Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[Spoiler] Tower of God Chapter Season 2 Chapter 4

Tower of Baam raw spoiler God Season 2

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Russet Potato

• tC Donator
  • 487 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Wow, thanks LaFa! :D Uh, so there will also be references to political situations, and to uh.... shoujo manga. Oooookay. xP
The fact that things will really start the next chapter gets me excited, but unfortunately that means waiting another week. Wah! But it's nice to know that yes, this test is ending this week, and they'll move onto the next section next week as opposed to just dealing with the aftermaths here.

Y'know, what Prince did here wasn't That stupid. If you stand no chance in hell, you might as well run around and delay... It also did a good job of distracting Baam from the girls. After all, moving targets are more eye-catching.... It said there in the text that only 50 seconds were left, so by the end there are probably just 20 seconds or so left.

Edit: fistofrage: normally the comparisons would annoy me too, but I think SIU is doing it on purpose here. As LaFa's summary suggested, SIU is making parodies of a number of Shounen manga, so the last bit is quite likely a reference to Susanoo...

It felt like more of a reference to Naruto's Six Tailed form instead of Susanoo to me.
Disclaimer: I'm often rude without realising it so try not to get too offended.

Murkel

Murkel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 401 posts

Spoiler
S.I.U. says that next chapter will be the real beginning of the story with more characters being introduced.
He also states that there is homage to old shounen mangas in the first chapters of the 2nd part.
As for the genre, he says that it'll differ from episode to episode(shounen, political, shoujo, etc..).

Oh man, I love SIU.
I guess the battle is over then. This might have been the longest fight in the manhwa so far.

Here is what happened: the prince threw sinshoo balls at Baam while being chased (grey/white balls) but they had no effect on him. Once he was cornered and ran out of those bombs, he used the other kind (blue/white balls), which are cheap and weak. Those apparently hurt him for some reason. My guess is the blue/white balls are "regular" bombs, as in they explode and deal physical damage.

fistsofrage

fistsofrage

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,596 posts

Spoiler
S.I.U. says that next chapter will be the real beginning of the story with more characters being introduced.
He also states that there is homage to old shounen mangas in the first chapters of the 2nd part.
As for the genre, he says that it'll differ from episode to episode(shounen, political, shoujo, etc..).

Oh man, I love SIU.
I guess the battle is over then. This might have been the longest fight in the manhwa so far.

Here is what happened: the prince threw sinshoo balls at Baam while being chased (grey/white balls) but they had no effect on him. Once he was cornered and ran out of those bombs, he used the other kind (blue/white balls), which are cheap and weak. Those apparently hurt him for some reason. My guess is the blue/white balls are "regular" bombs, as in they explode and deal physical damage.

Lol, ok, so the shinsoo bombs had no effect and Baam's guard went down. Makes sense that the real bombs hurt him then.

Edited by fistsofrage, 26 February 2012 - 03:57 PM.

Oscuro

Oscuro

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
Am I the only one, who thinks Baam's body dissolved and revealed nothing but a bloody spine?. His body is drawn so small in the last picture, I could swear only his head and hands remain!
I'd say this "thing" is just some artificial life or something like similiar to Ren's wooly container. True Baam might aswell don't apear in this season at all.

The pokeball thing is just a parody... a boy, who claims to became the best (champion/king) throws these balls to acomplish his goal, so don't comlain about "using stuff from other mangas/manhwas" please

Edited by Oscuro, 26 February 2012 - 04:00 PM.

ShinyCookie

ShinyCookie

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
I think the later poke balls were impure therefore hurt baam / longhair ~

maybe the shinsoo protects him like in the crown game ~~~ (if it's baam~)

Edited by ShinyCookie, 26 February 2012 - 04:02 PM.

aeonstorm

aeonstorm

Potato

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationEurope
i still think it was the red thing that hurt baam i mean in first season he was hit full on by an ignition weapon and that did less damage than what we are seeing now.

Gabs88

Gabs88

Russet Potato

• tC Donator
  • 378 posts
The red thing probably reacted with the balls somehow. Probably just lucked out in his choice of weapons

oxygen

oxygen

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts

i still think it was the red thing that hurt baam i mean in first season he was hit full on by an ignition weapon and that did less damage than what we are seeing now.

That ignition weapon hit Androssi's shield first, Baam got a small part of the impact. That being said I think that red thing is a parasite and it reacted to some substance in the "pokeball".

