Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Umi No Misaki: Latest Chapter Discussion

Umi no Misaki current chapter discussion spoilers

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationFormer Tenochtitlan

Let's see:

1. He might die from the maiden of the sea, if she throws him off the cliff into the sea.

2. The maiden of the wind couldn't throw him high enough into the air to hurt him (although Soyogi IS pretty badass, which is what I love about her).

3. The maiden of fire could push him into a fire, which,depending on the size of the fire, could could be trivial or royally suck.

The forgoing, by the way, is meant for humor, not serious speculation!

How about, being thrown off the cliff high enough, while being engulfed in flames into the sea?

Hwa_Ryun_showing_both_eyes.png

SwingPendulum

SwingPendulum

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Is the upcoming festival a test to see if Nagi is really the reincarnated Dragon God? I'm thinking the three shrine maidens might be distractions, and if he picks any of them instead of Rinne it proves that he's not and he will die.

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California

How about, being thrown off the cliff high enough, while being engulfed in flames into the sea?

Maybe that is what will happen if he chooses Rinne instead of one of the three, or if he goes for the harem?

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Is the upcoming festival a test to see if Nagi is really the reincarnated Dragon God? I'm thinking the three shrine maidens might be distractions, and if he picks any of them instead of Rinne it proves that he's not and he will die.

I suppose it's possible. Of course that'd mean a much darker story than we've had so far. I mean Oba told Nagi point blank "whatever you might think, we on this island are certain you are the dragon god.....got it?" very early on. I've never really thought there was anything manipulative or potentially malicious going on myself.

Tn7HA0h.png

omnipwnage

omnipwnage

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon

I suppose it's possible. Of course that'd mean a much darker story than we've had so far. I mean Oba told Nagi point blank "whatever you might think, we on this island are certain you are the dragon god.....got it?" very early on. I've never really thought there was anything manipulative or potentially malicious going on myself.

I've got to agree with svines; If they weren't 100% certain he was the Dragon God, they wouldn't have even let him be near the Cape Maidens in the first place. With the way that Karin foreshadowed, it's probably something specific to Shizuku; maybe the maidens have different trials? Or maybe it has to do with how devoted the Cape Maiden is towards the rituals?

Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 981 posts

Maybe that is what will happen if he chooses Rinne instead of one of the three, or if he goes for the harem?

Maybe that is what will happen if he picks any of them instead of Rinne, or if he doesn´t go for the harem.

I think that´s better :D

Of course that'd mean a much darker story than we've had so far.

It´s gonna happen.... Higurashi no Naku Koro ni v2.0

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

It´s gonna happen.... Higurashi no Naku Koro ni v2.0

Grisly murders............YIKES!!.......maybe, i'm not sure who to vote for to get wasted though, i kinda like nagi.......maybe Kisaragi sensei can be the sacrificial lamb........

Tn7HA0h.png

omnipwnage

omnipwnage

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon
If it's Higarashi 2.0, would that make Rinne Rika, and Shizuku Rena? That would be a bit creepy >_>

Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 981 posts
Oh boy! Nagi is screwed. Shizuku is gonna push him off the cliff. Soyogi might strangulate him. The poll should be: Which praying mantis is your favorite? I knew Rinne would be the heroin. Probably she had to double suicide with the Dragon God during her last life and now is back to save him.

Edited by Cloud Strife, 15 September 2012 - 04:53 PM.

omnipwnage

omnipwnage

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon
'Oh boy' indeed. Shizuku still seems pretty direct on following the rituals, seeing as how she had taken Nagi to that Rock not too long ago for their own ritual. The real irony that I see was that she actually jumped off that cliff in the beginning to save Nagi and that she might be doing the same pretty soon to do the opposite. As for Soyogi.. she seems pretty on the edge on whether she would do the ritual or run away with him. (Karin has already stated her own intentions on what she thinks of the rituals.)

So at this point the story will be ending soon regardless of the route, so which one do you think he'll go down?

Tio Alexander

Tio Alexander

Potato

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationUnknown
Shizuku might be Yandere. This manga is going to bad end?

Posted Image

The Legendary Amazing Takao's Boobs (open the spoiler or click here)
Spoiler

rockingoldensamurai

rockingoldensamurai

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
The Shizuku route has the most logical ending in terms of the plot, I mean he probalbly likes her the most and considering past events and the story's beginning it makes the most sense the author will end the story with her being the chosen maiden. I mean imagine if it ended with another maiden and has no relation to that unique beginning. I would say "what the f*ck!" but thats just me.

