Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] Tales of Batoto

tales batoto vesperia xillia

• Please log in to reply
1890 replies to this topic

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Time manipulation is fun!

And yet. Blink belongs to meeeeeeeee. >D

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

Not for the people having to deal with it!

Anything to do with time manipulation or anything sciencey, drives me crazy.

Grrrr!

lol

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Vafhudr

Vafhudr

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts

Never mind that - several of her abilities are not even time related!

92242d14-d321-46c6-a0ac-45c7a9ce6bb0_zps

ShiroOuji

ShiroOuji

Potato

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationIn my House

that duel system is making my head spins. @_@

but let's see if I can come up with a CS.

tumblr_nj7oiijytN1racgo0o2_500.gif

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Because it's for dueling.

I'm not surprised it does.

Though please don't get lazy and not put down the TP costs of everything. Still needed, furthermore they are a gauge for how powerful the arte is.

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

I'll just leave this WIP here.

The Arte list is going to take a hell of a while.

Spoiler

Edited by Captain Sciutto, 11 January 2014 - 03:42 PM.

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Rastia's Artes are done if anyone needs reference.

Just so you know, 2 things you need to add for each arte. The obvious TP cost, and it's category Assault/Support/Passive. You won't have more than two or so passives may be, but you'll have a lot of either Assault or Support depending.

In mine I outlined their category as A/S/P, or for Assault/A, MA or PA. I only have PA, or Physical Assault moves though. No MA, or Magic Assault.

Furthermore, Burst Artes and Mystic Artes can only be damage dealing artes, so Alter Time is going to have to change Trouble.

Also, more on relationships later. I want more players in here so that you can start formulating Harmonize Artes.

Spoiler

Edited by ~L~, 13 January 2014 - 09:11 AM.

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷
May I have passive-heavy character?

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.
Interested but not joining...have fun peeps.. :D

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

It's very difficult to think of even one passive.

I don't think it's possible to have one.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
So Rastia is more or less Reiji..cool

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

Actually he's much closer to an as-of-yet playable character.

Though then again, all their mechanics are fundamentally different, their styles of speed remain the same.

I won't explain why because that would be a waste of time on a comment that does not contribute to this RP.

I don't take no back talk around here.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
So what system is this RP more like in video game terms...somewhat like Blazblue again or something else..lus will you moderate the fights like you did on oMF..I don't think batoto has group system like OMF..

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

El Phantom

El Phantom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts

If I had to say...

I don't think any game I know uses this resource system. It was originally derived from Persona 4 Arena's Persona Points, but I borrowed that and gradually changed it.

It is perhaps still rather close to Tales, specifically Graces' Chain Capacity system, as all Artes did not have TP Costs, but Chain Capacity Costs instead. Though the way resources are treated here are rather different, as some moves do not cost a thing to use, and Chain Capacity recharged almost instantly.

The entire part about not being able to use any Artes whatsoever for a short time when your TP hits 0 (that includes the 0 cost Artes) came from the Persona Break aspect of Persona 4 Arena.

So I suppose I'm borrowing from both.

As for Duels, the way it's designed here, they should not last very long. It shouldn't be difficult to dish out a huge chunk such as 40% of someone's HP from a good hit, especially from characters designed to be heavy hitters.

Edited by ~L~, 10 January 2014 - 04:12 PM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
Okay thanks on that. Next query. Suppose someone (especially me) makes another glacier if the tiers double the stats originally allotted will there be no redemption for slow pokes like them them. Because bosses will cream the league of such players.

Second doubt, is character death here permanent?

Final doubt, will the character submission lock in before the start of Act #1 like on other one..if I find some piece of inspiration and wanna join in..will I have to wait for Act 2.?

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Done.. Ish

Spoiler

Edited by fayrbrant, 14 January 2014 - 05:18 PM.

Axe Of Khorne

Axe Of Khorne

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNext Door...

Problem I have with the system is that it only favours people who spec into damage and nothing else. Apparently, damage is calculated as follows:

Spoiler

Then, the actual harm caused is as follows:

Spoiler

From this information, putting stats into Defence and Resistence (and in a sense Speed), becomes pointless. Sure, you might have a chance to avoid damage or happen to have the right amount of DEF in order to Block it so you don't die, but then it becomes a case of, when is it safe to attack? The system feels unbalanced, and clunky, because damage is calculated to such a high interval.

I might add more later, but this is the glaring flaw

If you want to sum up this creature in a paragraph...

Spoiler

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Well, maybe this system isn't designed to be a mass PvP fest. Rather, L wants to get all the duels and that nonsense out of the way for the sake of the story!

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

SliceAndDice

SliceAndDice

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 95 posts

He does have a point though, especially since by that setup the RES stat is next to useless unless you plow every single point you can into it... 

2rD2TPI.gif

Myself, as told by a Hawk;

Spoiler

Axe Of Khorne

Axe Of Khorne

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNext Door...

Well, maybe this system isn't designed to be a mass PvP fest. Rather, L wants to get all the duels and that nonsense out of the way for the sake of the story!

Duelling can happen with NPC's Mis, so the system does apply to the story when you confront obstacles leading up to your destination.

He does have a point though, especially since by that setup the RES stat is next to useless unless you plow every single point you can into it... 

Pouring points into Defences is practically pointless, especially if you actually want to deal damage to something. Too much Defence just to survive an attack means you can never really hurt them. Making Defensive stat builds pointless. Even Bruiser builds, a mix of ATK and DEF, can be a bit of a risk since you do not have priority to go first to deal damage, and the Defence to survive the inevitable alpha strike.

It's just imbalanced atm

If you want to sum up this creature in a paragraph...

Spoiler