Naver.com

Naver.com

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea
The weak balls hurting Baam because of physical damage makes a lot of sense, since Baam has ridiculous shinsoo resistance the shinsoo ones would have more power in general but wouldn't leave a scratch on Baam but an ordinary bomb would just hurt him like any other guy.
But I don't get that red thing at all. It all happened so suddenly..

8ronte

8ronte

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 88 posts
  • LocationRight Behind You
Gah! So frustrating! Every chapter you think you are going to get answers to questions but instead you just end up with more questions! Oh SIU! You troll, you! :P

Edited by 8ronte, 26 February 2012 - 04:09 PM.

All hail The Soup!

HeroFromPoland

HeroFromPoland

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPoland
I think that "pokeball" not hurt baam he has for sure now some shinsso sheild
. Only that pseudo susanno used to sealed baam power from within. Stuff like that;p baam for sure he has now some shinsso sheild

Spoiler

I'm very curious about that, maybe Siu is going again some skip up time???

Edited by HeroFromPoland, 26 February 2012 - 04:13 PM.

fistsofrage

fistsofrage

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,596 posts
Well I assume Baam is controlling his blood in the last panel because there's no more blood on the floor when he uses it.

azrith

azrith

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

agree, as for me last pockeballs were smoke bombs, dealing no damage. prince himself was in range first time, but wasn't hurt at all. as for red thingy, i support controlling parasite version

fistsofrage

fistsofrage

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,596 posts
I'm glad Baam is a Battle oriented shinsoo user. I don't mind if he learns support shinsoo, but the Battle shinsoo is awesome.

And I think jumping to conclusions about special abilities at this point is too rash, it's better to assume the red shield is some type of shinsoo manipulation. I don't think an opponent like the prince could force Baam to use special techniques anyway.

I hope Baam does an overpowered move and takes out the Gray haired guy before the time runs out lol.

Edited by fistsofrage, 26 February 2012 - 04:14 PM.

aeonstorm

aeonstorm

Potato

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationEurope
so the bomb that caused that weird dmg was a smoke definitely suspicious any confirms on that?

babbo3d

babbo3d

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • Locationin the outer tower (failed on the first floor)

Besides not taking the full attack, that attack was also made purely out of shinsoo so baam's resistance lessen the damage, it probably doesn't work on real bombs.
Posted Image

Cricycle

Cricycle

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
The chapter looks good.

I find it odd that people call things from ToG by the names from outside ToG. Yes, the bombs looked like pokeballs. But they're still bombs, so you should call them "bombs" not "pokeballs".

Also, I see not enough resemblance to susanoo to merit so many comments. Seriously, the bombs actually looked like pokeballs. But this? There are definitely more than a few differences.

Different Look
-It's red.
-It is on his back
-It is small.

Different Functionality
-We don't know whether pseudo-baam controls it or not
-We don't know what made it appear (probably blood, so maybe we do know)
-We don't know why pseudo-baam has it (because he's irregular? because he's special? or something else?)

Whereas with the shinsoo bombs...they're a different color, and they don't hold pokemon. Pretty similar, even if the main functionality is different.

8ronte

8ronte

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 88 posts
  • LocationRight Behind You
Hmm parasite idea is, knowing how strange creatures/beings in the ToG world can be, entirely possible but part of me still thinks its more hard core if long-haired-bad-ass is controlling his own blood-shield-exoskeleton-thingy.

Knowing SIU, it will probably be neither of these things. XD
All hail The Soup!

azrith

azrith

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

so the bomb that caused that weird dmg was a smoke definitely suspicious any confirms on that?

floor around "Baam" after first explosion. we see the damaged area, destroyed by "Baam"'s fist, but the spot where he sits is fine. yes, his fug cloak is torn, but it can be torn, for example, by red thing that reacted on smoke

Antisolar

Antisolar

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationSanzu-no-kawa
Didn't think it was possible but actually, SIU disapointed me...
I mean, it's ok that Baam got hurt for some "unknown" reason. But how could his cloths be that damaged when other regular's cloths don't even have a scratch ? Baam's attack destroy ground and walls but not cloths... Yeah, I'am almost joking but I don't really like seing Baam and his cloths in such a state when the others are completely fine. Surprised by Baam's skill but still fine.

As for the exoskeleton which seem to be build on Baam's blood I don't think it's actually a parasite. I don't want Baam having some king of alien in him. I see it more like a automatic shield or maybe his next attack like others said.

Now where the hell is the blue wing of the big guy when Baam pop behing him ? The picture before it is there but it disapeared just after.

aoshik12.jpg