Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Spoiler] Raws Discussion

raws

• Please log in to reply
469 replies to this topic

Kokai

Kokai

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, nowhere, somewhere and anywhere.
so lark doesn't seem possessed in that chapter....as far as I can guess....maybe it's like that things from spiderman 3 where spiderman get's all aggressive because of the symbiont?

Ariatha

Ariatha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationTexas
It seems that Setz gets depressed when he loses someone important but Lark goes kind of crazy. Not that anyone can blame him considering his past, but still. Whether he brought out Tepes or is using his power, Lark is probably in a fixed amount of trouble.

The power seems to have gone to his head. Either that or Lark just developed a split personality.

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

so lark doesn't seem possessed in that chapter....as far as I can guess....maybe it's like that things from spiderman 3 where spiderman get's all aggressive because of the symbiont?

I can see it more like Chepesh is corrupting Lark or something, or it could be like Spiderman 3 too.... lol

To your left is a batch of cookies, and towards your right is a hall filled with doom. Which do you chose?

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
I'm really curious to see chapter 95 and get Sere's thoughts from her brief meeting with Lark..........just to look at the pictures, she seemed really taken back from the few words he spoke, I'm looking forward to finding out what's going through her mind right then.

Tn7HA0h.png

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

I'm really curious to see chapter 95 and get Sere's thoughts from her brief meeting with Lark..........just to look at the pictures, she seemed really taken back from the few words he spoke, I'm looking forward to finding out what's going through her mind right then.

If I were Seere, I probably would have been taken by surprise by Lark's change of attitude too. When somebody has that big of a rift between how they normally act or how they used to act, then that may frighten some people. Also in the end of chapter 94 she noticed something strange emitting from Lark so she probably already has some thoughts that something may be wrong/admist with Lark.

To your left is a batch of cookies, and towards your right is a hall filled with doom. Which do you chose?

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
exactly, i'm interested in just how deep her intuition is or if it's "only" his sudden change in personality regarding Angela. Hopefully we'll find out soon.

Tn7HA0h.png

Kokai

Kokai

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 602 posts
did lark look up chepesh in the library? why would he? I mean he had the chance to ask him personally but he didn't.

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

did lark look up chepesh in the library? why would he? I mean he had the chance to ask him personally but he didn't.

When did Lark do that?

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
well, that's kinda what it looks like he's doing in today's Naver chapter.........hard to tell what's going on though without the dialogue

Tn7HA0h.png

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

well, that's kinda what it looks like he's doing in today's Naver chapter.........hard to tell what's going on though without the dialogue

Oh whoops, my mistake. I didn't even realize it was out on Naver yet (I just recently got back into Crepuscule)

I'm very confused now, I just really wanna know, if Lark is in control of himself or not? Is he is not, did Chepesh just wanna see what the historical books had to say about him or something??? (I am extremely confused lol)

EDIT: Did anyone notice how Lark now has the very tiny pupils in his eyes that are used to represent vampire eyes (as stated by the author in one of his author note/questions)

Edited by oceana, 17 March 2013 - 11:37 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
yeah, the whole "possessed or not" thing is hard (for me at least) to really make a decision on without reading it..........this title has always been hard for me to interpret from the Naver chapters because of all the dialogue.

Tn7HA0h.png

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

yeah, the whole "possessed or not" thing is hard (for me at least) to really make a decision on without reading it..........this title has always been hard for me to interpret from the Naver chapters because of all the dialogue.

Yep, most of the story, in my opinion, has to be interpreted by the dialogue - which makes up most of the story. So without the chapter/dialogue being translated makes it hard for practically most people to struggle and find the point the story is trying to get across.

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts
New translation is out!!!

http://www.mangareader.net/crepuscule/95

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Very cool, looked like Seere did sense more from Lark than just a disturbing personality change...........and I just can't seem to not hate Neal.

Tn7HA0h.png

Kokai

Kokai

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 602 posts

When did Lark do that?

when chepesh appeared before him in his dream, after he "took out" carmilla.  it would be chapter 93....nevermind though, I guess it was just a pointless observation.

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

Very cool, looked like Seere did sense more from Lark than just a disturbing personality change...........and I just can't seem to not hate Neal.

Normally I tend to like characters like Neal, but he just doesn't seem to be likable in that certain aspect

when chepesh appeared before him in his dream, after he "took out" carmilla.  it would be chapter 93....nevermind though, I guess it was just a pointless observation.

I thought you were talking about the most recent chapter on Naver. But after I looked back on ch 93 he wasn't really looking Chepesh up, he was just remembering what he learned (from probably history class)

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Normally I tend to like characters like Neal, but he just doesn't seem to be likable in that certain aspect

No argument here, you've got to have a certain amount of "bad guys" to make a drama work....but this particular one to me has really, really pushed the envelope. Applause to the author for creating such a truly, and totally,  detestable character.

Zero redeemable value and no real excuse except for being a demented, sadistic  monster apparently by nature............yup, the author's done a great job fostering dislike for him as far as I'm concerned.  

Tn7HA0h.png

Terizent

Terizent

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBehind You

I don't really like characters like Neal, who have a shitty personality coupled with a shitty childhood/backstory. It always seems that they try to justify their actions because they were gravely wronged in the past, which, I get, is a very sad sob story and all, but it comes off as whiny and extremely unlikable.

"Haha! But you're a good guy, right?" he chuckled.
Prologue---xiii

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

mmm, I've got to say, your description would be one I could at least empathize with and tolerate the character if it was the case.........with Neal I don't think there's ever been that kind of "I was done wrong or I wouldn't be such a scum bag"....kind of attempt at "justification".

My memory is just one of his being caged like an animal because he was indeed just that................ a wild, crazy animal, dangerous to all around him, a horrible mutant abomination that would have been destroyed if not for a valuable trait. Hard to find any cause for sympathy with him. And again, I think the author has gone out of their way to demonize his character. From happily, calculatingly  tormenting a troubled child to the point of what could be seen as suicide,  to  his gleefully  witnessing  a brutal murder and then using that to smugly blackmail the murderer, Neal is 100% scum in my opinion, no excuses or rationalizations to be found for his villainy. 

Tn7HA0h.png

oceana

oceana

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 471 posts

mmm, I've got to say, your description would be one I could at least empathize with and tolerate the character if it was the case.........with Neal I don't think there's ever been that kind of "I was done wrong or I wouldn't be such a scum bag"....kind of attempt at "justification".

My memory is just one of his being caged like an animal because he was indeed just that................ a wild, crazy animal, dangerous to all around him, a horrible mutant abomination that would have been destroyed if not for a valuable trait. Hard to find any cause for sympathy with him. And again, I think the author has gone out of their way to demonize his character. From happily, calculatingly  tormenting a troubled child to the point of what could be seen as suicide,  to  his gleefully  witnessing  a brutal murder and then using that to smugly blackmail the murderer, Neal is 100% scum in my opinion, no excuses or rationalizations to be found for his villainy. 

Yep, I have to completely agree with you on this one. Neal likes to play everyone's cards to make them feel miserable and utterly useless. I have to completely give credit to the author as well, I'm not one to hate characters like Neal - but he just is not ​ likable.

There are some evil characters in which they are either mischievous, have a really sad back story, are just plain insane, or they may be so epic, you gotta give them respect (lol or something like that). These characters I tend to like since they are fun for the plot and give the story a bit of zing.