Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

So, is Sonic a chick?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Poll: Sonic, the ongoing mystery (500 member(s) have cast votes)

What is Sonic gender?

1. Sonic is girl--just look at that demure smile. (87 votes [17.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.40%

2. Sonic is a guy--he got ball tapped, for Buddha's sake! (292 votes [58.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.40%

3. Sonic is a member of the LGBT community. (29 votes [5.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.80%

4. Sonic is a guy-- but I have erotic fantasies premised on my being wrong about that. (92 votes [18.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.40%

Vote Guests cannot vote

TOP2NE1

TOP2NE1

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

I never said that it's a she 100%, read it through. I always kept out the small possiblity that it's a guy.
That picture I saw on the last page looked like a doodle to me. But if it was a valid webcomic, then I guess it suffices as evidence.

What you mean to say is that you're banking on that 1% chance that Sonic's a woman. It's 99% that Sonic's male. Meaning that you're actually the one keeping out on the smaller possibility. And if you want to keep believing that Sonic's a woman then go ahead. That's your prerogative. But don't act like you've got that better chance at correctly guessing Sonic's sex, because you don't.

That doodle is valid. It's from One's original webcomic - the webcomic that this series is based on, which One and Murata have been following faithfully. The only difference between the two so far has been pacing. For example I can predict that the next chapter is going to contain Saitama lazing about in his room until Genos comes along and forces him out the house.

So there's precedent backing Sonic being male. The only case you've got for your side is that Sonic looks feminine. Well you know what? You might want to take up your claim with Bridget, Hideyoshi, Urushibara, etc.

Edited by TOP2NE1, 20 November 2012 - 07:26 AM.

shelly

shelly

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 302 posts

same ideas here but this http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/15/ is a proof it's a he.

put a 17 instead of 15, go through the pages 1 by 1 to let them load, then go back to the beginning and click through really fast, you'll love it

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts

What you mean to say is that you're banking on that 1% chance that Sonic's a woman. It's 99% that Sonic's male. Meaning that you're actually the one keeping out on the smaller possibility. And if you want to keep believing that Sonic's a woman then go ahead. That's your prerogative. But don't act like you've got that better chance at correctly guessing Sonic's sex, because you don't.

That doodle is valid. It's from One's original webcomic - the webcomic that this series is based on, which One and Murata have been following faithfully. The only difference between the two so far has been pacing. For example I can predict that the next chapter is going to contain Saitama lazing about in his room until Genos comes along and forces him out the house.

So there's precedent backing Sonic being male. The only case you've got for your side is that Sonic looks feminine. Well you know what? You might want to take up your claim with Bridget, Hideyoshi, Urushibara, etc.

I explained that I thought the picture on the first page seemed like a doodle to me! And now go read through my message, I made it quite clear that I thought that a bigger chance rests on him being male, as I clearly stated in the message you quoted. ''I guess it suffices as an evidence'' was directed at the doodle (Evidence for ''it'' being a he.). :/

P.S: That picture on the front of the 15th chapter looks femine lol. Just take a look at those curves, you don't see a man with curves like that.. Atleast as much as I've seen.. And there's also the thing about ''lolis'' which explains the no breasts thing.
But yeah, if it was like that in his original webcomic then so be it.. Just don't fool yourself into thinking that he looks like a man, cause he doesn't.

Edited by geenius3ab, 20 November 2012 - 02:37 PM.

TOP2NE1

TOP2NE1

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

I always kept out the small possiblity that it's a guy... then I guess it suffices as evidence.

Quite clear on the bigger chance you say? I read what you wrote. Did you read what you wrote? Reluctant acceptance after doesn't rectify your earlier post accusing people of trolling.

And who's fooling themselves into what? Where did I say Sonic looks masculine? I said that femininity is crappy proof of anything, especially with Asian comics. You want a gallery? Here you go.

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts

Quite clear on the bigger chance you say? I read what you wrote. Did you read what you wrote? Reluctant acceptance after doesn't rectify your earlier post accusing people of trolling.

And who's fooling themselves into what? Where did I say Sonic looks masculine? I said that femininity is crappy proof of anything, especially with Asian comics. You want a gallery? Here you go.

