Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Seven is Magical

• Please log in to reply
2812 replies to this topic

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Insert shoujo manga overlay, 「I wished these days could last forever...」

*shimmery background bubbles*

It wasn't meant as a lament as much as a sort of... an apology for the day if/when I do disappear without warning or reason. Since, I won't be able to say 'sorry' even casually then, on account of not being here anymore. (Aside: If I sound melodramatic it's probably because I finished reading Fujimi Lovers last night. Followed by a bit of binging shoujo-y stuff for recovery purposes.)

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

noooo, don't read heavy manga before sleeping

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Eh, for me it's more like, "Don't read something heavy in the morning or it will sit on you all day." I'm not sure what effect it has in my sleep schedule, though, but eh! It's the weekend.

It wasn't the last thing I read at night by far though--that was the first half of the shoujo-manga binge. XD Of course I wouldn't want to read something heavy as the last thing before going to sleep.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Ah, I missed the recovery bit. *Doesn't read anything but comedy after all* 

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Nothing but comedy? owo; I could have sworn I've seen you post comments on things that weren't especially comedy though? Maybe it's all low-key-comedy stuff that I don't think of as comedies but still technically are? (That covers a lot of ground, after all)

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Well, mostly comedy for sure. They may have been chapter 1/oneshots which I incorrectly assumed to be comedy. Probably low-key comedy is right. 

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Mmm-hmm. I don't read for comedy as a general rule, so I can be oblivious as to how funny something is or isn't, I think. Unless it's something like Gintama where humor is clearly goal #1 (I kind of hate Gintama, but it's the most popular example I can think of off the top of my head), to me comedy is just a tool used to tell a story, rather than the reason I'm reading it.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

By comedy, I meant 'happy' stuff(because sad things are sad D':), not necessarily laughs. Also, I didn't enjoy whatever bit of Gintama I did read.

Edited by penrosecat, 18 March 2018 - 07:19 PM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Ohhh.... Okay, everything makes sense now. *faceplam* Sorry, I should have been able to figure out from context that you were using comedy in the classical sense.

I usually don't read tragedies either, especially not ones long enough for me to get attached to anyone. But occasionally one will attract me for some reason; Fujimi Lovers was one of those. I can't say for sure because it's been a while, I think it was the cover art that drew me in, but I'd be hard pressed to articulate why I'd want to read it after seeing that face...

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Well, the guy IS crying his heart out (looked it up)

Example: just read Dakara Miyoko Desu

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

Dakara Miyoko Desu started out as almost a pure (heartwarming) comedy against a barely-touched-upon tragic backstory, and only hit the emotional buttons really hard after hitting ch. 30-ish, I feel, though.

(I dearly love that series, regardless. Haven't read the most recent 10 chapters or so, that translation team is going fast owo;)

Edited by pokari, 18 March 2018 - 07:45 PM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

It's welcome as long as people smile on the fourth panel. (Though people have complained about emotional bombs. As usual, I went with the flow.)

Also, I tend to explain my reading habits as 4-komas because they are basically all comedies.

Edited by penrosecat, 18 March 2018 - 07:47 PM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I feel like yon-koma are increasingly becoming just whatever, though. The structure does still require it be either funny or... something, though, I guess.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Just looked at my follows list. They are all 4-koma (the ones on top) :/ (albeit good ones)

Edited by penrosecat, 18 March 2018 - 08:01 PM.

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I don't have a follows list. It bothers me that mangadex keeps track of what chapters I've read while I'm logged in. I like looking at a series and trying to remember whether or not I've read it before, sometimes.

So long as you at least skim the titles of ~4/5 of all the updates on the main page, and catch anything you've missed by surfing the random button lots--what good is a follows list really anyway? :'D *addict*

Edited by pokari, 18 March 2018 - 08:06 PM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

True, I didn't keep a list till ~10th January or so.

(After all, I visit the site everyday. It's not possible to miss anything.)

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

I should eat soon :/

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

I should eat soon :/

GOODNESS WOULD YOU LOOK AT THE TIME (indeed, time to sleep)

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts

M'kay. Sleep well. ^-^

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

^o^