Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Reverence: Venerated [OOC]

• Please log in to reply
566 replies to this topic

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Imma be as overpowered as heck
Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital
Spoiler

My upgraded CS. I considered 'Buff' arrow enchantments made via my support magic for use for allies but then thought, would it really be needed? Can't she just cast it without having to use her bow/shooting them with a magical arrow? Also, for my earth element enchant, like the other ones, I considered an advanced one that would take a lot of time to prepare, something akin to a temporary wall like spell but wasn't sure about it and thought it'd be best to see if the other ones I listed would be alright first. Not sure if some of the spells would get the A-Ok but put them anyway for an opinion.

Edited by I-Am-X, 22 November 2015 - 02:09 PM.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Those are good, but you're actually neglecting another school of enchantments, which is more commonly used on ammunition, and that is "Behaviours". This would include... Homing, cascading, raining, guided... Those kinds of things. Your sheet covers "Properties" already, and that is by giving it aspects of elements. Behaviours is changing how the arrow moves or acts. So homing would zone in on a target, cascading would split into multiple arrows, raining would let you call on a rain of arrows over where you fire, and guided would allow you to fire a shot through a crowd to hit a single target at high precision, since you can control it's pathing.

I'm sorry that magical ranged weaponry is pretty complex in this RP, but that's also it's strength, the versatility and ability to be prepared for almost every situation.

I recommend you make a few CQC techniques too, and in that vein I suggest you make them focus on creating distance between you and the opponent (since you're ranged and that only makes sense).

Also sorry there aren't any details written down about magic and so on, I'm sharing it all by word of mouth, because if I spent time writing it all, I'd be delaying this RP for quite some time. Not to mention it's not as important for Venerated, since we'll also be inventing or adding to that lore anyways.

Backstory seems good. Let me ask you again how you planned on rivalling a sniper rifle with a magic bow? Just to be clear. I read the backstory and it wasn't so clear. If you plan on doing it during the course of the RP, the best chance is when we go to Loraine, and you out-shoot their snipers.

Edited by El Phantom, 21 November 2015 - 01:50 PM.

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

@Faye

What's a number "3"?

Edit:

All jokes aside I must have accidently deleted my 3, which I left blank, but I remember now that I deleted it because I was going to add that remark onto my comment regarding Gerard, which is that he reminds me of Edward Elric.

Also, you're the one who made it amibiguous with what you described in that bad-ass loli's backstory, man! I don't want to be cynical but damn it's easy being cynical when you read something like that. You're the boss though, and if you say "No" it's a no. I say this in a friendly, lighthearted manner by the way.

GM wants variety and since I didn't know all the peeps would be storming the thread and appropriating the types of character archetypes this quickly I'm left trying to think of something unique. I will satisfy you, GM!

Edited by Shmuser Name, 21 November 2015 - 02:47 PM.

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

XD

I was not thinking in that direction, but yeah. You're right, it's actually plausible.

Still, let's keep the RP PG-13 XD

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

XD

I was not thinking in that direction, but yeah. You're right, it's actually plausible.

Still, let's keep the RP PG-13 XD

Considering there'll be blood and death, I wouldn't exactly say pg 13

=p

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

One Wyvern Rider will be served soon. Thanks L, you have reignited my fantastical reservoir.

A WIP

Spoiler

I have finished, waiting for a review

Edited by RP Fiend, 21 November 2015 - 06:01 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

I have finished, waiting for a review

I think you're going to need to go into more detail about your dark magic techniques before anything, though.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Muninn

Muninn

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts

WIP

Spoiler

ezgif.com-resize_zpsxceqaae1.gif

Crimson Century: Bratumił

Edge of Destiny: Geraint

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Wtf is skill?
Should I describe my ship sir?
Spoiler

Imnostrong

Imnostrong

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationUnder the Big Blue Sky

Wtf is skill?
Should I describe my ship sir?

I assume skill was something like

navigating, cooking, leadership, marksman, crisis management, sensing potential or immediate danger?

regarding the ship it would sounded more cool if the weaponry is described XD

Time Of Peace

rsz_1rsz_42012-11-20-542467_zps5pecouhb.

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
I think he meant dexterity lol. Because dexterity is what you just described skills to be

That is what L told me
Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

'Creating' CQC skills are such a pain lol. I managed to put 2 simple attacks down but I can't really think of anything out of the ordinary or that should be listed under the technique section considering there's nothing special about them.

