Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

SIU's Q&A Translations & Discussions

Question Answer

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts

Baam confirmed for joining Wing Tree at the end of this arc. Pff, what a relief!
Wait, Baam is not a Regular.

Okay, Aguero confirmed for joining Wolhaiksong!

Edited by 101010, 20 June 2013 - 10:37 PM.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

LaFa

LaFa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Is it became a cadre or becomes a cadre?

Becomes.

Sorry, I did not look over what I wrote, lol.

I didn't bother to fix the mistakes.

My apologies.

Edit: Actually, I'm going to use the word executive instead of cadre. Nevermind, I'll change it again. Scratch that, I'll just use both.

Edit: I'll go fix that now.

Edited by LaFa, 20 June 2013 - 10:46 PM.

Natsunya

Natsunya

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 89 posts

It's apparently written on the day the 25th chapter came out.

12/20/2010

Which is near the end of the Crown Game.

Edited by Natsunya, 20 June 2013 - 10:45 PM.

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

Wow, so many cool things! Just to be clear, that -very long question- -very long answer- was you deciding not to translate it immediately, not some weird joke by SIU, right?

LaFa

LaFa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Wow, so many cool things! Just to be clear, that -very long question- -very long answer- was you deciding not to translate it immediately, not some weird joke by SIU, right?

Yep. Both the question and the response were outrageously long, so I decided not to translate it.

Natsunya

Natsunya

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 89 posts

Yep. Both the question and the response were outrageously long, so I decided not to translate it.

Did the question and answer seem important? Or was it just really long for no reason at all?

LaFa

LaFa

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Did the question and answer seem important? Or was it just really long for no reason at all?

It was something about residential areas, floating castles, and something else.

Gizmos

Gizmos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 854 posts

Bet that Leesoo will be the cadre. He seems suited for this kind of job.

Lafa you are awesome by the way :D

Imperator

Imperator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,501 posts
  • LocationIn the battlefield.

Well, Baam is still considered a "Regular" under Zahard's administration system because he's a person climbing the Tower and thus, not a "ranker". One could argue he's just an "Irregular", but it's not the first time SIU carefully chooses his words to not reveal anything.

Snowl

Snowl

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationCanada

I like how SIU completely skipped over Myun and Soo values. I doubt we'll ever see them.

Wing count:

Urek [s2c33]: 14

Tall guy with horns [c25]: 8

Hachuling [c72]: 8

Kurudan [c71]: 6 (originally 7?)

Yuje: ? (Undercover)

Ice Strawberry: ? (I can't find any.)

Yisoo: 1 (Already ahead of a talented ranker like Ro.  ^_^ )

The only clear pictures of the wingtrees we have are Urek's and Hachuling's. I counted 6 wings on Hachuling's using c25 for instance so I doubt the values are all correct.

Well, this explains why Hachuling can (offer to) invite Lero-ro and Quant.

hungryqueen

hungryqueen

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 242 posts

It was something about residential areas, floating castles, and something else.

Could you summarize a bit, though? I'm just curious... 

Spoiler

99 Irregulars sitting on the floor, 99 Irregulars.
One ran off into the Tower of God, 98 Irregulars sitting on the floor.

98 Irregulars sitting on the floor, 98 Irregulars.
One ran off into the Tower of God, 97 Irregulars sitting on the floor.

BoldChild

BoldChild

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 676 posts

hmm, knowing that a regular from 2f eventually becomes a wing tree exec gives us a lot of new information. This makes it extremely likely that the story will continue after Baam and whoever else reach 134 and become rankers.  Unless SIU switches it up, and somehow a regular becomes an executive in wing tree.

I wonder, it could be a lot of people, it would be a twist, but it could be Rachel, she fits the main purpose of wing tree, sorta. She wants to see the stars, but that would require she gets out of the tower, and Urek is someone who has actually seen the real stars with his own eyes.

Koon - Hachuling tricks him into joining them? OR he joins because Baam joins, or joins because he needs their influence.

Laure - He needs a lot of character development

Rak - He would fit into Wing tree's rowdy bunch perfectly.

Anak - I don't see her becoming an executive...

Androssi - she is a princess

Leesoo - possibly

Hatsu - Don't see him being interested in that sort of thing, but it's possible.

JFfDYT6.jpg

rak n' roll

rak n' roll

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

hmm, knowing that a regular from 2f eventually becomes a wing tree exec gives us a lot of new information. This makes it extremely likely that the story will continue after Baam and whoever else reach 134 and become rankers.  Unless SIU switches it up, and somehow a regular becomes an executive in wing tree.

I wonder, it could be a lot of people, it would be a twist, but it could be Rachel, she fits the main purpose of wing tree, sorta. She wants to see the stars, but that would require she gets out of the tower, and Urek is someone who has actually seen the real stars with his own eyes.

Koon - Hachuling tricks him into joining them? OR he joins because Baam joins, or joins because he needs their influence.

Laure - He needs a lot of character development

Rak - He would fit into Wing tree's rowdy bunch perfectly.

Anak - I don't see her becoming an executive...

