Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Poll: Where do Kubera readers come from?

Poll Kubera

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

Poll: Origins of Kubera readers (477 member(s) have cast votes)

Where do you come from (country you are in or country you were born)? [NO multiple choice]

1. Africa (Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda etc...) (7 votes [1.47%])

Percentage of vote: 1.47%

2. Asia (China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mongolia, Thailand etc....) (66 votes [13.84%])

Percentage of vote: 13.84%

3. Australia or New Zealand or the surrounding areas/islands (19 votes [3.98%])

Percentage of vote: 3.98%

4. Voted Europe (England/UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Spain, Sweden etc...) (160 votes [33.54%])

Percentage of vote: 33.54%

5. Voted Middle East AND Central Asia (Armenia, Israel, Kuwait, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Yemen etc...) (11 votes [2.31%])

Percentage of vote: 2.31%

6. North America WITHOUT Latin America (Canada or USA or any surrounding areas/islands) (149 votes [31.24%])

Percentage of vote: 31.24%

7. Russia AND any former Soviet Union states, that do not belong to other categories (separate choice here, since it belongs to Europe AND Asia at once) (19 votes [3.98%])

Percentage of vote: 3.98%

8. South America AND Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Venezuela etc...) (41 votes [8.60%])

Percentage of vote: 8.60%

9. Somewhere else (North Pole, South Pole, remote islands, disputed areas, other planets or dimensions ^^...) (5 votes [1.05%])

Percentage of vote: 1.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Banarok

Banarok

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSweden
another one of swedish heritage here, feels like there are far too many swedish people on the net considdering population, but i know we're a very internet addicted people.

Chaos in the Trap

Chaos in the Trap

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationEurope
I'm from the Netherlands, Europe! :D

Yuzuru

Yuzuru

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow
what a funny discussion!
I'm from Germany and seeing as it is pretty much in the very middle of Europe I don't see much of a point in not wanting to be part of Europe^^
Actually the result of the poll is pretty much as I expected (granted I thought north america would be slightly ahead of europe but oh well)

mh4n

mh4n

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

i'm from Indonesia,

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts

Wow I am also surprised with how many European Kubera fans are here. I also expected most of the people here to come from the US or Asia.

Um... where I currently am? Or, where I grew up? Or places I've lived for more 5 years? Or where I was born? As... um...

I've done a fair bit of moving across continents. <_< I'm going to have to plump for "UK"... but, that's not my whole story. By a long chalk. <_<

Tien jaare as 'n kind in Suid-Afrika af en niks beteken dit? Dit wil ek nie glo nie, man.

The last part sounds kinda Dutch. Is there a country in South Africa where they speak Dutch?

One from Holland here ( ^_^)

OMG me too! :batoto_010:  I didn't expect that there would be some other Dutch Kubera fans on this site. Dutch otakus are quite rare, since most of them don't want to reveal they like anime or manga. I wonder why.  :huh:

I am from México. But I am not sure where to vote. México is part of North America and Latin America :D

Lolz, I have a friend on FB named Cloud Strife and he's also from Latin America. ;) Not sure what country he lives in, though. 

Anyway to be specific, I'm a half. Half Dutch and half Colombian and my soul was born in a different dimension; Otaku world. :batoto_025:  I kinda grew up speaking 3 languages; Dutch, Spanish and English. B)

Edited by Dreamingflower, 04 June 2013 - 09:13 PM.

Posted Image

Now a story before falling asleep

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3707972/

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationPhysically? Kansas Mentally? Too many places to recall at the moment.

i'm from Indonesia,

Welcome to Batoto! I hope you enjoy your stay here. :D

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

Wow I am also surprised with how many European Kubera fans are here. I also expected most of the people here to come from the US or Asia.

The last part sounds kinda Dutch. Is there a country in South Africa where they speak Dutch?

Um... mainly in South Africa itself?  And, in Zimbabwe (well, it used to be quite well spoken -- for some reason *cough* Mugabe *cough*, it's not as common now), Botswana and Namibia? :lol: Afrikaans.  It started life as a creole of Low Duits dialects blending with a surprising amount of Malaysian (and some Arabic as a result), KhoiKhoi and later a bit of French, limited German, some isiXhosa, isiZulu and Setwana and, grudgingly, English.  Some Portuguese also crops up, but it's hardly major.  Oh... and there is a little proposed Japanese influence: Afrikaaners use or (you see it written both ways: and, it's not the same as nie, which is from niet, obviously) a lot -- in a way much like the Japanese use good old ne.  It sounds exactly the same and comes up in the same contexts, more or less.  It's been used for centuries: the habit may have come from the VOC connections with Edo, even though people keep saying it comes from n'est pas. <shrugs>  I'm not convinced about the French, me.

