Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Gamer latest chapter discussion

Manhwa Manhua RPG Game comic

• Please log in to reply
1391 replies to this topic

jacobpaige

jacobpaige

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

I wonder if he'll ever convince the old guy to try video games, and if he'll be an even bigger gamefreak than the hero when he does? ;)

God-Emperor

God-Emperor

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,729 posts
  • LocationRelaxing inside of trees of 77th Floor and reading something.

Since he's back in school, it will be interesting to see if the effects of raising his INT to 15. He almost doubled his score, so I wonder if it will have obvious changes or more subtle ones.

More like one small gain in INT. If we use base stat of 255 or 99, depending of system then the max is something like around Albert Einstein INT or above.

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

Well, we now know it's possible to get to at least 90, since he tried for a skill that had that as a prerequisite!

Frizzo

Frizzo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationItaly

ok, Just found it. It's too cool.  :batoto_010:   :batoto_032:

Olinser

Olinser

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts

More like one small gain in INT. If we use base stat of 255 or 99, depending of system then the max is something like around Albert Einstein INT or above.

It would still be a noticeable gain. The change that matters is relative values, not absolute values.

When he increased his strength from 10 to 15 at the beginning, he clearly noticed an increase in his strength. As well he should, as he basically increased his Str by 50%

Increasing his Int from 8 to 15 should also produce a noticeable difference - he's almost DOUBLING his initial value. Increasing it from 50 to 55 should produce a barely noticeable change. Basically, the higher he is, the less noticeable difference each individual point will make.

Edited by Olinser, 09 December 2013 - 07:15 PM.

Culaio29

Culaio29

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 99 posts

It looks like gaia has sense of humor since she is making fun out of main characters artistic skills XD

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts

Importantly, it seems that Jee-han doesn't need to be so paranoid about surviving. Hwan Sung-gong has just said that he doesn't mind if Jee-han just breaks the illusion barriers. So our protagonist has been sweating over nothing: instead of fighting for his life against every foul thing he finds inside Sung-gong's experiments, he can just break free. We also get proof that Sung-gong has no interest in him either: he barely acknowledged his existence, and his joining Jee-han's school might just be a coincidence due to other reasons.

Still, Sun-oh was quite clever to describe Jee-han's ability as a banal, unimportant nuisance of entering illusion barriers inadvertently. Much cleverer than telling him that the nondescript student is the newest Shinin-class ability user in the region.

I like the fact that, although he is the protagonist and most of the time the story is about his own travails, he hasn't been thrown into the eye of the storm from the beginning (like most protagonists, from 25th Baam to Ryota Sakamoto to Oga Tatsumi, crossing all kinds of plot). Most people, even the Chunbumoon, seem to consider him a minor factor that doesn't register in their calculations. So if Jee-han is going to evolve into the hero (or the Mcguffin), he will have to earn the spot and it will take time.

Next week, I predict that Sun-oh will tell him nothing and he will enter a normal training routine. As for Sung-gong and Shi-yun, I think they will start making their moves, whatever they are. The way the story is going, I think Jee-han's next involvement in something ugly will also be by accident.

sorrow

sorrow

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • LocationThe States, Colorado

He now has a method of leveling up; he already had it but we now know he can farm the illusion barriers without running into dire consequences. Two illusion barriers a day thats like two dungeons a day in the game world. B)   

You must die, I alone am best!

Posted Image

Signature: a swordsman in ‘Magician’

Spoiler

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

OK, so he just acquired a crafting skill.  It's pathetic right now, but apparently it's a universal crafting skill.  Holy crap!  I realize it's a little late to be worrying about balanced abilities after some of the stuff he's been getting lately, but consider:  He can fool around with clay for a while, do some painting maybe, put together some plastic models, and after he does that for a while he'll be a skilled swordsmith and armourer, be able to craft any item that's craftable.

In real world terms, he'd presumably be a machinist as well, not to mention carpenter, glassblower, weaver, tailor . . . you name it.  His real-world employability is assured if he grinds this some.

In other news, yes, his life just got easier.  But we appear to be down a bad guy and source of conflict for the story.  Unless that dude is suckering the clan.

Edited by Purple Library Guy, 14 December 2013 - 08:16 PM.

grandexeno

grandexeno

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

Two things made my day from latest chapter:

1) the popup window from the Craft skill....anyone knows about "The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor"? ;)

2) the AWESOME hint at the most in-famous NPC blacksmith in MABINOGI...Ferghus the "weapon breaker". Check YT there's also a unique video about him that will roflcopter whoever played Mabinogi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3Gya0N84kE

Truly "epic" chapter for these 2 gems alone: the MC openly wondering about his mom level and such smelled like "readers' response"

flowsthead

flowsthead

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

In other news, yes, his life just got easier.  But we appear to be down a bad guy and source of conflict for the story.  Unless that dude is suckering the clan.

