Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Reverence: Venerated [OOC]

• Please log in to reply
566 replies to this topic

Geo

Geo

Potato

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

Hey, remember me? If there is anything that needs to tweak, I'm sure to fix.

He's basically the pointman.

Spoiler

Edited by Geo, 21 November 2015 - 11:10 PM.

Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself.

Memento Mori - Remember to Die.

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Mostly just more Techniques and more detail on main and secondary style.

Thing about Spirit Avatars is that they also have a name and special abilities of their own, and appearance of their own. I guess the best way to describe it is like a Persona, but more knightly, and can get ridiculously large (like the size of a small castle). If they manifest in that size though, they will ALWAYS manifest in that size, so it can be sometimes inconvenient for some users. Users of the gigantic Spirit Avatars the size of castles though, have learned to summon parts of their avatar instead of the whole thing, allowing them to do basically Bayonetta style gigantic fist/kicks imitating their movement.

Otherwise, basically, give your Spirit Avatar a name, unique appearance, special abilities, and probably think of some more techniques.

And a bit more detail on your swordsmanship. It is your main style after all, so I would assume there's something special about it. You just need to explain what that is.

Otherwise, backstory looks good, and all that, if you want to add more details though go for it.

Party thus far.

• Yoshirou (Leader)
  • Corvus (Guerilla Tactics)
  • Tristan (Wyvern Magic Rider)
  • Gerard (Magidroid Scientist)
  • Hildegarde (Sniper)
  • Sofis (Spirit Avatar Knight)

This is looking pretty good. War Suit User or War Airship Captain would be a great addition at this point.

Edited by El Phantom, 21 November 2015 - 01:03 AM.

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
I have a few questions

1. What does speed encompass and what does dexterity cover?

2What does it mean to be excel in one but are worse in another department? Does that make us total weaklings if we are weak in strength? Or is it just that we wouldn't be able to pull off strength required feats?

3. If I choose to be an air pirate, am I confined to being just a pirate or can I still be as unique as possible with my character? I want to try something new but I want to use this burst of creativity to make something I like but stay within the confines of the world
Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

1. Dexterity covers use of techniques, so for instance, with higher dexterity, your accuracy and speed at using the TECHNIQUE is better. Speed covers how quickly you can move from point A to B.

2. Think of it as we have 2 point in every trait. To have a Strongest and Weakest, means to respectively have 3 points in our Strongest, and 1 point in our weakest. Basically, we're not as good with it, but we can still do it. Since the characters we're playing are on the level of "Legendary Heroes", our weakest attribute is basically at average human level.

3. It depends on how unique you want to be, but you're largely unclear about this. Just throw it at me and I'll see. Do remember though, if you want a War Airship, that has weapons on it, you're required to be Kouryangese.

Edited by El Phantom, 21 November 2015 - 01:15 AM.

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Oh I'm going there I just want to be more of a overwhelming pressure type character I guess. Idk, I am not feeling like a swashbuckler character but one who can be a pirate in deeds done than one that looks like jack sparrow
Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

So basically you're the worst pirate ever, in that you've never really looted or stolen a thing? I mean that works. I guess disobeying orders and being labelled a pirate works.

But... A War Airship alone already has loads of overwhelming pressure. You have cannons and bombs and all that good stuff. Most forces are helpless against them, and they move forces around very quickly. Kouryang would have won the war if it wasn't for the superior land power of the other armies, and the Realinian Wyvern Riders who can actively fly up and attack the airships.

EDIT:

The standard size for a Spirit Avatar and the way most users who have theirs of this size, would probably use it something like this, where they fight in tandem and combination as one.

Edited by El Phantom, 21 November 2015 - 01:30 AM.

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Would my skills be regulated to being a the pilot of an air warship?

If also have my eyes on the Yamato that are worn like battle armor and if I can man them now or not? Otherwise I will get in the set with the assassins and make my own unique spin on being as assassin/spy

Idk lol I have ideas and I'll try my hand at something or another
Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

The War Airship would be pretty much Equipment, and you actually don't need to make driving it one of your main two skills, and just relegate it to one of the basic skills (since there's no special way to do it, you just be good at it and be able to do it).

For the Main and Secondary skills, you can have those both dedicated to combat.

Yes, it is possible to even use a War Suit even though you drive a War Airship. You just need to accommodate it in your backstory properly.

Edited by El Phantom, 21 November 2015 - 01:35 AM.

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
I guess I'll try my hand. I have an archetype but tell me,

What are the changes of getting a body armor Yamato armor
Aw nvm I though my earlier post was deleted before I posted lol sorry L
Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Yamato War Suits are basically like, smaller gundam.

I guess the closest they are in size is Warhammer Marines, but bigger.

Edited by El Phantom, 21 November 2015 - 01:53 AM.

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Shyt I don't wanna do that. I think I will try my hand out in the war ship section and come up with something that I hope is reliable and plausible since we are non-believers
Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital
Spoiler

WIP, I'll continue it later. Also L, that 'homing' enchantment that you mentioned on skype, I make an 'arrow' slot under my equipment and list that and all the different types of arrows she has there, right? I assume that, she isn't the one making these enchanted arrows and whatnot and that there's someone that makes these things for her within the group or something? 'Cause since she's a sniper via the brutal force method and not a craftsman, thus not able to enchant the arrows with effects and what not before hand. Or did you mean permanent enchantment and that she'll be able to 'enchant' them while in battle on the spot?

Also under techniques you said I simply had to make up the spells to 'sling into my shots' that's like mentioned before where she says an incantation and placing properties on it like heal, pierce, fire, etc, right? I can also do things like support magic, like temporarily strengthening herself or others (like when forced to fight in CQC)? Or not needed? I didn't want to make her out to be a swordsman, just for the use of short blades and all. Would putting 'Close Quarters Combat' be better?

Also, will her achievement of besting rifles with just her magic bow be before or after she left her nation and met up with Yoshirou?

Well I finished my personality and backstory, though, I left the techniques alone until the above is confirmed/answered^

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Imnostrong

Imnostrong

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationUnder the Big Blue Sky
Spoiler

Umm L do our character start up at our own places or we already banded together with yoshiru and the other iconoclast?

Edited by Imnostrong, 21 November 2015 - 02:54 AM.

Time Of Peace

rsz_1rsz_42012-11-20-542467_zps5pecouhb.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital
Spoiler

Umm L do our character start up at our own places or we already banded together with yoshiru and the other iconoclast?

Already banded together

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Just note that Magidroids will not have much personality at all, and if they do, you probably developed the new program yourself (which I can allow, normally Magidroids are robotic war servants). This is since Magidroid technology was made only for war at first so they didn't need any personalities, just to obey orders, but if you decided to personalize it with more unique functions and characteristics, that works too.

@ X - Enchantments can be very quick depending on the depth of enchantment. Since you're just enchanting arrows and magical arrows, it's very very quick, so you can enchant in the middle of battle easily. Special arrows that channel magic are the only things you need to really prepare before-hand.

Her having support functions would both make sense and be incredibly useful.

Yeah you can generalize it to CQC, just remember you'll be at a disadvantage when fighting someone who specializes in blades, and you're fighting them with blades. Just generalizing it makes it versatile, but don't expect to be beating major enemies with it.

Your accomplishments as a sniper can come at any time before joining Yoshirou.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

@ X - Enchantments can be very quick depending on the depth of enchantment. Since you're just enchanting arrows and magical arrows, it's very very quick, so you can enchant in the middle of battle easily. Special arrows that channel magic are the only things you need to really prepare before-hand.

Her having support functions would both make sense and be incredibly useful.

Yeah you can generalize it to CQC, just remember you'll be at a disadvantage when fighting someone who specializes in blades, and you're fighting them with blades. Just generalizing it makes it versatile, but don't expect to be beating major enemies with it.

Your accomplishments as a sniper can come at any time before joining Yoshirou.

Hmm, so in other words,she will be able to enchant the arrows herself outside of battle i.e she'll be able to make/enchant the special arrows herself? Have been wondering since from what had been said on skype and whatever, I got the impression she wouldn't be able to.

Gotcha, didn't expect to beat major foes with it, only that she'll be able to survive and make it to the next fight. xD

Alright, I'll just have it start building from her last fight with the Loraine army and have it continue building after she left and started taking up mercenary like work afterwords before meeting up with and joining Yoshirou.

Allllrighhht support magic is a gooooo.

With all that settled that leaves my question regarding the techniques/spells.

"Also under techniques you said I simply had to make up the spells to 'sling into my shots' that's like mentioned before where she says an incantation and placing properties on it like heal, pierce, fire, etc, right?"

After reading it again, the last bit didn't make much sense but I meant that "under 'techniques', do I list the kinds of incantations/properties I can enchant/cast on my arrows?'"

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

She can prepare arrows herself outside of battle, but that should be saved for ones that are layered with 3 or more enchantments. Putting one enchantment on an arrow takes moments if you're good, so on the fly she can fire out homing or fire or elemental arrows, but not a combination of them.

And yes you do list the spells/properties/enchantments you can cast onto your arrows.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

She can prepare arrows herself outside of battle, but that should be saved for ones that are layered with 3 or more enchantments. Putting one enchantment on an arrow takes moments if you're good, so on the fly she can fire out homing or fire or elemental arrows, but not a combination of them.

And yes you do list the spells/properties/enchantments you can cast onto your arrows.

Something she'll have to do during her battle downtime. Given that she's not an expert at enchantment, how would we do it outside of battle? Like it would take ?? outside battle posts for an arrow to be fully enchanted with all the enchantments? Or something you'll do automatically during story updates or something?

Gotcha, I'll do the enchantment, spells tomorrow.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

We're not really counting it. Say you have by default, 10 magically crafted arrows, and 20 pre-enchanted arrows per battle, you basically replenish those back to those numbers in each new battle. The period between each battle in this RP is like, a week or two depending, so you'll have more than enough time to replenish them.

Imnostrong

Imnostrong

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationUnder the Big Blue Sky

Done

Spoiler

Edited by Imnostrong, 21 November 2015 - 07:37 AM.

Time Of Peace

rsz_1rsz_42012-11-20-542467_zps5pecouhb.