Sure I didn't say ''a bigger chance is now on the male part'' per say. I thought that just saying that ''I accept it as evidence'' should explain enough.. I guess it didn't huh? So yeah I will explain it to you so that you would understand it. 'I took the evidence into consideration, and the solid evidence is ''stronger'' then my speculation, so I will now change my opinion to that there's a higher chance of Sonic being male' .. Didn't think I'd need to do it.. But I hope that you spare me from further ''YOU DIDN'T SAY IT HERP-DERP!''

I'm quite aware that there are guys who look like girls. And my point is.. So what? You're saying that I should look at every girl, and find out if she has a third leg or not? If you see a girls figure, you'd obviously think that ''It's a girl''. All of the pictures of Sonic that everyone refered to had nothing to show that it was a guy. Even the hit in his nads didn't show him having any potatoes in his crotch area, rather the surface was FLAT.. Without One's previous work to prove it, there shouldn't have been any way of telling if it's a he or a she.
It is a trap 10/1000000 times, you have to take this into consideration as well.

TOP2NE1

TOP2NE1

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
Ugh... who the hell said look at every female with scrutiny? The precedence set by One is the very evidence that trumps the woman argument. There is no "Well without that you'd have nothing!" The whole point is that it is there.

Because of that we're not in any 10/1000000 bracket. We're already in the 99/100 bracket. And yet you continue obstinately prop up flimsy as hell, superficial evidence. And even if by some fucking miracle you were right, it wouldn't change the fact that you're full of silly vanity. "My mind's telling me no... but Sonic's body is telling me yes!~"

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts

Ugh... who the hell said look at every female with scrutiny? The precedence set by One is the very evidence that trumps the woman argument. There is no "Well without that you'd have nothing!" The whole point is that it is there.

Because of that we're not in any 10/1000000 bracket. We're already in the 99/100 bracket. And yet you continue obstinately prop up flimsy as hell, superficial evidence. And even if by some fucking miracle you were right, it wouldn't change the fact that you're full of silly vanity. "My mind's telling me no... but Sonic's body is telling me yes!~"

This time you missed my point majorly.
Didn't I say that I accepted it as evidence? Didn't I quite BLATANTLY say that ''I accept it as evidence''? My god.. K I will explain it to you like I would explain it to a 12 year old. Hope you'll understand.

My point is that if you look at a girl who looks like a girl, you shouldn't have to think if it's a he or not. The Real-life chance of it is extremely small. So is the chance of it being in mangas, or whatnot (Actually the chance of it being in mangas is quite a bit bigger, as they pull that kinda stuff pretty frequently, with the genderbender genre.. ugh, but I meant it when there isn't a genderbender tag to it.). So the chance of it being like that in RL was 1/100000. That was my point! I'm NOT talking about the current chances of Sonic being a female, cause it's already a fact that in One's previous piece it was a he.

And yes, if you didn't have the knowledege that it's a he beforehand, you shouldn't really have been able to call him male. Take off your imagination glasses, and look at the pictures of what they actually show. The firgure, etc. I don't care if he's male or not, we're not talking bout that! We're talking about HOW HE LOOKS IN THE CURRENTLY RELEASED CHAPTERS!
Did you get that into your skull? I hope so..

To sum this up in a easy way:
1.Sonic is most likely a guy.
2.He looks like a girl, and there's no way to tell that it's a he from the released chapters.
3.Sonic was a guy in ''One's'' original piece, hence the chance that Sonic is a guy is extremely likely.

Edited by geenius3ab, 21 November 2012 - 12:50 PM.

TOP2NE1

TOP2NE1

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
Jesus christ this joker.

I fucking know you begrudgingly accepted it, but you didn't just leave it at that. You bring up your dumb as fuck ancillary factoids. There is no point in stating "but if we didn't have previous work to judge it by then <Blank>," or, "But in real life <Blank> is more likely!" Where the hell do you think you're going with that? Who the hell cares about real life in this context?

"But you know guys, real life people wouldn't able to punch like Saitama can!"

or maybe some

"No real life gel would keep Genos's hair so great after such rough battles!"

A whole bunch of nothing.

And yes, if you didn't have the knowledege that it's a he beforehand, you shouldn't really have been able to call him male.

You love crapping out useless information don't you?

"If you didn't read the manga beforehand you wouldn't be able to tell what happens next in the anime!"

No fucking way. How did you come to that conclusion?

"We're not talking about the manga either!! I'm telling you that in the anime, it looks like this should happen!!"

This matters?

To sum it up:

You should have never called out anyone for trolling and instead just read what was already posted and accepted that. Instead you chose to flounder around with a bunch of worthless observations. So agreeing, but all the while inducing aneurysms. Congratulations.

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts
You want to know what the sad thing is. I HAD to made it so obvious, just that someone on this topic *cough*you*cough* would get what I say into his head. I would rather have not written the message, cause I hate explaining things to 12 y olds, but I still did it to make you undestand.

First you didn't understand, and when you understood how SIMPLE my message was, you started to feel pathetic for yourself, and tried to change the direction of the conversation into ''you're silly, sounded like you were explaining things to a kid, so many useless facts that should make sense''.. Yes my dear.. YES.. Which is strange considering that YOU were the one who needed the clarification.

TOP2NE1

TOP2NE1

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
Lol you expect people to have dictionary for stupid shit that geenius3ab means to say with his poor as fuck wording? And then on top of that I've pointed out that what you really meant to say is still stupid. Yeeepp no quandaries for the hopelessly dissident witless doofs.

Edited by TOP2NE1, 22 November 2012 - 10:30 PM.

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts
Nope you didn't try to say that ''what you really meant to say is still stupid'' . This is just your baseless insult, coming from your own stupidity, out of nowhere.
And the ''you expect people to have dictionaries for stupid shit'' ... My god I used everyday words, and cause you couldn't understand everyday english, you call it ''poor wording''. The reason for you not understanding my text is either your english skills or that your brain is as advanced as a 12 y olds. Though as much as I've seen of your talk, I'd dare say that it's more likely to be the second reason.

I guess it was too hard for you to say ''Oh now I get it, well ok I agree'', as you yourself agreed with my point, and called him a ''trap''. And the second point was that I agreed with your reasoning of him most likely being a girl. Grow up.

Edited by geenius3ab, 23 November 2012 - 08:03 PM.

Namorax

Namorax

Fingerling Potato

• Validating
  • 62 posts
Why do both of you even bother to discuss this?
You obviously agree to disagree, and the rest feels like a case of "I want to point out A, but you point out the way I point out things".
Everybody agrees that due to the original webcomic its very likely that Sonic is male. But just because we have that precedent, doesnt mean the author is guaranteed (or forced) to make Sonic male this tie around. If the author intended to keep Sonic around as a male, why did he allow the drawings to become so androgyn/female?
I mean, we can compare the face and post links to the original webcomic as much as we want, fact is: the drawings DO give an impression of Sonic being female. It doesnt really matter how buff or masculine or not-female Sonic looks in the webcomic. The manga-version of Sonic simply LOOKS female. Thus sparking this thread in the first place.

[Attention: Faked Pseudo-troll-science] If I really want to troll (just as an example), I could start by pointing out that until now, everything Saitama punched ceased to exist with lots of gory splatters everywhere. Now he punches Sonic in the crotch, but... nothing really starts splattering around or ceases to exist. Therefore, Sonic never had any "balls" in the first place that Saitama could hit, proving that Sonic is female.
Saitama's punch is devastating because he is strong. Just because he "didnt intend to actually hit him" doesnt remove Saitamas Incredible strength from the equation. If you hit somebody, it hurts, no matter if you intend to hit or not.[/Faked Pseudo-troll-science]

Since some people have access to the webcomic, and are obviously able to read it... would anybody mind telling us when/if Sonic appears again? Maybe the next time the artist draws him Sonics gender will be less ambigous.

cauthon

cauthon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

My point is that if you look at a girl who looks like a girl, you shouldn't have to think if it's a he or not. The Real-life chance of it is extremely small.

And yes, if you didn't have the knowledege that it's a he beforehand, you shouldn't really have been able to call him male. Take off your imagination glasses, and look at the pictures of what they actually show. The firgure, etc. I don't care if he's male or not, we're not talking bout that! We're talking about HOW HE LOOKS IN THE CURRENTLY RELEASED CHAPTERS!

2.He looks like a girl, and there's no way to tell that it's a he from the released chapters.

Lol, your post is just asking for someone from the LGBTQ community to come rage at it.

"They look like a girl, so they must be one"

Stereotypes all the way =)

I read manga because it is so different from real life. I highly doubt that the 'chances' (so called 1/100000) of a trap in real life are properly represented in manga...

Also, I find it kind of ridiculous you called someone else out on trolling and having no evidence to back up statements, when your post was completely opinionated as well. I think that's what pissed TOP off. See your own quote below and tell me what are the 'facts' you spoke of.

Alright let me clear this out.
1. It's a She
2. The ''ball tapping'' was accidental, Saitama said that it was a accident.
3. She was totally disgusted (?) or just shaken by the fact that someone touched y'know what place.
4.Moving at that speed with balls hitting something will do more then shake a guy up. It will destroy those balls.
5. That hair style is something that females usually use, cause it involves a hair clip. Males usually have a pony tail if they have hair like that.
6. The surface was flat for where there should've been something sticking out.
7. Not going to say that it's a she 100%, but I'd say it's 80% sure that it's a she.
8. Look at the 18th page of chapter 15. That figure sure looks like a females, and that face as well.
9. I will be surprised if it's a he.

Edited by cauthon, 29 November 2012 - 05:00 PM.

Edgar Castellanos

Edgar Castellanos

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts
i think sonic is a she if not i think he would be some kind of perverted homo after that punch his balls and dick probably fell off .
i have no facts to proof this theory but is fun to imagine what happen after sonic got home.
sonic is probably thinking damn you saitama because of you now i have a mengina. lol

Also why those every one looks cool on the picture except for saitama and the guy with the dog costume .

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts

Lol, your post is just asking for someone from the LGBTQ community to come rage at it.

"They look like a girl, so they must be one"

Stereotypes all the way =)

I read manga because it is so different from real life. I highly doubt that the 'chances' (so called 1/100000) of a trap in real life are properly represented in manga...

Also, I find it kind of ridiculous you called someone else out on trolling and having no evidence to back up statements, when your post was completely opinionated as well. I think that's what pissed TOP off. See your own quote below and tell me what are the 'facts' you spoke of.

Read through the whole message. You're taking bits of my message, without even reading it through. I wrote quite a bit more about the ''1/1000000'' chance.
My god I said that I accepted his reasoning.. I SAID THAT I ACCEPTED HIS REASONING CAUSE OF SOLID EVIDENCE! ''Your reasoning is entirely opinionated as well''.. . It's a fact that his figure is similar to a female. The HAIRCUT is that of a female (Men don't usually wear hairclips?), he his balls got blown off, and he got back on his feet in the next picture. This isn't just a case of ''he has a girls face, so it must be a girl''.. Dude.. Just dude....Maybe read before posting? Just maybe? Maybe spend that extra second reading the post that you quoted? To avoid silly situations like this?

Edited by geenius3ab, 30 November 2012 - 02:24 PM.

wish

wish

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
haha you two are getting so worked up over some fictional characters gender wow i am laughing. have fun with that.

my 2 cents is that he is probably a HE, but i wouldn't overlook the possibility that sonic is a she. just fyi, it can hurt pretty bad even for a girl to get hit hard in the crotch, so that doesn't completely prove he's a man. and girls could possibly have voices deep enough to pass as male too. so who really knows. maybe we'll find out for sure later.

Metroidhunter32

Metroidhunter32

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
Personally, I'm inclined to say Sonic is male. About 80% of the time, the face looks male to me, 20% I'll admit looks female. Also, after getting punched in the groin, there was the skipped moment, could be anything. But look at this face, this is not the face of "Oh my god, he touched my vagina" It is a face of utter pain. http://vatoto.com/read/_/141615/onepunch-man_ch15_by_boon-scanlation/16 And while Sonic may be androgenously slim, I'm not really seeing much in the way of femine curves. So I'd say around 95% chance of being male.

Findyanto Putra

Findyanto Putra

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
dude he got his balls punch that confirm it 100% he IS a MAN

smirky

smirky

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Locationwalking around
i sort of think that he may be a she just my opinion maybe the author planned it that way or i could be completely wrong but the author could tell us the answer in one of the future chapters but we'll just have o wait and see so from this point untill the answer is given im just gonna say that both answers are correct. thank you for your time. :)

GoldenKaos

GoldenKaos

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUranus
At first I thought female, and I initially thought the crotch bump was her being terrified Saitama would figure out it was a she because of the lack of balls. After re-reading the chapter, it seems far more likely to me that he's just a guy who looks like a girl - i.e. Trap. There are so many of these characters about in Japanese culture - lest we forget Haku from Naruto. I've also stumbled upon shonen-ai by mistake and I could have sworn one of them was a chick. I think he's just a bishi/trap, it fits all scenarios, and he certainly looks masculine next to the two obvious girls in this picture.

Posted Image