for Asha x Earth Oracle :lol: He looks more feminine than all of Asha's female fans at once <_<

Ok, back to Leez x ????... Of course from my (heavily biased) point of view, most evidence points to Leez x Yuta, she also seems to heavily favor him over anyone, see chapter 99 in First Season ^^ But on the other hand, we have this hate filled revenge 'mission' she is marching on, the main goal of her journey is revenge on Maruna and/or Garuda Sura, and poor Yuta is half Garuda :(

There was some small evidence for Leez x Asha, but sadly Currygom destroyed all the hopes of Asha fans.. I hope she maybe changes her mind, but I do not know how the discrimination issues are in Korea, and if popular stories containing even only nearly invisible homosexual relationships are frown upon as "perverted" or "improper" *sigh* On the other hand, there is clear homosexuality included even inside of Shoujo and Magical Girls series like "Sailor Moon", and those were shipped worldwide to "ALL Audiences". There were girls having clear relationships with other girls, and boys kissing other boys (real boys, not boyish looking females), the series was popular worldwide and her author is now a millionaire (no kidding). Dear Currygom, please think twice, even President Obama openly supports homosexual marriage, think forwards and not backwards ^^

As for God Kubera, HE may be heavily infatuated with Leez green hair curls, not to mention her underwear and stuff like that <_<, but it did not seem as if she would enjoy his pranks... On the other hand, who knows.. So far Leez x God Kubera looks better together than Leez x (kid stage) Yuta =_=

And then, in some weird twist of fate, Leez could end up with Babo Kim (giving her free mushrooms and curry soda, and cheering her up), or with Ran Sairofe (cheering her up all the time, and taking care of her, pitying her for ending up with the "boobmaniac" Asha etc), or even with Gandharva, since her hair seems to resemble Shakuntala's so much that he mistook her :lol:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update about the Gandharva part:
I meant the sort of "she has such a familiar vibe and energy" ^^ You know, how many people say "I fell in love with her, she is a lot like my beloved mother who died", or "I fell in love with him, he is so similar to my beloved dead brother" etc... I did not imply any "being attracted to kids" sort of weirdness... On the other hand, to Gandharva, who is this and this many billions of years old, almost anyone seems like a kid, so who knows what he sees in her =_=;;
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the main problem is Leez' butter face (she is described as looking average at best, usually it is worse...), and her crude and raw personality (brutally violent, no manners, no clue most of the time etc) I know what I speak about, I have many of the same problems most of the time =_=;; There are more reasons that Asha has so many many fans, not just her face...

Edited by Goobera, 09 December 2012 - 07:17 PM.

Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

Eleean

Eleean

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts
Hoho.
I'm all for Leez x Kubera. And in my fangirl mode readings I have found this.
Explaination: Leez blushes when Kubera-kid pats her head, and later she... has an insight?, where grown-up-Kubera touches her hair the very same way, and she talks about a feeling that somehow made her blush.
And Currygom tried hard to draw the webtoon as a romance for that event (in the same link, Currygom's notes).

Still, we have way more to see. And everything is happening in a deliciously slow progression.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
Remember the prediction from Yutus semi-fakish mom that Yutu might eventually kill her in a somewhat distant future? Which indicates a potential romance ended in tragedy, well the unnamed god (but yes, probably formally known as Kubera) had ideas of the future that had changed, plus Yutu mom predictions were somewhat unreliable. So maybe not ending in tragedy, but still long term companionship anyway.

Also Asha has mentioned Yutu has no reason to follow them around. I think Yutu said he wanted to help Leez/Kubera(Leez's actual secret name, remember?) draw the sword, not that Leez cares much about the sword I think. (Alot of non-communication, why hasn't Leez or Asha told Yutu what happened to Leez's village? So I suppose it isn't a big surprise that Yutu thinks the sword is more important to Leez then it is) But I think that is just a excuse too, from the beginning Yutu been following them around because he likes their companionship, but more importantly, he is so crushing on Leez. I would note the recent english translation scene where Yutu fantasizes about putting his wing around Leez for warmth, complete with blushing, till he remembers her saying that she hated winged ones, especially the red and white winged ones. (again I note, if he knew what happened to Leez's village, he would know the grudge is against a particular individual, and that she would most likely not mind at all that he had wings or what he is in general) There is plenty of indication that she really likes Yutu too, deperate not to lose them, like when they got out of the ice channel and he wasn't around when she woke up, and then when she met him and completely ignored her favorite (and valuable/hard to get) mushrooms growing all around her(and we all know what a maniac she is regarding food, especially her favorite food, those curry mushrooms, and remember, those mushrooms can disappear again really quickly) That is about as much romantic indication has she has shown to anyone during the series, she just doesn't seem keen on romance so far.

Anyway, I think the series has made it crystal clear, Leez and Yutu, with plenty of potential tragedy foreshadowing. (like the friend Yutu idolizes and is looking for, and is looking for him, is also the one Leez hates for destroying all her loved ones, even though they might not actually even be dead) I swear, this series is super heavy on the tragedy foreshadowing, so far thankfully none of it has actually materialized, I could do without a heavy dose of tragedy. But real or not, it gets tiresome.

Again Leez and Yutu by a landslide I don't see any room for other pairing. That unnamed god is just using Leez/Kubera, which is why he feels inclined to be generous towards her, guilt/payment. I have really seen any romantic indications, the blushing could be because its embarrassing for her for someone to put their hand on her head, it suggests she is is shorter then them. Being a tall person,(well she seems to to think so at least, but she does not seem to be drawn that tall) she is not use to the possibility of someone easily being in a position to even do that, and she seems plenty proud of her height. So when seemingly two different people do the very same thing it is natural for her to connect them. I've really not seen any other romantic indications other then Leez and Yutu, which I have seen lots of.

Edited by truepurple, 07 December 2012 - 08:35 PM.

krackenker

krackenker

Potato

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSweden, Stockholm
Leez x Yuta!!!!!

LxK...... srsly.... do you even think Kubera would want to be with someone who (probably because of what we have seen so far) will take his name?
AxL: I don't see this happening, Asha aint the type to get in that kind of relationship

Yuta is 'maybe' a bit of a bad paring atm, 2 reasons: 1 he looks to childish 2 ... to afraid of consequences atm, nothing happends without a risk, just w8ing for him to take it

Ariatha

Ariatha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationTexas
I kind of like the idea of the probable future tension between Yuta and Kubera over Leez. Although I am a huge God Kubera fan, I think Leez and Yuta are absolutely adorable together. The panels where their faces are staring at someone in surprise or shock are the cutest things ever.

Also, Yuta will reach 3rd stage eventually!

Ivy

Ivy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 154 posts
Hmm, there's a new post on Currygom's blog, and it seems to talk about homosexuality on fanworks? I couldn't understand much more from the google translation.

Anyways, I like Leez x Yuta a lot, but he need to grow up. But it seems it will take him ages (or maybe it's just that I'm too impatient). xDD

One point for the Kubera x Kubera: the encounter in the Water Channel. Leez somehow ended cheering god Kubera up and taking the decision to live, changing her fate for the worse in the process. :( That scene was both heartwarming and foreboding at the same time.

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
I like Leez and Ran the most, the comedy just writes itself.......

Tn7HA0h.png

foremostproxy

foremostproxy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
Am I the only one rooting for AshaxYuta?

That one scene where Asha asks him the hypothetical. I don't know. I feel like Yuta growing painfully out of his first love into a kind of betrayal second love with Asha would be absolutely heartwrenching and glorious.

Also, I think Yuta's status as a 2nd form is a little tenuous as well. He seems to be very strong for a second stage... Assuming 5th Stage Rakshasa stand on even ground with Nastika... Well, he seems terrifying. Magic/transcendental cancel eyes an all. At the very least a few levels above those 3rd stage Anantas.

