Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Poll: Where do Kubera readers come from?

Poll Kubera

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

Poll: Origins of Kubera readers (477 member(s) have cast votes)

Where do you come from (country you are in or country you were born)? [NO multiple choice]

1. Africa (Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda etc...) (7 votes [1.47%])

Percentage of vote: 1.47%

2. Asia (China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mongolia, Thailand etc....) (66 votes [13.84%])

Percentage of vote: 13.84%

3. Australia or New Zealand or the surrounding areas/islands (19 votes [3.98%])

Percentage of vote: 3.98%

4. Voted Europe (England/UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Spain, Sweden etc...) (160 votes [33.54%])

Percentage of vote: 33.54%

5. Voted Middle East AND Central Asia (Armenia, Israel, Kuwait, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Yemen etc...) (11 votes [2.31%])

Percentage of vote: 2.31%

6. North America WITHOUT Latin America (Canada or USA or any surrounding areas/islands) (149 votes [31.24%])

Percentage of vote: 31.24%

7. Russia AND any former Soviet Union states, that do not belong to other categories (separate choice here, since it belongs to Europe AND Asia at once) (19 votes [3.98%])

Percentage of vote: 3.98%

8. South America AND Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Venezuela etc...) (41 votes [8.60%])

Percentage of vote: 8.60%

9. Somewhere else (North Pole, South Pole, remote islands, disputed areas, other planets or dimensions ^^...) (5 votes [1.05%])

Percentage of vote: 1.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
Popcorns!!!
*Boredoom has entered 2hours of inactive state in toilet due to easting a couple ton of popcorns*

Thanks for zee popcorns!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Proud Member of Kubera Wiki

cry_nevermore

cry_nevermore

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
i live in the American boondocks, where the cows are outnumbered only by the hay that feeds them.

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **

i live in the American boondocks, where the cows are outnumbered only by the hay that feeds them.

..but, internet access ..so there was at least some development :)
Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

Dimitraa

Dimitraa

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationGreece
I am from Greece the land of crisis.:)

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK
Um... where I currently am? Or, where I grew up? Or places I've lived for more 5 years? Or where I was born? As... um...

I've done a fair bit of moving across continents. <_< I'm going to have to plump for "UK"... but, that's not my whole story. By a long chalk. <_<

Tien jaare as 'n kind in Suid-Afrika af en niks beteken dit? Dit wil ek nie glo nie, man.

Edited by Euodiachloris, 04 January 2013 - 05:32 AM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Rista

Rista

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
I am from sweden ^^ (why was it such a racket about scandinavia belonging to Europe or not? what a silly question XDD)
Posted Image
You Will Always Have my Support, even when you neither wants it or know it.

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **
@Rista: Nice signature ^^

But whoa, this many Kubera readers from Europe o_O I was like totally sure that there are tons of readers from USA and Asia, but only a few from Europe, and so far it seems like the European readers would top the poll ranking o_O Considering that most European countries do not have English as their main or even secondary/mandatory language.. It was a good idea to make that poll, the results are definitely very unexpected o_O

Africa and Middle East/Central Asia I can understand, since those regions are poor, and have very little internet access. But no one from Russia or former Soviet Union yet? But someone DID translate the Kubera title into Cyrillic letters...?
Or did you all click on "Europe", since half of Russia belongs to Europe anyway o_O?

Spoiler

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

Or did you all click on "Europe", since half of Russia belongs to Europe anyway o_O?

Russia itself is traditionally "European", particularly after Peter the Great went all out to try to avoid "Asian". <shrugs> But, before that... that's where it's always leaned since the Rus came from Scandinavia, even.

PlotCap.png

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
lol, no Russians, no Africans, no Middle-Easterns either. xD
Well, makes sense, they probably won't be hanging around English-speaking forums...

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

fiveseconds

fiveseconds

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 228 posts

Russia itself is traditionally "European", particularly after Peter the Great went all out to try to avoid "Asian". <shrugs> But, before that... that's where it's always leaned since the Rus came from Scandinavia, even.

I thought the Russians always deny that, or at least they don't see it as a popular theory.

I wasn't surprised about the demographics because someone made this thread asking where Batoto members came from and most of them were Europeans. I was surprised about the number of Europeans on Batoto though. xD

And yeah, that makes sense. I've met my fair share of people from UAE and Qatar online, but on games and not... webcomic forums. :)

By the way, how do you come from "somewhere else"?

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationPhysically? Kansas Mentally? Too many places to recall at the moment.

And yeah, that makes sense. I've met my fair share of people from UAE and Qatar online, but on games and not... webcomic forums. :)

From somewhere else? Say you live in the Falkland Islands (which are currently being fought over by Britain and Argentina (I think) AGAIN). There's a disputed area.

My Kuwaiti friend/classmate would probably be on here (he LOVES webtoons and mangas) BUT his foreign-exchange foster parents don't care for this kind of thing and have Batoto (and other sites) blocked. :o The internet's also apparently harder to access than in normal places here in the USA (in some parts of Kuwait). However, they get American TV just fine.

Edited by Kaiein, 05 January 2013 - 04:18 AM.

darrocia

darrocia

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
One from Holland here (^_^)

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

I thought the Russians always deny that, or at least they don't see it as a popular theory.

Depends on the Russians you're thinking about. Like anything else in the region, there's always somebody willing to strike up an argument and/or do the total opposite. ;)

Oh... and the Scandinavian roots, however, cannot be disputed. :) The details can, alright (those are probably fairy tales)... but, the bald fact is that a significantly large group of Scandinavians from somewhere else (who knows where exactly from there, though :P) colonised the region... probably in waves over quite a significant time period. :) What the actual history was? Dunno: but, I strongly doubt the "oh, will you please come and give us order and rule over us ktnx" bit of it. :lol: Let alone the names of those who did. <_< There's a reason why I pointed to the disambiguation, not the fairy tale itself. :lol:

Strong suggestion: what occurred in England might have happened elsewhere, though. The Anglo-Saxons and Jutes came over originally as mercenaries when local kingdoms hired them to keep other bands of marauders away when they couldn't do so themselves... and, they ended up taking over both culturally and via population numbers over time. :P This can be seen where I live in North Tyneside and still impacts the language around here. The fairy tales will have some truth to them. It's the degree that's at issue. :)

Try working out where St Helena belongs. <shrugs> Or, many of the dots in the Pacific region. Dots usually have trouble finding a pigeon hole others will accept, let alone themselves. <_<

PlotCap.png

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
@@ I learn more about history from euo than I do on my history classes

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Proud Member of Kubera Wiki

fiveseconds

fiveseconds

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 228 posts

Oh... and the Scandinavian roots, however, cannot be disputed. :) The details can, alright (those are probably fairy tales)... but, the bald fact is that a significantly large group of Scandinavians from somewhere else (who knows where exactly from there, though :P) colonised the region...

Try working out where St Helena belongs. <shrugs> Or, many of the dots in the Pacific region. Dots usually have trouble finding a pigeon hole others will accept, let alone themselves. <_<

The popular one I see is that a group of Swedes migrated east and eventually integrated themselves into the Slavic tribes. And then there were the Varangians. *shrugs*

And isn't Saint Helena British territory? Oh well, maybe they consider themselves far away enough to be separate from the English. I used to wonder what country you'd belong to if you were born on a plane, or ship.

Gizmos

Gizmos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 854 posts
Umm, I live in Turkey but in Europe side of it, so i don't want to vote it as Middle East TT

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • Location.-.
I'm from Spain , but i was really tempted by the other dimension option xD It seems to me there are more european people here that there are in the TOG forums.

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

And isn't Saint Helena British territory? Oh well, maybe they consider themselves far away enough to be separate from the English. I used to wonder what country you'd belong to if you were born on a plane, or ship.

"British" doesn't mean "European": when Hong Kong and Kowloon were British, you'd have a hard time convincing the inhabitants they were anything but East Asian of (usually) Cantonese decent... even though they usually identified as British. :) And, in St Helena's case... it's hard to say it's a part of Africa. <_< Check where it is... :P

The Falklands identify with other dots in the Southern Atlantic Ocean (including St Helena) before they identify with being South American, as well... although part of that is probably trying to tell Argentina they'd rather be considered part of Antarctica before they'd allow themselves to be any nearer their clutches through a naming convention. :P

And, I give you a more northerly problem: the Canaries. African... or do you wish to call them Spanish, and therefore, European? :huh: And, Hawaii: part of the Pacific Island community, or the American continent? It doesn't suddenly get attached to the North American continental shelves because it's politically a state. :) Heck, the whole place is between shelves. :P

Edited by Euodiachloris, 08 January 2013 - 08:56 AM.

PlotCap.png

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts

Umm, I live in Turkey but in Europe side of it, so i don't want to vote it as Middle East TT

Ok, you opt out of Turkey in Middle East, and chose Europe, and I opt out of cold Germany, and change my citizenship to Hawaii ^^ You can all visit me if you like, but Hula dancing and wearing of banana leaf skirts is required xD

Posted Image

Spoiler

tkl.ee

tkl.ee

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 426 posts
Yah, I'm also surprised by the large amount of us came from Europe.. Interesting. I was also expecting more from North America. That aside..

Here comes my pet peeve... so sorry in advance! ><!

Since it seems that you're really not separating countries by the 7 continents only then here are some suggestions:

If I remember correctly, a few of my Egyptian friends considered themselves as Middle Easterners and not African. Thus perhaps you may want to move Egypt to the Middle East.

I am also wondering since you have put Middle East and Central Asia on the poll that you should also separate "Asia" to East Asia (China, N/S Korea, Japan,Taiwan, and Mongolia), Southeast Asia (Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Burma, Thailand etc) and South Asia. Central Asia and Middle East actually don't include Pakistan and Afghanistan. They instead belong to South Asia along with India. The Middle East technically means West Asia including Egypt.

And since you have placed Middle East (not a continent) as one of the categories then perhaps, you may want to include "East Europe/North Asia" that way Russia will have a category with other nations aside from her own. Maybe if you do that then might as well separate Europe into West/North/South Europe. That way, anyone from the western part of Turkey can place themselves under South Europe.

It's a bit redundant to put South America and Latin America since technically, Latin America includes South America; thus, having only a category call "Latin America" should be feasible enough.

One Last God: Kubera (en)

Psst... need to find chapters that contain moments of LeezxYuta and LeezxKubera(Mister)? NO FEAR, click here