Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

Juro

Juro

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationManila

Not familiar with the series and the wiki didn't really answer my question. I was just wondering, how does magic work here? The manga mentioned that the protagonist only has a single spell but his stats are incredibly high. I was wondering how that would work out?

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

My CS

Spoiler

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsody, 04 January 2016 - 04:24 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

The ratios are not so hard really. 2:1 would be 1 point for every 2 you spend. So half, yeah. 5:1 is one fifth. I just used the calculator on google to divide stats by 5 and see how much points you'd get from it. So like 50 Endurance divided by 5 is 10. So you get 10 points in whatever you move it to.

Still, yeah, maybe it's more hassle that you want to go through when trying to punch something in the face. I'll leave it up to you.

Ah, so depending on the stat you'd be dividing the stat total by 4 for 4:1, 3 for 3:1 then next is basically half and 1:1 would be 1 for every 1 spent, basically meaning I can move an entire stat(s) into another? Like (using my current stats as a base), I take all my stats and put it into strength, then it'd be like 300 or since it'll be S rank, I'd be able to pool basically all my points into a single stat (like endurance) or multiple stats (like power/agility or agility/dexterity for escapes), something like that?

Though, I imagine pooling it all into one stat could be quite risky and stupid (unless pooled into endurance depending on the situation), especially if put into power. It'd be good for one swing and if it misses or ineffective, ya fucked since you'd have 0 agility and dex so you cant run, 0 endurance means you'll probably collapse afterword and you'd be dead in 1 hit. xD

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

@Rob: I've not actually seen all that much in the way of magic from the manga. But here's what the wiki said:

Magic is considered to be a strong power. There are two different types of Magic; Congenital Magic, Magic based from one's own ability and race, and Acquired Magic, Magic based on the Falna given by the Gods and Goddesses. Magic requires a specific chant to activate, and the longer the chant the stronger the Magic is. There are also Super Short Chant Type Magic and No Chant Magic. Normal people have one to three slots for Magic and can learn one Magic per slot but most people tend to have no Magic appear. The amount of slots is natural although the number can increase due to strong Grimoires. To use Magic, one has to have the Magic Basic Ability, but anyone can discover Magic.

Basically you'll start with a spell and unlock new ones as you go along. Stronger spells have a longer casting time. So you'd end up fighting in a similar way to an archer I guess. Except you shoot less arrows, but they DO explode and stuff depending on the spell. Also you can fart thunder or whatever just for laughs. So it makes those archers look silly shooting their bits of wood.

@X: Yup, you got it now. It looks way more complex than it is. :3

And yeah, I wouldn't recommend tossing EVERYTHING into one stat. Sure, you might be able to punch the head off of a donkey, but bad times will soon follow. >.<

So are you going to keep that skill now, or are you still coming up with a fresh one?

@DR: Welcome to the party. Looks good so far. That's a nice skill too.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Done making the changes. Ready for flogging.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

To keep the balls rolling~

Spoiler

Was going to make an edgy character at first

Decided that we need a comic relief one instead XD

Edited by Faye, 04 January 2016 - 04:54 PM.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

@X: Yup, you got it now. It looks way more complex than it is. :3

And yeah, I wouldn't recommend tossing EVERYTHING into one stat. Sure, you might be able to punch the head off of a donkey, but bad times will soon follow. >.<

So are you going to keep that skill now, or are you still coming up with a fresh one?

hohoho, then I'm keeping it! (will probably copy+paste the ratio/rank thing you made of it to ensure I dont forget)

How long does the skill remain in effect?

Im bad at coming up with skills so this baby is mine (like hell im going to let such a good skill go when i finally understood the monster I created).

xD

I think I'll call the skill "The Bad Touch" and if I ever get a skill thats like a supporter version of the skill (where I can increase a party members stats), I'd call it "The Good Touch". Though, im not a support kind of character so nvm. LOL

My CS

Spoiler

That's a female?!

I dont think the picture fits for the female persuasion.

xD

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

@DR: Nice work, accepted. You can have beginner gear if you'd like btw. A sword, basic armour, whatever. Also, you start with 1000 Valis.

@Faye: You are pretty much accepted too. I just want to check how you want your whole skill thing to work. Because it has the potential of being super OP right from the get go. Do you want to just like absorb some stats? Or do you want to physically switch out body parts with the fallen enemies?

Edited by Unbelievably Majestic, 04 January 2016 - 04:13 PM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

What about the skill? Is it fine, then what is the maths behind it? Also thanks!

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

ok joker, being serious now, I think I'll call the skill 'Juggernaut' because lez be real, it's going to be quite the bitch as it ranks up. LOL

Anywho that's what im going with. Simple but works.

Also, what will the length of the skill? Like post wise or something and what will be the cooldown for it?

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

@DR: Nice work, accepted. You can have beginner gear if you'd like btw. A sword, basic armour, whatever. Also, you start with 1000 Valis.

@Faye: You are pretty much accepted too. I just want to check how you want your whole skill thing to work. Because it has the potential of being super OP right from the get go. Do you want to just like absorb some stats? Or do you want to physically switch out body parts with the fallen enemies?

Just absorbing, I guess?

The switching body part is mostly flavour for now :3

@HD

Female lions are usually seen without mane..? XD

Edited by Faye, 04 January 2016 - 04:43 PM.

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

@DR: It's awkward to come up with a formula for it or whatever at this point. Especially since we aren't using health bars and stuff. so amount of health left is awkward to judge. So I'll do it like this and simply up the bonuses when it Ranks up.

Not a scratch: Not a point.

Minor wounds: Plus 25

Major wounds: Plus 50

Mortally wounded: Plus 100

I think that works. At least for now. But once things get rolling we'll see and it can be tweaked if need be. Though, if you have a better idea for it I'm all ears.

@X: Okie-dokie. As for length of times. Once used, your stats stay that way until your next post. So you can't chain loads of stat changes into one post. If you put everything into Power, the whole next chunk of time (In a fight that would be the enemies turn to kick your ass.)  will have you at the modified stats. So there's some risk involved in going all out with ballsy maneuvers. No Cooldown. Do it every post if you want. Just know that you really might not want to sometimes. >.<

@Faye: Okay, so here's my idea. Monsters drop magic stones. Maybe you can have the option of absorbing them instead of selling them for Valis at the guild? Essentially you'll have the option of getting bonus EXP from monsters. How's that sound?

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

@Faye: Okay, so here's my idea. Monsters drop magic stones. Maybe you can have the option of absorbing them instead of selling them for Valis at the guild? Essentially you'll have the option of getting bonus EXP from monsters. How's that sound?

Be poor but strong, or be rich but weaker eh? Sounds good to me :3

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts

Just absorbing, I guess?

The switching body part is mostly flavour for now :3

@HD

Female lions are usually seen without mane..? XD

I am not good at hunting pics. If you can help me out, I'll change the pic. But for my limited foray on the interwebs, all images I found were uneccessary booby or ill made. None had that reserved feral look I was looking for and neither were their design particularly appealing.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

@Faye: Fabulous. Then you are accepted. You can start with 500 Valis. :3

@Everyone: I have made an info cache. Put your dudes over there if you have been accepted. :3

http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/24312-info-danmachi/

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

@X: Okie-dokie. As for length of times. Once used, your stats stay that way until your next post. So you can't chain loads of stat changes into one post. If you put everything into Power, the whole next chunk of time (In a fight that would be the enemies turn to kick your ass.)  will have you at the modified stats. So there's some risk involved in going all out with ballsy maneuvers. No Cooldown. Do it every post if you want. Just know that you really might not want to sometimes. >.<

Hoho, me likely. Gotcha, thanks. xD

I am not good at hunting pics. If you can help me out, I'll change the pic. But for my limited foray on the interwebs, all images I found were uneccessary booby or ill made. None had that reserved feral look I was looking for and neither were their design particularly appealing.

I'll help out on the hunting for pictures. \0/

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

I've added some things to the 'People' section if anyone is interested. :3

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Hey DR, what kind of wolf are you looking for? Like the one you have where they're fully transformed (even the face) or a more humanoid kind of look?

Searching a female werewolf via the 'Female, Werewolf/ Werewolf' tags only turned up one decent photo so far.

This one:

Spoiler

Not sure if its to your tastes, I'm going to search through the 'okamimimi' tag which is, basically, the humanoid wolf aka has the ears, tail and such.

I have a number of male wolves in my bucket, though.

Edit: Found this one in my bucket as well.

Spoiler

I've added some things to the 'People' section if anyone is interested. :3

Definitely digging Inari's description. Kind of like Freya in the original.

xD

Edited by I-Am-X, 04 January 2016 - 06:41 PM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Jod

Jod

Potato

• Members
  • 146 posts

Here it be

Spoiler

Edited by Jod, 04 January 2016 - 09:32 PM.

qEZtZafl.png

I AM HE. HE AM ME. ME IS HE

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Here it be

Spoiler

Holy crap, a trap!

I'm sure Joker said basic/beginner kind of things, I dont think those items count or whatever.

lol

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler