Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

TYPE-MOON Discussions <<WARNING: SPOILERS>>

TYPE-MOON Carnival Phantasm Tsukihime Kara no Kyoukai FATE Melty Blood Mahou Tsukai no Yoru Nasuverse

• Please log in to reply
1291 replies to this topic

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

WELCOME TO THE GRAND OPENING OF TYPE-MOON THREAD!
Look NO FURTHER! THIS IS A THREAD THAT DEDICATES TO ALL OF NASU KINOKO AWESOMENESS! m(_ _)m
(For those of you whom do not know still, Type-MOON is the founder of all that is FATE, Tsukihime, Melty Blood, Kara no Kyoukai, etc.)

Anime/Manga/Visual Novels/ Games/ etc. Everything to do with Type-moon can be discussed here!
You don't need to be an expert in the Type-Moon world to join us =)

For those of you that have noticed, yes this is the old FATE Discussion thread.
Since Fate/Zero has ended and due to popular demand, We've decided to expand the FATE only verse to all of Natsuverse.
Even though we have already crossover and mesh the worlds many many times.

For those of you that have missed the FATE SERVANT CLASS Battle Polls. I'm terribly sorry that the poll for that event is now official close.
The results can be found here

====Dead since 12.05.2014=====

Fate/Zero Season II Boxset - Drama CD Track 1 translation here

03.25.2016 ninja to update pic and also tell people of below
Garden of Avalon Drama CD + OST out - The story of Authuria, Camelot and her Knights of the Round Table

kingarthur_zpsp55s9ae9.jpg

Edited by 「黑風影」, 25 March 2016 - 07:31 AM.

Angelo.

Angelo.

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • Locationsleeping on a cloud
i only saw fate zero unlimited movie! never saw the first anime season cause i thought it would end just like the movie.

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
Masta, YOU MUST need to play the visual novel game!!!
In my personal opinion, its so much better than the Unlimited Blade movie or the anime of fate stay night.
The anime of fate stay night pales in comparison to fate zero... even as a Type moon fag fan, I would say fate stay night anime is sub-par =\.
Before you ask, No, fate zero does NOT have a visual novel game. It has a novel and an audio CD.
But putting that aside, the anime series does not end like the movie.
Since both works are based off the visual novel game routes with 3 routes in total (not include the sequel fate/ hollow ataraxia)
Spoiler

This is unlike fate zero which only leads to one epic conclusion.
These 3 routes are interlinked with one another but leads to a different distinations/ 3 different possible outcomes.
if you have seen the movie, you should know that Rin's route does not lead to the creation of Archer.

Edited by 「豆釘 ~ 黑風影」, 19 April 2012 - 04:16 AM.

Soran Lioncore

Soran Lioncore

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationAt the Wall
whoa, I like this thread..since i am a fan of fate series.(I would not say I am a hardcore fan since I dont play the game. I only see anime)

I have a question to ask you, what is Fate/hollow ataraxia storyline, I read at wikipedia, and I dont understand a thing.
I also like you to explain what actually Avenger, I dont get much info about him..

Anyways, Berserker Lancelot rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In case you feel offended by me, please forgive me. I just have a bad sense of humor. Heh...

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
@ Sesaje:
Fate Hollow Ataraxia is almost like a paradoxical time dejavu loop, repeating of 4 days over and over again, creating unlimited amount of possiblities. Each time it repeats you unlock more to the actual mystery (as well as the fan service mini plots). No matter what happens at the end of the 4th day, it will always go back to the first.
Since the only reason why servants exist in the first place is through the power granted by the omnipotent Holy Grail. If they are in this world then there should be a Holy Grail War, there also has been strange occurances happening at fuyuki city...
As for Avenger:
Spoiler

Edited by 「豆釘 ~ 黑風影」, 19 April 2012 - 05:11 AM.

Hinanawi Tenshi

Hinanawi Tenshi

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationBatoto
The Fate shorts from Carnival Phantasm was better than the FSN anime.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Soran Lioncore

Soran Lioncore

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationAt the Wall

Spoiler

oh! Thank you for your explaination.

wait, theres fate prototype as i visit the web you give. hmmm, seemed interesting.

Edited by Finalle Souffle, 19 April 2012 - 06:19 AM.

In case you feel offended by me, please forgive me. I just have a bad sense of humor. Heh...

Hinanawi Tenshi

Hinanawi Tenshi

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationBatoto
http://myanimelist.net/anime/12565/Fate/Prototype
Prototype been turned to OVA(and been subbed), can't say much but it was an interesting insight to an older preception of what the creator of Fate had in mind.
Spoiler

Soran Lioncore

Soran Lioncore

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationAt the Wall
OWH.....its only 12 minute ova.

This one feel more dark than usual FSN,
I will be very HAPPY if they can make a full series, maybe after fate zero ends. who knows?

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
@Batoto: XD That I would have to agree :D Lion Saber~~~~ X3

@ Sesaje: Yes Fate Prototype is the orginal work of natsu as his main idea for a novel that was never completed. Its like a alternate retelling of the Fate story with the same concepts but entirely different situation (instead of classes they would use the seven angelic hierarchy;. Princes, Powers, Virtues, Dominions, Thrones, Cherubim, Seraphim)
Supposedly the role of shirou was played by a girl and saber as a guy as king authur inteaded to be, with natsu long time friend Takeuchi, they created the company TYPE MOON, to appeal to a wider fans base they altered the story so that it would be a visual novel type story=> thus main character is a guy instead...As batoto says, You can check out the OVA although it is pretty short and unsatisfying, it gives you a taste of whats it like.

Spoiler

Edited by 「豆釘 ~ 黑風影」, 19 April 2012 - 06:47 AM.

Hinanawi Tenshi

Hinanawi Tenshi

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationBatoto
Fate Prototype> FSN(Shiro you useless____)
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/12/29-1/fateprototype-to-be-animated-in-short
Always interesting to see how ideas flourish from their simple begining. In his case something he wrote in highschool.

Noticed anything?
Spoiler

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
Besides the awesome cast?

Hmmm.......

Soran Lioncore

Soran Lioncore

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationAt the Wall
Owh, now I get it, the yandere like character named Sajyou Manaka at the end of prototype seems to resemble female saber.
the female version of Shiro are most likely resemble Rin Tohsaka
Or it just me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

MezzoParody

MezzoParody

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 388 posts
This being the anime section, we'll mostly be talking about various anime adaptions here, yes? There was some discussion of F/SN in the visual novel thread (for obvious reasons), so I'll try not to repeat what I already wrote over there. But it's nice to see Fate get a thread of its own now. Of course, I won't be happy until each work in the Nasuverse has their own section, growing into an entire sub-forum, and eventually taking over Batato!!!Ahem.

Fate/Zero is amazing and makes me so happy I was born in this era. Also, Ufotable are now the only people I ever want making serious Nasuverse adaptions. Kara no Kyoukai, check. Fate/Zero, check. In a perfect world, they would then fix that mess DEEN created with F/SN. Then, Tsukihime.

The only thing that stood out to me about Fate/Prototype was that yet another of Nasu's early works starred a female protagonist. Sajou Ayaka, Aozaki Aoko, and Ryougi Shiki all came before Tohno or Emiya, and I actually find the three of them to be more interesting characters. Just makes me wonder if that's his preference or just a coincidence. Although the main character of Angel Notes was a guy, so maybe it's really just nothing. *shrug*

So is anyone else excited about Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya getting an adaption? It's a silly manga, but it manages to cater to my inner magical girl fan and my love of F/SN. I honestly couldn't ask for much more than that, especially now that I'll get to see it animated. I just hope they won't be too heavy handed with the gags. (Actually, that's my hope for the manga in general. The moment it looks like it's truly descended into mindless fan-service is the moment I give up on it.)