Edited by foremostproxy, 08 December 2012 - 01:42 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Hmm, there's a new post on Currygom's blog, and it seems to talk about homosexuality on fanworks? I couldn't understand much more from the google translation.

She's clarifying what's okay or not in fanworks. Among the things that are not okay, there's "things against social values", and she clarifies that homosexuality is Not in this category. I Think she's saying it's okay if fanworks have homosexual relations, as long as it's just friendship and not something more. Whatever that means. o,o But she asks people not to send her homosexual gift art. Especially, if two characters are clearly straight, she does not appreciate it when fans write them as homosexual. She also bans excessive violence and nudity. I only did a rough Google Translation though. Posts are harder to Google Translate because of the lack of context and longer sentences...

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Am I the only one rooting for AshaxYuta?

That one scene where Asha asks Yuta the hypothetical.

Because Asha is driven to to a unknown goal, and it is shown with Ashas mastery of silent spells and the fire gods explanation of what makes you good at that, Asha has discarded alot of her heart in her effort to get to said unknown goal. Kubera the girl, is all heart. Asha sees the possibility of conflict between them, and notices her growing power (plus knows Yutas terrifying power kept under wraps, perhaps partially via sanity) Since she isn't heartless enough to kill her now, and probably needs her for her plan(and perhaps could use Yuta in the plan too) she wanted to know who Yuta would side with come such possible conflict, though quickly realized the answer herself. I see no reason to see a love spark in that, and Ashas cold dedicated heart would not anything at all remotely like that anyway.

Regarding Unnamed with Kubera/Leez theory

From my Power of names, and who is Kubera thread.

Unnamed god is using the girl Kubera (to borrow the power of the name Kubera), he wants to keep her happy. Alternatively if Kubera the girl wants to die, he wants to kill her soon, so that he can give the name to someone else, thus continue to tap into its powers. Kubera gets flustered when unnamed god manhandles her using his power, especially being such a strong willed independant type, she doesn't like it much. It is unlikely for there to be any romantic connection between them, especially with him just using her. Finding someone else to bear the name Kubera and killing her would only be a minor hassle to him, though I suppose he feels he owes her and her family too much to be too quick in such a action.

So Unnamed...
  • sees Leez as a replacable tool for his goal.
  • has no trouble killing her on her request. (you think he would even consider that if he had a love interest in her?)
  • considers her a child.
  • has shown no romantic interest in her. If anything he is very cold and distant.(even when up close)
So Kubera/Leez..
  • is a bit scared of Unnamed, though less now since he has made it clear he won't kill her unless asked.(though that he asks, creeps her out and scares her a bit)
  • is often flustered and upset about the way he messes with her and makes her feel powerless.
  • still thinks of Unnamed as a child, even after what he told her, considering she doesn't completely trust him, and his attitude seems childish at times to her (as well as the rubber ducky and how he can turn into a child appearance and act completely like one like a flip of a switch)
  • sees Unnamed as the overpowering (childish, and perhaps insane? to her) stalker with unknown (to her) designs on her. Showing lots of unhealthy interest anyway.
  • has shown no romantic interest in him. Or that she would even care, or would even perhaps be relieved if he vanished from her life forever. Though I bet she appreciated being told about the spells.
I bet he enjoys seeing her flustered, he finds her interesting, her unique (to him) take on things. So he gets up close, stirs her up and observes. Since someone carrying the name of Kubera is important to Unnamed, he needs to judge her anyway, so it isn't just curiosity. She is just flustered and upset, so any looks between them in my opinion are that of cool observation and curiosity verses flustered/upset, perhaps even some anger.

Edited by truepurple, 08 December 2012 - 05:49 AM.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
Since I posted the last post some time ago, I am posting a new one so noone misses this.(people don't typically reread posts looking for new additions)

Translation of the profile that Currygom posted on her blog http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23218783/1.%20TheCompany/Kubeadia%20Images/Kubeadia/Kubeadia%5B_Leez_%5D.jpg

It clearly says she likes men to at least pretend to be weaker then her. (maybe even if she really knows they are stronger) Unnamed has done nothing but flaunt how much much more power he currently has then her (and it's extreme), over her, and uses it to physically manipulate her against her will, to her embarrassment and consternation. Yuta currently is way more powerful then her (I think) at least when insane with hunger, but he has done nothing but keep his powers under wraps for other reasons which you guys know. She even felt the need to run to his rescue.

