Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Reverence: Venerated [OOC]

• Please log in to reply
566 replies to this topic

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Excellent.

You may add it to the character section.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Salvation!! \0/

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

Anyways, for some reason my text would sometimes begin being written backwords at the start of my sentence while I was making this application. Anyone else get this problem?

Also, since all the other cool character ideas the GM provided were being taken, I decided to try my hand at the Dogma user. Yeah, very Dante's Inferno inspired, and given how a lot of characters in this RP also use Ice and Fire elemental magic in some way I tried to be unique. Hopefully I adhered to the GM's laws while also stretching them a bit to create an Iconoclaust that also has faith in something other than a God.

Or can he be one of those evil types that still believes in a God? The ones you wanted to be a bad guy in the RP? I'm cool with trying that out, or being an Iconoclaust. Also, I figured the Kingdom of Arnerfell was just a bunch of Vikings/Nords/Norse who used medieval monarchies to rule over them, so I put knights and lords in my application, hopefully that fits the Lore? I mean it is a Kingdom. I also wanted to try my hand at incorporating some non-Lore specific tribe that is connected to Di-Ifrit, it would help explain how Caspian got his powers and began his journey. Hopefully that isn't Lore breaking either.

Spoiler

Edited by Shmuser Name, 22 November 2015 - 10:16 PM.

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Once I can sit down and get a backstory, the rest of my character sheet will come together
Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Hmmm. Just some details. It actually wouldn't be Dogma that your character uses, since it's a Demon. In fact it would be closer to Iconoclasts' origins in their power, but closer to the nature of a god's power. It's likely your character stumbled upon a Sage ruin and awoke this demon.

Next is, before I check your attacks, I'd like you to specify how your character met and joined up with Yoshirou. Since personality is not set in yet, I'd like to suggest a cooperative personality, despite having a demon inside him, having Caspian still be an upstanding and nice guy would be a fun mix.

I like the whole demon thing, because I can reveal more about the Sages in a particular segment of the RP.

The way Dogma works is that you are granted power by having faith in that god-like being, rather than them imbuing you with that strength or spreading it to allies making them prime supportive types, but you went and found Demons, and I liked that, so you can run with the demon instead. It just won't be Dogma.

In regards to Arnerfell, yeah they would have something like knights and lords, but I don't think they'd be called that. They have their own native words for it, I forget what they are. Probably should look them up...

Your Demon could simply come from a time when it wasn't a kingdom, and was just a bunch of tribes as you say.

Edited by El Phantom, 23 November 2015 - 04:50 AM.

Imnostrong

Imnostrong

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationUnder the Big Blue Sky

Anyways, for some reason my text would sometimes begin being written backwords at the start of my sentence while I was making this application. Anyone else get this problem?

Also, since all the other cool character ideas the GM provided were being taken, I decided to try my hand at the Dogma user. Yeah, very Dante's Inferno inspired, and given how a lot of characters in this RP also use Ice and Fire elemental magic in some way I tried to be unique. Hopefully I adhered to the GM's laws while also stretching them a bit to create an Iconoclaust that also has faith in something other than a God.

Or can he be one of those evil types that still believes in a God? The ones you wanted to be a bad guy in the RP? I'm cool with trying that out, or being an Iconoclaust. Also, I figured the Kingdom of Arnerfell was just a bunch of Vikings/Nords/Norse who used medieval monarchies to rule over them, so I put knights and lords in my application, hopefully that fits the Lore? I mean it is a Kingdom. I also wanted to try my hand at incorporating some non-Lore specific tribe that is connected to Di-Ifrit, it would help explain how Caspian got his powers and began his journey. Hopefully that isn't Lore breaking either.

Spoiler

I really really really hope that there will never be a plot where all the Iconoclast pit against each other... especially not with this guy on the same pit.

and here I thought surviving a genocidal magidroid was the worst thing that could ever happened.

Time Of Peace

rsz_1rsz_42012-11-20-542467_zps5pecouhb.

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Let me make another roll call on filled out roles.

• Yoshirou (Leader) [Yamato/Raelin]
  • Corvus (Guerilla Tactics) [Ayntayikk/Frinia]
  • Gerard and Avery (Scientist and Magidroid) [Loraine]
  • Serin (Frinian Knight, Assault) [Frinia]
  • Sofis (Frinian Knight, Vanguard) [Frinia]
  • Tristan (Wyvern Knight, Magic Heavy) [Raelin]
  • Hildegarde (Sniper) [Loraine]
  • Caspian (Arnerfell Warrior, Demon) [Arnerfell]
  • <KDP's Character> (War Airship Captain) [Kouryang]
  • <Itano's Character> (Cyborg)

In terms of nationalities we're only missing someone from Chang. Seriously, you can make like, a DBZ monk from there. In any case, it's pretty diverse so far. We lack any real seige, but we have loads of ways to make up for that looks like.

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

1. Itano is joining? O.o

2. He plays a cyborg? As in, half human half magidroid?

3. Pretty sure a dragon, a demon, and a war vessel (if KDP is confirmed in) would count as siege weapons XD

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Yeah, I'm still disappointed no one decided to run a War Suit, but not big deal.

