Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Latest Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
605 replies to this topic

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

I ask myself why am I still even reading this o_O

In my case the update is sitting out there, I'm caught up on my other follows, & mainly I guess its a vain hope things will improve because I legitimately enjoyed the first 60+,chapters.

...but after each disappointing session I end up asking myself the same question. I bet its been like 25 times now. Im so pathetic...

well, at the least we can all take heart in that we're not alone..........I mean it is the top webtoon on Naver for the day it's released (for whatever reason  :D )

Tn7HA0h.png

Hoodsome

Hoodsome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationGuadalcanal, Solomon Islands

I'm also wondering, is this acceptable for the Korean readers? If kim jung un reads this he might push the nuke button. :(

Edited by HoodSome, 14 January 2014 - 05:13 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I'm also wondering, is this acceptable for the Korean readers? If kim jung un reads this he might push the nuke button. :(

Well, I think the crux of the matter is that this story originally had appeal to (at least) two different types of readers. One being those who enjoy action/fighting type stories,  and the other being those who's interests lie more in story content (i.e. our characters backgrounds, day to day lives, and the relationships of the characters in the story being presented).

Originally, I found this to be a very, very good drama/slice of life story centered on the trials and tribulations of our MC,  with the Wild's High/fighting/bullying as a back drop to that story. Frankly though, I remember even now how in the earlier times of its scanlations how the complaints would just roll in about how boring it was whenever there wasn't any action. 

At this point, it seems like things have just evolved into the action/fighting actually having taken over as the main thrust of the story, and now our characters and their relationships/lives are a back drop to that. 

So, yeah, now all those who were really reading this for the fighting and action are getting just what they had wanted all along.

But whatever, I understand, if the authors are having success with what they're giving people, why would they change? It's their business, lots of people like it the way it is right now, more power to them as far as I'm concerned...............of course that doesn't mean necessarily have to keep reading it either.   :D

Edited by svines85, 14 January 2014 - 07:50 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

sm31

sm31

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts
Seems these sorts of stories could be victims of their own popularity. In the end, it's business but I can see how the author(s) would squeeze a popular story until it is a worthless piece of comic art... devoid of all entertainment value. I definitely respect those authors who have the courage to wrap up their popular stories in an appropriate manner. Orange Marmalade comes to mind. Nicely done there.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

mangacow released ch 126... http://mngacow.com/Girls-Of-The-Wilds/126/?all#top

Tn7HA0h.png

Satanic Hamster

Satanic Hamster

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts

I ask myself why am I still even reading this o_O

I suppose it might help to ask yourself, "What do you think this webtoon is?"

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I suppose it might help to ask yourself, "What do you think this webtoon is?"

I guess I think of it as one I used to think had a good story that has turned into one that just repetitiously repeats the same cycle of introducing a bullied character and then shows the bullies getting "put in their place" over and over...........and I just keep reading it out of habit and the hope we'll eventually go back to the original story-line and character interactions. 

By the way, mangacow says they'll probably release ch 127 later today. 

Tn7HA0h.png

Satanic Hamster

Satanic Hamster

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts

Well, the thing about webtoons is that they're not bound any demographic labels like Japanese manga. The authors are free to write whatever they want. However, since a lot readers seem to seem to view webtoons from more Japanese point of view, it might actually be a little misleading. For example, I've seen people label this as "Harem" but after reading this for a while, I feel it is more a look Korean style melodrama with that mixes stuff from high school drama, sports, romance, and martial arts genres. It really doesn't feel a pure martial story but then again, I don't that's what the author really writing about.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

mangacow released the current chapter if anyone's interested......... http://mngacow.com/Girls-Of-The-Wilds/127/?all

Tn7HA0h.png

xscraid

xscraid

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

I get it that this is fiction and all..But most fiction do have like some idea to mind of the society it is based on. I don't understand this bullying crap, why do it and why they push the guy so far?. Is this a korean thing? Maybe because my culture is different, fyi if someone do this crap to me. They'll get a knife to the gut, so what if they are 5 or 6 peoples. Living like a piece a shit, you are better off dead. But that just me..

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I get it that this is fiction and all..But most fiction do have like some idea to mind of the society it is based on. I don't understand this bullying crap, why do it and why they push the guy so far?. Is this a korean thing? Maybe because my culture is different, fyi if someone do this crap to me. They'll get a knife to the gut, so what if they are 5 or 6 peoples. Living like a piece a shit, you are better off dead. But that just me..

Well, I guess I think bullying, in some form and to some degree, probably exists in every culture. Humans are just that kind of animal, it's in our nature (some of us at least, as unfortunate as that is).

But I agree with you, especially in the Korean webtoons with school life themes, bullying is a very, very commonly used story element. I suppose as you said, it's a theme that resonates with the culture it's being aimed at/marketed to. 

Tn7HA0h.png

sircebba

sircebba

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts

well because jaegu"s been kicked out of his shitty place, i wish Queen will take him in, and from there i think that will be a very interesting story, Go Queen! 

Edited by sircebba, 16 June 2014 - 07:37 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

today's new Naver chapter is out on mangacow if anyone else is interested.....

http://mngacow.com/Girls-Of-The-Wilds/140/?all#top

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Well, I'll just say that today's chapter was the first thing I've read completely on the Line Webtoon site. It was good work, at least in the case of this title/chapter..........though the story is just totally lame at this point.

I can't believe how it's deteriorated since it started. What a shame, it's the classic example in serial works, one that became popular enough to incite the author to start padding to keep it going. It frankly hasn't been the same story since around chapter 40-50 or so, it's been like a completely different work since then.   >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

LostLight

LostLight

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts

Pretty sure alot of people know this but :http://m.webtoons.com/episodeList?titleNo=93

So far its up to 146 ENG and I'm pissed at Jae Gu Song...he's losing his harem one by one because he's so damn DENSE!!! Just read and try to not be furious.

Edited by LostLight, 22 July 2014 - 10:04 PM.

Eternal Refrain.FirstSight.CondemnedLight.UnforgivenLight.

"When the world burns only hope remains."

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Well, I think the crux of the matter is that this story originally had appeal to (at least) two different types of readers. One being those who enjoy action/fighting type stories,  and the other being those who's interests lie more in story content (i.e. our characters backgrounds, day to day lives, and the relationships of the characters in the story being presented).

Originally, I found this to be a very, very good drama/slice of life story centered on the trials and tribulations of our MC,  with the Wild's High/fighting/bullying as a back drop to that story. Frankly though, I remember even now how in the earlier times of its scanlations how the complaints would just roll in about how boring it was whenever there wasn't any action. 

HUH! When you describe it that way, I realize that the reason I lost interest in GotW is pretty much the same as why I lost interest in Noblesse. In the beginning, both centered on interesting characters and their daily lives, but eventually they settled into repetitive action patterns. Reading such occurrences once or twice didn't bother me, but after a while it just got really boring.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

HUH! When you describe it that way, I realize that the reason I lost interest in GotW is pretty much the same as why I lost interest in Noblesse. In the beginning, both centered on interesting characters and their daily lives, but eventually they settled into repetitive action patterns. Reading such occurrences once or twice didn't bother me, but after a while it just got really boring.

Yeah, it happens. Many are the stories I've liked a lot in the earlier stages only to have them evolve into something I didn't like after a certain point. Oh well, you really can't blame the author if it's still selling  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

LostLight

LostLight

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts

Honestly kinda glad Hun didn't turn it to a darker route.

i mean good looking boy desperately needing money in a city...

Yeah glad its still a (somewhat) light hearted webtoon.

Sorry if its random and nothing to do with the newest chapter. Just a sigh of relief moment.

Eternal Refrain.FirstSight.CondemnedLight.UnforgivenLight.

"When the world burns only hope remains."

subliminal

subliminal

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUK....probably.

Naver's release quality is dire 

Shame this used to be faily good.

Nightdragon

Nightdragon

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts

lets hope this stay's light hearted cause i would seriously hate it to get dark...