Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Madarame X

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: All Aboard! Shipping time! (134 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would you like to pair Madarame with?

1. Sue (65 votes [48.51%])

Percentage of vote: 48.51%

2. Angela (8 votes [5.97%])

Percentage of vote: 5.97%

3. Keiko (Sasahara) (21 votes [15.67%])

Percentage of vote: 15.67%

4. Mada x Hato (29 votes [21.64%])

Percentage of vote: 21.64%

5. Hato x Mada (6 votes [4.48%])

Percentage of vote: 4.48%

6. other (list) (5 votes [3.73%])

Percentage of vote: 3.73%

Vote Guests cannot vote

null7

null7

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

Who would you like to see Madarame romance with? Yes, I left out Saki (I like her with Kousaka) and 'harem' as choices, but you can always list them if you want.

After the first series I would have said Angela, but now its gotta be Sue all the way!

Edited by null7, 06 September 2013 - 12:32 AM.

bram_history

bram_history

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Mada and Sue gonna make my dream came true, well not many loli chara like Sue ended with the main chara in a manga/anime. So I'd like to see if Genshiken Nidaime can made me happy xD
Keiko also a possible lovely choice, her frank personality is the best :D

btw why there's 2 mada x hato?

null7

null7

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

btw why there's 2 mada x hato?

Ah, that's for the seme/uke (top/bottom) crowd.

Yeah, Keiko is a really nice choice. She has some elements of Saki, but also some otaku as well to match and balance Madarame. Plus you could get Kanji and Madarame as brothers in law which could spark another work from Chika.

sssr

sssr

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Ah, that's for the seme/uke (top/bottom) crowd.

Yeah, Keiko is a really nice choice. She has some elements of Saki, but also some otaku as well to match and balance Madarame. Plus you could get Kanji and Madarame as brothers in law which could spark another work from Chika.

I think Hato's getting out of the competition pretty soon. Kio-sensei's already getting a harem set up for him with Yajima and Yoshitake imouto (both of whom arguably manly women). Plus he himself wants out. Judging from Spotted Flower, I'm guessing Kio-sensei personally wants to go for Mada x Keiko, since she's the closest to Saki, but I voted Sue anyway. 

Keiko doesn't actually have any otaku tendencies yet, despite having said at one point that she wanted to become one. The closest she got was in recognizing the game Mada was playing, and that's only because she'd seen another girl play it. She didn't even own the game console. If anything, Saki starting from her second year at school was the one who was exhibiting otaku tendencies. She started reading manga mags, got around to understanding the lingo, cosplayed twice (with great resistance), and learned to appreciate by herself how awesome her BF actually was in otaku circles. Plus she went to practically all the Comifes with them starting from her third year.

Haiyami

Haiyami

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts

I want a sue hook up really ba too. But you're wrong about Yajima and Yoshitake imouto in the harem.

I think Hato's getting out of the competition pretty soon. Kio-sensei's already getting a harem set up for him with Yajima and Yoshitake imouto (both of whom arguably manly women). Plus he himself wants out. Judging from Spotted Flower, I'm guessing Kio-sensei personally wants to go for Mada x Keiko, since she's the closest to Saki, but I voted Sue anyway. 

Keiko doesn't actually have any otaku tendencies yet, despite having said at one point that she wanted to become one. The closest she got was in recognizing the game Mada was playing, and that's only because she'd seen another girl play it. She didn't even own the game console. If anything, Saki starting from her second year at school was the one who was exhibiting otaku tendencies. She started reading manga mags, got around to understanding the lingo, cosplayed twice (with great resistance), and learned to appreciate by herself how awesome her BF actually was in otaku circles. Plus she went to practically all the Comifes with them starting from her third year.

I want a sue hook up too. But I think most likely is Madarame is going to get out of this hooked up with no one. Main reason being is that he just seems to have no interest in wanting to hook up with any of the women yet.

And I still think Keiko is a bad match. We've only seen her shown interest in madarame, but we all know what her personality is like from the first Genshiken, and she hasn't really shown anything wise in that of being committed to the situation. She's going after Madarame, sure, I'm not asking her to change her personality, but she hasn't shown anything signaling that she would be wliing to stay committed to the relationship, like Saki did for Kosaka.  I'm not convinced.  There hasn't been anything to tip me off. Even a few speach bubbles would be fine enough to convince me, but I really haven't seen anything along those lines. Saki has a lot of examples of her commitment to staying with Kosaka, while remaining to be Saki and not changing personality wise. I don't see why the author would be leaning towards Keiko. Did I miss something?

So I'm rooting for Sue because like the other poster said, you rarely see the loli-type character end up with mc or male focus.

Suwa

Suwa

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

I can't quite remember when Sue got into Genshiken (i'll look it up later)... but isn't she in the university too? Or just hanging out with them?

So she must be around the same age as the rest... just young in appearance?

EDIT: jup she is 

Edited by Suwa, 29 September 2013 - 09:03 PM.

mitojee

mitojee

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

Who would you like to see Madarame romance with? Yes, I left out Saki (I like her with Kousaka) and 'harem' as choices, but you can always list them if you want.

After the first series I would have said Angela, but now its gotta be Sue all the way!

Boo! Madarame x Saki forever. Kousaka is a terrible boyfriend in everything except looks. Either that or Saki should find a normal to marry.

KaazaLite

KaazaLite

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts
I think the most likely and best candidate is Keiko, for all the reasons Yoshitake mentioned and the fact that, besides Hato, she has shown the most concern for him. Though I guess the Sue could catch up; its impossible for Angela cuz she don't show up enough. Keiko is alos blunt, which is good for someone like Madarame, who could really use a partner who isn't afraid to tell him his faults. If Hato was a real girl though, there would be no contest, no one has shown more affection and concern for Madarame than Hato. However, Madarame isn't gay and, from all that we know about him, he is definitely a bitch fucker so it wouldn't make sense to suddenly turn him gay. No matter how perfect Hato is as a girl, he's still a guy. Its good that Hato is a guy though; if he was a girl, the series would be too wish-fullfilly than it already is, as Hato is pretty much a perfect girl.

darksushi41

darksushi41

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMakati,Philippines

at first look, i think Keiko has the advantage but i am still leaning to Sue, because she's still not showing her full potential.

my estimate is (over 100) 38-Sue   37-Keiko   20-Angela    5-Hato   (why 5 for Hato?, we know that madarame is NOT *ehem)

MangaisGood

MangaisGood

Potato Spud

• Donator
  • 13 posts
  • LocationRivendell, literally, but I'm over LoTR

Regarding Keiko, I agree with KaazaLite. Keiko obviously sees something in the non otaku Madarame. Consider also if this was a real life situation, wouldn't a relationship between two hard-core otaku be very limiting in a social sense? To have one partner well grounded in 'reality' and the other an HC otaku (Saki - Kousaka) could be seen to work if they both give & take. Anyway, enuf about things I have limited experience in. Apologies also to all those otaku couples who are making it work :)

I must observe though that the older Genshiken sempai (inc Madarame) are mellowing as they get to grips with adult life. Madarame just got a bit spooked & quit his job, tried to refind his Genshiken mojo but is again getting pried out into reality.

Regarding Sue's age: early on in the story the characters tried to figure out how old she was and got no answers from Ohno who was looking like she had supplied objectionable material to a minor. I suspect Sue is a younger girl who has accelerated thru her education while in America. She is also rather possessively attached to Chika, tho that may only be a persona trait she wears.

KaazaLite

KaazaLite

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts

Regarding Keiko, I agree with KaazaLite. Keiko obviously sees something in the non otaku Madarame. Consider also if this was a real life situation, wouldn't a relationship between two hard-core otaku be very limiting in a social sense? To have one partner well grounded in 'reality' and the other an HC otaku (Saki - Kousaka) could be seen to work if they both give & take. Anyway, enuf about things I have limited experience in. Apologies also to all those otaku couples who are making it work :)

I must observe though that the older Genshiken sempai (inc Madarame) are mellowing as they get to grips with adult life. Madarame just got a bit spooked & quit his job, tried to refind his Genshiken mojo but is again getting pried out into reality.

Regarding Sue's age: early on in the story the characters tried to figure out how old she was and got no answers from Ohno who was looking like she had supplied objectionable material to a minor. I suspect Sue is a younger girl who has accelerated thru her education while in America. She is also rather possessively attached to Chika, tho that may only be a persona trait she wears.

Otaku couples certainly have their advantages. The biggest one is that they're much more likely to respect each other's otaku hobbies. I believe respect, or at least the absence of disrespect, is the most important thing to any relationship. They also have a common point of interests; of course, this doesn't directly translate to romance or even a good relationship, but its definitely a good start. I do know many couples who simple settled for each other due to these common grounds but end up badly cuz they simply weren't that attracted to each other.

Madarme's problems goes beyond just his otaku hobbies, even if they did influence with each other. He severely lack confidence, guts, drive, or any direction in life, something that not every hardcore otaku have as badly as he does, and Keiko criticizes him on all these points. Granted, sometimes nagging a person about their faults may actually have the opposite effect but at least Keiko has the potential to change him. Regardless, his relationship with Saki was based almost entirely on her criticisms of him and those criticisms did change him a bit.

Also, due to her high exposure to them, Keiko is already highly accepting of his otaku hobbies as compare to other "normal" girls. Unless he wants to only stick with otaku girls or manage to hook a girl as saintly as Hato, Keiko's level of acceptance is about as good as it gets.

Edited by KaazaLite, 10 September 2014 - 12:03 AM.

PaulusAlone

PaulusAlone

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

In reply to your points KaazaLite,

I think Keiko is a bad partner pairing for Madarame precisely because she is too much like a copy of Saki. And a poor one at that!

Her personality is pretty bad. You could say she is frank...but it's more like she's just pushy and bitchy. And let's face it, a bit of a 'skank' to be honest. Remember she was playing around all through season 1 of Genshiken. Even when she was aiming to steal Saki's bishonen boyfriend Kousaka, she didn't really change her ways. I don't know if her kind of "normal" would be good for Madarame, but I suspect not. An ability to nag him is not really a positive trait on it's own, as you seem to think? Forced change may well change him for the worst.

Madarame could only talk to her normally because he never saw her as anything other than Sasahara's little sister.

She showed some interest in him, yes. But not interest coming from a place of affection or romantic concern. I think it's more of a competition to her. She said previously that she wanted him to come to her all broken.

I think she is just testing herself and her charms against the  'spirit of Saki' and the other harem girls (including Hato) that are hanging around Madarame!

In fact the latest chapter (103) basically reveals Keiko's true colours in this regard. Because she sets Madarame up for a drunken conquest, only to then kick him out of her apartment when her actual 'boyfriend' phones to say he is coming over!

Quelle surprise? Nope....Same old Keiko from Season 1. Not steady girlfriend material for the average guy, never mind a socially inadequate otaku!

Now Hato or Sue on the other hand, are both actually very good romantic matches for Madarame.

Hato really understands him and would be the perfect girl, if he was actually a girl ( thus, exactly why Keiko dislikes Hato) and Madarame gets all of Sue's anime quotes and references. Plus he admitted he does like loli type girls and she is almost as shy as him in regards to 'real' romance.  I will just ignore Angela because of the distance involved.

I could happily see Madarame with either Hato or Sue!

But never Keiko...

Edited by PaulusAlone, 26 September 2014 - 04:25 AM.

darksushi41

darksushi41

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMakati,Philippines

with the latest chapter ....

its pretty much Sue got this right?

or is it? :3

FaeQueenCory

FaeQueenCory

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I think the whole "she's no longer blushing" paired with the -__- face Sue makes... pretty much sank that ship too. (That face in response to "he ain't got tits though" is basically "ew. what did I see in this trash.")

Looks like we're going the 100% Fujoshi route! Traps ahoy!

Forgotten Muse

Forgotten Muse

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationArtistic Limbo

I'm glad Keiko got kicked off the S.S. Madarame.

Not a fan of that personality of hers.  It's just distasteful and shallow.

Angela is more or less a non-contender.

I would say Sue is in the lead, but Madarame does seem to be questioning himself as of late, in regard to Hato. After all, first stage is denial...

Edited by Forgotten Muse, 10 December 2014 - 08:50 PM.

Stand by your ideals, not behind them.

Madarame05

Madarame05

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

LOL MADA X SUE ALL THE WAY!!!

Vikopaulum

Vikopaulum

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Sue definitely has my vote, as I really like her character. Runner up would be Angela, I suppose, though all this seems to be wishful thinking based on chapter 111 :(

WorstWaifu

WorstWaifu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

Nice to meet everyone here, I love Genshiken so much.

Anyways time to fangirl. OTL

SUEEEE!!! 100%!!

I just want Mada to be happy, but in my eyes Sue is his type. She is literally his otaku dream girl. 

Plus I like Sue and I want to see her character develop, if she was with Mada that would be a really interesting story to me.

With the last chapter...

Spoiler

I just joined Batoto recently and the Genshiken forum is pretty dead. After I get more used to the board culture I may make a latest chapter discussion? 

LePhenom

LePhenom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 52 posts

Yes, no problem in making any topic you want (as long as they're relevant).