Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 976votes)

Koe no Katachi

Alt Names: alt A Silent Voicealt 声之形alt รักไร้เสียงalt 聲の形alt 聲之形alt 목소리의 형태alt La forma de la vozalt Sesin Şeklialt The Shape of a Voicealt هيئة الصوتalt Wujud Sebuah Suaraalt Форма Голоса
Author: Ooima Yoshitoki
Artist: Ooima Yoshitoki
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Shouya Ishida, a boy always looking for ways to beat boredom, ends up looking for it in the wrong place. Weirded out by his new classmate, a deaf transfer student named Shouko Nishimiya, he deems her as the target of his ostracizing and bullying. Day after day, Shouya picks on Shouko, unaware of the effects of his thoughtless actions. He finally understands the pain he has inflicted on her when one day, his bullying culminates in her leaving the school, and his classmates begin to shun and harass him every chance they get instead. Determined to right his wrongs, five years later, Shouya, now a third year high school loner, meets Shouko again. Thus begins the story of a young man's path to redemption.
Go to Koe no Katachi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Is this worth reading? New Window Kenshin-dono
  • 26 Replies
Topic The hearing aids; what's their point? New Window Joe-Kerr
  • 2 Replies
Topic Koe no Kitachi anime confirmed New Window KeK
  • 5 Replies
Topic What happened to the sister? New Window Sennkestra
  • 16 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Blue Flaming Wings
  • 72 Replies
Topic I am outraged at the father New Window Joe-Kerr
  • 2 Replies

2149 Comments

I don't like where this is going. I hope the author will do the right thing or my wrath shall be eternal

Y que es lo correcto según tu?

I don't like where this is going. I hope the author will do the right thing or my wrath shall be eternal

My body is not ready for this.

Thank god we finally found out what those sticks were. 

KOE NO KATACHI 061 SPOILER AND TRANSLATION

http://manga.senmanga.com/koe-no-katachi-61-spoiler

Next Chapter is Final Chapter

Shouya Decides to become Hairdresser

Shouko Has gone to TOKYO

Welp...seems like Ishida gulped down the density pill lvl 999.

So much for NIshi-Ishida end....

KOE NO KATACHI 061 SPOILER AND TRANSLATION

http://manga.senmanga.com/koe-no-katachi-61-spoiler

Next Chapter is Final Chapter

Shouya Decides to become Hairdresser

Shouko Has gone to TOKYO

After reading chapter 60 I feel like the ending is near.

Well, theres  a message "the story is reaching it's climax" so.. it's ending soon it seems :C

After reading chapter 60 I feel like the ending is near.

For fucking sake Ishida. Why do you suddenly become an idiot at this moment? Go after her is the most right thing to do, what will you do to make her happy if you force her to stay (except marry her which he will never think of right now).
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P/S: I just want to scream because there is no kiss.

why was ueno crying

She won the contest along with Sahara.

why was ueno crying

it's ending and i am not ready ;;;;;;;;

Seijass: ah, I misunderstood your previous comment. Sorry.  :blush:  I agree with what you said, though.  

Well, i feel somewhat realistic about this chapter. For me, I can become best friend with someone only when we can both cast aside the hate for some part of others personalities. But we still need to consider each other anyway.

Pinche shouya :c

Er, more or less, but I think you're making it sound like a psychopath who behaves like that consciously to manipulate others and can't stop herself from doing it, as if it were an addiction. While she did used her reputation to reflect Ishida's accusations and feel better about herself, which was awful and manipulative, I don't think she truly realises her attitude comes off as snobbish.

Of course, being the top student has some benefits, such as being recognized by your classmates and by adults, having a good reputation, an ego boost, etc., but I don't think she wants to get these things to be able to manipulate people. To me, she cares about studies and meeting the standards of the perfect student more than forming actual, close relationships with people, because that's the "good thing to do" according to adults and society. That's kind of sad. She is like a robot, following the path others want her to follow, and deluding herself to avoid seeing how empty her life is. That's what I think anyways, I could be totally wrong and she could do it on purpose to get away with whatever she wants. :D

I haven't read Toradora, so I don't know who those characters are, but I think I get what you wanted to say. However, I don't totally agree. Sure, putting just a "nice girl" front and worrying only about appearences and manners without really caring about others will alienate you (just as Kawai alienated herself.) But frequently being disrespectful and aggresive, as Ueno, will keep people away from you, too. You can still be straightforward and/or honest without belittling others. I think a balance between the two would be the best. (I brought Ueno up only as a comparison, I don't mean to start a whole Ueno-Kawai war in the comments section again). 

Yeah maybe I was a little negative, and I might've worded it wrong since English isn't my mother tongue -.-

But the bold texts coincide exactly with what I'm thinking. I meant it's closer to she doesn't realize or can't stop herself, not because she consciously knows she can always use it to raise her own standing (bad wording on my end, sorry). It still seems to me like she thinks it's a "good thing to do" if she can point a likely culprit to be punished (not because she knows it's to manipulate them and worsen Shouya's rep). Like in one situation where she put the blame on Shouya even though he did nothing wrong (don't remember exactly, but I'm sure it happened in their high school, in class) just because she knew Shouya has a bad rep, though I'm sure she herself didn't know who did it.

I don't really need her to be like Ueno or anything extreme, just stop blaming everything on people who has a bad rep. Like, if you know it happened but you don't actually know who did it, putting the blame on people like Shouya definitely isn't the right thing to do.

I could be wrong, though, really. Sorry if I come off as a really negative person...

• Ivy likes this

Partially... yes, maybe. But I do think it's an attitude that, by common sense (I mean she should know it too), is negative. If you said it like that it feels more like her "goody two shoes snitch" has become a habit since she can always get away with it... like a repeat offender who can't stop herself from behaving that way. Do correct me if I'm wrong since I've already forgotten the details on her background.

I don't know if this is the correct example of not since I kind of forget the details on Kawai, but anyway, she's pretty much like Kawashima Ami of Toradora when she was first introduced (being a "nice girl" in front of their crush, for one), and I do think we need a character like Taiga who's completely honest and never sugar-coat what she honestly thinks about people like Ami, and instead just SLAP it really hard in their face.

Anyway, I think it's katachi. I don't know much about Japanese kanji but according to small research I did on the net, 形 isn't read as "kitachi", but "katachi", and it means shape or form.

Er, more or less, but I think you're making it sound like a psychopath who behaves like that consciously to manipulate others and can't stop herself from doing it, as if it were an addiction. While she did used her reputation to reflect Ishida's accusations and feel better about herself, which was awful and manipulative, I don't think she truly realises her attitude comes off as snobbish.

Of course, being the top student has some benefits, such as being recognized by your classmates and by adults, having a good reputation, an ego boost, etc., but I don't think she wants to get these things to be able to manipulate people. To me, she cares about studies and meeting the standards of the perfect student more than forming actual, close relationships with people, because that's the "good thing to do" according to adults and society. That's kind of sad. She is like a robot, following the path others want her to follow, and deluding herself to avoid seeing how empty her life is. That's what I think anyways, I could be totally wrong and she could do it on purpose to get away with whatever she wants. :D

I haven't read Toradora, so I don't know who those characters are, but I think I get what you wanted to say. However, I don't totally agree. Sure, putting just a "nice girl" front and worrying only about appearences and manners without really caring about others will alienate you (just as Kawai alienated herself.) But frequently being disrespectful and aggresive, as Ueno, will keep people away from you, too. You can still be straightforward and/or honest without belittling others. I think a balance between the two would be the best. (I brought Ueno up only as a comparison, I don't mean to start a whole Ueno-Kawai war in the comments section again). 

I think it's too soon yet to say if the change is permanent or not and how it'll affect them - the intention is there, sure, but that's not enough. Even if they do change, I think it'll only be partially. They won't stop being themselves. So Kawai will still be a goody two shoes as you said and Ueno will still be a mix of tsundere and yandere. :D There's a quote from Alice in Wonderland that says "you have to run as fast as you can to stay in the same place" or something like that, and that's what I think it'll happen to them. I don't know if I'm explaining myself. :S

By the way, on the front page the title appears as "katachi", but on the forums it appears as "kitachi". Which one is correct?

Partially... yes, maybe. But I do think it's an attitude that, by common sense (I mean she should know it too), is negative. If you said it like that it feels more like her "goody two shoes snitch" has become a habit since she can always get away with it... like a repeat offender who can't stop herself from behaving that way. Do correct me if I'm wrong since I've already forgotten the details on her background.

I don't know if this is the correct example of not since I kind of forget the details on Kawai, but anyway, she's pretty much like Kawashima Ami of Toradora when she was first introduced (being a "nice girl" in front of their crush, for one), and I do think we need a character like Taiga who's completely honest and never sugar-coat what she honestly thinks about people like Ami, and instead just SLAP it really hard in their face.

Anyway, I think it's katachi. I don't know much about Japanese kanji but according to small research I did on the net, 形 isn't read as "kitachi", but "katachi", and it means shape or form.

Hm yeah about Kawai I don't know...

As much as it was shown how she "might be" trying to change... still seems like the old goody two shoes snitch for me... Her attitude just irks me for whatever reason. Don't know if any of you guys feel the same...

I can accept Ueno, she's one of those people that can't stand those who's not honest with their own feelings, getting angry and pissed off about it is just the way she deals with it, but she's moving on.

I think it's too soon yet to say if the change is permanent or not and how it'll affect them - the intention is there, sure, but that's not enough. Even if they do change, I think it'll only be partially. They won't stop being themselves. So Kawai will still be a goody two shoes as you said and Ueno will still be a mix of tsundere and yandere. :D There's a quote from Alice in Wonderland that says "you have to run as fast as you can to stay in the same place" or something like that, and that's what I think it'll happen to them. I don't know if I'm explaining myself. :S

By the way, on the front page the title appears as "katachi", but on the forums it appears as "kitachi". Which one is correct?

Yeah, I think so too. :D

It seems Shouya's life is now on the right track, but I'm not counting on all of them staying together as a group unless Ueno, Sahara and Kawai resolve their differences. 

Hm yeah about Kawai I don't know...

As much as it was shown how she "might be" trying to change... still seems like the old goody two shoes snitch for me... Her attitude just irks me for whatever reason. Don't know if any of you guys feel the same...

I can accept Ueno, she's one of those people that can't stand those who's not honest with their own feelings, getting angry and pissed off about it is just the way she deals with it, but she's moving on.

It was not very clean or nice reunion. It was rather messy. With all the problems between each other ( Ueno vs. everybody, Kawai-san's victimization. etc)  and the way the public sees him, nothing is relatively well. But it looks like MC is facing them. 

Shouya! you are growing ;_;

Pinche Shouya :,C

Well you read his flashbacks right? Makes sense that he might have gone through the similar feelings.

(...)

Yeah, I think so too. :D

It seems Shouya's life is now on the right track, but I'm not counting on all of them staying together as a group unless Ueno, Sahara and Kawai resolve their differences. 

Me hice un maratón y después de un par de horas ya estoy al día.. maldición ;_; alguien dígame esto es semanal o mensual?

Sale cada semana amigo, todos los miércoles :D

Back to the story, I'm really curious how everyone will react, specially Mashiba. He didn't turn completely around when Ishida was heard, unlike the others. I have the feeling he wasn't completely acting when they shoot the film.

Well you read his flashbacks right? Makes sense that he might have gone through the similar feelings.

Anyway, good series. Read through all 56 chapters in like 2-3 hours... had to go find another source (not crunchyroll, I'll give you 3 guesses, as much as it pains me to go there)...

So much feels. Shed tears, too. I take back my previous comment about putting Ueno in her place, I understand her case now...

At first my cousin told me that all the characters other than Shouko and Shouya are bitches, so I thought they're bitches because the author wrote for the sake of them just being bitches (who knows, you might stumble to that kind of shit every once in a while, right), and wondered why there's an "award winning" tag if it's like that, but it wasn't the case at all. I'm glad it really wasn't.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics