Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

DANMACHI

1000 years ago the gods descended from the heavens. Or some of them did anyway. More have come since. I think we have most of them here now. Personally I'm surprised it took them that long to move in. If I was making a house as awesome as 'The Planet' you bet your sweet ass I'd be living in it. Anyway, that's besides the point. The point is this. The gods are real. The gods are among us. The gods are bored.

And that's where humanity comes in. Plus a wide variety of other species including hobbits and cat-folk and stuff but it'll take way too long to list them all everytime so 'humanity' will have to suffice as something of a catch-all term.

So, 'Humanity' is the very reason the gods decided to descend down to the planet in the first place. They lived up in the heavens being all immortal, unchanging and all-powerful looking down at the puny rabble that is humanity as they potter around and live their lives. They saw the rise and fall of civilizations, blah-de-blah, etcetera, etcetera. All that drama that comes from being part of humanity. And as they watched they took a look around and realized that everything in the heavens never changed at all and was incredibly boring by comparison. So down they came. And now they have a whole new batch of toys to play with. Humanity.

The gods can bless humanity. And through doing so they bring that person into their Familia. They give them the ability to become more than what they are. The ability to raise their status and become stronger. In exchange the Familia usually works for their god or goddess by delving deep into the dungeon for loot. These are known as exploration type Familia's. There are others type though, like the business type who run shops, industrial type who create goods, weapons or armour, medicinal types create potions and antidotes, and there are even Familia that wish to create their own nations. It all depends on what their god wants.

Oh, I mentioned the dungeon didn't I? The seemingly endless labyrinth of dungeons underneath The Towel of Babel? Right in the center of Orario? Orario ringing any bells? Biggest city in the world and stuff. The dungeon makes monsters? Come on, I'm sure I mentioned this. About how people go into it to get stronger by fighting the creatures that it spawns. And all the riches that can be found within. The fame and glory. I know I mentioned all of that before. Definitely. You don't need another explanation. I'll just skip it. It's fine. Don't worry about it.

History is done. Class is over. Go home.

Sensei is going for a drink.

Character Sheet:

Spoiler

So, about that Status:

Spoiler

Places:

Spoiler

People:

Spoiler

Info:

Spoiler

Creatures of the Dungeon:

Spoiler

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 27 January 2016 - 05:59 PM.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

I'm such a good influence, will get to work on something.

\0/

So the skills will be something the god (you) will determine, just like the series, eh? From the looks of cs as its now, we can choose a basic skill or whatever to start off with and then you'll give us our skills from then on?

If so, that'll make shit easier (for us rofl).

Edited by I-Am-X, 03 January 2016 - 04:52 PM.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Okay. Just messed around looking at stat points and starting numbers and stuff. I think 300 points as your base gives a nice spread for a starting character. So I've added it in.

And yeah, X. I'll come up with the skills and such. Trying to keep it as simple as possible for the players. If you have ideas of the sorts of things you want to get though feel free to mention it. Also, everybody can start with a skill if they want. They can be the unique thing about your character or something. You can come up with those. Obviously I'll have to decide the limits on them though. >.<

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 03 January 2016 - 05:04 PM.

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

To keep the balls rolling~

Spoiler

Edited by Faye, 04 January 2016 - 04:53 PM.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Looks good so far. :3

I always like the inclusion of Norse gods into stuff. Hel is cool.

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 03 January 2016 - 05:09 PM.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

I don't like messing with the CS once it's up, but I went ahead and did it a little anyway. Not much. I just added an 'Inventory' section at the bottom. So for anyone that's started a CS before I added that, you'll want to add that. Unless you don't plan of owning anything and/or having money.

Oh, also, I added some more stuff too.

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 03 January 2016 - 07:02 PM.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Do we start off with a basic/noob weapons or we'll have to wait until you judge our starting Valis total from our Familia/Bio and then buy noob weapons?

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Apparently the Guild gives new adventurers free basic gear. So you can start with that tier of stuff. It doesn't have to be from the Guild if you don't want it to be though. You can have a weapon of your choice (If you go for dual knives or sword and board the set will count as one item for this.) and free armour.

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 03 January 2016 - 07:34 PM.

Sir Flash™

Sir Flash™

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationGaming & Streaming

When I saw this, I was instantly interested!! Will work on my guy/gal tomorrow after my birthday is over ^_^.

Musician King's SoundCloud: 

p4dJLo8.gif

SON, NIC, SHAKES!!

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

My CS

Spoiler

Spoiler

Well, that should do it. I kept things vague (well mainly the name of the clan she belonged to because I really couldn't think of a name LOL) and hinted at several potential plot points should you ever choose to use them (her clan and the fact that they might've been lead by a god, like a shady/unknown familia, though its never been proven and thus a rumor) and the fact there's some that might be holding some kind of grudge/hatred of her in the familia and what not. Hopefully it's acceptable.

Boy do I hate writing bios/backstories. As for her personality, I felt it would be better to show off during the RP because tbh writing that down along with other crap just restricts what you're able to do and characters can easily change and act differently. But I will say that she'd be extremely loyal to her god and familia name (defending its honor and shittt) and might be a bit wild.

Edited by I-Am-X, 04 January 2016 - 04:23 PM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Fatal Blood

Fatal Blood

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTamriel
Spoiler

Edited by Fatal Blood, 06 January 2016 - 11:25 PM.

If it ain`t broke... go back and rob it again.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

@X: I appreciate the few plot points left dangling. As I was reading it was like. 'I CAN USE THIS!' So that's always a good thing. Maybe I can wrap you up in the plot in some way because of that. I have a vague plot planned and I do always like to try and give people a reason to be involved in the main plot. You've done a good job of leaving some things vague. I like it. Accepted. You start with 3000 Valis.

@Fatal Blood: Nice to see you about on the batotos again man. And that all looks good so far. :3

Khrazy_one

Khrazy_one

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • LocationNecromancer until the very end. Goodbye everyone ^___^/

I like this. I like it a lot. It'd be interesting to see how you guys make another arc for the Danmachi series.

[tears of joy]

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

@X: I appreciate the few plot points left dangling. As I was reading it was like. 'I CAN USE THIS!' So that's always a good thing. Maybe I can wrap you up in the plot in some way because of that. I have a vague plot planned and I do always like to try and give people a reason to be involved in the main plot. You've done a good job of leaving some things vague. I like it. Accepted. You start with 3000 Valis.

@Fatal Blood: Nice to see you about on the batotos again man. And that all looks good so far. :3

Haha, I wasn't sure at first, I was seriously drawing some serious blanks regarding the bio but then I I remembered the kind of things Kitsunes were known for then went from there. Originally the part regarding Inari's familia I had was going to be in the dungeon, but then I remembered, God's aren't really allowed/shouldn't be in the dungeon and such. Then I was like fuck it, lets have it outside the capital. But I'm glad you liked it enough to give me 3000 Valis!

image.jpg

By the way joker, since you accepted, I'm assuming my skill is good. Anywho, regarding the skill, how much of an increase/decrease in stat points would it be to start off with at the current rank? just curious so I can put it in with the skill. =p

I like this. I like it a lot. It'd be interesting to see how you guys make another arc for the Danmachi series.

[tears of joy]

Woa woa woa, this even brought khrazy out? You know you dun good when you get him to post in your rps.

And hell ya, first accepted.

Edited by I-Am-X, 04 January 2016 - 06:08 AM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Khrazy_one

Khrazy_one

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • LocationNecromancer until the very end. Goodbye everyone ^___^/

Hahaha! I'm considered legendary now?

Well it is true that I've never posted in this part of Batoto before. I mostly just read what you RPers are up to and get quite the kick out of it. 

-Nekonomicon

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

I mostly just read what you RPers are up to and get quite the kick out of it.

We're very super-famous, super-famous.

jjjjjjjjjjjjj_zpsdjoqjgwi.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Visitor

Visitor

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Location--

I'm only joining this RP to save up 800,000 Valis so I can buy a house.

x.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

Super exciting skill talk for X! :3

Spoiler

@Visitor: Haha! Man that gave me a fun idea. About the Familia of the god of poverty, trying to save up enough money to finally get him a roof over his head. They can just never manage to keep hold of money somehow.

@Everyone: Nice to see people are doing stuff and whatever. :3 I'll be adding more stuff to the first post thing today. Maybe I'll come up with some little CS's for a few Gods/Goddesses and stuff.

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 04 January 2016 - 02:28 PM.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Super exciting skill talk for X! :3

Spoiler

rofl sorry about man.

Ratios are indeed quite the headache.

would a 1:1 ratio entail essentially moving all stats into a single stat? 2:1 being half or so?

ugh, created a potentially powerful skill but simply calculating the returns each time will give me an aneurysm.

Damn I hate math.

Wish I can think of a potentially powerful skill that wont involve much math/effort lol

Well, I'll try to think of another skill or just decide to not going with a starting skill.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

The ratios are not so hard really. 2:1 would be 1 point for every 2 you spend. So half, yeah. 5:1 is one fifth. I just used the calculator on google to divide stats by 5 and see how much points you'd get from it. So like 50 Endurance divided by 5 is 10. So you get 10 points in whatever you move it to.

Still, yeah, maybe it's more hassle that you want to go through when trying to punch something in the face. I'll leave it up to you.