Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

TYPE-MOON Discussions <<WARNING: SPOILERS>>

TYPE-MOON Carnival Phantasm Tsukihime Kara no Kyoukai FATE Melty Blood Mahou Tsukai no Yoru Nasuverse

• Please log in to reply
1291 replies to this topic

Gilver

Gilver

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 446 posts
  • LocationMt.Everest

lgRLY0v.jpg

Check out Shirou's deformed arm.

sigpic578_26.gif

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

Hahaha! The pictures did show the archer arm route so it may explain the deform armed at an odd angle.
Any idea of how this series is going to pan out? Do you think that it will end up as one of the 3 routes with its branches (good ending + best ending) or entirely different ending?

LuffyHaki

LuffyHaki

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationRaftel

When will this come out??

__kirito___sword_art_online___by_sven_we

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

If everything stays one track, it should be out in Fall 2014 in Japan.

LuffyHaki

LuffyHaki

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationRaftel

What route will it cover?? Or will it be a mix?

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

From what I heard, its a mix route again. If you look back a page there was some discussion on it.

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

thinking of getting into type-moon VNs... any tips on where to start?

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts

F/SN is the most accessible, so I'd recommend that. It also happens to be one of the longer ones, with three different routes and many, many bad endings.

Payout is worth it, though.

sig-1.png

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

thinking of getting into type-moon VNs... any tips on where to start?

Welcome vis bro! Hahaha, I generally recommend Tsukihime to get a feel of nasu's verse(certain types of fraction, supernatural creatues and such)  and his style of writing. Its also T-M's first visual novel created. Tsukihime is visual novel that has atmosphere centers more on slight-horror mystery, where the plot splits off into two routes, the main moon route (arcueid and ciel) and far side route (Akiha, Kohaku and Hisui). Starting Fate first, will probably make Tsukihime seem unappealing due to the low budget art and limited music composition. In my opinion, Tsukihime has a unique sense of style that I'm fond of due to nostalgia. Due to limited visual appeal (old blurry monochromatic photos as visual background), you tend to focus more on flow of nasu writing and have your imagination wander for the purpose of effectively setting the mood in Tsukihime.

Tsukihime probably has more sudden death scenarios and bad ends compare to Fate. So its quite a challenge to play.

However, keep in mind that T-M is currently doing a remake of Tsukihime for the ps vita? With new art concept designs and a possible Satsuki route, so if you are  person can't make due without pretty visuals then you might want to hold off Tsukihime. On the other hand, Tsukihime sequel "Tsukihime: kagetsu tohya" is wonderfully hilarious and quite fun. It leads up to the events in Melty Blood (fighting arcade type game), so I really recommend just playing Tsukihime without the wait.

Fate/stay night is a lot more user friendly and visually stunning compare to the Tsukihime. It's also a totally different genre that is a lot more action intensive with unique combat menu system encorporated into the visual novel. Instead of throwing you into the world, they ease you into some concepts of magus and sorcery. It also have some flight or death scenarios that gives off mystery much like Tsukihime. Tsukihime would need you finish main moon route before far side, and you must complete hisui and akiha before kohaku. Fate only has 3 main routes to the 3 main heroines, each route heftier than the next. They must be completed in order of fate=> unlimited blade works=> heaven's feel; the other set of options do not appear unless you fulfill some requiremment or  have already complete events in the first route that  leads to foreshadowing of the other routes. Another key difference between Tsukihime and Fate would be the transition in game experiences is a lot more smoother and methodological, they fully utilize sound effects and screen panning or zoom in/out to heighten the writing. Afterwards, Fate/Hollow Atarxia is a fandisk sequel which is much like Kagetsu Tohya with a lot of side minigames and such but It does have a plot element to the game and further exposure of character background .

T-M producer also found a way to encorporate their signature dead/bad ends with the aftermath comedy skit that hints where you might need to go back. In tsukihime, you will have "Teach me Ciel-sensei!!" (extra info, Chie sensei from Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni is a character parody of Ciel.) In Fate, you have a manzai duo featuring Taiga-dojo with Illya. There is more motivation to obtain all the bad/dead ends to Fate than Tsukihime because of the unlockable content. Besides the bad and dead ends, almost all type moon games will have each route has 2 endings (true and good). The only exception to that rule is Kohaku from Tsukihime. To be warned, both visual novels are quite time consuming. Fate/Stay Night was 80+ hours even with a walkthrough but its generally very engaging.  Tsukihime, I find its harder to tackle another route when you are done the main ones. Its also fustrating that you cannot enter a particular heroines route without going through the others but

NOTE: get the Fate/Stay night Réalta Nua version first, the extras touches is rewarding(seiyuu included).

Mahoutsukai no Yoru is the more recent visual novel by type moon and it takes place earlier than the events in Tsukihime. However, the english patch is done yet. I can't really give you much info.

If you have any other question, you know where to find me XD.Let me know about your thoughts in the game if you plan to play. I like hearing about them.

Edited by 「黑風影」, 16 February 2014 - 11:21 PM.

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

alright i'll try and read all that when i get home... XD

Glave

Glave

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationEverywhere in Nowhere

F/SN is the most accessible, so I'd recommend that. It also happens to be one of the longer ones, with three different routes and many, many bad endings.

Payout is worth it, though.

heh, i remember f/sn being my first vn. tried it because i heard it completely different than the anime. when i reach the intermission with kirei at the church where i need to choose to continue as a participating master in the war or not, i deliberately choose no out of curiosity just to see where would that lead me to.

the next thing i remember, i got my first bloody bad ending. it was traumatizing as shit. ;_;

Spoiler

LuffyHaki

LuffyHaki

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationRaftel

When I first watched F/sn I didn't even know it was a VN.... I remember by the time I found it out I had already watched the anime four times lol..., so yeah... playing it wasn't very exciting :(

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

heh, i remember f/sn being my first vn. tried it because i heard it completely different than the anime. when i reach the intermission with kirei at the church where i need to choose to continue as a participating master in the war or not, i deliberately choose no out of curiosity just to see where would that lead me to.

the next thing i remember, i got my first bloody bad ending. it was traumatizing as shit. ;_;

Ahhh that ending was nostalgic, nothing says welcome better the the few hours of game play to reach a bloody end XD Hahaha XD

Gotta love Kirie's church and that theme. Not sure if you were around when I ask this question but what was your most traumatizing dead/bad end?

When I first watched F/sn I didn't even know it was a VN.... I remember by the time I found it out I had already watched the anime four times lol..., so yeah... playing it wasn't very exciting :(

Sorry to hear about that. Also I personally prefer the VN since the anime got jack shit on the VN (the OST was redeeming though). Didn't you find it confusing to play? There should be a lot of elements that were merged in anime that didn't follow the visual novel  very well.

Edited by 「黑風影」, 16 February 2014 - 11:18 PM.

Glave

Glave

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationEverywhere in Nowhere

Ahhh that ending was nostalgic, nothing says welcome better the the few hours of game play to reach a bloody end XD Hahaha XD

Gotta love Kirie's church and that theme. Not sure if you were around when I ask this question but what was your most traumatizing dead/bad end?

the church intermission whether shirou be an active master or not. It was my first bad ending, and it actually lead to the scene where shirou got mutilated by berserker's dull blade, which result him still alive even after his internals were inside out.

too much for my first bad ending.

Spoiler

LuffyHaki

LuffyHaki

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationRaftel

Sorry to hear about that. Also I personally prefer the VN since the anime got jack shit on the VN (the OST was redeeming though). Didn't you find it confusing to play? There should be a lot of elements that were merged in anime that didn't follow the visual novel  very well.

Yeah... half the time I was like: "wtf, this wasn't on the anime... or wtf on the anime this happened before that...". The VS was definitely so much better and clear... things were explained a lot better imo. Like... I unterstood the series better reading the VN once than I did watching the anime four times lol

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

Woot! REJOICE PEOPLE!

Its finally out!(subbed)!! Kara no Kyoukai Mirai Fukuin! (SHIKKIIIIIIIIIIII)

http://utw.me/2014/03/08/kara-no-kyoukai-future-blessing-mirai-fukuin/

People who haven't checked out Kara no Kyoukai already should do so before watching the movie since its a direct sequel!

Edited by 「黑風影」, 10 March 2014 - 07:18 PM.

LightYami

LightYami

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • LocationSuomi/Finland, Tampere

Oh yeah, I have been waiting for this, can't wait to watch it on weekend ^^

''Do to others what you would wish to be done to you.''

My favourite song ^^

Blubbly

Blubbly

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationInside the rabbit hole.

Tried downloading the 3rd KnK film but sadly, it's taking a really long time to finish.  :( 
Is the latest KnK film part of the light novel as well?  

| MAL | 

YOUR DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT PIERCES THE HEAVENS! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM! 

tumblr_ljntvbbipq1qj3teco1_500_zpse7091a

Little Yuri

Little Yuri

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Locationempty home..

It has been out for a week! XD Loved the movie.

Watch KnK Extra Chorus too!

It contains the extra mangas. If you have time, read them too. It's quite different from the movie.

There are 3 chapters which are featured in Extra Chorus.

It's titled Feline, Daylight and Say Grace. Google it to read it :D

I love yuri...

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

Tried downloading the 3rd KnK film but sadly, it's taking a really long time to finish.  :( 
Is the latest KnK film part of the light novel as well?  

Yes, It is part of a light novel with the same name as the movie.

You can find some translation here <= it is under

Kara no Kyoukai Mirai Fukuin – recalled out summer

If you want the pdf files for all the light novels => BT

It has been out for a week! XD Loved the movie.

Watch KnK Extra Chorus too!

It contains the extra mangas. If you have time, read them too. It's quite different from the movie.

There are 3 chapters which are featured in Extra Chorus.

It's titled Feline, Daylight and Say Grace. Google it to read it :D

^like little yuri had said =D

If you read what UTW posted,  Extra Chorus will evetually be covered by the UTW staff. The date is not posted yet but it will be done. So those who want to wait for the full package can =)