Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Poll: Where do Kubera readers come from?

Poll Kubera

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

Poll: Origins of Kubera readers (477 member(s) have cast votes)

Where do you come from (country you are in or country you were born)? [NO multiple choice]

1. Africa (Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda etc...) (7 votes [1.47%])

Percentage of vote: 1.47%

2. Asia (China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mongolia, Thailand etc....) (66 votes [13.84%])

Percentage of vote: 13.84%

3. Australia or New Zealand or the surrounding areas/islands (19 votes [3.98%])

Percentage of vote: 3.98%

4. Voted Europe (England/UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Spain, Sweden etc...) (160 votes [33.54%])

Percentage of vote: 33.54%

5. Voted Middle East AND Central Asia (Armenia, Israel, Kuwait, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Yemen etc...) (11 votes [2.31%])

Percentage of vote: 2.31%

6. North America WITHOUT Latin America (Canada or USA or any surrounding areas/islands) (149 votes [31.24%])

Percentage of vote: 31.24%

7. Russia AND any former Soviet Union states, that do not belong to other categories (separate choice here, since it belongs to Europe AND Asia at once) (19 votes [3.98%])

Percentage of vote: 3.98%

8. South America AND Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Venezuela etc...) (41 votes [8.60%])

Percentage of vote: 8.60%

9. Somewhere else (North Pole, South Pole, remote islands, disputed areas, other planets or dimensions ^^...) (5 votes [1.05%])

Percentage of vote: 1.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

You just reminded me of one of the reasons why Currygom would likely not stick to a faithful representation of Hindu mythology: so many weird families [/understatement]. xD

Interesting, it does seem similar! And after glancing at the wikipedia entry of Kashyap, I think it explains where the concept of "insight" came from. So, in Hindu mythology, the Devas and Asuras worked together once? It'd be interesting to see that happen in Kubera's world...

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

Quite similar.
According to one origin story both come from the same stock, having the same father. (except for the holy trinity of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva - Creator, Preserver and destroyer- who are the primordial gods formed from the cosmos itself). In this story all Devas/Suras and Asuras (which is what we call them) are sons of the great Sage Kashyap, who was one of the seven sacred sages. So they are half brothers/sisters. They fight constantly among each other but both bestow boons on worthy humans and both are prone to acts of good and evil. They are essentially mirror images of each other. With both respresenting one side of nature. The Devas represent the benevolent life giving side, while the Asuras represent the wrathful uncontrollable side of nature.
The one time they chose to work together, they churned the great oceans and released it's hidden treasures and dangers into the world. So yeah if they choose to work together they can achieve wonders. But mostly they fight with each other and the Devas do resort to tricks and deciet to defeat the Asuras from time to time.

I would love it if you can make a thread about how original Hindu myth goes, and what characters of names used in Kubera is actually like in the myth.

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

I would love it if you can make a thread about how original Hindu myth goes, and what characters of names used in Kubera is actually like in the myth.

Uh... Hinduism is... huuuuuuuuuuge (seriously: combine Judaism, Christianity and Islam (including side-branches of all those)... shake, bake... and you'll still have room left over in comparison).  And, it has clashing myths, depending on which branch you're focussing on (and, where you find it). <_<

Imagine if the culture of Ancient Egypt had not died.  Had Kemetism survived, it'd be just as convoluted.  As... it would be roughly the same age. :)

Edited by Euodiachloris, 14 October 2013 - 08:48 AM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

KaMiToMi

KaMiToMi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

Wow, this thread is really going OT.

Anyway, greetings from Germany. I expected Europe to win the poll but I didn't really see many fellow Germans :o

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

i am from Malaysia.......... 

Azsharael

Azsharael

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

I will do this. It will take some doing but it can be done.

Snow Flower

Snow Flower

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts

Wow! Lots of readers are from European countries! Anyway, greetings from Australia!  :batoto_003:

"You don't understand a thing..... Man's potential for evolution is limitless" Isaac Netero

sigpic221725_7.gif

Canggah

Canggah

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

greetings from Indonesia :batoto_024:

Leonie

Leonie

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Well, at least it's still got views of the Southern Cross... <glows with envy> And, bull sharks.  <less envy> And, a proper braai... whatever they want to call it.  Shame no real blackthorn, though. ;)

Dit kan nie my wees nie... ;)

They call it barbeques here :P They have the wrong sort of meat, so it's never really the same XD Plus, well, braaivleis was always with huuuuge family gatherings in my case, and that's... pretty much impossible here XD But yes, Southern Cross. No bull sharks, though, I'm in Tasmania. I think it's a bit too cold for them. We do have sting rays. Still miss South Africa, though (who wouldn't?). And I keep on discovering that the parts I like about this place are the parts that remind me of the Netherlands and South Africa >.> I think I'll be in for some continent-hopping again later in life (i.e., when I have money ;D).

Haha, well, ek sien nie einig iemand anders wat dit kan skryf nie, soooo... Ah, en ek's jammer dat ek vir so lang nie einigiets geskryf het nie nadat jy so super was om te antwoord, ek het eind-examens gehad, en alles moes staak vir dit.

They know who you are, they know everything about you.

And they know where you live, oh, they know where you live...

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

I'm from italy

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

giftlftr23

giftlftr23

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

from the land of polar bears and beavers... :batoto_031:

aspasya

aspasya

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Hello, Indonesian here, nice to meet you all  :batoto_008:

ApostBlack

ApostBlack

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts

from the land of polar bears and beavers... :batoto_031:

Jamaica??

-----

Greece here.

Bomfunk

Bomfunk

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationRussia, Rybinsk

I'm from Russia. I must say that you will not see here a lot of Russian fans. Post-Soviet Union space has its own Russian-speaking forums. I just came here to see the international comments on my favorite manhwa :D

Anasotam

Anasotam

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

I'm from Portugal! X) 

cookiekrio

cookiekrio

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts

From Vietnam :D

vU1oR8A.png

*chants* Yuta Yuta Yuta Yuta Yutaaaaaa <333

Yuta is my bae and muse for life OuO

art blog: http://cookierts.tumblr.com/

deviantART: http://cookiekrio.deviantart.com/

Pandorally

Pandorally

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • LocationMoved to Paris!

Greetings from Canada, the land of Ice, snow, and route construction. 

Chi-chan

Chi-chan

Potato

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationNear your closet, open that door.
Anyone else from the Philippines besides me?
Like meh :/ #foreveralone

CLICK ME! Profile

ironmonk

ironmonk

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 374 posts

From the US. (Louisiana)