Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Poll: Where do Kubera readers come from?

Poll Kubera

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

Poll: Origins of Kubera readers (477 member(s) have cast votes)

Where do you come from (country you are in or country you were born)? [NO multiple choice]

1. Africa (Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, South Africa, Uganda etc...) (7 votes [1.47%])

Percentage of vote: 1.47%

2. Asia (China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mongolia, Thailand etc....) (66 votes [13.84%])

Percentage of vote: 13.84%

3. Australia or New Zealand or the surrounding areas/islands (19 votes [3.98%])

Percentage of vote: 3.98%

4. Voted Europe (England/UK, France, Germany, Hungary, Poland, Spain, Sweden etc...) (160 votes [33.54%])

Percentage of vote: 33.54%

5. Voted Middle East AND Central Asia (Armenia, Israel, Kuwait, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Yemen etc...) (11 votes [2.31%])

Percentage of vote: 2.31%

6. North America WITHOUT Latin America (Canada or USA or any surrounding areas/islands) (149 votes [31.24%])

Percentage of vote: 31.24%

7. Russia AND any former Soviet Union states, that do not belong to other categories (separate choice here, since it belongs to Europe AND Asia at once) (19 votes [3.98%])

Percentage of vote: 3.98%

8. South America AND Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Ecuador, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Venezuela etc...) (41 votes [8.60%])

Percentage of vote: 8.60%

9. Somewhere else (North Pole, South Pole, remote islands, disputed areas, other planets or dimensions ^^...) (5 votes [1.05%])

Percentage of vote: 1.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **
Polls are fun, because they allow taking part even if someone has only a few seconds of time ^^ Or even if someone only reads this in a small mobile phone ^^ One mouse click is enough...

I am just trying to help pass the waiting time, until the next Kubera release or Company translations..

If you wish to specify from where you come from directly, then please comment. Otherwise this is supposed to stay anonymous, so everyone can take part without directly revealing personal data ^^

If you are traveling a lot, then please vote for the country you were born in, or the country that you belong to as a citizen ^^ Also possible, voting for the country you absolutely FEEL you belong to, even if your citizenship was not granted yet ^^

I personally cannot reveal where I was born (since I am in hiding from those pesky Half hunters), but right now I live in Germany. I am a Half = half German, half something else ^^

---------------------------------------------------------
Update: I fixed the poll (added Latin America, Central Asia, former Soviet Union), I hope it shows all continents and areas now =_=;;

Edited by Goobera, 13 March 2013 - 02:56 PM.

Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

Ivy

Ivy

Potato

• Contributor
  • 154 posts
I'm from Spain. ^^

Spoiler

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationPhysically? Kansas Mentally? Too many places to recall at the moment.
While I've always lived in the USA, I've always wanted to travel (haven't been able to yet... :(). I'd be one messed-up quarter, my heritage is really wacky. UK/Ireland, Russia, Germany, Bohemia, Native America...

I've lived in a couple different places in the US, and I've yet to get away from people who've heard about me from others (or knew me when I was a little kid). Hence why I try to keep a low profile. ^^

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
Can I include Scandinavia in the last option?... Yes I Can. Now. I'm swedish.

Polls are fun, because they allow taking part even if someone has only a few seconds of time ^^ Or even if someone only reads this in a small mobile phone ^^ One mouse click is enough...

I am just trying to help pass the waiting time, until the next Kubera release or Company translations..

If you wish to specify from where you come from directly, then please comment. Otherwise this is supposed to stay anonymous, so everyone can take part without directly revealing personal data ^^

If you are traveling a lot, then please vote for the country you were born in, or the country that you belong to as a citizen ^^ Also possible, voting for the country you absolutely FEEL you belong to, even if your citizenship was not granted yet ^^

I personally cannot reveal where I was born (since I am in hiding from those pesky Half hunters), but right now I live in Germany. I am a Half = half German, half something else ^^

Come to me! I SHALL HELP YOU! Half Hunter BE SCARED.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Proud Member of Kubera Wiki

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **

Can I include Scandinavia in the last option?... Yes I Can. Now. I'm swedish.

But did Sweden and Scandinavia not belong to Europe?? o_O;; (confused)

Scandinavia is a region in northern Europe. The Scandinavian Peninsula is the largest peninsula in Europe and it extends from above the Arctic Circle to the North and Baltic Seas. Scandinavia is a historical and geographical region covering much of Northern Europe.
In the past, Scandinavia has been defined as the three kingdoms that historically shared the Scandinavian Peninsula. Today, most define Scandinavia as a region which includes:
Wikipedia says also:
Sweden is the third largest country in the European Union by area, with a total population of about 9.5 million.

Or are you secretly plotting to leave the European Union again, just that we know nothing of it yet ^^?

...I removed Italy and added Sweden now, so it is clear Northern Europe is included too, not just Central Europe and Southern Europe.. there is a limit to how many words 1 poll-choice is allowed to have, so I had to keep it shorter, otherwise I would write all the countries that belong to each of the continents =_=;;

In the end, were you referring to the North Pole, because it is so cold in Northern Sweden ^^?

