Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Spoiler] Raws Discussion

raws

• Please log in to reply
469 replies to this topic

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts
Yeah, no, it is hard to explain why Chepesh is related to Lark unlike Carmilla ( whose connection to Lark can probably be the most easiest to explain.

I'm just gonna throw out some theory's...
- Lark is the reincarnation of Chepesh (and that can explain their a likeness if that is the case.)
- Chepesh was sealed inside of Lark, an innocent human boy, and would give more plot as to why Carmilla is in his dreams to try to make sure that Lark doesn't fall to the influence of Chepesh (in this case if that we're true then she kinda failed lol)
- Lark is the son of Chepesh (just throwing it out into the theory pot but I highly doubt that it is true)

To your left is a batch of cookies, and towards your right is a hall filled with doom. Which do you chose?

Kokai

Kokai

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, nowhere, somewhere and anywhere.

Yeah, no, it is hard to explain why Chepesh is related to Lark unlike Carmilla ( whose connection to Lark can probably be the most easiest to explain.

I'm just gonna throw out some theory's...
- Lark is the reincarnation of Chepesh (and that can explain their a likeness if that is the case.)
- Chepesh was sealed inside of Lark, an innocent human boy, and would give more plot as to why Carmilla is in his dreams to try to make sure that Lark doesn't fall to the influence of Chepesh (in this case if that we're true then she kinda failed lol)
- Lark is the son of Chepesh (just throwing it out into the theory pot but I highly doubt that it is true)

hmm how about chepesh looks like whoever's mind he appears in? kinda like god in fma. I don't think he can only appear in lark but maybe it was easier to appear in lark since lark was from the outside.
we musn't forget that chepesh is probably incredibly jealous of the vampires in crepuscule, since he and his followers likely perished. I wouldn't put it past him to interfere and trying to destroy the world from the inside...and with lark who is from the outside he may just have been given the necessary opportunity.
well lark being directly blood related to chepesh is impossible since it was stated by the author himself that humans and vampires cannot produce an offspring.

what is also possible that chepesh transferred his consciousness into lark where it lay dormant (giving lark his distinct red eyes) and waited until lark would eventually stumble into crepuscule. lark may not even be the first one chepesh tried this with and he may have been waiting there (the village lark is from, the "gate" to crepuscule is near there) to gain access...and wreak havoc.

carmilla appearing in lark's dreams...well we know she is fond of humans, she also knows that lark is human and normally shouldn't be in "her" world. as such she of course grew concerned with the boy.

well nothing more than conjecture anyway ^^

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

carmilla appearing in lark's dreams...well we know she is fond of humans, she also knows that lark is human and normally shouldn't be in "her" world. as such she of course grew concerned with the boy.

This, and also Lark's relationship with Angela,have always been how I've personally explained Carmilla and Larks dreams. Though yeah, now that we're being introduced to the Chepesh character there's a lot more possibilities that are now opening up.

And yeah Oceana, I really kinda like your "sealed" inside Lark thought for Chepesh, it would go a ways toward explaining the most troublesome detail that had been unexplained for Lark up to this point............his red eyes, that by every opinion in the story, shouldn't be able to exist in a human.

Tn7HA0h.png

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

This, and also Lark's relationship with Angela,have always been how I've personally explained Carmilla and Larks dreams. Though yeah, now that we're being introduced to the Chepesh character there's a lot more possibilities that are now opening up.

And yeah Oceana, I really kinda like your "sealed" inside Lark thought for Chepesh, it would go a ways toward explaining the most troublesome detail that had been unexplained for Lark up to this point............his red eyes, that by every opinion in the story, shouldn't be able to exist in a human.

Yeah - even if Chepesh is still able to travel and lay dormant in other peoples dreams/minds, we still have no accurate reason as to why Lark has red eyes.....

As the author said, having children between humans and vampires is known as impossible so that being said - Lark is not some weird hybrid human vampire mix. I would say he is a mutant like Carne and Sia, but I'm not really sure if the mutations have spread to the human world as well and not just in the world of Crepuscule. It seems apparent that the human world has not been affected by mutations (as far as I know of and remember) in fact, the humans have been practically unharmed unlike those in Crepuscule whose lives are growing shorter and shorter as new strange mutants are being born.

So that being stated, I could only explain the phenomena of Lark having red eyes with either his relationship to Chepesh (if there really is a relationship between them at all) or the case that Lark is a human mutant.

To your left is a batch of cookies, and towards your right is a hall filled with doom. Which do you chose?

Kokai

Kokai

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 602 posts
I agree with oceana, the probability that lark is a rare human mutant is actually the best explanation yet. (other than lark being half succubus/incubus)
if this special characteristic let chepesh possess him or let him be sealed inside lark, it would at least explain as to why lark has red eyes. I'm kinda reluctant on the sealed inside thing...probably since so many stories use it (sorry for my bias :( ) so I'm rather on the chepesh possessed him after birth wagon...I don't think there is one yet though.

well both explanations would make sense.

on another note: I noticed that crepuscule was supposed to be the paradise for vampires. maybe the shortened life spans and mutations (changes in the vampire race) are actually intentional? many of carmillas followers were fed up with the unchanging eternal life they had so it would actually make sense ( I hope :D ). of course another explanation I read somewhere was that their dimension could not properly sustain them, which is the cause of all the abnormalities.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
It's definitely debatable, but I personally have always discounted Lark being anything other than 100% human..........as far as physically I mean. There have just been too many of the top dog 1st generation characters who've gotten a sniff of him and concluded exactly that..........the kid's aaaaaall human. Plus the actual story has never really alluded to anything that would really put that in question.......except for the eyes.

That's why the "sealed" theory sounds so plausible to me I guess, it'd explain Lark being human and Chepesh still being around ........possibly having been hiding and waiting for the right time to show his hand. But no telling, we'll probably have to wait to know for sure.

Tn7HA0h.png

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

Lark's father died in a carriage accident two months before Lark was born, and then Lark's mother died of a seizure several weeks after his birth. After the death of both of his parents, Lark was left in the care of his mother's sister. Lark's foster parents treated the red-eyed boy as a monster who caused the death of his parents.

Well, that being said, Lark is most likely 100% human (Not that we couldn't figure that out or anything xD *very sarcastic*) I have this gut-wrenching feeling that, like I hypothesized before, that Lark is indeed a mutant. When you look at the majority of the main characters - a lot of them are in fact mutants (sorry the next bit of information is a bit of recap)...

Setz - Even though Setz's mother was dead for 500 years, her corpse didn't rot and as a baby in her womb he was still alive. When Setz was finally born, his mother's corpse instantly rotted. (this is debatable as to if Setz is a mutant, but the evidence he has is abnormal so I believe he is one)
Carne - Carne was discovered to be a mutant as soon as she was born. Her growth was abnormal, with her vampire wings growing prematurely.
Sia - Sia was born with his sensory system diminished, so a while after his birth, he was declared a mutant.
Neal - The concentric circles of Nirvana's eyes should not be possible if he was a child of two pureblood vampires, he also gained the ability to travel to a place unrelated to Crepuscule.

With this reaccuring theme, I could only come to think that Lark himself is a mutant. (please give your thoughts as to this)

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
ahhh, you mean a mutant human, not a hybrid with one of the other Crepuscule species, I see, could be. Though we really don't know of anything like that from the story........there was never a mention of it when the young Lark was being persecuted and shunned back in the human world. And seems like everything Angela covered when mutations were discussed had to do strictly with the world of Crepescule. But could be, we'll see I suppose.

Tn7HA0h.png

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

ahhh, you mean a mutant human, not a hybrid with one of the other Crepuscule species, I see, could be. Though we really don't know of anything like that from the story........there was never a mention of it when the young Lark was being persecuted and shunned back in the human world. And seems like everything Angela covered when mutations were discussed had to do strictly with the world of Crepescule. But could be, we'll see I suppose.

Lol, well I suppose it's a theory that has a lot more spine than those that many have mentioned once or twice before. Yes, when Angela was talking about mutants - she was specifically only talking about those in Crepuscule (and apparently it only happens to those related to vampires.)

Mutants are vampires born with genetic traits different from their parents. Vampires are considered an unchanging species. For there to be a change is akin to a miracle. But, for unknown reasons, the number of mutants being born in Crepuscule keeps increasing. It is believed by some, that the nature of the Crepuscule world is what is causing mutant vampires to be born.

I doubt they mentioned something like this for no discreet meaning, I mean it has helped the story progress. Plus, so far, the mutants are the main reason for most of the disastrous events around Lark.

Edited by oceana, 15 March 2013 - 11:28 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
MP released chapter 94

http://mangapirate.me/crepuscule/94/1/

And yeah Oceana, you're right, there are some pretty notable mutants who've played a big role so far..........the worst being Neil (or Nilvana as the MP chapters are calling him).......glad to see Setz finally telling him to take a hike.

And wow, that was really sad watching Angela's murder being confirmed............

Edited by svines85, 15 March 2013 - 07:03 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

NightmareXX

NightmareXX

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in your dreams ~
I feel like Chepesh and Lark seem to have a lot in common with Jack and Oz (pandora hearts)... Is it just me ? So maybe Lark is just Chepesh that went back to being a child for some obscur reasons and had his memory sealed away by carmilla who created a new personnality. She turned him into a human because he hated them and only his eye color didn't change...

Hououin Kyouma

Hououin Kyouma

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSouth of Italy, on my island Ischia.

I feel like Chepesh and Lark seem to have a lot in common with Jack and Oz (pandora hearts)... Is it just me ? So maybe Lark is just Chepesh that went back to being a child for some obscur reasons and had his memory sealed away by carmilla who created a new personnality. She turned him into a human because he hated them and only his eye color didn't change...

Honestly i was thinking exactly the same thing, cause Lark resembles Oz a lot but i think that their situations are identical is (I hope) impossible. It would be pure plagiarism.

Edited by Hououin Kyouma, 15 March 2013 - 09:02 PM.

Posted Image

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

Honestly i was thinking exactly the same thing, cause Lark resembles Oz a lot but that their situations are identical is (I hope) impossible. It would be pure plagiarism.

Yeah, if it turns out that that is true, I would be pretty sad. I know that this is the created from an Mangaka(s) (or what ever you call it) real first "professional" manhwa/webtoon. But still, as you said, that would basically be plagiarism and a copied idea from a really popular piece of work. Plus, this story has plenty of room to create a good scenario that is not from another mangas story.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
haha! yeah, I'd never realized just how much Lark and Oz looked like each other before someone pointed it out to me.......it's really striking when you see an image of Oz from the Pandora Hearts anime...........the color version compared to Lark in the color webtoon makes them look like twins

Tn7HA0h.png

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts
But the worst comparisons I have seen so far is how Lark looks like Naruto and Setz looks like Saske. Kind of makes you wonder how they even thought of that idea lol...

But seriously, when you put both Oz and Lark together, you can swear that there are twins omg xP I wonder if the authors read and/or watched Pandora Hearts...

Terizent

Terizent

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBehind You
There's a big difference between Lark/Tepes and Oz/Jack though. Lark willingly chooses to let Tepes give him power and possess him, but Oz doesn't really have a say in his situation.

But if Tepes turns out to be as much of a jackass Jack is, I hope he dies.
"Haha! But you're a good guy, right?" he chuckled.
Prologue---xiii

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

There's a big difference between Lark/Tepes and Oz/Jack though. Lark willingly chooses to let Tepes give him power and possess him, but Oz doesn't really have a say in his situation.

But if Tepes turns out to be as much of a jackass Jack is, I hope he dies.

Yeah your kind of right - plus I think their personalities also vary (Not to sure about how different Chepesh and Jack are from each other though lol)

Kokai

Kokai

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 602 posts
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=297795&no=102&weekday=mon newest chapter is out

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Wow, that was an action-packed chapter.......

Tn7HA0h.png

Arka

Arka

Potato

• Members
  • 159 posts
Ugh... so close to seeing what Tepes' real face looks like. Is it just me or do the tattoos look inverted in that picture?