Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 387votes)

Ran to Haiiro no Sekai

Alt Names: alt 小亂之魔法家族alt 乱と灰色の世界alt Ran and the Ashen Worldalt Ran and the Gray Worldalt Ran and the Grey Worldalt Ran ve Gri Dünyaalt Rans magiska värld
Author: Irie Aki
Artist: Irie Aki
Genres: Comedy ComedyFantasy FantasyRomance RomanceSeinen SeinenSlice of Life Slice of LifeSupernatural Supernatural
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Meet the Urumas, a slightly dysfunctional family of four sorcerers. Mom, being the most powerful sorceress around, works away from home keeping the world safe. Dad picks up the slack and takes care of the family. Except when he's out, which is when the older brother Jin finds himself in the unenviable position of keeping tabs on his sister Ran. And Ran, the youngest, is a willful girl with too much power and too little wisdom. Let's take a look at Ran's everyday misadventures, shall we?
Go to Ran to Haiiro no Sekai Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic A defense of the creeper New Window granolabar
  • 3 Replies
Topic Outarou & Ran, Pedophilic ass and ignorant little girl New Window truepurple
  • 44 Replies
Topic Latest Ch. Discussion New Window kulekrizpy
  • 3 Replies
Topic Application of the term loli New Window truepurple
  • 13 Replies

425 Comments

What the fuck everybody just got KO'd in one chapter

Man, I knew Makoto would rise up and end up becoming the hero in the end.

Spoiler

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

Dammit, first its Kubera, now this.

Will the feels ever stop?

Mom Uruma woke up, get hyped!

Welp, false alarm guys she got rekt.

Holy shit! 

Dear god these two chapters. 

This rollercoaster of emotions ain't stoppin anytime soon, that's for sure.

After having seen those great chapters with that huge door and the cool magic used by Ran's mom to keep it closed, the chrysalids taking control of Outaro, the massacre of all those guys in the forest, and all those hints of Ran's powerful magic skill, I'm not amused with Lord Zen ending the whole bugs thing with one strike. Ok, I know it's not a shounen, but honestly I was waiting for something different.... But it seems it's no over yet...

Lord Zen had to show the young ones that he deserved his wife. Previously, it was hinted that he was powerful but nothing we clearly shown to prove it.

After having seen those great chapters with that huge door and the cool magic used by Ran's mom to keep it closed, the chrysalids taking control of Outaro, the massacre of all those guys in the forest, and all those hints of Ran's powerful magic skill, I'm not amused with Lord Zen ending the whole bugs thing with one strike. Ok, I know it's not a shounen, but honestly I was waiting for something different.... But it seems it's no over yet...

Lady Menou was so fiiiiiine in chapter 30, short hair is one of my strongest fetish after all.

And that Yamirou, such a tsundere.

Long night still young

Man, reading this manga gives you such a nice, snug and cozy feeling inside, specially when it's cold outside and you drink tea while reading it.

Great manga. You guys should also try the short story collection by Irie Aki. Good stuff.

I don't know what to say with this.... development.

Thank you based anon.

Oh man, it's not yet over.

Mom Uruma woke up, get hyped!

Shit's getting realer than real but something has been bothering me for the last few chapters.

Where the fuck is Jin? Busy fucking his fiancee?

He said he was going to check on something in chapter 24 or 25.

I guess by going to check something he means I'm going on some long ass journey to god knows where.

Shit's getting realer than real but something has been bothering me for the last few chapters.

Where the fuck is Jin? Busy fucking his fiancee?

I'm not a huge aficionado of manga art, but I'd read this for the art alone.  And yet, the story is so great I'd also read it for the story alone.  It just keeps getting more amazing, usually in multiple directions at once.

This manga is so dreamlike and visually creative. I absolutely love it. Honestly, would love to see this get animated by Studio Ghibli, it feels like it fits them.

ranishugged_zpsb205b71f.png

I feel like I'm reading a Miyazaki film... It's so good...

I agree with you. I like so much how this author covers all fronts of his story. On one front there is a huge dramatic disaster about to come, and all adults are deeply worried about and working on it; but at the same time, there is a little girl who fight for keeping her promise to help her friend. I don't think she understand what is at stake with the bugs. On her side, the drama is about losing a beloved friend. And in the interaction of both sides of the story, those both dramas keeps its consistency. 

Also the author let us know Outaru wants to love and make love to the Ran he knows. On the understanding of a lonely charming girl, Ran has had a great time with him, and because of that she has made of him a beloved friend. There is nothing inappropriate here, since sure it would be nice to see Outaru's reaction if he comes to know Ran's true identity. Anyway, we have the eyes, actions and thoughts of a mature pervy playboy and those of a little girl happy to have a friend. Also here the author has been able to create a entertaining and believable interaction between both characters with out losing or ruining neither of the both characters. Nor the pervy stops being a perv neither the girl stops being a girl. 

All of it mixed in a world of fantastic magic, and I feel the same as you in taking Hibi's hug as a golden moment of that kids side of the story. In the end, it's about the kids. Not for nothing all warriors have been able to see Mr. Pudding flying through the night.  
I don't see why people are so afraid of Ran becoming involved romantically with Outarou. In my humble opinion, Ran's shift to her adult form is her way of trying to fit in with others. To her, Outarou represents the cool, older friend everyone wanted to play with as a child. She doesn't understand some of the things he does, but she treats him nice, thus feeling she could trust him.

Makoto, on the other hand, is her real actual friend. He knows the magical and childish side of her, and accepts her for what she is. It's why their interaction these latest chapters are so significant. To Makoto, Ran is Ran, and he doesn't like it when she hides who she is, even to herself. You have to hand it to this kid, his loyalty to her is astounding.

We can definitely see who Ran actually likes in the end here.

She's a child. She would have went crazy if they told her what happened. Regardless of how she found out about it, her reaction would be the same. 

In the same vein, because she's a child, she's not going to readily believe any logical explanation regardless. Proof or not, she loves Outarou and even if her brother had any sort of proof it wouldn't do anything.

I think a lot of people forget she is a child and has always react as such. But she is growing, thanks to her actual real friend- Makoto.

Reading the comments, I've come to dislike some of the points that have been made that stifles the fun of this manga. I don't care what any of you says, this following image is the crown jewel I've been waiting for ever since I started reading.

ranishugged_zpsb205b71f.png

I feel like I'm reading a Miyazaki film... It's so good...

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics