Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tags and Genres you'd like to see implemented.

- - - - - tag genre request unified

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

Spoiler

^I second the general "Survival" tag. Rather popular theme, not yet represented in tags and would save people a trip to B-U. Would also work well with already existing "tragedy" tag to give 'protagonists dying' results truepurple wants without being too spoiler-y.

Also "Acting" for all acting/theater/kabuki-focused manga out there (akin to already added cooking/music/medical tags). I was thinking about 'dancing' tag too, but there doesn't seem to be enough manga (that's listed on B-U) to warrant a tag.

kinda off topic @truepurple

Spoiler

While ponies already suggested the Survival tag, in the first post its named as 'survival game', though i feel that's a too limiting tag. A lot of survival manga isn't game based, and can happen due to shipwrecks, plane crashes, metro crashes, zombies, apocalypse, food scarcity, you name it. I would recommend the tag to just be Survival, and i would be very happy to see it implemented, would make searching for my favorite manga's a lot easier.

Edited by Naizumi, 09 June 2014 - 12:14 PM.

aovnZo7.png

XxLelouchxX

XxLelouchxX

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

Delinquent tag

-Want to be able to use advanced search to find mangas with delinquent leads.

Otaku tag

-To ealisy find  find mangas with otaku leads using advanced search

Terrorism is nothing but childish harassment…your enemies are not Britannians, but Britannia!
This is war and what you need is an army! - Lelouch Vi Britannia

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

We are currently considering renaming the "genres" to "tags" and after that to allow more than simply genres. 

XxLelouchxX

XxLelouchxX

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

That would be great and searching for something in particular will be much easier

Can I suggest if you do that to implement bullying as 2 tags bullied and bully cause I would love to find mangas where thee MC is a bully and not the bullied. 

It's a problem I ran into when searching on manga updates...I really think the two should be separated to make searching for what you want more efficient. 

Terrorism is nothing but childish harassment…your enemies are not Britannians, but Britannia!
This is war and what you need is an army! - Lelouch Vi Britannia

MetalKing1417

MetalKing1417

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Reverse harem- harem with genders reversed, i.e. female lead, male harem.

Fizanko

Fizanko

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

For a long time i thought "seinen" or "shounen" were basically "mature public" and "all public" to classify a manga, nearly everytime i read a manga through the years it held truth as a "seinen" had usually a story more mature (i don't mean only in term of violence , sex or etc..) than a "shounen" .

But since some time i started to notice  manga, on online readers like batoto, that are frankly in the "mature public" category are getting a "shounen" tag.

From reading some comments apparently "seinen" and "shounen" are more about the publication in which a specific manga is published and not the actual story content, meaning you can have "all public" stories with a "seinen" tag and a "mature public" one with "shounen".

So maybe to get around this confusion between "shounen" and "seinen" or to give more precise information about the content, something like "mature public" and "all public" could join the tag list ?

Dafortminor

Dafortminor

Omnipotence

• Global Mods
  • 752 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Everything updated. 

-Daffy

Best and fastest way to contact me is via Discord: Daffy#9194.

3swordfan

3swordfan

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSomewhere West-East of your position. No I don't need a map.
Gag manga

4-koma helps this a bit, but it does not encompass everything. That, and the comedy tag is extremely general. The gag tag would be for stuff like Beelzebub, D-Frag, and other Tsukkomi filled manga. It wouldnt imply that tsukkomi is the only type of humor.

Edited by 3swordfan, 30 July 2014 - 09:06 PM.

Roronoa Zoro is my spirit animal

fcc.gif  giphy.gif 

Spoiler

Drakan

Drakan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina

-economic:

I'm surprised this hasn't been suggested with how popular manga like maoyuu maou yuusha or spice and wolf are.

-political humor

series centered around satyrical portraits or real-life figures (not just a serious manga with some comical situations), good example being mudazumo naki kaikaku

Edited by Drakan, 18 August 2014 - 04:30 AM.

mercury34

mercury34

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

splitting the gender bender tag into gender bender and cross dressing, because i can't really consider them the same thing.

When a male or female character physically turns into the opposite sex= gender bender

When a male or female dresses as the opposite sex = cross dressing

But i guess i am just being selfish, but it has always bothered me.

Teney

Teney

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I would like to see a "Game" tag because of the many mangas which are level based. Even though not all level based mangas are about games I wouldn't know how to name it otherwise than "Game"... Maybe just "Level" or something like that.

FatChaosNoob

FatChaosNoob

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I would like to suggest the "Idol" tag.

I think there are enough manga that center around idols or have an idol character that gets a lot of screen time, as well as a great enough distinction with the music tag, to implement an idol tag.  By idol, I mean things like all the IDOLM@STER series, not like all the school life/comedy/romance series with the school idol characters with the fan clubs.

I think it would be a useful tag but not necessarily that important.  It was just something that I thought had a large enough niche.

mimamotte

mimamotte

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

I saw that there were "Award Winning" tag so my suggestion is for a "debut" tag. I just feel we need to somehow let users here know which titles is the authors' first work as bato.to did no show the vintages of its comics. Some titles were a few years to decades old but things could look new due to advanced editing tools nowadays, note that not every users is an avid fans so there is bound to be some newbies or those starting to take interests in manga, manhua or manwha. Although having vintages is a separate issue here but if readers knows beforehand that a certain title is a debut work, they are more likely to be less criticism and appreciate the work as it is.

This could be a hassle and require lots of information from relevant sites but I don't think bato.to is going to consider implement adding vintages especially after the case with the skin and other issues. Either ways, it will be tough but we can do this if users are willing to help out as well.

Edit: I noticed when you hover your mouse cursor over Seinen tag within Advanced Comic Search, the information say it is specially for "young Man". I'd like to point out that Seinen(青年) in this case refer to both genders unless we are talking about 成年(also Seinen) but the latter is often known as "For adult only" or Seijin Muke(成人向け). Hope someone can correct this mistake, thank you.

Edited by mimamotte, 03 October 2014 - 04:22 PM.

トバ

トバ

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 40 posts
  • LocationEdo, Kabuki

Personally, I think most of the to-be-added tags/genres aren't necessarily needed. I like it better with just the default/original ones (Josei, Romance, School Life, Drama etc.). I don't see the need to add not-so common genres/tags. The comic page's gonna be a "tag" page, especially when one title has lots of things/beings in it.

Edited by Yoro, 25 September 2014 - 09:38 PM.

Posted Image

*sig made by me.*

Mr. Mailman

Mr. Mailman

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationOH---IO

This is kind of coming off the same leaf as the one shot suggestion, but maybe we could come up with a tag that somehow indicates particularly long manga. Sometimes I try to find things that I can really dive into and spend a good deal of time with but can find nothing but series with like 6 chapters translated. I don't really know what we could call this tag, maybe like long or something (sorry I know that's not very good) 

Welcome to Good Burger

Home of the good burger

May I take your order?

naren

naren

Potato

• Contributor
  • 187 posts

um how about anti-social tag?well in some manga mc are anti-social thats why

Spoiler

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts
  • LocationMonitoring my network of hidden cameras in your bedrooms and bathrooms!

While ponies already suggested the Survival tag, in the first post its named as 'survival game', though i feel that's a too limiting tag. A lot of survival manga isn't game based, and can happen due to shipwrecks, plane crashes, metro crashes, zombies, apocalypse, food scarcity, you name it. I would recommend the tag to just be Survival, and i would be very happy to see it implemented, would make searching for my favorite manga's a lot easier.

SURVIVAL

While both "Death Game" and "Survival Game" have been suggested, I agree with 2hot and Ponies and would favor a more simple "Survival" tag to cover both of these situations.  It would greatly reduce the number of series that would be pulled up by the "Horror", "Tragedy", "Mystery" or "Psychological" tags in an advanced search and should be a lot easier for the Admins to insert into the search parameters.

Edited by PervySageChuck, 27 December 2014 - 10:40 PM.

Always yield to temptation, it may not come your way again!

Thank you for your attention.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled manga, already in progress.

Hummingmoon

Hummingmoon

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSitting at a table in the Stray Sheep bar.

I agree with whoever came up with the reverse harem idea. There's so many regular harems that anyone looking for a reverse harem has to go through pages upon pages of what they don't want to finally get to something they do want. Which can be quite frustrating, honestly.

I also agree with the acting tag. That sounds like something I would be really interested in. Not to mention it's usually not included on manga sites, so it would add something different to batoto.

Edited by Hummingmoon, 29 December 2014 - 09:08 PM.

f30f865350027ec95909c0b7c2ad2d5f.jpg

Nyuu3

Nyuu3

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 82 posts

I'd like to see a Surreal tag. Usually this kinda stuff is just thrown under fantasy/supernatural, but it feels completely different.

aeroline

aeroline

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Vanilla tag

it's about sweet romance and interaction between 2 people, i would love to see this one and easy to find here