Oh yeah and...hi there! Thanks for making this thread! :)

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
I would need to see more of Fate Prototype to determine if its better than FSN (game) everything is better when you genderchange shirou to shiro-chan
Spoiler

Manaka Sajyou's character is more Illya than Saber but I could see where you are coming from.
Ayaka Sajyou looks nothing like her sister though XD
Ayaka can be seen somewhat as a tsundere, if you take off her glasses.... but not as mischievous or proud as Rin.

@MezzoParody: Hey =D Welcome ^_^
sorry about mentioning the game as well, hard not to connect the game and the anime. I tried to put as much spoiler tags as possible =\ Should I included warnings as well?
I personally wish there is just one giant forum under the entertainment sector called TYPE MOON :D and a Touhou one too on batoto but yes.
Yes ahem.

I totally agree on you there about Ufotable taking over most or all of Type moon works, they are absolutely gdlk O_O I hope they could deliver the same quality or even better in the coming years... no matter how much time they take on it (less time constrains = more awesome). DEEN totally made a mess for FSN, as for tsukihime... it was lacking but i still rather liked it. Especially the soundtrack :o *gasp* blasphemy I know but it was still better than FSN anime in my humble opinion.

Like I've said before, Even though the orginal natsu characters were more interesting, Type moon company would've have been as sucessful as it was if it wasn't for the gender change gear towards the visual novel market. You can see how low the budget is actually when you play Tsukihime the game. Prototype novel was actually never completed too. I'm just glad that both sides got presented to us fans =)

I actually never followed Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya... I feel unsettled when I watch a very good series become washed down to purely fan service.
I have fate HA for that =9 and Carnival phantasm (even though its by the same artist XD)
I tend to shy away from too much mahou shoujo ... unless its nanoha.

As for the topic, you would need to thank Katsuri / Katzilla and grumpy for making the anime section open, and convincing me to create this topic. I honestly thought I don't think I have enough knowledge of type moon to create the topic but I'm glad it turn out well ^_^

Edited by 「豆釘 ~ 黑風影」, 19 April 2012 - 08:15 AM.

Soran Lioncore

Soran Lioncore

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationAt the Wall
Okay, i get your point.

Right now, I waitin the epic battle between Iskander and Gil-dono, cant wait to see how Rider's Ionian Hetairoi will completely destroyed by Gil-dono's anti-world EX level Ea, which even Archer cant create

Enuma Elish!!!

Edited by Finalle Souffle, 19 April 2012 - 08:07 AM.

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts

The Fate shorts from Carnival Phantasm was better than the FSN anime.

Spoiler

Ahh, I freakin loved this mini-series. Some episodes went over my head, not reading Tsukihime yet, but other episodes were just hilrarious. I especially loved the Illiasvile special where the staff voice actors play a flash game of the chibi characters invading Illia's castle. Lance kept on dieing. xDD

As Taiga said in the last episode, "SEASON FO! SEASON FO!", but I doubt it'll ever happen. D:

sig-1.png

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩

Ahh, I freakin loved this mini-series. Some episodes went over my head, not reading Tsukihime yet, but other episodes were just hilrarious. I especially loved the Illiasvile special where the staff voice actors play a flash game of the chibi characters invading Illia's castle. Lance kept on dieing. xDD

As Taiga said in the last episode, "SEASON FO! SEASON FO!", but I doubt it'll ever happen. D:

Illya's Castle!! Is an actual mini game you can play in Fate Hollow Ataraxia =9 Notice the credits in game did not include assassin XD
I dunno there might be a season four, since at the end of the episode after the credits and ending song, Ahnen-Erbe had a phone call from the producers.
So I'm crossing my fingers on this one.
Just randomly wondering if any of you guys vote for the dating special ending on twitter?

Katzilla

Katzilla

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,097 posts
Wasn't the phone call thing just a reference to Fate Prototype? At least the name uttered suggested that.

sig-1.png

「黑風影」

「黑風影」

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 881 posts
  • Location孤單魂隨風蕩
I thought that at first but then again, I just feel so unsatisfied not knowing how the main date sequence went instead of harem. Plus, there are still a lot of material inside the manga take moon they did not cover in carnival phantasm. We will just have to wait and see.