So much for not many Dutch otakus, mate.  The VOC got there way before it was cool. ;)

I can actually read various Duits-dialects a lot easier than Nederlands.  You guys <shifts uncomfortably> Germanised a while ago, so it makes it harder for speakers/ writers of Vlaams, Lims and Afrikaans to understand you. :lol:

Edited by Euodiachloris, 05 June 2013 - 05:01 AM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts

Yup, well funny enough my german sucks. If only they sold manga sooner... maybe there's be more manga stuff here, instead of a few bookshop in the large cities.  :batoto_019:

Posted Image

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

Yup, well funny enough my german sucks. If only they sold manga sooner... maybe there's be more manga stuff here, instead of a few bookshop in the large cities.  :batoto_019:

Um... Duits as in Diets Duits, not Deutsch Duits.  Afrikaans... kind of uses both: depends on which part of the axis you're talking (and, yes, also uses Duits to mean "German" -- it's... somewhat confusing). <_< Brabant vs Friesland... take your pick. :P

Sorry: should have been clearer.  Hmm... I wonder if that has actually been cleaned up in Standard Afrikaans (a work in progress) since I left South Africa... <_< I hope so. :P

Edited by Euodiachloris, 05 June 2013 - 08:36 AM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts

Um... Duits as in Diets Duits, not Deutsch Duits.  Afrikaans... kind of uses both: depends on which part of the axis you're talking (and, yes, also uses Duits to mean "German" -- it's... somewhat confusing). <_< Brabant vs Friesland... take your pick. :P

Sorry: should have been clearer.  Hmm... I wonder if that has actually been cleaned up in Standard Afrikaans (a work in progress) since I left South Africa... <_< I hope so. :P

Oww I seem that's really confusing. I've never been to friesland, so I'm not familiar with their dialect. I've heard from someone that's it's quite confusing for the people who live in the other provinces.

Posted Image

mh4n

mh4n

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Welcome to Batoto! I hope you enjoy your stay here. :D

thank you :) , hehehe this is my first time ever joining in a forum ( so since i'm newbie i hope 4 understanding in any mistake n my lack in english), i don't even joining TOG forum even though i am a huge fan of it, but since i first read kubera until the last chapter now (S2 chptr 43) i dont think Kubera lost in any way with TOG they both have their own charms so i thought to be a fan Kubera  to,  i just love reading it, it's light, fun, but don't lack in emotinal or story part. espesially the emotial part (but maybe that bcouse i'am just an emetional person myself :D  ). i just can't help but to get absord with the story and felling emotional hehhe. i always thinking what could make them (all author n artist, kubera or TOG or other author) to make their story so alive, they all must be a GENIUSSS.. that's the only reason i can think of. So Kubera Fighting

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 723 posts
  • LocationWhere perverts reside and crazies roam~
Meh, the Americans are catching up now ;) I'm from the U.S. specifically in Florida ^_^
Wowww I did not expect so many of you to be in many different countries O_O This is a total eye opener :D

Wow another new member join in. Is today a day these newbies pick?XD
Well welcome mh4n!! Now we can comfort each other and discuss stuff while we suffer during the week until the RAW comes out/translattion.

Edit: too many damn typos.

Edited by ~You're~Cute~I'm~Cute~, 26 March 2015 - 12:28 AM.

giphy.gif

Hachiman

Hachiman

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

CANADA :D Cheeers.

Webbie

Webbie

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts

I live in the US but I come from Korea  ^_^

Jirachier

Jirachier

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts

I'm from Morocco.

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts

I'm from Morocco.

Hello! Nice to see you on the forums, hope you enjoy your stay! :D

YES!!! We finally have at least one person from each part of the world now! :P

maurocf

maurocf

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Brazil...anyone else?

Me too! :>

I hang around here to check the raw summaries! :P

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts

Me too! :>

I hang around here to check the raw summaries! :P

Ah, hello! Another member. :D

That's originally why I started lurking around on the forums, too. :P

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • Location.-.

So little people from Spain here :(

• Ivy likes this

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts

So little people from Spain here :(

I do have a Spanish friend, but he only reads the printed stuff, nothing online. I've tried getting him on here, but nope - ain't happenin'.