And yeah, Itano's confirmed with me over Skype.

Edited by El Phantom, 23 November 2015 - 10:22 AM.

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

Dude I totally would have loved to play as a Gundam user, because you may not know this but I FUCKING LOVE all things Gundam. The thing is I thought someone was going to be playing as a Warsuit user already, hence why I decided to go down the path I thought would be a Dogma user, but we all know there's nothing supportive here about Caspian's abilities, they're all pretty much for his own use.

Anyone want to ride a hellhound? xD That's as about as far as a support as he can be. Also in regards to his sand form, it isn't something that can be airborne at high altitudes or with blustering winds, it's only feasible in non-tempest weather and can't rise off of the ground that high, although it can climb up vertical objects to some degree.

Anyways,

1. Oh so it's isn't Dogma. Okay dokie, I'm glad the concept of Di-Ifrit was actually rather fitting to what you have in mind for the Lore. So instead of Dogma usage, Caspian's major skill would be described as a Greater Affinity for Demonic Energy? That's cool, right?

2. Yes, I didn't want to make Caspian some type of Sauron douchebag character with his big, bad armor and super-powers. He's got a soft spot for women, he likes saving innocent lives and taking the lives of evil men or those who are misguided (such as the armies of the various countries in this world war). I just can't find it in myself to play as a person like...as an extreme example, Judge Holden from Blood Meridian. If you don't know who that is, my advice is don't look him up. I really was at a loss as to how Caspian met Yoshirou though, and learned about the Iconoclausts. Caspian's a dark, dark person after leaving Arnerfell, and Yoshirou is such a good guy, I think it'd be pretty funny if Yoshirou saw what looked to be someone who was going to bring about the end of the world (that's the way I picture others seeing him) and then tried to befriend him. I'll try to think of something, but if you or anyone ele have any ideas I'd really like some help.

3. Di-Ifrit, to canonically make sense, is primordial but I can change that to fit the Lore anytime you want. Funny how one of the most coldest regions on the world of this fictional world, houses, to be frank here, the Devil! It sort of almost makes a little, just a tiny bit of sense xD jkjk

I'll edit my application and repost it in this reply. 

Spoiler

Edited by Shmuser Name, 23 November 2015 - 11:28 AM.

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Not quite "Greater Affinity". It's more your character entered a contract with the demon. Demonic power is either through birth or through a contract. Through birth would be an incredibly rare case (that is by the way forbidden until the sequel), so it's likely Caspian got his through a contract.

Since you found a demon of fire in the highest point of an ice temple, it's likely Di-Ifrit was sealed there out of his dangerous nature, or a dangerous nature of some kind. Your character may have been seduced into the contract, or some rather other, it's up to you. Di-Ifrit is likely Devil class, so he'll be pretty cunning. Just remember that.

Based on your character preferring to save innocent lives and taking those of evil men's, then somewhere Yoshirou may have witnessed it, and things went from there.

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

I'll put Demonic Power then, which is a way of saying "he's using borrowed magic through a demon contract" rather than explaining it all in a mouthful of words, that cool? I'll elaborate on the deal Caspian made with this fuckface demon. Thanks for the idea of Yoshirou's meeting with Caspian.

Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Yeah that's how I listed it in the first post, just "Demonic Power".

Do note that it's a power not seen in centuries too.

EDIT: Okay, you should probably put both versions of the Seventh Circle into your Main style, and just keep the Ninth Circle as your Secondary. The way you have it set up there is that you essentially have two Secondary styles and that's no good. Fortunately one of them is also the Seventh Circle like your Main style, so just combine them.

Your skills look okay, but they're all pretty large scale stuff. Try and add in some smaller scale stuff too to balance it out, like a simple ranged fire attack, or a spinning slash or something. It's up to you.

We spoke about Backstory earlier, and that checks out.

So, just do up techniques and styles, and it's set.

Edited by El Phantom, 23 November 2015 - 12:27 PM.

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

That you did!

I'll see if I can give Caspian something small to work with as a small-scale ability, everyone else seems to have all the easy-to-think-of ones grabbed up, though lol

Spoiler

Edited by Shmuser Name, 23 November 2015 - 04:07 PM.

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Oh and, I guess before you forget, finish off your Personality.

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

Finished that up.

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
I'm comig

Work is fucking me up start without me if you have to
Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

It could use more. One line is hardly enough to describe a person's mannerisms and general beliefs, as well as any eccentricities they have.

Shmuser Name

Shmuser Name

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationNJ, The States

It could use more. One line is hardly enough to describe a person's mannerisms and general beliefs, as well as any eccentricities they have.

That's the thing, I really do prefer showing instead of telling. That's normally why I leave them brief. However it's only right of me to put my all in the app.

Edit: I edited my most recent post that contains my app.

Edited by Shmuser Name, 23 November 2015 - 04:07 PM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

That's the thing, I really do prefer showing instead of telling. That's normally why I leave them brief. However it's only right of me to put my all in the app.

Edit: I edited my most recent post that contains my app.

I don't know if it is intentional but what is Caspian's age?

I just want a pointer to know how to go about writing around him. Since mine is by far the oldest one of the lot. Is he closer to Tristan in age or to the others.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler