Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Reverence: Venerated [OOC]

• Please log in to reply
566 replies to this topic

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Lc9uYlm.png?1

This story follows the legendary Iconoclasts as they fight to end the Eidolon War. The war is being fought by nations, Raelin, Yamato, Kouryang, Frinia and Loraine, making this the biggest war the world has ever seen. The Raelin and Yamato have formed an alliance and move to actively destroy the Kouryang, who have managed to mutually agree to a Loraine alliance, while the Frinian forces are almost completely decimated.

The war has raged for twenty years already, it began with Raelin and the Kouryang, Yamato took up arms shortly afterward, and the Kouryang convinced the Frinians to fight alongside them. It took twelve years for the Frinian forces to finally be decimated in a decisive battle, forcing them to what few territories they have, while the Loraine faction joins the war with a fresh supply of men and weapons.

The war is a war of religion and the interests of the country that each of the leaders serve… However… As of the 21st year of the fighting in the year 708, the Frinian forces were reported to be completely decimated by an unknown force, and because of that, none of the factions could lay claim to them, not to mention, none of the factions were in a position to march on them to do so anyways.

The Frinians were the first of five warring forces to be destroyed by the Iconoclasts.

KEY TERMS
Spoiler

TECHNOLOGY
Spoiler

NATIONS

Spoiler

NATIONS NOT AT WAR

Spoiler

WORLD MAP
Spoiler

CHARACTER SHEET

Spoiler

WHAT IS AN ICONOCLAST?

Spoiler

CHARACTER CREATION IDEAS

Spoiler

Edited by El Phantom, 04 December 2015 - 07:32 AM.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Been trying to keep to my whole 'not joining anymore rps' mantra but damn, think I'm going to have to break that vow again. L working his magic again.

=o

Have an idea of what kind of 'iconoclast' Im interested in doing. Maybe something BoF esque. =P

Just going to have to track down a suitable picture.

Speaking of which, the Frinians kind of remind me of 'the blades' from your tales rp. xD

Edited by I-Am-X, 20 November 2015 - 01:55 AM.

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Imnostrong

Imnostrong

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationUnder the Big Blue Sky

Mother-of-God-GIF_1.gif?gs=a

I'm speechless in awe...

Time Of Peace

rsz_1rsz_42012-11-20-542467_zps5pecouhb.

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

I do recommend we try for as much variety in character types as possible.

I'll add the leader NPC character, and my own character fairly soon in a Character thread, but here are some things you should all know first.

• Venerated is a short RP. There will only be between several to a dozen battles. However, these events are pivotal to the follow-up RP, simply called and without secondary titles, "Reverence".
  • I recommend variety for characters, because the characters capabilities will affect what types of plans we can execute to crush the warring nations, as well as to some degree the order we can take them down. Think about it, if we have someone with a War Suit, we can crush through the front gates, if we have a Magidroid we can attempt to access magical interfaces and use the Magidroid to manipulate it in real time, or if we have a war airship, we can better choose who our next target will be while having a ton of fire power.
  • You may make your character quite powerful. We're playing basically "Legendary Heroes".
  • The character you make for Venerated will not be playable in Reverence, but they may reappear.
  • I recommend using whatever character you're making for this, be the predecessor for your character in Reverence.
  • You will get the choice to kill or spare some military officials, which will affect the world of Reverence.
  • If you wish to make a villainous character, send me a PM. Otherwise, I'd like to note that at the moment it's impossible to make a full-fledged villain for Venerated, but you can use all of Venerated to set them up.

Edited by El Phantom, 20 November 2015 - 04:35 AM.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

I'm guessing our characters will be originally from these different nations who eventually abandoned them and joined up with Yoshirou somewhere down the line?

I can go for the sniper character type, since it pretty much fits the kind of character I was going for, though...it will a sniper who wields a magical bow. Will that do?

Edited by I-Am-X, 20 November 2015 - 11:45 AM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Check the Technology section and the first entry. It talks of Firearms.

We have up to around 1900s real world in terms of firearms technology. I chose this, since it was the most experimental period, giving way to many different types of firearms being developed, while not delegating everyone into the superior automatics we have now.

So you can have lever or bolt action sniper rifles.

If you want to use a bow, that works too, but Lorainians have mastered the sniper RIFLE. Their best snipers all use the rifle, which has superior range to any bow. But using the magical bow will mean you'll be largely from Raelin or the knightly Frinians, who use magical weaponry far more and have more support for it.

I'll let you know first though. The sniper rifle by Loraine has insane range, more than every recorded bow, and even magical bows. It shouldn't stop you from making a character who can use a magical bow to the level of a Lorainian sniper, but I'm just letting you know that it will be a great feat of skill, magical power, and craftsmanship on the part of your magical bow, since most magical weapons are custom-made, either by the user or by a craftsman.

Edited by El Phantom, 20 November 2015 - 11:54 AM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

One Wyvern Rider will be served soon. Thanks L, you have reignited my fantastical reservoir.

A WIP

Spoiler

Edited by RP Fiend, 22 November 2015 - 04:01 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

So far confirmed.

Yoshirou - Jack of all trades warrior type.

Corvus - Guerilla tactics (I still need to bring him over)

X's character - Sniper (magical bow)

Diabolic's character - Wyvern Rider (Magic Knight path)

This is shaping up pretty well so far.

Imnostrong

Imnostrong

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 97 posts

I'll take the magidroid scientist XD

Time Of Peace

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Wooooo, DR!!!

And iam as well!

\0/

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Wooooo, DR!!!

And iam as well!

\0/

I'm pretty rusty and in a ditch figuratively with RL but I hope this is a shot at redemption

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital
Spoiler

WIP, I'll continue it later. Also L, that 'homing' enchantment that you mentioned on skype, I make an 'arrow' slot under my equipment and list that and all the different types of arrows she has there, right? I assume that, she isn't the one making these enchanted arrows and whatnot and that there's someone that makes these things for her within the group or something? 'Cause since she's a sniper via the brutal force method and not a craftsman, thus not able to enchant the arrows with effects and what not before hand. Or did you mean permanent enchantment and that she'll be able to 'enchant' them while in battle on the spot?

Also under techniques you said I simply had to make up the spells to 'sling into my shots' that's like mentioned before where she says an incantation and placing properties on it like heal, pierce, fire, etc, right? I can also do things like support magic, like temporarily strengthening herself or others (like when forced to fight in CQC)? Or not needed? I didn't want to make her out to be a swordsman, just for the use of short blades and all. Would putting 'Close Quarters Combat' be better?

Also, will her achievement of besting rifles with just her magic bow be before or after she left her nation and met up with Yoshirou?

Edited by I-Am-X, 21 November 2015 - 01:25 PM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Can I play a berserker-style Spirit Avatar user?

Imnostrong

Imnostrong

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 97 posts

Spoiler

Magidroid CS coming right up

Edited by Imnostrong, 20 November 2015 - 09:59 PM.

Time Of Peace

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

My Lorainian brotha!

I think I might wait for L to confirm/answer my last comment before finishing up her backstory (not sure how to conclude it) and CS, due to being unsure about a few things. But it's mostly done.

Edited by I-Am-X, 20 November 2015 - 11:19 PM.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
This will be good >: )

Edited by KDPtheKing, 20 November 2015 - 11:13 PM.

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Hoho, so is KDP interested in joining?

Getting the 'crew back togetherrrr.

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Lol my going to see if my heart rolls someone new I will read the nations and then throw my questions at you
Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

I can totally see KDP getty freaky with Yamato and their war suits.

0/

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Can I play a berserker-style Spirit Avatar user?

YES YOU CAN.

But seriously, if you want the Berserker aspect, probably a Frinian Knight, who retired early or left the ranks, and went travelling, and ended up in Arnerfell once and learned the ways of the Berserker. Training for summoning a Spirit Avatar is pretty intense.

ALSO. The character section is up. 

Yoshirou's Character Sheet may be checked for reference.

Edited by El Phantom, 20 November 2015 - 11:55 PM.