Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Hiatus discussions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2219 replies to this topic

Yanoshii

Yanoshii

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 226 posts

I want to see how Wagnan will become stronger, which items he will buy because he has no hope of climbing the tower if his skill/power remains idle. Even Miseng was stronger than him during the workshop battle. I assume Koon will use some of his money to better equip Wagnan, since Wagnan buys Shinsoo items. I can see him getting a ignition weapon which would befit him. Baam's team needs to be more diversified, not sure if they have all roles filled.

Why_so_serious__by_inge80.jpg

Torres

Torres

Potato

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationAustralia

the prologue felt like a sci fi novel instead of the usual TOG chapter for me so i was confuses as to what i had just  read

personally i was let down you would understand how one would be over hype with anticipation over a  prologue 

when the very first prologue that started season 2 was epic

not to mention at that time the last arc that SIU gave us right before he went on Hiatus was the Flower of Zygnea 

I agree. The Emily prologue felt like some weird filler chapter/side story that fleshed out the universe because it was totally unexpected. Waiting in anticipation for that first chapter builds up the excitement until you're filled to bursting. The prologue isn't meant to deflate you lol

Still, I'm not expecting much this time around. SIU seems to take his time building the tension and story. The fans suffer but it is the hallmarks of a great artist.

here I suppose.

By the way, I think that it was just a generic "power aura" to show that she is strong, more than a way to show some supposed shinsoo abilities

Yeah, but where was it? I don't remember seeing it. I know she used an ignition weapon and she has to have ridiculous shinsoo resistance (she must have passed that mini pre-test by Lero-ro/Quant on the 2nd floor) so she is obviously capable. I just don't remember seeing it.

Also, is the use of an ignition weapon a use of shinsoo? Unless I have my knowledge down wrong, Baam ignited (?) the Black March and yet he didn't even know how to form a bang until the 2nd floor.

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

Yeah, but where was it? I don't remember seeing it. I know she used an ignition weapon and she has to have ridiculous shinsoo resistance (she must have passed that mini pre-test by Lero-ro/Quant on the 2nd floor) so she is obviously capable. I just don't remember seeing it.

XD I forgot to add the link

Spoiler

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

Maihime

Maihime

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWhere I am right now
Congrats on reaching 100 pages! XD

In the lineapps translated version of chapter 107, as Mad dog & Ron mei are leaving, they mention they will try to "take back" the slayer position. Meaning, Maddog WAS a slayer, but got bumped out because of Baam. While the company translation made it seem like he just wanted it?

Which of these is more correct I wonder? Since stealing is different from taking back.

Maybe like Baam he was/is a Slayer Candidate, and before Baam came he was the most favorable one, but when Baam, an Irregular, came he was kicked out of the spotlight, so he's aiming to take that position back by stealing the already decided position from Baam?

I want to see how Wagnan will become stronger, which items he will buy because he has no hope of climbing the tower if his skill/power remains idle. Even Miseng was stronger than him during the workshop battle. I assume Koon will use some of his money to better equip Wagnan, since Wagnan buys Shinsoo items. I can see him getting a ignition weapon which would befit him. Baam's team needs to be more diversified, not sure if they have all roles filled.

They have all the roles filled, even more with the addition of Koon and co. to the team..

That test was only given by Lero-ro. Quant didn't give that one.

Bamboo Forest

Bamboo Forest

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

Fun fact about Tower of God:

Gyetang's name, seems to have come from samgyetang, boiled chicken soup.

This happened before the Devil of the right arm episode.

Everyone was discussing about Gyetang's name with SIU on twitter, and they were joking about things like how Gyetang's relationship might have been with Chickenlove, or how Gyetang's surename is 'Kot' so that his name becomes 'Kotgyetang'(boiled crab soup). 

SIU said that "I'm going to make Gyetang a great fried chicken" on twitter. Everyone laughed at that time, but...

Gyetang died three months later. What a bad joke, if you think about it.

Edited by Bamboo Forest, 22 July 2014 - 01:31 AM.

Sangios

Sangios

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHarusame's 7th Division

Everyone was discussing about Gyetang's name with SIU on twitter, and they were joking about things like how Gyetang's relationship might have been with Chickenlove, or how Gyetang's surename is 'Kot' so that his name becomes 'Kotgyetang'(boiled crab soup). 

SIU said that "I'm going to make Gyetang a great fried chicken" on twitter. Everyone laughed at that time, but...

Was... there a World Cup before Gyetang died?

Best pairing:

Spoiler

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Was... there a World Cup before Gyetang died?

Hahaha .

Gyetang's name, seems to have come from samgyetang, boiled chicken soup.

Well , at least we got something out of this , if he tells a joke like that again , it should give a deathflag to that character.

Edited by salvatore, 22 July 2014 - 01:44 AM.

Fishcake

Fishcake

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationLost in the forest of the 77th floor

Hahaha .

Well , at least we got something out of this , if he tells a joke like that again , it should give a deathflag to that character.

Him mentioning giving Baam a wig kind of sounded like a joke.

Which means we can expect Baam to be bald in the future?! :lol:

Edited by Fishcake, 22 July 2014 - 01:57 AM.

man00ver

man00ver

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts

Did you see the part where she "activated" all the shinsoo in a 3m radius around her during their 2F test?  Did you read SIU's blog comment that among the fishermen on 2F, only Anak and she had sufficient shinsoo control to use a reel inventory?  Did you notice that her clumsiness vanished once she started wearing sensible footwear?

Endorsi's the clobbering type because that's usually sufficient.  It's not to say she doesn't have other tools, but...well...when every problem is a nail, the only tool you need is a hammer.

Like Bam, I think it's safe to say that SIU hasn't shown us everything she can do.

I think it's safe to say we haven't seen everything Ran can do, either, and he's already shown us quite a variety. Sure, Androssi has a bit of shinsoo control, just like everyone does, but we haven't seen her form bangs at all. I think we could probably agree that Ran overmatches her in the shinsoo department, just like she overmatches him in raw strength.

As for her clumsiness, well, a few clues still pop up from time to time:

orKvP3G.jpg

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Spoiler

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

It means that we can expect him to start winning every fight with one punch.

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationWorshipping at the shrine of Trebor, The Hammer of Justice

Spoiler

Spoiler

First Ideal of the Knights Radiant:

Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination

NoKoon

NoKoon

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • LocationHell

Spoiler

i seriously cant stop laughing! thank you for this

also i agree about the Emile prologue. i was so confused at first that i had to make sure i was reading ToG when i first encountered it. BUT in retrospect its amazing. I like how SIU draws things out and makes us wait to see what their real significance is way later in the future

Edited by NoKoon, 22 July 2014 - 02:52 AM.

2ih0c9f.jpg

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

And some people compain about Endrosi because it sounds kinda like endorsement. XD

Sangios

Sangios

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHarusame's 7th Division

And some people compain about Endrosi because it sounds kinda like endorsement. XD

Wait, is it Endorsi? Or Endrosi? If it's the latter, then... I can totally deal with that.  :P

Best pairing:

Spoiler

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

I think they'll have an easier time if they focus on the 'End' part like me, rather than the 'Endors' part. To me, it sounds like she's about to End someone.

Even if I do think of it as Endorse, it's kind of funny, because she Is quite popular so it kind of fits. xD

"I'm Endorsi Jahad. Endorse me. Or else."

Endorsi Jahad. Putting the End in Endorse.

Edited by Mizura, 22 July 2014 - 03:40 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

Wait, is it Endorsi? Or Endrosi? If it's the latter, then... I can totally deal with that.  :P

엔 En
도 do
르 r
시 si

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Reminds me Adori will also be called Midori xD 

Alraisen

Alraisen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • LocationProbably not here.

엔 En
도 do
르 r
시 si

RWF, plis, could you do another "real" translations from the korean like this? Like Shibisu, is it really the perfect translation?

Although I understand that the pronunciation in korean is different, so if you can't no problem.

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/FZox7ZH.gif

Spoiler

Maihime

Maihime

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWhere I am right now

Spoiler

I didn't need to see that...