Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
* * * * * (4.7 - 976votes)

Koe no Katachi

Alt Names: alt A Silent Voicealt 声之形alt รักไร้เสียงalt 聲の形alt 聲之形alt 목소리의 형태alt La forma de la vozalt Sesin Şeklialt The Shape of a Voicealt هيئة الصوتalt Wujud Sebuah Suaraalt Форма Голоса
Author: Ooima Yoshitoki
Artist: Ooima Yoshitoki
Genres: Award Winning Award WinningDrama DramaRomance RomanceSchool Life School LifeShounen Shounen
Type: Manga (Japanese)
Description: Shouya Ishida, a boy always looking for ways to beat boredom, ends up looking for it in the wrong place. Weirded out by his new classmate, a deaf transfer student named Shouko Nishimiya, he deems her as the target of his ostracizing and bullying. Day after day, Shouya picks on Shouko, unaware of the effects of his thoughtless actions. He finally understands the pain he has inflicted on her when one day, his bullying culminates in her leaving the school, and his classmates begin to shun and harass him every chance they get instead. Determined to right his wrongs, five years later, Shouya, now a third year high school loner, meets Shouko again. Thus begins the story of a young man's path to redemption.
Go to Koe no Katachi Forums! | Scroll Down to Comments

Latest Forum Posts

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info
Topic Is this worth reading? New Window Kenshin-dono
  • 26 Replies
Topic The hearing aids; what's their point? New Window Joe-Kerr
  • 2 Replies
Topic Koe no Kitachi anime confirmed New Window KeK
  • 5 Replies
Topic What happened to the sister? New Window Sennkestra
  • 16 Replies
Topic Latest Chapter Discussion New Window Blue Flaming Wings
  • 72 Replies
Topic I am outraged at the father New Window Joe-Kerr
  • 2 Replies

2149 Comments

lovee iit!!

Woah! So many feels.

Shaft animating this when

FINALLY! Now,  we get to feel more feels than the one-shot. ;u;

Oh boy... Here we go again. "Feels" attack!

Oh bugger. It got serialized.

I knew this was gonna get adapted into a full work eventually. Oh boy, time for hardcore feels. 

It got serialized... I came.

But at the at the beginning of the chapter, it's shown that the boy meet with the girl and want to be friend with her like in the end of one shot. I guess it wiill be same.

I really wish the author would just skip the 6th grade arc and do the reunite ones. :S

The 6th grade arc is part of the story too. Usually the one shot isn't actually part of the manga, but just a "prototype", and as such he has to do it all over again.

I hate bullies.........they're just sadistic garbage -.-

Nothing saying the serialization will be exactly like the oneshot.

But at the at the beginning of the chapter, it's shown that the boy meet with the girl and want to be friend with her like in the end of one shot. I guess it wiill be same.

I really wish the author would just skip the 6th grade arc and do the reunite ones. :S

It is indeed going to be a long, painful beginning...regardless of the backstory behind the guy, nothing will change the fact that he was a complete and utter douchebag. However, seeing his maturation after going through his own taste of being the victim is part of what will make this series interesting. The memories may be painful, but the fact that they evoke such strong feelings just shows how nice this series is.

But yea, fuck the rest of the class. Teacher included.

Nothing saying the serialization will be exactly like the oneshot.

The oneshot was very hard for me to read, it brought back painful memories.

It is indeed going to be a long, painful beginning...regardless of the backstory behind the guy, nothing will change the fact that he was a complete and utter douchebag. However, seeing his maturation after going through his own taste of being the victim is part of what will make this series interesting. The memories may be painful, but the fact that they evoke such strong feelings just shows how nice this series is.

But yea, fuck the rest of the class. Teacher included.

Good that it got serialized but now I'm frustrated that they have to start with the childhood again, even more detailed no less. I was so happy when the chapter started with their highschool selfs.

Wait so... the older sister sleeps around with (almost)everyone?! Well she's actually sleeping in the same spot, but I'm sure you get the picture...

I was more hoping for a sequel..

I want too see how the two of them will get an understanding of each other, not the incomprehension part again..

Well, that's already better than nothing :)

Thanx to the author, editors, and my preferred anonymous

Things can change between the oneshot and the serialization, and it's even possible that the final story will be completely different (D-Gray Man is a good example). After all why tell the same story twice, when you can change it?

What I'd really like to see is a different ending, the oneshot was brilliant, but I'd like to see an other ending too.

great. just great.

i suffered in the one shot like never before reading a manga, now im happy that this pain will be prolonged in several chapters.

yay!

I want too see how the two of them will get an understanding of each other, not the incomprehension part again..

Well its the beginning of the series sooo, not everyone knows what the stories about... (Some may not have read the oneshot)

Nice start to the series.

reading this makes me hate myself for being human.

I love it! I look forward to see both of them grow as a person who came to accept and love each other :P

even tho the boy was a freaking huge bully, what i feel more digusted by were the  so called "classmates" and teacher who were so much more scarier than the boy. They lied, and are just so scary as compared to the boy alone. 

WOAH
It's finally back.

The one-shot was a brilliant piece of work for me, I hope the series lives up to it.

That said, I'll probably be skipping the chapters involving the 6th Grade, if they are anything like the oneshot (and they seem to be only with more additions to his own personal story) it's be too painful to read for me. After the oneshot what truly interests me is what happens after they reunite with each other.

Search Comics

Highest Rated Series

Recently Added Comics