Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Hiatus discussions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2219 replies to this topic

Fishcake

Fishcake

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationLost in the forest of the 77th floor

About what will be done for next chapter's release; Looking over some of the chapters now, it seems like the translations on the line app have become 95% better. Of course, there are still some hiccups with typos & sentence structure, but the chapters I read over all seem pretty darn good. (which is probably why other scanlation sites are already ripping them for themselves...)

So hopefully the chapter will be uploaded & translated soon after the korean release when it happens with the level of quality it has now.

man00ver

man00ver

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts

Lol Wut ?

I doubt Maschenny was even trying when she "fought" him. And just because he can use her techniques doesn't mean much. SIU already said no one can use her technique like she can.

Just because he's a little talented doesn't mean he'll clean her clock. Also Ran is the most talented regular in the Kuhn family, not the family as a whole.

Maschenny is Zahard princess, who also a daughter of a great family head and is ranked in the top 100. I'm sure Ran would never defeat her. Just because he was able to beat Anak doesn't mean much.

I think you're underestimating her a bit too much saying Ran may one day " easily clean her clock ". Besides Ran might not even become a ranker.

Before beating Maschenny , he should have the potential of beating people like Androssi or Yuri , and which i doubt he can , when he's having hard time with halfs .

I never implied that today's Ran could beat Machenny (or any Ranker). He's a cut above his peer group, and I don't expect that to change as he gains experience. Perhaps imagining him "easily cleaning Machenny's clock" is a bit excessive, since she'll always have the blood of Zahard and her Yellow May (unless Yuri takes it from her)...but I give him much better than a 1-in-10,000 chance of defeating her in the great future day when he's a High Ranker and they clash again. Assuming she survives that long, of course.

P.S. I think Ran would give Androssi a hard time right now. She doesn't have a good ranged attack, and Anak was able to beat her hand-to-hand. Ran had Anak at his mercy, you'll remember.

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.

I never implied that today's Ran could beat Machenny (or any Ranker). He's a cut above his peer group, and I don't expect that to change as he gains experience. Perhaps imagining him "easily cleaning Machenny's clock" is a bit excessive, since she'll always have the blood of Zahard and her Yellow May (unless Yuri takes it from her)...but I give him much better than a 1-in-10,000 chance of defeating her in the great future day when he's a High Ranker and they clash again. Assuming she survives that long, of course.

P.S. I think Ran would give Androssi a hard time right now. She doesn't have a good ranged attack, and Anak was able to beat her hand-to-hand. Ran had Anak at his mercy, you'll remember.

I believe it is time to vote.

kfi6l.jpg

man00ver

man00ver

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
Vote? VOTE?!? Sometimes the chump wins the vote you know....

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationWorshipping at the shrine of Trebor, The Hammer of Justice

I believe it is time to vote.

There shall be no voting!

Only vicious, baseless assertions that one character is better than another with only the fact that the arguer likes that character more to back them up.

THE FANDOM SHALL NOT BE CIVILIZED!

Edited by Ichypa, 20 July 2014 - 10:01 PM.

First Ideal of the Knights Radiant:

Life before death
Strength before weakness
Journey before destination

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

There shall be no voting!

Only vicious, baseless assertions that one character is better than another with only the fact that the arguer likes that character more to back them up.

THE FANDOM SHALL NOT BE CIVILIZED!

It is too late, my marvelous Emergency food supply.

The votes are already being cast in a theoretical box.

It is the time for the caveman's era to come to an end, so that the civilized man may rise and prosper.

Viva la civilization, dear Ichypa.
*strolls towards Ichypa with unparallelled passion, striking him with counter-arguments about progress and archaism*

In addition, it already appears that Miss Androssi, the... erotically ecstatic Princess, is winning the argument by a march of 90%.

*laughs like a gentleman* That poor halfling, Ran. Some things are simply out of his reach, are they not? He's like a spark next to her.
*takes a sip of punny tea*

Edited by God of LoL, 20 July 2014 - 10:28 PM.

kfi6l.jpg

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

It is too late, my marvelous Emergency food supply.

The votes are already being cast in a theoretical box.

It is the time for the caveman's era to come to an end, so that the civilized man may rise and prosper.

Viva la civilization, dear Ichypa.
*strolls towards Ichypa with unparallelled passion, striking him with counter-arguments about progress and archaism*

In addition, it already appears that Miss Androssi, the... erotically ecstatic Princess, is winning the argument by a march of 90%.

*laughs like a gentleman* That poor halfling, Ran. Some things are simply out of his reach, are they not? He's like a spark next to her.
*takes a sip of punny tea*

You fool, by placing them in the box, you have subjected them to the uncertainty principle. Now, whenever you open the box to see who's winning, you will change the outcome each time you observe it.

