Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
605 replies to this topic

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Lol, Dal Dal reminds of this

Spoiler

Good job making that guy making defend himself but really? REALLY? He even makes boys blush? WTF??!! 

haha!! yeah, she is a pushy little thing, isn't she? :D

oh my gosh, seriously? wow, i didn't even notice that, i've got to go back and look at it again............that'd be kind of an unpleasant precedent. >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationFormer Tenochtitlan

haha!! yeah, she is a pushy little thing, isn't she? :D

oh my gosh, seriously? wow, i didn't even notice that, i've got to go back and look at it again............that'd be kind of an unpleasant precedent. >_<

Yup, he made him blush like a horny high school teenager. Lol, not even Moon Young or Lee Go Seul have blushed like that.

Hwa_Ryun_showing_both_eyes.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Yup, he made him blush like a horny high school teenager. Lol, not even Moon Young or Lee Go Seul have blushed like that.

Haha!! oh yeah, i went back and looked, couldn't help myself.............yup, a new member of Jae Gu's harem. :D

pretty surprising actually, in my experience you just don't see hardly any even light-hearted yaoi (or yuri either for that matter) type content in the Korean works...........especially if compared to Japanese manga. 

Tn7HA0h.png

Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 981 posts

Haha!! oh yeah, i went back and looked, couldn't help myself.............yup, a new member of Jae Gu's harem. :D

pretty surprising actually, in my experience you just don't see hardly any even light-hearted yaoi (or yuri either for that matter) type content in the Korean works...........especially if compared to Japanese manga. 

Awkward moment...  Well, it was pretty subtle cuz you didn´t notice it the first time.  In the other hand we have seen several moments in this manwha and Tower of God when the author trolls the readers about the gender of the characters. You don´t see that much in western comics.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Awkward moment...  Well, it was pretty subtle cuz you didn´t notice it the first time.  In the other hand we have seen several moments in this manwha and Tower of God when the author trolls the readers about the gender of the characters. You don´t see that much in western comics.

ah yeah, I wouldn't have even a guess as compared to Western comics (or what, they call them "graphic novels" these days don't they?)...........my experience with Western comics (other than the funny pages in the newspaper of course) probably ended with spider man and that around 35 years ago :D

And yeah, I agree it was subtle and not at all "serious"............just more of a joke I guess. And sure, the Korean authors seem to just looooove androgynous/ambiguous gender characters...........but any hints or actual homosexuality, either serious or "just jokes"? Very rare in my experience with Korean manhwa, either traditional printed or online webtoons. I've always assumed it was just one of those "cultural" type differences between Korea and Japan...........for the most part the Japanese authors don't have a problem with it, the Korean seem like they probably do.

Of course I might be being unfair or just plain wrong too, after all there's an awful lot more scanlated  Japanese works to see as compared to Korean.  

Tn7HA0h.png

Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 981 posts

ah yeah, I wouldn't have even a guess as compared to Western comics (or what, they call them "graphic novels" these days don't they?)...........my experience with Western comics (other than the funny pages in the newspaper of course) probably ended with spider man and that around 35 years ago :D

And yeah, I agree it was subtle and not at all "serious"............just more of a joke I guess. And sure, the Korean authors seem to just looooove androgynous/ambiguous gender characters...........but any hints or actual homosexuality, either serious or "just jokes"? Very rare in my experience with Korean manhwa, either traditional printed or online webtoons. I've always assumed it was just one of those "cultural" type differences between Korea and Japan...........for the most part the Japanese authors don't have a problem with it, the Korean seem like they probably do.

Of course I might be being unfair or just plain wrong too, after all there's an awful lot more scanlated  Japanese works to see as compared to Korean.  

I actually have some experience with comics and graphic novels. Mostly Frank Miller´s 300 and Sin City(good stuff). Star Wars novels and graphic novels :D.Some DC and Marvel comics stories. And I assure that if you see a girl, you freaking know it is a girl!

Only Korean authors? Japanese are the same if not worst :D. I haven´t read that many manhwas or webtoons, actually like than 10. So I really don´t know about that the yaoi part

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Oh yeah, I guess the difference I see is that the Japanese works actually "embrace" the androgynous characters...........we all know there's plenty of  manga with boys dressed as girls. I guess the difference I see is in the manga there's no mystery, this is a guy dressed as a girl and all the boys want to bang the cute little crossdressing  her/him. And that's saying nothing about outright yaoi and yuri works. 

In the manhwa that's neeeeeever the case..........yeah, there might be some mystery as to gender, but you'll almost never, ever see it go beyond that in Korean works. No, no, no hints of anything remotely homosexual hardly ever. And no outright yaoi or yuri Korean works have I ever seen. 

That's all, just an interesting cultural thing it seems to me. 

Edited by svines85, 14 July 2013 - 07:56 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Hellspawn120

Hellspawn120

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationIn the closet :3

I expected moon-young to beat the shit out of them but this development is still fine ;) !!!

Hoodsome

Hoodsome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationGuadalcanal, Solomon Islands

Are you guys still reading this?

sm31

sm31

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
I'm still reading but not quite sure why.

Maybe its to see just how many chapters they can produce without advancing any significant plot lines.
At this point I think I'd have re-read the whole thing just to recall what they are... And that ain't happening.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I'm still reading but not quite sure why.

Maybe its to see just how many chapters they can produce without advancing any significant plot lines.
At this point I think I'd have re-read the whole thing just to recall what they are... And that ain't happening.

mmmm, yup, we're kinda in the same boat.......it's just not the story it was when it began. Though I'll say I'd reread it, but only up to Jae Gu's overcoming the (original) bully part.

I think that's around where the author (as things seem to me)  seemed to essentially run out of the original story line they'd started with. I personally think everything since then is them just winging it. To me the differences from the "before/after" are just too stark to be anything else.  :)

Tn7HA0h.png

sm31

sm31

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
Exactly! I thoroughly enjoyed the first 90 chapters or so. But I'm confused because I thought all good authors built a comprehensive outline of the major plot points prior to the first issue. My only other guess is this manga has seen some unprecedented popularity and now the author is trying to "squeeze" the story for all it's worth.

Squeeze away & watch those ratings continue to drop...

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Exactly! I thoroughly enjoyed the first 90 chapters or so. But I'm confused because I thought all good authors built a comprehensive outline of the major plot points prior to the first issue. My only other guess is this manga has seen some unprecedented popularity and now the author is trying to "squeeze" the story for all it's worth.

Well yeah, I'm sure they did.............it's just that I think that outline probably ran out at around 50-ish chapters or so. That's essentially when JaeGu overcame what they'd used to symbolize (symbolically and literally I suppose) his difficulties in life, the red-headed bully........it's also when the story basically abandoned his day-to-day life (i.e. his siblings and his struggle just to live)  and became a succession of action scenes or cutsie-pie comedy routines. >_<

Oh well, it is what it is.............and I'm admittedly a pretty harsh critic too. It's not that I don't like mindless action/violence or idiotic humor, but I mainly enjoy serious story lines and will call BS in a heartbeat if I think something that used to be serious (or make sense in the case of complex stories) all of a sudden isn't as serious or making sense anymore. :)

Tn7HA0h.png

sm31

sm31

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts

Hoodsome

Hoodsome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 444 posts

Have you read the current chapter? He is still the same wuss that we used to know.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Have you read the current chapter? He is still the same wuss that we used to know.

He certainly looked pretty pathetic, I mean that had "cowering in fear" written all over it.............but don't forget he's also under the strict school rule of not fighting outside of events. So yeah, you could make at least some argument he couldn't just beat the guy to death right off the bat without at least making some effort to diffuse the situation without violence. 

Tn7HA0h.png

Hoodsome

Hoodsome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 444 posts

Fight fire with fire.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

http://mngacow.com/Girls-Of-The-Wilds/120/?all .......hahhhhh. to me this has really gotten boring. I was never really reading this for a "fighting only" story.  >_<

and now even the red-headed bully boy is a comedy character??!! That's just ridiculous.   O_o

Spoiler

Tn7HA0h.png

Hoodsome

Hoodsome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 444 posts

I ask myself why am I still even reading this o_O

sm31

sm31

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
In my case the update is sitting out there, I'm caught up on my other follows, & mainly I guess its a vain hope things will improve because I legitimately enjoyed the first 60+,chapters.

...but after each disappointing session I end up asking myself the same question. I bet its been like 25 times now. Im so pathetic...