Considering he said he was just testing that girl in the beginning, he was never a bad guy to begin with most likely. He's probably just there to set up a bunch of stuff for the real bad guy yet to come. That's also why the old guy let him be, because the enemy of his enemy is his friend.

The face of the angel of history is turned toward the past. Where we perceived a chain of events, he sees a single catastrophe which keeps piling wreckage and hurls it in front of his feet. The angel would like to stay, awaken the dead, and make whole what has been smashed. But a storm is blowing from Paradise; it has got caught in his wings with such violence that the angel can no longer close them. This storm irresistably propels him into the future to which his back is turned, while the pile of debris before him grows skyward. The storm is what we call progress.
~Walter Benjamin

Olinser

Olinser

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts

Considering he said he was just testing that girl in the beginning, he was never a bad guy to begin with most likely. He's probably just there to set up a bunch of stuff for the real bad guy yet to come. That's also why the old guy let him be, because the enemy of his enemy is his friend.

Given how much Manga an Manwha love contrived coincidences, his mother's as yet unknown abilities, and everything, I'm laying heavy odds on the Black Summoner's boss being either Jee-Han's mother or Jee-Han's father.

winebat

winebat

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

I would love it if he turns out to be his father but I doubt it. I mean he knows who his father is and how can he not recognize him or his voice? Unless, it's his biological father? I thought he was a half-orphan but parents are usually very important or very useless in shows. I'm betting that both his parents have powers but that black summoner isn't related to him. I mean he won't use his own son, pretend he doesn't know him or Jee-Han's friend's family won't recognize him. I mean they know him and his mother, how can they not know his father? or at least saw a picture? 

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts

No, Olinser meant he thinks the Black Summoner is working for Jee-Han's mother or father--that they're his boss.  Being as how he can see that guy's level but not his mother's, his mother must be more powerful (or at least, higher level) than that guy.  I'm not sure I buy it, but it's an interesting idea.

grandexeno

grandexeno

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

No, Olinser meant he thinks the Black Summoner is working for Jee-Han's mother or father--that they're his boss.  Being as how he can see that guy's level but not his mother's, his mother must be more powerful (or at least, higher level) than that guy.  I'm not sure I buy it, but it's an interesting idea.

Well, considering how his mother knew he was going to train at the dojo without him telling her, and that she went to the "GYM" (and subsequently knew about this fact), we can guess that the Gym she speaks about (and USUALLY goes to) can only be the dojo, thus quite the peculiar connection she has with martial arts/power users.

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

Well, considering how his mother knew he was going to train at the dojo without him telling her, and that she went to the "GYM" (and subsequently knew about this fact), we can guess that the Gym she speaks about (and USUALLY goes to) can only be the dojo, thus quite the peculiar connection she has with martial arts/power users.

Sun-Il's grandfather said he was going to phone Jee-Han's mother, that's how she knew.

grandexeno

grandexeno

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

Sun-Il's grandfather said he was going to phone Jee-Han's mother, that's how she knew.

*goes hiding in a dark corner*

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts

I think it's very likely she is somebody very tough (level ??), and knows exactly what's up at that dojo (if she's a power user and her son's been friends with the heir for lotsa years it'd be pretty weird if she hadn't figured it out by now).  I just think from that to a connection with the summoner dude is a bridge too far.  He seems new on the local scene, like the clan folks didn't seem to have a handle on what he was up to.

As to the gym, I'm sure it's some kind of excuse, but I find myself doubting she's actually part of that clan and would actually train with them as a rule.  She doesn't seem the type . . . they mostly seem to have a certain attitude, you know, old school philosophical martial artsy people who barely use telephones.  She's never given off the same vibe.  Plus the clan seems like if she was part of it they'd have wanted to bring Jee-Han up as part of it too.  There's lots of different groups and solo power-using individuals out there near as I can figure, and only some of them are martial-artsy types.  My guess is more they know each other, there's mutual respect but not a formal connection.

Frozen Ice

Frozen Ice

Potato

• Members
  • 100 posts

It looks like gaia has sense of humor since she is making fun out of main characters artistic skills XD

Yes. Or maybe she thinks highly about art. When you think about it, living creatures are like a work of art, shaped by evolution or Gaia herself. His Slime has the shapelessness of a Slime without having the jumping ability and other various functions of one, which may be why she thinks so lowly of it. XD

winebat

winebat

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

I have a question about korea, in some asian countries, you are not allowed tot marry people with the same last name. His and his mother's last name is Han. His dad's face is blank, could this mean that his parents never married? He said his dad's a mystery and in America, so does this mean that he rarely sees his father? So his father can be the head of a secret organization and he doesn't know? Kind of like Kill Bill but not as violent. 

Edited by winebat, 16 December 2013 - 08:02 PM.