Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Gamer latest chapter discussion

Manhwa Manhua RPG Game comic

• Please log in to reply
1391 replies to this topic

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

The 'with Soul Stone restores 50 MP' brings up an interesting question that isn't really clear.

Since the spell costs 50 MP to begin with, does that mean that using the spell with a Soul Stone restores 50 MP IN TOTAL (as in, if he started with 100, cast the spell, and he now has 150), or does it mean that basically the spell is free (as in, he started with 100, the spell cost 50, and then restored 50, leaving him at 100).

In either case, I wonder if he could use a Soul Stone to cast it when out of mana?

We don't know if he can cast it on himself, though. So far he's only used it on Sun-Il. So with a Soul Stone he'd be able to restore someone else's mana/ki.

castleguard215

castleguard215

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

The 'with Soul Stone restores 50 MP' brings up an interesting question that isn't really clear.

Since the spell costs 50 MP to begin with, does that mean that using the spell with a Soul Stone restores 50 MP IN TOTAL (as in, if he started with 100, cast the spell, and he now has 150), or does it mean that basically the spell is free (as in, he started with 100, the spell cost 50, and then restored 50, leaving him at 100).

In either case, I wonder if he could use a Soul Stone to cast it when out of mana?

No I think it pretty much just covers the cost of the spell. If I had to guess I would say he would need the 50 mp to initiate the spell but then would get a 50 mp refund from the soul stone.

We don't know if he can cast it on himself, though. So far he's only used it on Sun-Il. So with a Soul Stone he'd be able to restore someone else's mana/ki.

Ya thats an interesting possibility. He may or may not be able to restore other peoples magic points with this. If the Mp restoration is only intented to be for the target of the spell then ya that would mean there would be no free casting for him unless he is able to target himself. But on the other hand it would give a lot more versatility to a group if he is able to restore another persons magic points.

It could be that he is the only one that recovers the 50 mp regardless of who he is targeting when he is using a soul stone. We might just have to wait and see on this one though.

Windying

Windying

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I think the Black Summoner collected the zombies to be able to summon them later. His creatures have to come from somewhere, right?

Anyway, the two chapters were pretty good. Explaining the basis for powers in the world laid the foundation for the future. There seem to be some interesting abilities out there. I wonder what abilities Jee-han is able to learn.

INB4, full-blooded male teeneager with raging hormones . New Skill: Masturbation was learned. :D

I agree with your point. Is kin gof scary later on if the BS suddenly let lose of those zombie into someone else's territory.

Olinser

Olinser

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts

I agree with your point. Is kin gof scary later on if the BS suddenly let lose of those zombie into someone else's territory.

He could also have been gathering whatever summoning 'resource' he uses.

That is, rather than summoning the specific creatures he absorbs, each creature gives him Summon Points depending on their power/life force when absorbed (i.e. the zombies gave him 5 points each, if he absorbed one of the slimes it would give him 30 points), and then to summon the various creatures he has to use more points based on their power - so to summon a zombie back costs 20 points, to summon that crazy bug thing he used on Soul Blaze Fist user cost him 250 points, etc.

He certainly didn't seem particularly worried about his summons being destroyed.

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts

An interesting detail in this chapter: he had a bored expression in front of the computer. I think he will lose interest in virtual games now that he is living inside one. That was a nice touch by the authors.

sorrow

sorrow

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • LocationThe States, Colorado

"Apprentice undead hunter"  vs  undead +30%  attack +30%  defense +5 to all stats. 

Disinterested mother, or was she maybe she is the one the summoner got permission from to test people ??? was she perhaps surprised his friend will be better in a few days?

Yahoo the redhead is back! Anticipating good things in the next chapter.

Somehow I pictured him happy to see her

Spoiler

but instead he is trying to ward her off, he was happier to see the zombies.

Edited by sorrow, 25 November 2013 - 03:51 AM.

You must die, I alone am best!

Posted Image

Signature: a swordsman in ‘Magician’

Spoiler

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

Since he's back in school, it will be interesting to see if the effects of raising his INT to 15. He almost doubled his score, so I wonder if it will have obvious changes or more subtle ones.

Moose

Moose

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone wondering aloud about the existence of the latest temporary dungeon with all the zombies... why did it randomly pop into existence? The previous one looked to be created by the Black dude so he could kill them, or something.

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

Since he's back in school, it will be interesting to see if the effects of raising his INT to 15. He almost doubled his score, so I wonder if it will have obvious changes or more subtle ones.

Well in chapter one he said that raising his Strength actually increased the amount that he could lift, so I'd expect that he should be smarter now.

FUG

FUG

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone wondering aloud about the existence of the latest temporary dungeon with all the zombies... why did it randomly pop into existence? The previous one looked to be created by the Black dude so he could kill them, or something.

Jee-Han thought that the Black Summoner created the illusion barrier with the zombies, but there isn't really any evidence to prove that he is right about that.  It could be that the zombies were actually created by someone else or might be a natural phenomenon. 

I get the impression that the Black Summoner isn't really a villain.  He's testing people's skills "to prepare for what's about to happen".  It sounds like something bad is going to happen, like the appearance of a bunch of monsters that are much stronger than zombies.  When that happens I think that that the summoner will probably end up helping the good guys.

raisane

raisane

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

I wonder how she'll react on him having one of her clans' spell and him also having a soulstone with that. (maybe the soulstone is a secret from the clan or smthing)

NainIlleven

NainIlleven

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I knew he was abnormal but for his ability to be max level in the clan [Shinin]...awesome. Does that mean he is legendary! Also all the important people are gathering in the same class. It looks like the adventure guild is about to be formed with that black summoner as the team leader.... :batoto_016:

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

Jee-Han thought that the Black Summoner created the illusion barrier with the zombies, but there isn't really any evidence to prove that he is right about that.  It could be that the zombies were actually created by someone else or might be a natural phenomenon. 

I get the impression that the Black Summoner isn't really a villain.  He's testing people's skills "to prepare for what's about to happen".  It sounds like something bad is going to happen, like the appearance of a bunch of monsters that are much stronger than zombies.  When that happens I think that that the summoner will probably end up helping the good guys.

Interesting idea.  Well, now that he's Jee-Han's teacher, we'll surely be getting some more hints.  I wonder what heir-boy is going to say when he finds out those two are in class all of a sudden!

MagicWafflez

MagicWafflez

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationOhio

does any one know what shinin means? I know they'll probably explain it all in a chapter or two, but I want to know nooooowwwww~!

I bet the box has a crap ton of skill books in it. But because he keeps boasting about learning it, the clan doesn't know how prereqs work for his ability, so I most likely can't use them. (he's only got 12 pts to allocate at the moment.)

Hopefully they have some basic tai quan do books or something though, I'm sure 15 str is good enough for those~

It seems like because they're not very tech savy, the clan isn't really understanding his ability completely, they seem to only grasp pieces of it and miss understand somewhat. like "can read books with his had" and "has exp and stuff".

out of the three, his best friend kind of grasps it better, though this may be because he's had a better explaination of his abilities (can see levels, got skills and stats, has inventory)

I don't think they're underestimating him anymore though. In fact, I think they're over estimating him thinking he can magically learn any skill and perform it perfectly.... I think he's going to need some serious training if they want him to learn whatever it is.

mangold

mangold

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
From what I can gather from what we've already seen of BS he only threatened Jee-Han to get that girl to fight, and if he can summon a variety of monsters he only went for one that just held him in place and it only attacked because he broke free. So I wouldn't say BS is an antagonist just yet.

I hope Jee-Han starts getting some passive skills to help him out, like that Wind God technique that came up in the dojo's illusion barrier, or some new equipment like stat boosting accessories! Be pretty funny to see him try and explain why he's suddenly wearing earrings to people even though they increase his MP regen :).

grandexeno

grandexeno

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

To those wondering, my guess is that "Shinin" is like "Godlike" Ability Class.

All in all my question is: if all it takes to learn something is to "acquire the book" (like Neo in Matrix, basically?), what's the purpose in raising INT to "study faster" (like someone pointed)? He can just "acquire" the knowledge for "Mathematics", "Literature" "Karate" and on and on. Or is it? :3

(hello, new member here, Alexander: you all can call me Xeno if you so like =) )

sorrow

sorrow

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • LocationThe States, Colorado

To those wondering, my guess is that "Shinin" is like "Godlike" Ability Class.

All in all my question is: if all it takes to learn something is to "acquire the book" (like Neo in Matrix, basically?), what's the purpose in raising INT to "study faster" (like someone pointed)? He can just "acquire" the knowledge for "Mathematics", "Literature" "Karate" and on and on. Or is it? :3

(hello, new member here, Alexander: you all can call me Xeno if you so like =) )

Welcome grandexeno, & to answer your question he can only learn skill books like a game character 90% of books you read in games like the elder scrolls are just like reading a book in real life another 5% will help with quests or enlighten you on various enigmas only 5% are likely to be skill books. He is not Neo even if he dose learn a skill if he don't get experience it wont be impressive beyond the fact that he now knows it & school books wont be learned so easily he got a notification telling him he could learn that skill book just by touching it no such luck with math. 

One thing this chapter has shown us is whether its him, his best friend, the transfer student, or the substitute teacher normal people seem to leave them alone & its probably that way with all ability users further more and this might be a stretch but I think it is likely that they are drawn to each-other. I expect that in the next few we will learn just why there are ability users in the first place. 

You must die, I alone am best!

Posted Image

Signature: a swordsman in ‘Magician’

Spoiler

Sourcerer

Sourcerer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

What puzzles me is why didn't the MC try to open the "Help Window"? First thing I would do in his situation.

Edited by Sourcerer, 29 November 2013 - 03:00 PM.

jacobpaige

jacobpaige

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
Anyone else think that box is full of skill books? I wonder how many of them he'll be qualified to use? Also curiuos if he'll start thinking about his build when he sees the diversity of requirements for the various skills.

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

Wish something more happened in the latest chapter. The Blaze Soul Fist girl transferred but nothing happened. Then the Black Summoner randomly comes in as their teacher, but nothing happened beyond a small appearance. Sort of wished either he had some kind of internal debate about whether to save his Stat Points or use a few of them. Or if there were noticable effects after raising his INT and VIT up to 15.