Androssi - she is a princess

Leesoo - possibly

Hatsu - Don't see him being interested in that sort of thing, but it's possible.

Depending on how you parse the word "among" SIU could also be referencing Lero-ro.  

During the crown game, after all, he was present among the regulars taking the test.

Eight

Eight

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

---Written on 05/16/2011---

Q: How many bangs can Laure control? What about Myun and Soo?

Spoiler

05/16/2011 was during the hide and seek test. If he had that much of a head start on the other wave controllers I wonder how many have E ranking wave controllers have caught up to him.

Imperator

Imperator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,501 posts
  • LocationIn the battlefield.

05/16/2011 was during the hide and seek test. If he had that much of a head start on the other wave controllers I wonder how many have E ranking wave controllers have caught up to him.

If he could use more than 3 baangs just during the 2F that means he probably have more than 5 or equal around that number.

pepbut

pepbut

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 582 posts

If he could use more than 3 baangs just during the 2F that means he probably have more than 5 or equal around that number.

I'm too lazy to look for the quote, but I'm pretty sure that by his own admission he was already at the limit of his potential.

If he's the strongest wave controller out of 800, I'm perfectly OK with that. But if he turns out to be the strongest wave controller (other than the irregular) out of like 8 million, I'll be pissed.

Edited by pepbut, 21 June 2013 - 08:04 AM.

mister_grimm

mister_grimm

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,418 posts

Others ones.

---Written on 05/16/2011---

Q: How many bangs can Laure control? What about Myun and Soo?

Spoiler

---Written on 01/17/2011---

Q: Is there a place in the outer Tower (those under 134th floor) where nobody has passed/discovered?

Spoiler

Q: Baam is named after his birthday, the Twenty-fifth Night. How does Baam, a child without a family, remember this?

Spoiler

Q: Can a guide, like its name, find solutions or grasp the opponent's strength, bloodline, and ability? 

Spoiler

Q: Are there rules or laws in the Tower?

Spoiler

Q: Headon is called as the tower's veteran guardian, why is that?

Spoiler

Q: Are "shinheuhs" basically fishes that live in the Tower? 

Spoiler

Q: -A very long question-

Spoiler

---Written on 12/20/2010---

Q: Since Yuri was with Wingtree, is she also a part of Wingtree? How can you get into Wingtree?

Spoiler

Q: ?

Spoiler

---Written on 10/18/2010---

Q: Can the owner change a pocket's shape? What determines a pocket's rank?

Spoiler

Thank you LaFa for the translations, I appreciate it tremendously. 

Laure could control 100 baangs and it'd still be hard to see him as little more than a running or sleepwalking gag.

I am curious about the choice of phrasing SIU when he says that Rachel "told" Baam his name.  That's a big difference from giving him his name.  Why would a girl who hates and fears "the night" name anyone after it?  And if she told Baam what his name is, the implication is that she knew what it was somehow.  Where then did she get his name from?  And how then did she know about his birth?

As for the regular that becomes part of WIngtree.  I guess since SIU specifically says Regular that leaves out Lero Ro and any other Ranker.  My guess would be Koon considering his connection to Hatchuling, his feud with his father and his devotion to Baam.  Anak, if she is to live in the Tower is going to need strong allies and WIngtree would seem to fit the bill though I always thought FUG fit her need for vengeance.  But even that seems to have tempered.  I'm not sure where else she has to turn other than 43F and back into hiding.  But as an executive? 

Finally I find it interesting how SIU states that Wingtree is in direct opposition to Zahard and the ruling Families.  The single purpose of WIngtree seems to be to find a way out of the Tower.  Does this mean Zahard's singular purpose is to remain within the Tower? 

rak n' roll

rak n' roll

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Finally I find it interesting how SIU states that Wingtree is in direct opposition to Zahard and the ruling Families. The single purpose of WIngtree seems to be to find a way out of the Tower. Does this mean Zahard's singular purpose is to remain within the Tower?

I didn't think this is what SIU was saying; I understood his response to mean that Wingtree is in direct opposition to the 3 Monarchs, rather than Zahard and the 10 Families.

Which IMO better frames how their purpose of getting out of the tower might seem revolutionary or counter-cultural. The Monarchs put in place rules to administer living in the tower; Wingtree wants to break those rules, since it's (apparently) impossible to find the way out while abiding them.

Which kinda makes sense under TUS theory -- if the tower's purpose is to incubate an exis, it shouldn't let anyone out who isn't.

Edited by rak n' roll, 21 June 2013 - 03:04 PM.

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts

Well, Jahad and some of the monarchs want to keep climbing while Urek wants to get out. That's clearly a direct opposition in the case where the way out is not at the top. :D

Anyway, I wanted to comment about Baam's name.

I am curious about the choice of phrasing SIU when he says that Rachel "told" Baam his name.  That's a big difference from giving him his name.  Why would a girl who hates and fears "the night" name anyone after it?  And if she told Baam what his name is, the implication is that she knew what it was somehow.  Where then did she get his name from?  And how then did she know about his birth?

She told him the day of their meeting which she took as his birthday. I understand it that way.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

but rachel doesn't know baam's birthday and so does baam