Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Hiatus discussions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2219 replies to this topic

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

Try to keep everything not directly related to the final chapter on this thread instead of the latest chapter thread.

-------------------------------

So; Tower of God is on a 6 week hiatus while SIU recovers? What ever do we do? How can we survive in such a cruel, cruel world?

I have some suggestions:

1) Reread ToG: If you only read a few chapters a day, it should last the entire break.

2) Find another comic to read: Recommendations are welcome here, or check the comic finder. I recommend Kubera.

3) Wait for blog stuff, etc.: I heard the gossips are starting up again, but that might just be a rumor. :) Also, SIU said he might answer select questions from the Naver Cafe, and RWF said he might ask him some on behalf of all of us.

4) Play some games. (Also, check my sig or find me on irc if you want to play any with me. I'm super competitive though.)

5) Writing more your thing? Play some roles. Or start one about ToG.

6) Be ten years old again.

7) Go get some sunlight.... Oh, who am I kidding. :)

Dr.Cheese

Dr.Cheese

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,454 posts
  • Locationbathroom

I keep picturing SIU in humorous situations such as learning to use the toilet with his other hand, or fumbling around while eating. No, it is not that bad if you get some sitcom canned laughter soundtracks.

The Hero Appears! The Hero Appears! The Hero Appears!

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

I keep picturing SIU in humorous situations such as learning to use the toilet with his other hand, or fumbling around while eating. No, it is not that bad if you get some sitcom canned laughter soundtracks.

I keep picturing him drinking bottle after bottle of soju............historically speaking all the great writers were drunks you know   :)

QWYsMly.gif

Edited by svines85, 11 May 2014 - 02:42 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Fishcake

Fishcake

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationLost in the forest of the 77th floor

What's a sunlight?

Also, I'll drop a list of things im reading~

Hellper

http://vatoto.com/read/_/181872/hellper_by_amadmanscans

God of Highschool

http://vatoto.com/read/_/4050/the-god-of-high-school_v1_ch1_by_easy-going-scans%20I

The Breaker

http://vatoto.com/read/_/142088/the-breaker_v1_ch1_by_hidoi-translators%20Someone

Off-White

http://off-white.eu/comic/prologue-page-1/

You already listed kubera, so there's that lol. I haven't dived too deeply into hellper, so I dont know how well it will be, the others I really enjoy.

There's also Noblesse & Black butler, but those seem to be hit & miss with some readers. (black butler starts off very uninteresting I think, but it gets better much much later)

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

I downloaded 620 episodes of One Piece , i plan to watch it in next week after i finish reading all the mangas i bookmarked but didn't read  , I am glad my hands is full . 

rak n' roll

rak n' roll

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

I downloaded 620 episodes of One Piece , i plan to watch it in next week after i finish reading all the mangas i bookmarked but didn't read  , I am glad my hands is full . 

Even if you ignore the lead-in and closing music, that's still roughly 240 hours of One Piece.  Plus your bookmarked mangas.

There are 168 hours in a week.

Sounds like you'll be next to go on hiatus.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Even if you ignore the lead-in and closing music, that's still roughly 240 hours of One Piece.  Plus your bookmarked mangas.

There are 168 hours in a week.

Sounds like you'll be next to go on hiatus.

LOL  

My hiatus would be 2 seconds , i'll just come back in the blink of an eye .:D

gus

gus

Couch Potato

• tC Donator
  • 2,335 posts

i think I'll re read (magician&Kubera &TOG) and  start reading Black Haze

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also  guys if you still looking for a webtoon you should check out Divine Bell

Edited by gus, 11 May 2014 - 04:48 AM.

m5siUe7.jpg?1

Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • LocationUnder there.........I just made you say underwear.

I guess I can reread Trace.

Baam/Night mado134

Baam/Night mado134

Potato

• Members
  • 113 posts

there r a lot of great manhwa but 4 me i prefer : the breaker & the breaker new waves, the god of high school, the gamer, ability

3feet

3feet

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts

Tenjou Tenge forever recommending this because there's still people that don't know about it.  Honestly anything OH! Great touches is gold

Akame ga KILL

Tokyo Ghoul is amazing except there's translation/scan issues after chapter 56

As for me I have trace 1.5 and Trace 2 to read 

Bryanky

Bryanky

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,162 posts

Actually this hiatus is good for me since I have a billion things due for university from now till the hiatus ends. :D I only read TOG right now, don't watch any shows, anime or read anything else..I don't know if that's good or not but..hey. 

xik

xik

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 68 posts

...Is it six weeks later yet?

Alraisen

Alraisen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • LocationProbably not here.

After rereading first season, I started with the second... and it was much better than I thought. I think I was only waiting for BaamRaKoon to appear, along with Androssi. And in the beggining of the season, the characters reallly seem good. The only one I don't like is the girl with glasses (I just don't like her).

Nothing that I know can replace ToG, so I suppose when I finish second season I'll have to resist.

Edited by Alraisen, 11 May 2014 - 06:22 AM.

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/FZox7ZH.gif

Spoiler

Raleader

Raleader

Potato

• Members
  • 167 posts

well im going to re-read it all again and see if i missed any spelling mistakes in it.

My recomendation for people looking for something to read: Shin angyo onshi, Berserk, angel densetsu, holyland, suicide island, kurogane (toume kei), midori no hibi, monster, ares, mugen no juunin, MX0, NHK ni youkoso, oanni master kurosawa, school rumble, sundome, Alive, Tsubasa: reservoir chronicle and xxx holic.  

There are great works for all kinds of taste.

Edited by Raleader, 11 May 2014 - 08:17 AM.

Yra

Yra

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationUnder the waves, humming to dead ships

I'll just play some games and read stuff I guess T_T

I've heard a bit about Magician and Black Haze, are they any good?

I started Magician a bit, but I had to get adjusted a bit to the art xD

Sig.png

Spoiler

Baam/Night mado134

Baam/Night mado134

Potato

• Members
  • 113 posts

I'll just play some games and read stuff I guess T_T

I've heard a bit about Magician and Black Haze, are they any good?

I started Magician a bit, but I had to get adjusted a bit to the art xD

Magician is good but the storyline is so slow

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.

I'll watch that Ben 10 Omniverse, I guess.

I never had the chance to do so and the new style intrigues me... (Negatively, to tell you the truth.)

Edited by God of LoL, 11 May 2014 - 09:44 AM.

kfi6l.jpg

Middle Finger Of Arlen

Middle Finger Of Arlen

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 259 posts
  • LocationUnder a Rock w/ a good wifi signal

I'll watch that Ben 10 Omniverse I guess.

I never had the chance to do so and the new style intrigues me... (Negatively, to tell you the truth.)

Ben 10 could have been such an awesome story.  The base idea behind it really got my attention, its too bad that they decided to pander to such a young audience base.  Also it took them forever to figure out that the more different aliens he actually turned into the better.  My god in the beginning of Ben 10ism even though he had access to 8 or 10 aliens they constantly shoved 2 or 3 of them down our throats, it seems the new storyline is for a little bit older audience so thats a plus but i agree with you the new style is .............. hmmm I do not know how to describe it, but yes i agree its a negative in my opinion as well

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.

Ben 10 could have been such an awesome story.  The base idea behind it really got my attention, its too bad that they decided to pander to such a young audience base.  Also it took them forever to figure out that the more different aliens he actually turned into the better.  My god in the beginning of Ben 10ism even though he had access to 8 or 10 aliens they constantly shoved 2 or 3 of them down our throats, it seems the new storyline is for a little bit older audience so thats a plus but i agree with you the new style is .............. hmmm I do not know how to describe it, but yes i agree its a negative in my opinion as well

That and the whole Gwen thing made it... confusing at some points.

I even had to check the wiki to make sure they really were cousins.

Other than that, though, Ben himself is 10 years old. It kind of makes sense for him to really love 3 aliens over all others. (I mean, 4 arms is kind of cool.)

Alien Force and Ultimate Alien aren't that bad, though. They did it fairly right, I'd say.

kfi6l.jpg