Edited by Goobera, 29 December 2012 - 12:17 AM.

Spoiler

Ariatha

Ariatha

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationTexas
America.

Texas to be specific.

Weird fact: Apparently my state is referred to as the Outback of the US. Something about a profusion of poisonous insects and snakes alarming the northerners.

fiveseconds

fiveseconds

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 228 posts
Technically, there are several transcontinental countries (Turkey, Egypt, Denmark) but Russia is the first one that comes to mind. Also, don't forget Latin America and the small islands under North America. :)

Scandinavia is part of Europe, Boredoom, you silly. C:

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSweden or in the tree at 136th floor in ToG eating popcorns with God Kubera
I know very very well that scandinavia is part of europe. ;L just ... *sits in a corner*

Also, sweden is quite warm for being situated so far north. Very warmer than most other places at same ...wth was the word now ><, because of the gulf stream. But it can be pretty cold anyway, specially above the arctic circle

Edited by Boredoom, 29 December 2012 - 07:58 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Eleean

Eleean

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts
Italy.
And right now I am eating pizza. Yup yup.

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA

Italy.
And right now I am eating pizza. Yup yup.

Macha is from there also
http://kubera.wikia.com/wiki/Reader_Location

All the spainish speaking locations are missing , will have to fix that when i'm fealing beter

Edited by battradio, 30 December 2012 - 05:22 AM.

krackenker

krackenker

Potato

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSweden, Stockholm
Sweden here too, needs a scandinavian option D:

MRVGJ

MRVGJ

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationThe true north, sitting in my log cabin, drinking maple syrup while petting my pet beaver

Technically, there are several transcontinental countries (Turkey, Egypt, Denmark) but Russia is the first one that comes to mind. Also, don't forget Latin America and the small islands under North America. :)

Scandinavia is part of Europe, Boredoom, you silly. C:

Just curious as to why you included Denmark in there, unless your thinking of Scandinavia as a separate continent from Europe( which, you just said it isn't, thus my curiousity).

Btw i'm form Canada, BC to be specific

Edited by MRVGJ, 30 December 2012 - 09:02 AM.

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany
^
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transcontinental_countries

Voted for germany.

Edited by Akasha, 30 December 2012 - 06:40 PM.

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts

I know very very well that scandinavia is part of europe. ;L just ... *sits in a corner*

D: um.. um.. but... I did not mean to start any international country border or origin disputes D: I just tried to make it as neutral as possible, following the usual geography stuff I learned in school.. but I admit I do not have very high education, just finished primary school, and then 2 years of middle school, and then started working... =_=;;

..so.. if there is some dispute going on about Scandinavia not belonging to Europe, I do not know about it at all D: ...plus, officially, it does belong to Europe, both politically and geographically, I looked it up, since I was not sure...

I do not mean to insult anyone personally, I know how difficult those border disputes may be, my own country (the Sura part), has been damaged and the borders moved really badly, so the area where I was born now belongs to a completely different THIRD country =_=;; ..just like the Sura being banned to their poisonous Sura Realm ..the house I was born in got destroyed too, just like Leez village, and big parts of my family were killed back then...

So, this is just a general poll, and the choices are based on simple geography, and common presumptions from the news and encyclopedia etc, and does not mean to insult anyone ^^ I know some countries have strange borders, or belong to groups or parts of the world they are not happy with =_=;;

Even if I would be inclined to make a separate choice for Scandinavia, out of sheer sympathy for Boredoom and krackenker, but... if I start changing the choices for each part of the world that is disputed or where there are political differences, this entire poll would get wrecked =_=;; So please comment if I forgot something important, but if possible bear with the generic choices =_=;;

..I would also like to know what it is actually that makes Scandinavia NOT belong to Europe? I read that you did not join the Euro, and still have Swedish Krona, is it about the currency you dislike? ..there were no wars, or anything like that I would remember..? o_O (really confused now)

Spoiler

Eleean

Eleean

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 98 posts
I'd like scandinavian countries to be considered part of Europe. Don't let all cool, not-hot places fly away. We already don't have Siberia and Canada, Leez would never visit us if there's is a melting danger.

*totally random comment. Love Scandinavia, btw.

SoulCool

SoulCool

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationUnited States
I'm from the US. : ^_^

おはようございます。

=^^=

.../\...

Boredoom

Boredoom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 470 posts
failed attempt to lighten the mood *goes back to my corner of shame*

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

SoulCool

SoulCool

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Never give up! Only turtles give up!

SoulCool rolls a 1d20 for motivational speech success...!

Also it's interesting to see where Kubera readers are coming from. Good topic. :)

おはようございます。

=^^=

.../\...

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts

Cheer up :) Here is some more popcorn for you and God Kubera -->

**************************************************** ****** ** * <---- huge mountain of popcorn :)

Happy New Year Everyone

Spoiler

fiveseconds

fiveseconds

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 228 posts

Just curious as to why you included Denmark in there, unless your thinking of Scandinavia as a separate continent from Europe( which, you just said it isn't, thus my curiousity).

Greenland. :)