Edited by I-Am-X, 21 November 2015 - 09:40 PM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Imnostrong

Imnostrong

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 97 posts

I think he meant dexterity lol. Because dexterity is what you just described skills to be

That is what L told me

Oh we're talking bout the strong/weak attribute skill XD

yeah that was more or less bout the dexterity 

'Creating' CQC skills are such a pain lol. I managed to put 2 simple attacks down but I can't really think of anything out of the ordinary or that should be listed under the technique section considering there's nothing special about them.

Maybe some imbued swordsmanship?

Time Of Peace

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Maybe some imbued swordsmanship?

Ready have something like that. Been trying to think of moves, mostly kicks, that will distant her away from her opponent so she can use her magic/ranged attacks.

But everything I come up with sounds completely generic lol.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Imnostrong

Imnostrong

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 97 posts

Ready have something like that. Been trying to think of moves, mostly kicks, that will distant her away from her opponent so she can use her magic/ranged attacks.

But everything I come up with sounds completely generic lol.

how bout making the enemy be one of your arrow and shot em far away? XD

well joke aside maybe you had some of Loraine Tech for that kind of maneuver? a highly dense spring boots that can throw enemy miles away?

Time Of Peace

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Backstory seems good. Let me ask you again how you planned on rivalling a sniper rifle with a magic bow? Just to be clear. I read the backstory and it wasn't so clear. If you plan on doing it during the course of the RP, the best chance is when we go to Loraine, and you out-shoot their snipers.

Forgot to answer this but I've kept thinking about it and haven't been able to think of a clear enough explanation. Wasn't sure exactly how to get it done, I was thinking the bow had something to do with it but idk. So I guess it needs to happen during the course of the RP because I've literally got nothing. Speaking of the bow, how would Hilda come to acquire it? Considering she isn't a weapon crafter, she surely didn't do it. I can imagine doing the enchantments though. Maybe something to deal with the power Yoshirou acquired?

how bout making the enemy be one of your arrow and shot em far away? XD

well joke aside maybe you had some of Loraine Tech for that kind of maneuver? a highly dense spring boots that can throw enemy miles away?

Not exactly tech savvy nor do I think Loraine has something like that, we're talking about the tech level being that of what you'd expect to find in the industrial revolution age, after all. =p

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Imnostrong

Imnostrong

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 97 posts

Forgot to answer this but I've kept thinking about it and haven't been able to think of a clear enough explanation. Wasn't sure exactly how to get it done, I was thinking the bow had something to do with it but idk. So I guess it needs to happen during the course of the RP because I've literally got nothing. Speaking of the bow, how would Hilda come to acquire it? Considering she isn't a weapon crafter, she surely didn't do it. I can imagine doing the enchantments though. Maybe something to deal with the power Yoshirou acquired?

Not exactly tech savvy nor do I think Loraine has something like that, we're talking about the tech level being that of what you'd expect to find in the industrial revolution age, after all. =p

well the homing and guiding thing already tops the sniper all you need to do is mark the enemy by binocular or some scope and the arrow will fly there on its own, which making the arrow invisible would make it even more deadly

well if the nation can make something like a genocidal magidroid, i'm pretty sure some of it's leg part could be modified for such things.

but anyway since she's not tech savvy, maybe from magical approach? anti gravity kick? burning kamen rider kick?

how bout along the line of glyph making, like wiess

tumblr_inline_ng31zhkbv21t18rdl.png

Time Of Peace

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

well the homing and guiding thing already tops the sniper all you need to do is mark the enemy by binocular or some scope and the arrow will fly there on its own, which making the arrow invisible would make it even more deadly

lol there's no need for something like that. For one her homing pretty much takes care of things for her and guiding when the situation calls for it and plus, if you looked at my CS and in the equipment section, you'd see that her bow as a magic glass attached to her bow that's enchanted with a 'zoom' enchantment which is the magic version of a scope. So she's covered from all angles.

As for the 'invisible' arrow, she has something similar in her wind enchantment which, by manipulating the wind, is able to go at really high speeds making it seem like such to the untrained eye. Plus, an invisible arrow would be a bit ridiculous, wouldn't it? lol

As for the other stuff....just no lol.

The only real CQC techniques worth mentioning on the CS should be those to create distance and nothing more, considering if they're just no name scrubs she can take care of them with normal CQC attacks. Not really sure how many attacks L would like me to have before I get the Ok, though.

Edited by I-Am-X, 21 November 2015 - 11:12 PM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Geo

Geo

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

Hey, remember me? If there is anything that needs to tweak, I'm sure to fix.

He's basically the pointman.

Spoiler

Updated. Also gave the sword, Tenebrae, an opportunity to be used as a nice plot point (if you want).

Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself.

Memento Mori - Remember to Die.