Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 976votes)

Koe no Katachi

Alt Names: alt A Silent Voicealt 声之形alt รักไร้เสียงalt 聲の形alt 聲之形alt 목소리의 형태alt La forma de la vozalt Sesin Şeklialt The Shape of a Voicealt هيئة الصوتalt Wujud Sebuah Suaraalt Форма Голоса
Author: Ooima Yoshitoki
Artist: Ooima Yoshitoki
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Shouya Ishida, a boy always looking for ways to beat boredom, ends up looking for it in the wrong place. Weirded out by his new classmate, a deaf transfer student named Shouko Nishimiya, he deems her as the target of his ostracizing and bullying. Day after day, Shouya picks on Shouko, unaware of the effects of his thoughtless actions. He finally understands the pain he has inflicted on her when one day, his bullying culminates in her leaving the school, and his classmates begin to shun and harass him every chance they get instead. Determined to right his wrongs, five years later, Shouya, now a third year high school loner, meets Shouko again. Thus begins the story of a young man's path to redemption.
Go to Koe no Katachi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Is this worth reading? New Window Kenshin-dono
  • 26 Replies
Topic The hearing aids; what's their point? New Window Joe-Kerr
  • 2 Replies
Topic Koe no Kitachi anime confirmed New Window KeK
  • 5 Replies
Topic What happened to the sister? New Window Sennkestra
  • 16 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Blue Flaming Wings
  • 72 Replies
Topic I am outraged at the father New Window Joe-Kerr
  • 2 Replies

2149 Comments

Great ending. Can't wait for the anime. This manga has great anime potential since the beginning.

Looks like that it will be a movie instead of an Anime:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-15/a-silent-voice-anime-project-is-a-theatrical-film/.82166

Honestly speaking, I've felt that the chapters have been rushed ever since Ishida got better.  It literally felt like an axed series, and while I admit that the ending... well, ended how I expected it would end, it still felt completely rushed as if the author no longer wanted to stay in this particular manga.

The manga was excellent for the message it meant to convey, but the ending left a lot to be desired.

I generally agree, I had very similar feelings.  I felt like the series hit its final major stride when Ishida was injured but the follow up act is probably by far the weakest of the entire series.

Honestly speaking, I've felt that the chapters have been rushed ever since Ishida got better.  It literally felt like an axed series, and while I admit that the ending... well, ended how I expected it would end, it still felt completely rushed as if the author no longer wanted to stay in this particular manga.

The manga was excellent for the message it meant to convey, but the ending left a lot to be desired.

el mangaka termino su manga cuando quiso terminarlo, no muchos mangakas tienen esa oportunidad porque terminan siendo cancelados

Actualizamos el capítulo final, añadiendo la entrevista de tres páginas realizada a la autora.

Gracias por todo su trabajo! ^_^

The girl with Hirose was supposed to be Shimada? Didn't see that one coming!

remind me, who?

Wait, what happened to chapters 31-43?

Actualizamos el capítulo final, añadiendo la entrevista de tres páginas realizada a la autora.

Even if he hasn't told all these things yet, he will in the future when he's ready. He's still growing, they all are. But it's pretty clear he's started to speak more openly with her after he woke up.

Please stop thinking that Hirose's girlfriend is Shimada (!). Re-read the Ueno chapter, she's right there on Hirose's av, and earlier we see her together with both guys at firework chapter.

The ending was sweet, but in this sweetness we lost the whole "I want to know more about you" attitude. We still don't know if Ishida really talks without awkwardness to her, if he asks her about the things she can't just say without being asked. We still don't know if he apologised for her ear, even though he wanted to. We still don't know what he desired to say to her when he was about to hit water. Nah. I'm perfectly fine with no kisses and other romantic stuff, I'm okay with everyone becoming succesful and healed, but what about the risen questions, huh? This is unsatisfying.

Great read. Definitely worth rereading, despise how heartbreaking the beginning is.

One of the best manga I've read. A treasure trove of character development, backstories and complex personalities. Top characters include Ishida, Mashiba, Yuzuru, Shouko, Ueno and Pedro. Argue all you want but that's my opinion!!!

The girl with Hirose was supposed to be Shimada? Didn't see that one coming!

I wouldn't slight the author or the series for it but the ending wasn't to my taste. The overall series is great and among the best but I found the ending bland and it didn't invoke any feeling (for me) unlike much of the rest of the series.

I heard the author is considering doing a sci-fi fantasy story next. I'm curious to see what she comes up with.

I like this ending. Ishida now is able to face his past and problems head on compared to his suicidal tendencies before. In addition he is now making a path for himself. His character has grown, albeit not as much as I wanted but it is great. Yes there are problems each character is still trying to solve and I think these problems never really go away like some great villain, no they are with you and you live with them. 

Great ending. Can't wait for the anime. This manga has great anime potential since the beginning.

I thought it was a good ending showing how open their futures are, though I do hope that there will be an epilogue/timeskip chapter revealing whether or not they made it to their dreams or not.

sudden ending, wish few things were resolved.  Blonde girl still a delusional bitch.  He never confessed.  Never confront old friends

what is this ??? .l. 

Wait that's it?!

so he ends up with who??

I can live with this ending, I really liked it. I guess this is the correct amount of finality you should have when ending your series, though it is a shame they didn't resolve some aspects of the story. At worst it is infinitely superior to Ichigo 100%'s, but then again, I rage every time I remember THAT fiasco. 

{Removal of Raw link} -do not unedit-

I am happy but i still want more moments of Shouya and Shouko Chan

Ooima show future of Shouya and Shouko Chan

• KeK likes this

Its ending?!?! WTF!?!?!

You dumb fuck Ishida. Bawahahahaha. It's great that his choice focused on his own path rather than following her. Conveniently it works out though. let's wrap this up with a bow.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics