Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] Tales of Batoto

tales batoto vesperia xillia

• Please log in to reply
1890 replies to this topic

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts

Spoiler

About to go to work. will finish later on.

Also about the system

i think he just left out certain aspects of the system. I do believe that creating defense artes are actually encouraged and i believe if you use a defensive arte in correspondence to a damaging arte, the calculation works the same for defense.  So if you wanted to defend against an arte with just your normal skill, it will hurt a lot because it is an arte.  Building defensive passives might help out negate some of that sting as well. Same goes for speed.  I think it was an oversight that he forgot to put in.

Edited by kiddeadpool, 13 January 2014 - 02:42 AM.

Spoiler

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

Except there is nothing in place for Defensive Artes. Assault Artes, when used with your Physical Attack of 6, can reach 24 or 30 for the sake of damage application (since 5-Costs are locked for now). That means if I want to fight you, I have two options.

A- I plow 29 points into Physical Defense, which leaves every other stat at 1 thanks to the minimum. While this makes me one giant arse physical tank, it effectively cripples me on most other fronts, particularly Magic Defense (which you could then turn around, pop a 2-cost Magic Arte and utterly destroy me), and it still doesn't stop you completely on the physical front.

Or B- I spend the first half of the fight constantly blocking you and praying to Saint Sebastian and his jetbike that I can hold on until you run out of TP, after which I now have to scramble to try and damage you... except there's nothing stopping you from employing exactly what I just did, so it becomes a question of who can chip the other death/correctly predict the block first.  

2rD2TPI.gif

Myself, as told by a Hawk;

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Which is why I said it might have been an over sight
Spoiler

Axe Of Khorne

Axe Of Khorne

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNext Door...

Except there is nothing in place for Defensive Artes. Assault Artes, when used with your Physical Attack of 6, can reach 24 or 30 for the sake of damage application (since 5-Costs are locked for now). That means if I want to fight you, I have two options.

A- I plow 29 points into Physical Defense, which leaves every other stat at 1 thanks to the minimum. While this makes me one giant arse physical tank, it effectively cripples me on most other fronts, particularly Magic Defense (which you could then turn around, pop a 2-cost Magic Arte and utterly destroy me), and it still doesn't stop you completely on the physical front.

Or B- I spend the first half of the fight constantly blocking you and praying to Saint Sebastian and his jetbike that I can hold on until you run out of TP, after which I now have to scramble to try and damage you... except there's nothing stopping you from employing exactly what I just did, so it becomes a question of who can chip the other death/correctly predict the block first.  

Regards to B, the enemy doesn't have to use high cost TP all the time, a strong 1-2 TP DMG is enough to hurt you, and will keep you blocking forever, because if you drop it once, you die.

Damage is broken

If you want to sum up this creature in a paragraph...

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Or defense needs to be fixed
Spoiler

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!

Spoiler

Okay! Added more polish like TP costs and the roles of each move. Support and Assault, etc.

Edited by Trouble, 11 January 2014 - 12:33 AM.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Spoiler

Okay! Added more polish like TP costs and the roles of each move. Support and Assault, etc.

Hmm, Burst artes are supposed to be 4 TP not 5, 5 TP are the mystic artes and we can't have them yet.

Aye? O.o

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷
From experience, L usually have a damage scaling for attack stats (for example, having 10 p.atk does not mean your p.atk are 10x stronger than one with 1 p.atk, much to my dismay in one of his rp where I accidentally put all the inefficient points in stats)

Then again, this is a new system, so we will need to wait.

On another note.. how does res work again? Mathematically, I mean

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!

Hmm, Burst artes are supposed to be 4 TP not 5, 5 TP are the mystic artes and we can't have them yet.

Aye? O.o

Spoiler

My Mistake! Fixed now.

Fun fact however. "Remy Antoinette" is my first and middle name in real life. :3

Edited by Trouble, 11 January 2014 - 02:11 AM.

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

/knew it

Inumori

Inumori

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Location....good question.....

/knew it

YOU!

*drags Liar back to BoF*

The Dog's Woods

Spoiler

An Adventure by Mischief

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!

/knew it

You've known for ages, silly.

YOU!

*drags Liar back to BoF*

-Assists in this measure.-

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

/knew it

YOU!

*drags Liar back to BoF*

You've known for ages, silly.

-Assists in this measure.-

-dogpiles-

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

I did say Duels weren't meant to last very long.

Defensive points are there to resist maybe one or two extra attacks with a good amount of points.

Furthermore it only sounds that way because you didn't take into account of the higher cost Artes, which can potentially end a match immediately. They are also slower and can be denied by lower cost Artes, furthermore the defense scaling is there so that 0 cost Artes are not useless except against people who put points into it, which forces them to use higher cost artes in order to even damage them. Recall that Defense is calculated straight, meaning 10 Defense will block 10 damage, and anything 10 or lower will essentially be completely blocked. I made Defense with the problem of people spamming 0 Cost Artes in mind. Usually a highly defensive character would be slower, so forcing enemies to use slower moves like 1 and higher cost to even hurt them allows them to use 0 Costs and win the trade, likely their opponent doesn't have many defensive points, so 0 Cost moves can be decently effective. In a battle of tanks though, it is a pure slugfest and can literally take a long time, so let's avoid those.

There is also the fact that you didn't take into account of blocking, reducing damage to 10%, and respectively also Magic Guard which is for magic artes, these two actions are what everyone has access to.

So Duels can indeed last awhile, but only while clean blows are not dealt, and that can be achieved with proper evasion and blocking.

Oh yeah, regarding your rebukes about defenses, again.

Ploughing 29 points into one offensive stat would turn you into a wave motion cannon of sorts, but you'd also be a literal glass cannon under tonnes of pressure. Very likely your 0 Cost artes will be slower than other people's 0 Cost Artes because of that very low Skill. There is a way around it, and that's by out-ranging, but even then your low Speed would make it almost impossible to hit someone who has decently higher speed from a distance. They need only get close and wham, you're gone, with nothing defending you you're gone.

Edited by ~L~, 11 January 2014 - 03:22 AM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.
Well what abt my queries?

I plan to join but character death is a question? Will they be permanent or like Reizarch.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Reizarch's weren't permanent...

And no, it's not permanent. You'll be back and up on your feet again if you get defeated. Speaking of which, I will allow Revival spells, but they can only be used once per battle.

The only time death will be permanent is if story demands it, or you leave and I feel your death is best.

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

I plan to join but character death is a question? Will they be permanent or like Reizarch.

So much for not joining, huh DR?

Knew you couldn't stay away for long....xD

I plan to join, or I'd like to but coming up with a bio, style that works and artes are such a paiiiiin atm.

Might take awhile.

xD

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.
Well the pull of the RP god is too strong on me. But I don't wanna jinx this RP as in every RP that I am a part of dies. So I get left behind with unfulfilled feeling.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Any attempts to "abuse" the system and go for the supposedly OP high power stats, will be met with what you thought sucked, is actually kicking your ass.

So I do advise you to be a biiiit more balanced with your stats.

Okay?

Then again, it is entirely voluntary to go into a duel anyway, there aren't any compulsory duels in this RP.

Edited by ~L~, 11 January 2014 - 05:55 AM.

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts

so lets say i make a magickal barrier to defend against an attack as an arte or i create a passive movement arte

how does that scale or calculate?

Spoiler