Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.57 - 149votes)

Genshiken Nidaime - The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture II

Alt Names: alt げんしけん: 二代目alt 现视研2alt 现视研二代目alt Genshiken 2alt Genshiken IIalt Genshiken Nidaimealt Genshiken: 2nd Generationalt Genshiken: Second Generation
Author: Kio Shimoku
Artist: Kio Shimoku
Genres: Comedy ComedyDrama DramaGender Bender Gender BenderHarem HaremRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of Life
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Genshiken follows the lives of a group of college students drawn together by their shared hobbies, and the trials and adventures associated with being otaku.

Genshiken Nidaime ("Second Generation") is a continuation of the previous series, with chapter numbering starting at 57.
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/genshiken-the-society-for-the-study-of-modern-visual-culture-r961)

Spin-Off:

> Ramen Tenshi Pretty Menma
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/ramen-tenshi-pretty-menma-r6171)

Alternate Story:

> Spotted Flower
(http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/spotted-flower-r2152)
Go to Genshiken Nidaime - The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture II Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window WorstWaifu
  • 3 Replies
Topic I can hardly find any fanfiction for this series! New Window captainkitten
  • 13 Replies
Topic Why, oh why Kio Shimoku? New Window cloudbill
  • 11 Replies
Topic Madarame X New Window null7
  • 18 Replies
Topic Does Suzanna Hopkins Have A Future? New Window MangaisGood
  • 4 Replies
Topic Who is translating the Genshiken Nidaime now? New Window EbonyRaven
  • 2 Replies

814 Comments

this chapter here gentlemen, is actually just a foreshadowing for the fanfics by kansai orenji

that's what I think while reading around Ohno's fear for the future..
@Deeka no - you'll end up like Yajimacchi filled with weird thoughts at best. Besides, most yaoi, from the story level and such, is really low. I think it's more likely to find good story withing regular male oriented hentai than in BL but it's not glorification of any, both just lead to showing intercourse and unrealistic setting/pairing etc.
Spoiler

I think I saw a really funny parody of star wars though but over all, no, really, no. Just no.
    • TEO likes this
I'm a little disappointed that we got a filler chapter :/
It felt like the mangaka were a bit out of ideas for the moment so he threw in a "toy". Not much more happened really...
reading this series every month makes me think that yaoi might not be so bad afterall ~

god help me! T^T
Ah, I happen to have the same birthday as Hato... \o/
Filler Chapter, but still a funny one
call for sue ...
not enough sue in any chapter
Not enough Sue in this chapter D:
@keik
yeah I agree, I think no one ever protect Madarame as Sue did so far, she's Madarame heroic spirits after all xDD

from all anime/manga I followed atm, only genshiken that I really root for Sue route no matter how slim the chance is. that's why the lack of her made me frustated :(
(oh god please forgive this shipping maniac)
@bram_history but that's what defines her as tsundere imho. She's otaku foreigner, oddball, silent with loud quote-shouts yet we all know she pays grand attention to Madarame's moves. I could say, she actually protects him in a similar manner to Hato but somethings draw her back (she's clearing way for Hato or maybe Angela?). Decembers release, probably, will put spotlight on her (that's why she was absent?). Many questions here!
This club second generation still got plenty weird creatures in it. I like it.
Hato x Madarame is still within the realm of possibility.
well it looks like madarame has some awesome friends there really, its almost unreal.
As much as I thought Madarame's confession was very well done, and his talk with Saki really heartfelt and appropriately bittersweet, I think this chapter was a bit of an overkill.

But the Kousaka/Madarame fanservice was kind of worth it. I'm looking forward to where things will lead from here.
kousaka's input... yeesh. he is way too much of a trap.
@metalbr0
the harem route Saki talking about is Angela, Sue, Hato and Sasahara's imouto. even with leaving Hato (for normal harem route), Madarame still got 3 girls paying attention for him.

Anyway nice chapter, though the lack of Sue made me sad... I want her console Madarame or something, rooting hard for them but I guess that chance is slim ... ;_;
Oh guess I will finish the doujin for them then.
Well this chapter kind of made me sad, but thank god there is a new Spotted Flower
haha what the heck is she implying!? he might get a harem route going? so after all he always had a smal chance? or still has one? eh? EH?
@Segar yeah it bothers me too, mangaka overdid it a bit.

Also
Spoiler
I found myself on the floor twitching screaming "nosehair?! You went ith nosehair?!" when he went the indirect path.

But getting a good close look at saki in full blown cosplay like that really couldnt be helped. She looked good in it. =O

Btw I also couldnt help but to notice...

Damn! Seeing this latest chapter reminds me of my college life!

Its good that mada got it out and that he had his closure... In the end its great that he has experienced it.
@Seikah, Naw. You're rooting for Hato X Mada. ._. As far as I remember, Kio hasn't established an actual timeline as to when the Saki and Kousaka in Spotted Flower broke up, and Madarame and Saki got together...so I'll keep holding out hope, as foolish as that probably sounds.

I'll orz if Madarame actually ends up with Hato. He deserves to be happy...with anyone but Madarame.
Well, despite my grumpiness about how they shoehorned him into the situation in the first place, I have to admit that was a very sweet & touching resolution. Sniffle.
No mention of how Kousaka was bro enough to let his bro confess to his girl?

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics