Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Gamer latest chapter discussion

Manhwa Manhua RPG Game comic

• Please log in to reply
1391 replies to this topic

aeonstorm

aeonstorm

Potato

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationEurope

I think its funny how everytime so far in the series including todays raws when he tells someone his ability or that he'll be strong they start laughing, they really should stop and think about how scary that ability really is and how powerful he could become. I mean the main characters in RPGs can end up being completely twinkish godlike beings who can't be stopped.

I mean even if it only seems minor right now just think about some of the aspects of his ability:

- Game character body = he no longer has human limitations, I think he said at one point that it would theoretically take 40 mins to fully recover his HP as long as he didn't die that is freaking superhuman regeneration if you ask me. (imagine recovering from multiple broken bones, fractures, lacerations, and internal bleeding in less than an hour)

- in the chapter where he was training his skills he said that no matter how tired he was from swinging the bat and training he was completely fine after a half hour break, imagine if he had a teacher to help him learn skills how fast could train and get stronger.

- Gamer's mind = it might seem important but this skill is so ridiculously overpowered, I mean no matter what happens he is immune to psychological effects and can think in clear tactical manner. so basically no fear, panic, stress, confusion, no freezing combat. basically not matter what sort of situation or opponent/enemy he is up against he will always be analyse it calmly, clearly and deal with it, obviously he lacks training and experience but once he a bit of that under his belt watch out.

(I mean I suddenly found myself in a street full of flesh eating zombies in the middle of the night all alone I'd probably panic, freeze up and scream like a little girl and get killed.)

Edited by aeonstorm, 07 November 2013 - 06:53 PM.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

I mean even if it only seems minor right now just think about some of the aspects of his ability:
- Game character body = he no longer has human limitations, I think he said at one point that it would theoretically take 40 mins to fully recover his HP as long as he didn't die that is freaking superhuman regeneration if you ask me. (imagine recovering from multiple broken bones, fractures, lacerations, and internal bleeding in less than an hour)

Technically, he didn't say that. I did, after finding out that he heals 5 health points/minute and has 200 health points. :)
But yes, it's impressive. Look at ch. 10--the sis whaled on him for 150 hit points! She correctly noted that broken bones should be expected and yet there he was just going "Ow! I lost 3/4 of my hit points!" and got back 1/4 worth just by snarfing some freaking bread and milk! Meanwhile, his friend the heir of whatsit is in intensive care, gonna be out for a month after getting nearly killed.

Thiis

Thiis

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Yall are underestimating the system. If the teacher can be level 15 I can easily see a human reaching higher. You have to realize the level is a combination of all the stats. So say we have this really smart guy trained in martial arts. He'd have a higher level than an average guy who's somewhat better at martial arts. So if we took an Olympic athlete who had a PhD I could see theme being in at least the low 20s.

sorrow

sorrow

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • LocationThe States, Colorado
Spoiler

That would be insane if he healed from those injuries that fast but even in games if your bleeding then you don't heal rather your hit points continue to go down and a deep wound would lower his maximum health by like 20% so heal skills and potions ( bread & milk lol ) would still leave him suffering from those conditions, so with that in consideration he may well have taken a month to heal from the same injuries as Sun-il.    

You must die, I alone am best!

Posted Image

Signature: a swordsman in ‘Magician’

Spoiler

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

I doubt it.  He's already got a "stop bleeding" item he snagged from the medicine chest.  He seems immune to most other injury conditions; only the kind of thing you can get from game injury would apply (Now if he were playing certain tabletop RPGs with elaborate critical charts, that would be a little different).  Even if he did somehow get a broken bone or something, I'd bet that he just would need to get a splint or a cast and they'd be instant-healed.

Now it's possible that summoner and his waves of darkness can inflict weird necromantic wound conditions that drain your vitality or something, and he'd have to get rid of that condition before he could heal properly.  But that's a fairly special case, and even there I suspect he could clear it much more simply than a normal person or even most talented people if he could figure out how.

moyra

moyra

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationOkinawa

If there is going to be romance I would rather it be with Kwon Shi-Yun <soul blaze fist user> so i am glad he turned her down.

Moyra Wendy Angela Darling

Spoiler

user139530g

user139530g

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts

Dark Souls > Gaia

user139530g

user139530g

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts

Chapter 11, page 33:

Spoiler

Guciomen

Guciomen

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

Lore for chapter 11 and maybe earlier chapters too.

Spoiler

Edited by Guciomen, 16 November 2013 - 08:45 AM.

L3zl13

L3zl13

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

If there is going to be romance I would rather it be with Kwon Shi-Yun <soul blaze fist user> so i am glad he turned her down.

He just now obtained some kind of soul burning technique. Was it from the same school (of martial arts) as the Red head girl?

I immediately thought that would give the opportunity to meet again with her.

sorrow

sorrow

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 442 posts

Haha I guess that Lv 42 summoner is still doing as he pleases, I wouldn't be surprised if clan elders showed up to deal with him in the next chapter.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Pseudonymous_Existence

Pseudonymous_Existence

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationStanding behind you.

Half Life? Seriously? 
I just had an nerdgasm.

Monuments may crumble,

And nations turn to dust.

The wheels of worlds may tumble,

Or grind until they rust.

PogoLamp

PogoLamp

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

LOL this is pretty interesting, I guess we will have to stick to the gaming explanation for a while.

Maestro

Maestro

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

Having to say skill names to activate them could be a big weakness in the future o.o

"If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life."

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

Having to say skill names to activate them could be a big weakness in the future o.o

I don't know that he actually needs to do it, he might just have the wrong idea about how to activate his skills.

Hachiman

Hachiman

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

he will turn into a mage/assasin huhehue

jacobpaige

jacobpaige

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

He really needs to take better care of his equipment. He's not exactly made of money and finding another weapon as good as that one probably won't be easy until he finds a way to profit from fighting these monsters or a way to craft his own weapons.

Unless he goes full mage, but then he'll run the risk of dieing whenever his mana runs out.

Either way, he also needs to get himself some real armor. Preferably something he can wear under his clothes or equip quickly in emergency situations.

castleguard215

castleguard215

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

really he doesn't need to go full mage.

Just needs to find a skill book on unarmed combat.

Olinser

Olinser

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts

The 'with Soul Stone restores 50 MP' brings up an interesting question that isn't really clear.

Since the spell costs 50 MP to begin with, does that mean that using the spell with a Soul Stone restores 50 MP IN TOTAL (as in, if he started with 100, cast the spell, and he now has 150), or does it mean that basically the spell is free (as in, he started with 100, the spell cost 50, and then restored 50, leaving him at 100).

In either case, I wonder if he could use a Soul Stone to cast it when out of mana?

sorrow

sorrow

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 442 posts
Spoiler

I think that was in regards to his mana regeneration so if he had a soul stone he would have regenerated an additional 50 mana every 5min.

Posted Image

Spoiler