Edited by truepurple, 08 December 2012 - 06:27 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
It is the translation of the profile that comes directly from Currygom's blog. (SIU writes Tower of God, by the way, not Kubera).
http://currygom.blog.me/
Kubera Leez: http://blog.naver.com/PostThumbnailView.nhn?blogId=currygom&logNo=10081061726&categoryNo=68&parentCategoryNo=

Damn I just answered this question on the Other thread.

Edit: Ah, you edited, nevermind.

Edited by Mizura, 08 December 2012 - 06:29 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Someone posted this link http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23218783/1.%20TheCompany/Kubeadia%20Images/Kubeadia/Kubeadia%5B_Leez_%5D.jpg
I am not sure what authority this link has, does this come from SIU directly or what?

What's the deal, you forget what topic you were going on about? And about 1/2 or better of your post of 10:42 is about your other thread you started, not this one. I'm going to report your posts the next time you go off topic like this. It's not fair to everyone else.

Edited by svines85, 08 December 2012 - 06:33 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts
svines, wrong on all accounts, and how tasteless of you to attack, accuse me, and threaten me in a off topic post like that. I will not reply to your accusations here any further since that is also off topic.(and I doubt it would do any good if you came to such irrational conclusions in the first place, and doing what you are falsely accusing me of, plus I am too busy and tired to deal with such BS)

Edited by truepurple, 08 December 2012 - 06:42 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
I think that's for the best.

Tn7HA0h.png

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
truepurple, you may not be aware of how your posts come across, but your post #12 did come across as off-topic...

This is a romance speculation thread, not a plot speculation thread, and Regardless of what plans one character or another may have, romance can still develop in spite of everything, so linking to your other thread was quite meaningless. I mean, a whole lot of stories have "At first I was just planning to use you but then I fell in love with you" plots, so saying that God Kubera is using Leez doesn't really tell us anything about future romance possibilities.

Currygom has stated in her Q&A after Part 1 that the core of the story is a romance story. And, although you may not be aware of it, she said in a blog post that in part two, God Kubera x Leez and Yuta x Leez will be neck to neck, though "the true winner will be Asha x Leez (not romantic), since Asha's the one closest to Leez." Certainly, Leez and God Kubera view each other as kids right now, but that's kind of a pointless argument because Leez will grow up soon enough.

Edited by Mizura, 08 December 2012 - 06:53 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
So, what? No harem option for Leez? I mean when you add in Ran you've got three potential suitors, right? With God Kubera, Yuta.......is three enough to qualify as a harem? Or is that a reverse-harem? I could root for that sort of romantic situation, though Leez might still be oblivious to them, I mean she still hasn't noticed Yuta yet, right?

Tn7HA0h.png

Ivy

Ivy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 154 posts

She's clarifying what's okay or not in fanworks. Among the things that are not okay, there's "things against social values", and she clarifies that homosexuality is Not in this category. I Think she's saying it's okay if fanworks have homosexual relations, as long as it's just friendship and not something more. Whatever that means. o,o But she asks people not to send her homosexual gift art. Especially, if two characters are clearly straight, she does not appreciate it when fans write them as homosexual. She also bans excessive violence and nudity. I only did a rough Google Translation though. Posts are harder to Google Translate because of the lack of context and longer sentences...

"Homosexual friendship"? :huh: I guess she feels uncomfortable with the topic, but I don't get what she was trying to say with that. Maybe a friendship with some hints of attaction but nothing else?

Anyways, I voted for Leez x someone else... just because I couldn't decide between Yuta and god Kubera. :P I support the harem option of svines, though. xD

Spoiler