YOU HAVE RENDERED YOUR OWN VOTES MEANINGLESS!

Life before death
Strength before weakness

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

You fool, by placing them in the box, you have subjected them to the uncertainty principle. Now, whenever you open the box to see who's winning, you will change the outcome each time you observe it.

YOU HAVE RENDERED YOUR OWN VOTES MEANINGLESS!

Bitch, it's no Schrodinger's cat.

Whenever I observe the box, the outcome is always the same. It will not change just because I observed it now or tomorrow.

The box in question is too macro-scale for quantum mechanics to work in a meaningful manner on it.

kfi6l.jpg

gus

gus

Couch Potato

• tC Donator
  • 2,335 posts

all this gossip that SIU is releasing make me want to see a chapter 

that explore  (Baam &co)  daily life and socially interaction in the tower  when the story plot is not present

Edited by gus, 20 July 2014 - 11:22 PM.

m5siUe7.jpg?1

Ichypa

Ichypa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

Bitch, it's no Schrodinger's cat.

Whenever I observe the box, the outcome is always the same. It will not change just because I observed it now or tomorrow.

The box in question is too macro-scale for quantum mechanics to work in a meaningful manner on it.

You just can't handle the amount of quantum I'm bringing to the table.

Life before death
Strength before weakness

shonryukku

shonryukku

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • Locationnyc

what's wrong with the color yellow?

[only commenting to bring us closer to 100 pages]

The mark of greatness is when everything before you is obsolete and everything after you bears your mark
Posted Image

Torres

Torres

Potato

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Androssi would tear Ran a new one. I still think Anak is stronger than Ran even though Ran played with her in their fight. He used his ultimate technique/ability right off the bat and she used . . . a punch? The reason she lost was because she lost her cool and wasn't able to think rationally. Do you think she, with Zahard's blood flowing in her, couldn't evade Ran for 5 minutes. Hell, if she just played a defensive, counter attacking style of fighting she could have still won. All theoritical of course.

Androssi is the complete opposite of Anak. She is calm (except when Baam is involved), merciless and rational. She can be ruthless if need be. Waiting 5 minutes for Ran to tire himself out is well within those parameters. Also, I could be wrong here but have we ever seen her use shinsoo?

So hopefully the chapter will be uploaded & translated soon after the korean release when it happens with the level of quality it has now.

Bam, Endorsi and Shibisu? *Shudders*

LOL weird phonetic translation of names aside, I agree. It's a decent translation that makes me understand what is going on. I would rather we continue as we have been going but if they want to do this then we as foreign fans should do whatever is necessary to support them. Hopefully, SIU gets rich and continues for another 40 years.

Augusgus

Augusgus

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 204 posts

I'm kind of confused about all this talking about Ran and Androssi (or Endorsi  :wacko: ). Isn't Androssi stated to be above Ran in the E-Rank Regular Top 5 thingy? This should be enough of prove that she is stronger than him?

Also my personal feeling tells me that she would win against Ran, considering that she once won against Anak who gave him a hard time and also that she is really freaking strong, like really freaking strong. Ran may put up a good fight but he would lose, I don't think he could beat her in 5 Minutes with his super-sayajin technique. But that is just my personal opinion  ^_^

[...] Also, I could be wrong here but have we ever seen her use shinsoo? [...]

Now that you mention it I can't remember seeing her using any shinsoo whatsoever. Maybe someone could enlighten me (us)? But she used an ignitation weapon once against Quant and I could imagine that this requires beeing able to use shinsoo to some degree.

Posted Image

Fishcake

Fishcake

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationLost in the forest of the 77th floor

what's wrong with the color yellow?

[only commenting to bring us closer to 100 pages]

Quatro likes toasting chirpy-colored things I guess. (pet bird he/she had, wangnan..)

Now that you mention it I can't remember seeing her using any shinsoo whatsoever. Maybe someone could enlighten me (us)? But she used an ignitation weapon once against Quant and I could imagine that this requires beeing able to use shinsoo to some degree.

She tried to during the 1st & 2nd fight against Ran, but failed to hit the mark.  Don't remember the exact chapter it happened.

Edited by Fishcake, 21 July 2014 - 12:54 AM.

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

I'm kind of confused about all this talking about Ran and Androssi (or Endorsi :wacko: ). Isn't Androssi stated to be above Ran in the E-Rank Regular Top 5 thingy? This should be enough of prove that she is stronger than him?

Also my personal feeling tells me that she would win against Ran, considering that she once won against Anak who gave him a hard time and also that she is really freaking strong, like really freaking strong. Ran may put up a good fight but he would lose, I don't think he could beat her in 5 Minutes with his super-sayajin technique. But that is just my personal opinion ^_^

The top 5 was quite bs. Just look at Reflejo vs Viole fight. And it had Koon/Rak out of it.

Edited by Random-Webtoon-Fan, 21 July 2014 - 01:02 AM.

gus

gus

Couch Potato

• tC Donator
  • 2,335 posts

The top 5 was quite bs. Just look at Reflejo vs Viole fight. And it had Koon/Rak out of it.

not to mention the top 5 did not count at all they were already D ranks to begin with

m5siUe7.jpg?1

man00ver

man00ver

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts

Androssi would tear Ran a new one. I still think Anak is stronger than Ran even though Ran played with her in their fight. He used his ultimate technique/ability right off the bat and she used . . . a punch? The reason she lost was because she lost her cool and wasn't able to think rationally. Do you think she, with Zahard's blood flowing in her, couldn't evade Ran for 5 minutes. Hell, if she just played a defensive, counter attacking style of fighting she could have still won. All theoritical of course.

Androssi is the complete opposite of Anak. She is calm (except when Baam is involved), merciless and rational. She can be ruthless if need be. Waiting 5 minutes for Ran to tire himself out is well within those parameters. Also, I could be wrong here but have we ever seen her use shinsoo?

Most character's comments indicate that Anak beats Ran in a toe-to-toe slugfest, but that's not how he fights. He didn't use the Lightning Pill in their first scuffle--which Baam interrupted before the conclusion--but Ran was the only one who landed any hits there. I conclude from this that Ran is naturally faster and more skilled than Anak. He's got a big strategy bag and reads his opponents well. The whole reason he told Anak the Redan restrictions was because he knew she was too prideful to take advantage of the time limit. Though she successfully baited him too in the end, but we'll never know the final determination of that fight (I think he had her, personally).

You're certainly right that Androssi would have no compunction against BonBon-ing out of range until the Redan ran out, but Ran would surely know this about her and not be suckered into using it recklessly. He could do something sly, like rope-a-dope for a bit, hide in his stormcloud while taking his pill, then sneak up and grab her with mega-tasers blazing. Or something else from his playbook. Androssi's not a big shinsoo user (in fact, she admired Anak's body-strengthening skill during their fisherman class exercise), and while she can be underhanded she's pretty much the full-time clobbering type, not terribly adaptable, not too hard to trick, and sometimes even a bit clumsy! 

I'm kind of confused about all this talking about Ran and Androssi (or Endorsi  :wacko: ). Isn't Androssi stated to be above Ran in the E-Rank Regular Top 5 thingy? This should be enough of prove that she is stronger than him?

Also my personal feeling tells me that she would win against Ran, considering that she once won against Anak who gave him a hard time and also that she is really freaking strong, like really freaking strong. Ran may put up a good fight but he would lose, I don't think he could beat her in 5 Minutes with his super-sayajin technique. But that is just my personal opinion  ^_^

The "Top 5 E-Rank" list was never really official, and I certainly never saw them slotted into those ranks. Androssi didn't -quite- win against Anak; although she put a big hit on Lizard-girl, she finally got pushed off the platform and just barely managed to bring Anak with her as she fell. Her keep-away strategy and last-woman-standing strategy both fell apart. Like I said - a little clumsy and not hard to trick.

Torres

Torres

Potato

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationAustralia

not to mention the top 5 did not count at all they were already D ranks to begin with

Yeah it was more like a peer review thing published in a local magazine. Very opinionated and far from factual. There was no Baam/Viole, Reflejo, Koon. I think Laure would be close as well. Then there was Beta. What about the 2 devils? Essentially, it is quite flawed evidence in any power discussion. The only point it can back up is that those 5 clearly are in the top tier of the E-rank class. 

She tried to during the 1st & 2nd fight against Ran, but failed to hit the mark.  Don't remember the exact chapter it happened.

That's Anak. She used 4 bangs which is epic and makes her one of the strongest shinsoo users among her peers. Ran considered someone with 3 bangs as problematic.

However, we were talking about Androssi. 

Alraisen

Alraisen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • LocationProbably not here.

either way I'm excited to see the return of the series

i just hope it not like the Emile prologue

I loved the Emile prologue! 

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/FZox7ZH.gif

Spoiler

Maihime

Maihime

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWhere I am right now

About what will be done for next chapter's release; Looking over some of the chapters now, it seems like the translations on the line app have become 95% better. Of course, there are still some hiccups with typos & sentence structure, but the chapters I read over all seem pretty darn good. (which is probably why other scanlation sites are already ripping them for themselves...)

If you say so...
By the way, I can check for updates through the website of the app right? Because the app is still not available in my country (might not ever be -.-)