Gweemaren

Gweemaren

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
He needs to (A) figure out why Shizuku would want to kill him – he doesn't know what Karin knows; and (B) convince Shizuku not to.

Otherwise, he's going to end up like the Wicker Man.

Also, he might be able to change Shizuku's heart by getting her to be more open about her love of manga.

I do not think he's going to go the Karin or Soyogi routes. 1st girl wins. This isn't a case where one girl was introduced, and then another was a later love who supplanted her naturally. It's all been a very unnatural harem of sorts, and ripe for this sort of death by Cape Maiden plot. In a case like this, the hero doesn't do the easy thing and choose the girl who wouldn't sacrifice him; he'll know that Karin and Soyogi have already been changed, and he needs to find a way to save Shizuku's heart and personage too. Then, the manga might end with a Shizuku route, but more likely, it'll end open-endedly without him choosing between his three LOVES, even if Shizuku is the chosen Cape Maiden.

You don't go and tell someone, "don't choose x" and then have the character not choose x. It's schmuck bait, the Forbidden Fruit. Or rather, if this was Kami-sama's logic, then in video games, if you want to advance the plot, you always do either (A) what people tell you TO do, or (B) what they tell you NOT TO do. If they're speaking in the negative, then you have to disobey them. There's no plot otherwise. You've got to purposefully spring the trap.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Hah!! everybody got in trouble for talking plot on the front page of the manga........

There's no guarantee that this is all meant literally, it very well may be meant figuratively at this point in the islands history.....I mean, to think this is going to literally, openly result in people being sacrificed means everybody has to be in on it. Something tells me Nagi's dad isn't going to appreciate, or stay quiet about his son coming up wasted or "accidentally" drowned. Kisaragi sensei also. She's an outsider and is most likely going to draw a line at human sacrifice. After that.......well, I just don't see this turning into "that" sort of blood-bath, island wide conspiracy of sacrifice and murder that might be being hinted at. It'd pretty much be a total departure from everything we've seen till now.

No "bad ending", not like what's being talked about, I don't believe that for a second.

Tn7HA0h.png

Tio Alexander

Tio Alexander

Potato

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationUnknown

No "bad ending", not like what's being talked about, I don't believe that for a second.

That's what I believe when I started watching School Days.

Posted Image

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

That's what I believe when I started watching School Days.

Well, we'll see. Of course to compare School Days with Umi no Misaki seems like a pretty far stretch, I mean we're talking about a 12 chapter work compared to one with over 100 chapters of established plot and character development. To all of sudden shift after 100+ chapters from idyllic island romance/mystery/drama/comedy to horror/tragedy seems like a pretty far stretch to me. School Days had strong hints of "crazy woman present" in like the second or third chapter too. But we'll see...it'll just take time, patience....and more chapters.

speaking of which, who really sees this girl pulling off a murder/suicide???

Posted Image

Edited by svines85, 15 September 2012 - 01:11 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Aquinox

Aquinox

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Locationplanes of confusion
@svines

I do!
But then again, I like the "WTH?! O.o" moments.

And if we're already on the topic of plot switch - it's already been done!
I mean I did not expect that "she might kill you", nor was it clearly foreshadowed anywhere (obliquely - maybe - by Rinne's sorrow)

But if there is a bad-end and it is done well, then this manga would pbly. become 2nd place in my tops. (1st is Ai Yori Aoshi - I'm a sucker for romance)
There are two types of people in this world, good and bad. The good
sleep better, but the bad seem to enjoy the waking hours much more.
-- Woody Allen

Tio Alexander

Tio Alexander

Potato

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationUnknown
You know, we don't know if the most moe character actually is Yandere!

Orihime from Maga-Tsuki.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
:D we'll see.........

Posted Image

Tn7HA0h.png

omnipwnage

omnipwnage

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon
My only input on that is that Shizuku has been alone, for a very long time, and it may be put in that she 'will never be lonely' if she does the plunge with Nagi. (It should also be noted that Rinne's reason for 'reincarnation' might be to prevent the ritual from happening. Potentially.) Regardless, we should be getting some interesting chapters coming up.